Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New Releases 2022-2023
Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 28, 2022 12:50

After El Mocambo release :

-You will hear soon about MicK Jagger stuff also winking smiley When i said soon, it's more than you think winking smiley
- MSG 2003 with bonus
- More Hot rocks (Record store day)

During the next 15 months it's gonna be a blast with new releases, i can tell you.

More stuff here

[sympathyforthedevils.com]

The frenchies winking smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-28 16:49 by bv.

Re: New Releases 2022
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 28, 2022 13:00

Looks like we'll also get:

7" Singles: 1963-1966 (18-disc Vinyl) - [iorr.org] - (27-May-2022)

Checkerboard Lounge 1981 (Color Vinyl) - [iorr.org] - (19-Aug-2022)

Date: March 28, 2022 13:05

AntoineParis

- MSG 2003 with bonus

Rolling Stones Licked Live In NYC - [iorr.org] - (10-Jun-2022)

More Hot Rocks - [iorr.org] - (23-Apr-2022)

Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap / Live At The Palladium (Double Cassette) - [iorr.org] - (18-Jun-2022)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-13 19:05 by Irix.

Date: March 28, 2022 13:40

AntoineParis

- You will hear soon about MicK Jagger stuff also

Strange Game - from the AppleTV+ series Slow Horses - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] - (1-Apr-2022).

The Very Best Of Mick Jagger - (SHM-CD, paper-sleeve) - [www.Amazon.co.uk] - (2022).

Wandering Spirit - Double-Vinyl (reissue) - [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com] - (4-Jun-2022).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-01 10:30 by Irix.

Re: New Release
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 28, 2022 14:36

AntoineParis

You will hear soon about Mick Jagger stuff

I'd speculate it'll be an expanded Wandering Spirit.

The calculating dude in me can't help but think the mention by Jimmy Rip in a recent interview of a version of the album cut with Charlie Watts around 89/88 is no accident.
Could this mention be part of a pre-promo press campaign? With Mick's green light?
And the release of the CW-related material could be a nice nod to the departed drummer by Mick.

Opinions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-28 14:38 by dcba.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 28, 2022 14:48

little confused by the wording of the translation on the sftd site about mick's future solo releases

perhaps some french speaking fans can help clarifies this for me

the french

La réédition en vinyle du Best Of Mick Jagger (sorti en CD en 2007), n'est pour le moment plus d'actualité sans pour autant être abandonnée.
Cependant, attendez-vous à entendre très rapidement parler de Mick en solo !

the english translation

The vinyl reissue of Best Of Mick Jagger (released on CD in 2007), is for the moment no longer relevant without being abandoned.
However, expect to hear about Mick solo very soon!

i can't figure out if this means that there was a vinyl reissue of best of jagger planned but abandoned so now there's gonna be some other solo release from mick

or if it's just being released in another format like the shm cd irix posted about above

Date: March 28, 2022 15:03

dcba
AntoineParis

You will hear soon about Mick Jagger stuff

I'd speculate it'll be an expanded Wandering Spirit.

The calculating dude in me can't help but think the mention by Jimmy Rip in a recent interview of a version of the album cut with Charlie Watts around 89/88 is no accident.
Could this mention be part of a pre-promo press campaign? With Mick's green light?
And the release of the CW-related material could be a nice nod to the departed drummer by Mick.

Opinions?

now this i would love

esspecially with webster hall released with it

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: March 28, 2022 15:29

Professor Wolf:

The vinyl reissue of the "Very Best Of MJ" is postponed for now. But we should hear something about Mick's solo work very shortly.

Date: March 28, 2022 15:50

GivenToFly15
Professor Wolf:

The vinyl reissue of the "Very Best Of MJ" is postponed for now. But we should hear something about Mick's solo work very shortly.

thank you

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 28, 2022 15:56

So nothing anybody cares about. Nothing new, or previously unreleased. So...not really a new release. I guess New Redundancy would have made for an awkward heading.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 28, 2022 16:20

Mick archival possibilities: 1988 solo show(s), The Red Devils sessions, the Gary Moore gig, and the Webster Hall gig. There will not be a release of material with Charlie. A new Mick solo album is a very real possibility. He has completed material.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: March 28, 2022 16:28

Rocky Dijon
Mick archival possibilities: 1988 solo show(s), The Red Devils sessions, the Gary Moore gig, and the Webster Hall gig. There will not be a release of material with Charlie. A new Mick solo album is a very real possibility. He has completed material.
I look forward to that - and I hope it will speed up the finishing touches on the new Stones-album.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 28, 2022 17:05

Rocky Dijon

Thanks for the warning.

