Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New Releases 2022-2023
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 29, 2022 22:49

jahisnotdead
I liked Superheavy and loved Wandering Spirit. I'm ready for any new music from Mick. Release all 40 at once, Mick!!!

So one song after all, singing and lyrics for a TV series, now that's exciting, or is it?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 30, 2022 05:07

gotdablouse
jahisnotdead
I liked Superheavy and loved Wandering Spirit. I'm ready for any new music from Mick. Release all 40 at once, Mick!!!

So one song after all, singing and lyrics for a TV series, now that's exciting, or is it?

well he's 79

and considering the lack of new music from them i'm pretty excited to get anything

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 30, 2022 05:37

gotdablouse
jahisnotdead

Can't you please wait with the Mick bashing until you have heard the song at least once?

Date: March 30, 2022 10:30

ProfessorWolf
gotdablouse
jahisnotdead

well he's 79

and considering the lack of new music from them i'm pretty excited to get anything

Yes it's better than nothing of course but that song for which he didn't write the music is unrelated to the 40 songs (probably more) he has in the can and there's no indication of them (or new Stones music) being released in the near future. The "new Mick music" mentioned by the OP held slightly more promise...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 30, 2022 11:21

I thought there was talk about releasing the jagger solo tour shows from Japan and Australia dvd and cd? Yet again don’t remember where I read it or just rumor

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: March 31, 2022 11:13

Bashlets
I thought there was talk about releasing the jagger solo tour shows from Japan and Australia dvd and cd? Yet again don’t remember where I read it or just rumor

I read that too. It was originally going to be released under the Stones 'From The Vault' banner, which seemed strange.

Date: March 31, 2022 11:39

Barkerboy2
Bashlets

I read that too. It was originally going to be released under the Stones 'From The Vault' banner, which seemed strange.

huh?confused smiley

anymore details?

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: March 31, 2022 12:59

No, I just remember reading that - not sure where, but I definitely did. I mean, it was probably just a rumour at the time, but I remember thinking how odd that would be if that actually happened.

Re: New Releases 2022
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 31, 2022 13:58

Irix

Wandering Spirit - Double-Vinyl (reissue) - [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com] - (4-Jun-2022).

Thx. I am reading this for the first time. Such a great record. Can't wait - seems sold out at many sites.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 31, 2022 13:59

I just found it on Amazon
[www.amazon.de]

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 31, 2022 14:31

retired_dog
gotdablouse
jahisnotdead

Can't you please wait with the Mick bashing until you have heard the song at least once?

Hahaha...yeah...it's amazing the angst against the Jagger solo projects. Ridiculous

Date: March 31, 2022 15:46

Barkerboy2
No, I just remember reading that - not sure where, but I definitely did. I mean, it was probably just a rumour at the time, but I remember thinking how odd that would be if that actually happened.

yeah esspecially since jagger down under would be a much better release then tokyo

Date: March 31, 2022 16:03

Eleanor Rigby
retired_dog
gotdablouse
jahisnotdead

Hahaha...yeah...it's amazing the angst against the Jagger solo projects. Ridiculous

What "angst" ? The "problem" is that it's just a meaningless co-write with a guy no one had heard about until yesterday that will be forgotten overnight (some people here didn't even remember that he'd put out "Eazy Sleazy") when he's been sitting on dozens of songs for nearly two decades and can't be bothered to release them either under his name or with the Stones.

--------------

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: March 31, 2022 18:04

This is a song made for a movie/series.It,s not a Stones song.Probably not a nearby hitsong,just a song for a movie.Nothing nearbye a Stonessong

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 31, 2022 18:11

Maybe the band will release the songs they’ve recorded but not release after they die. Right now they can make 20 times the money doing a tour that they can from an album of new songs.But after they go the way their estates will be able to make money is to release music .

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: March 31, 2022 20:32

There will be also a bluray/dvd release of BBC four hours Documentary about the story of The Band?!

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 31, 2022 22:02

mailexile67
There will be also a bluray/dvd release of BBC four hours Documentary about the story of The Band?!

yep

One hour for each "Stones"
Can't wait

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 31, 2022 22:08

gotdablouse
Eleanor Rigby
retired_dog
gotdablouse
jahisnotdead

What "angst" ? The "problem" is that it's just a meaningless co-write with a guy no one had heard about until yesterday that will be forgotten overnight (some people here didn't even remember that he'd put out "Eazy Sleazy") when he's been sitting on dozens of songs for nearly two decades and can't be bothered to release them either under his name or with the Stones.

I agree with you gotdablouse.

Nothing agaisnt Mick and his oddball/forgettable solo projects, but to paraphrase something Charlie said a couple of years ago " so where's the new album"?
A shame they couldn't get it done while Charlie was still alive, and now there's bound to be more delays with a new drummer invloved.
On the bright side, at least they were able to complete and release Ghost Town while Charlie was still alive, and something is better than nothing.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 31, 2022 22:11

schwonek
Irix

Wandering Spirit - Double-Vinyl (reissue) - [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com] - (4-Jun-2022).

Thx. I am reading this for the first time. Such a great record. Can't wait - seems sold out at many sites.

I don't understand, what is different with this release, and the one they released last year, which I got?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 31, 2022 22:20

treaclefingers

I don't understand, what is different with this release, and the one they released last year, which I got?

Nothing different than the 2019 release - except that's now deliverable again. I've posted that link because someone mentioned a real Deluxe-Edition of Wandering Spirit, e.g. with Webster Hall Live - [iorr.org] .

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1764
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home