Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT- RIP Taylor Hawkins
Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: March 28, 2022 01:07

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 28, 2022 01:17

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-28 01:20 by Bastion.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 28, 2022 13:47

Gone all to soon R.I.P Taylor . One heck of a drummer and Human !

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 28, 2022 13:58

From Lollapalooza Chile, just 10 days ago:

Not his last performance, but second-to-last.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 28, 2022 14:59

Elton John's tribute:

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 29, 2022 04:43

Howard Stern, tribut to Taylor...

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 29, 2022 22:32

Sadly cancelled all remaining tour dates - not a surprise but a very sad situation

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 29, 2022 22:46

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 30, 2022 00:27

I don't think we see the Foo Fighters for a long time, or that Dave just ends the band. This must be killing him and the rest of the band.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 30, 2022 02:42

The Foo Fighters calling off the rest of the upcoming tour says a lot. It also makes the Stones look bad for not taking time off for Charlie and in the middle of a COVID outbreak. It really makes them look greedy.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 30, 2022 02:47

The Sicilian
The Foo Fighters calling off the rest of the upcoming tour says a lot. It also makes the Stones look bad for not taking time off for Charlie and in the middle of a COVID outbreak. It really makes them look greedy.

Yeah but it's okay because only the most deluded would argue the Stones aren't greedy.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 30, 2022 03:19

The Sicilian

$tones

Greedy indeedy.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: March 30, 2022 03:26

Charlie was 80 he was ill and approved Steve Jordan to fill in... I guess you could call the new tour greedy but I don't think so, I look at it as way for us the fans to say goodbye to Charlie.

Taylor was 50 in what seemed good heath - It was a shock they need time to recover from that.

2 totally differnt senarios in my opinion.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 30, 2022 03:42

umakmehrd
Charlie was 80 he was ill and approved Steve Jordan to fill in... I guess you could call the new tour greedy but I don't think so, I look at it as way for us the fans to say goodbye to Charlie.

Taylor was 50 in what seemed good heath - It was a shock they need time to recover from that.

And a lot of the Stones story is steeped in mythology and a lot of the fans subscribe to it wholeheartedly. I don't any of the members are what you would call close (in fact they probably all hate each other) while by all accounts Taylor and Dave were very close.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 30, 2022 04:04

Dan
umakmehrd

And a lot of the Stones story is steeped in mythology and a lot of the fans subscribe to it wholeheartedly. I don't any of the members are what you would call close (in fact they probably all hate each other) while by all accounts Taylor and Dave were very close.

yeah...that's a bit harsh I think.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 30, 2022 04:12

The Sicilian

Moronic premise ... for one, FF were already in the middle of a tour, and have not said they will never tour again.

And two, each person, band, etc. can choose to do as THEY deem fit for their own situation.

As for greedy ... lol, of course they are, look at the deluxe packages. All bands are doing that, including foo fighters.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 30, 2022 04:43

LeonidP
The Sicilian

Moronic premise ... for one, FF were already in the middle of a tour, and have not said they will never tour again.

And two, each person, band, etc. can choose to do as THEY deem fit for their own situation.

As for greedy ... lol, of course they are, look at the deluxe packages. All bands are doing that, including foo fighters.

Totally agree with Leonidp Moronic premise is correct

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 30, 2022 05:14

The Stones do no wrong crowd won't like it but in reality Leonidp is probably dead on
And Taylor and Dave were indeed tight.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: March 30, 2022 06:24

The Sicilian

It’s a different situation.
There’s a difference between an expected death (which it seems Charlie’s was towards the end of his illness) and an acknowledgement of that and discussions about what could happen. (Which did happen, Charlie gave Steve his blessing)

Hawkins’ death is smack in the middle of a tour, they played a few nights previously, and a relatively young guy also.
And at this stage it’s too early to tell if the FF continue, they may well do so.

Some do - The Who, The Stones, even the Beatles went on after Pete Best.
Some Don’t - Zeppelin

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 30, 2022 07:46

LeonidP
The Sicilian

I never said they would never tour again, how did you come up that idea?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 30, 2022 08:21

The Sicilian

Completely different scenarios.

Had the Stones been in the middle of a tour - with Charlie - and he died, you think they'd continue?

Steve Jordan was already in place. Charlie wanted them to continue. You know that already. The Foo Fighters are in no position to fulfill contracts with such a tragedy. It is a business. Dave Grohl will figure out what to do, just like the Stones and AC/DC, amongst others, have figured out over the years.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: March 30, 2022 08:49

I know of one band who continued after losing drummers to the following accidents:

John “Stumpy” Pepys (1964–1966) Died in a bizarre gardening accident, that the authorities said was “best left unsolved.”
Eric “Stumpy Joe” Childs (1966–1967) Choked on vomit of unknown origin, perhaps but not necessarily his own, because “you can’t really dust for vomit.”
Peter “James” Bond (1967–1977) Spontaneously combusted on stage during a jazz festival on the Isle of Lucy.
Mick Shrimpton (1977–1982) Exploded onstage.
Joe “Mama” Besser (1982) Claimed he “couldn’t take this 4/4 shit”; according to an MTV interview with Spinal Tap in November 1991, he disappeared along with the equipment during their Japanese tour. He is either dead or playing jazz.
Richard “Ric” Shrimpton (1982–1999) Allegedly sold his dialysis machine for drugs; presumed dead.
Sammy “Stumpy” Bateman (1999-2001) Died trying to jump over a tank full of sharks while on a tricycle in a freak show.
Scott “Skippy” Scuffleton (2001–2007) Fate unknown.
Chris “Poppa” Cadeau (2007–2008) Eaten by his pet python Cleopatra.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: March 30, 2022 10:08

The Sicilian

You really don't see the difference here? One tour that hadn't started and a drummer who picked the one to fill in for him...the other a guy that died in the middle of a tour...fantastic. Congratulations to you.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 30, 2022 12:15

The grohl autobiography makes v clear he and Taylor were indeed very close - a brother like relationship. Plus in same book he talks candidly about losing Kurt whilst in nirvana. My thoughts - Taylor dying unexpectedly in the middle of a tour is a completely different scenario to an already ill, 80 year old Charlie having bowed out of the us tour last year and endorsed a replacement.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2022 12:49

This thread is in memory of Taylor Hawkins. Too bad it has to be closed, due to campaigning about off topic matters.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home