Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Roxy Music 50th Anniversary tour 2022 USA/UK
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 23, 2022 16:57

crholmstrom
I've given up paying huge dollars for bands playing strictly the oldies with no valid new material in years or decades.

and you call yourself a Stones fan. HMMPF!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 23, 2022 18:22

treaclefingers
crholmstrom
I've given up paying huge dollars for bands playing strictly the oldies with no valid new material in years or decades.

I'm still a fan of their music but I don't think I'd pay big bucks or travel for them anymore. My last show in 2019 was fantastic & I'd rather leave it at that. I took my friend who had never seen them & she was impressed. It's not really my Stones anymore without Charlie. Their sound has changed considerably without him & the guitars are so heavily processed it's hard for me to hear what they're actually playing. As someone who has hands like Keith it amazes me that he can play at all anymore. Actually, my concert days may be ending soon because of health issues. Looks like I've got some really major surgery on my spine coming by the end of the year. Got the news this week. I have to go through a lot of hoops before it can happen but if I don't do it I'm looking at a wheelchair for sure. I may still end up in one or dead with the surgery but I'm going to take the chance. I don't make long term plans for concerts & such anymore.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 23, 2022 21:48

crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom

I'm still a fan of their music but I don't think I'd pay big bucks or travel for them anymore. My last show in 2019 was fantastic & I'd rather leave it at that. I took my friend who had never seen them & she was impressed. It's not really my Stones anymore without Charlie. Their sound has changed considerably without him & the guitars are so heavily processed it's hard for me to hear what they're actually playing. As someone who has hands like Keith it amazes me that he can play at all anymore. Actually, my concert days may be ending soon because of health issues. Looks like I've got some really major surgery on my spine coming by the end of the year. Got the news this week. I have to go through a lot of hoops before it can happen but if I don't do it I'm looking at a wheelchair for sure. I may still end up in one or dead with the surgery but I'm going to take the chance. I don't make long term plans for concerts & such anymore.

Whatever happens, please continue to post! Your info through these years is appreciated!

Date: October 23, 2022 22:13

shattered
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom

Whatever happens, please continue to post! Your info through these years is appreciated!

Thank you. I appreciate that. It's been a rough week.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 23, 2022 22:47

smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 24, 2022 06:35

crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom

Very sorry to hear CR. I hope it all works out better than you think. I was also at the Seattle show in 2019...fantastic. I was only joking about the 'stones fan' thing, but I'm sure you realized that.

Date: October 24, 2022 17:07

treaclefingers
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom

Very sorry to hear CR. I hope it all works out better than you think. I was also at the Seattle show in 2019...fantastic. I was only joking about the 'stones fan' thing, but I'm sure you realized that.

Thanks treaclefingers. I know you were joking. Being on a fixed income I had to draw a line in the sand regarding shows especially considering how prices have escalated. An example was just this last weekend. 5-10 years ago I would've automatically gone to anything that had the Who in it. I passed on the show Saturday. I've seen some magnificent Who shows going back to 1980 & I'm pretty sure that the current tour would disappoint me. I'm going to keep going as long as I can, I just have to consider the costs both physically & financially. It's really hard for me to go to events now & getting harder. I only have one show left this year & a few early next year. Buying stuff a year in advance just isn't a smart move right now.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 26, 2022 06:27

Wishing you nothing but the best CR. Positive vibes toward you from all corners of our Stones universe here!! Many prayers that all goes well and smooth for you!!!!

Date: October 26, 2022 15:49

VoodooLounge13
Wishing you nothing but the best CR. Positive vibes toward you from all corners of our Stones universe here!! Many prayers that all goes well and smooth for you!!!!

Thank you.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home