In all seriousness, he should release a solo album. If Keith doesn’t like the stuff and won’t budge, then why not.

Re: New Releases 2022-2023
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 28, 2022 17:16

Mick should have enough songs to fill 4 albums of new stuff if he wants to release it, good or bad it doesn't matter, with sales so low he can get a Top 10/20 album everywere, he can duet a song with any hot streaming act anytime too.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 28, 2022 17:27

C'mon Mick...this is the right stuff!!
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: March 28, 2022 17:47

I am happy if it's a new Mick solo album. Hopefully Eazy Sleazy will be on it.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 28, 2022 18:18

What? A Mick solo album to celebrate sixty years with the Stones?.......... recorded in Jamaica with a old mate who plays a lot of bass!!!

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: March 28, 2022 18:46

There is a new solo project of Jagger on his way

[twitter.com]

Posted by: z ()
Date: March 28, 2022 19:05

I’ve been working on a fun project with the composer Daniel Pemberton… look out for it coming soon!

[m.facebook.com]

Date: March 28, 2022 19:15

I can't really complain about Mick solo. Easy Sleazy, with Grohl, and Warring People with Superheavy were great. I don't remember the last great Keith song that wasn't a croaky ballad that made Dylan sound smooth.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 28, 2022 19:21

Slow Horses tv show drops on 1st April on Apple tv..looks like Mick has off loaded some of the 40 demos onto Apple (mega bucks)

Its an old school MI5 spy thriller, the dirty nasty bits that James Bond stays away from says the Radio Times.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 28, 2022 20:26

Yeah, seemingly Mick's new project is a tv show soundtrack with Daniel Pemberton. He told some time ago that he had been doing stuff during the lockdown/pandemia with several people, so this seemingly is one of those.

Honestly, I never heard about Pemberton, but now as I Googled him, I noticed he has done a helluva lot a rather high profile film and tv series music.

Interesting to hear the results, and in which form they will be released ( I mean, outside the tv show - a single?).

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-28 20:35 by Doxa.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 28, 2022 21:36

24FPS
I can't really complain about Mick solo. Easy Sleazy, with Grohl, and Warring People with Superheavy were great. I don't remember the last great Keith song that wasn't a croaky ballad that made Dylan sound
smooth.

Gotta Get a Grip, England Lost, Warring People, Eazy Sleazy...are great. C'mon, be serious!

Date: March 28, 2022 21:40

ukcal

Slow Horses tv show drops on 1st April on Apple tv

"Including the choice of the superb opening credits song, written by Mick Jagger and Daniel Pemberton." - [www.DailyMail.co.uk]

Slow Horses: [www.Apple.com] , [en.Wikipedia.org] , [www.IMDb.com] .

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 28, 2022 23:58

Doesn't sound much like a proper "solo album", more like another "side project" like "Alfie" or "Superheavy", who needs that kind of stuff ?!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 29, 2022 00:23

KRiffhard
24FPS
I can't really complain about Mick solo. Easy Sleazy, with Grohl, and Warring People with Superheavy were great. I don't remember the last great Keith song that wasn't a croaky ballad that made Dylan sound
smooth.

Gotta Get a Grip, England Lost, Warring People, Eazy Sleazy...are great. C'mon, be serious!

Eazy and Warring People ARE great. Better than anything, more energetic, more original, than anything what's left of the Stones have put out in 30 years.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 29, 2022 04:51

MelBelli
Rocky Dijon

Thanks for the warning.

In all seriousness, he should release a solo album. If Keith doesn’t like the stuff and won’t budge, then why not.

Love a solo album featuring an actual release of Easy Sleazy...and a few more songs in that vein.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 29, 2022 05:28

I liked Superheavy and loved Wandering Spirit. I'm ready for any new music from Mick. Release all 40 at once, Mick!!!

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 29, 2022 15:55

AntoineParis

-You will hear soon about MicK Jagger stuff also winking smiley When i said soon, it's more than you think winking smiley
- MSG 2003 with bonus

During the next 15 months it's gonna be a blast with new releases, i can tell you.

More stuff here

[variety.com]

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: March 29, 2022 15:58

AntoineParis
AntoineParis

- MSG 2003 with bonus

More stuff here

[variety.com]

Thanks for sharing all the information.
Any hint what might follow as new archival release after MSG?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home