Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT- RIP Taylor Hawkins
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 26, 2022 15:38

So sad. RIP Taylor.

- Doxa

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 26, 2022 16:13

MisterDDDD
As unthinkable as it was initially to think about Charlie being replaced with anyone, we all were fortunate that Charlie himself was able to recommend Jordan for the US tour, and clearly wanted the show to go on.

The Foo Fighters will likely continue, but losing Hawkins suddenly like this, mid-tour, has to be very difficult for the band, in terms of when and with whom that they retake the stage.

Hope they are able to.. very tough loss for them.

[twitter.com]

Well at least in the short term, Dave can play drums if they want to honor their contracts. They have an abundance of guitar players in that band. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 26, 2022 16:25

crholmstrom

Well at least in the short term, Dave can play drums if they want to honor their contracts. They have an abundance of guitar players in that band. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Dave drumming would be appropriate, I think. However, the 'singing drummer', never looks quite 'right' to me. There's something almost comical about it. I'm thinking of the goofiness of Ringo and, say, Dave Clark. That probably doesn't help!

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: March 26, 2022 17:06

Big Al
crholmstrom

However, the 'singing drummer', never looks quite 'right' to me. There's something almost comical about it. I'm thinking of the goofiness of Ringo and, say, Dave Clark. That probably doesn't help!

Levon Helm

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 26, 2022 17:14

Big Al
[

Dave drumming would be appropriate, I think. However, the 'singing drummer', never looks quite 'right' to me. There's something almost comical about it. I'm thinking of the goofiness of Ringo and, say, Dave Clark. That probably doesn't help!

Did Dave Clark sing?

Karen Carpenter!

But back to topic: Taylor Hawkins was a star. I never followed Foo Fighters, but when I saw him interviewed on TV I thought he had magnetic quality. Not all musicians have that much personality, and it's a shame that he's gone too soon.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 26, 2022 17:25

Very saddened to hear this. I was only recently starting to get into their music, so mourn his loss as a great drummer. But I also saw how he treated Nandi (young female drummer from UK, for those unfamiliar) when they had her join them on stage in LA last year - giving up his seat for the encore so that she could shine, treating her so generously and graciously - and mourn his loss as a person even more. RIP, and condolences to his loved ones.

Posted by: KeefFan2003 ()
Date: March 26, 2022 21:20

Cant believe the news. I started playing guitar influenced by bands like nirvana and the foo fighters. Rest in Peace Taylor.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: March 26, 2022 21:25

Very sad. RIP

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 26, 2022 23:10

Rock legend Mick Jagger took to Twitter to write, “So incredibly sad to hear of the passing of Taylor Hawkins. My thoughts are with his family and the band at this time.”

[www.yahoo.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 26, 2022 23:42

Herald Sun ---- 27 March 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 27, 2022 00:33

Very sad news, and on the News channels here in UK all day long.

Didn't know little things like Queen was his favourite band, and he loved to sing their songs with his covers bands, and when Dave Grohl took over on drums.

So much charisma and talent, and so well liked I reckon by everyone.

A really nice guy, I'm sure.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 27, 2022 00:48

THE AGE ---- 27 March 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 27, 2022 01:16

Not a huge fan of theirs, but tragic how young, and how many we are losing this year. From the sounds of things, it might have been a heart attack. RIP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-27 01:39 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 27, 2022 01:31

Heavy tune and a smokin' live version from Later With Jools Holland, 2002...

RIP Taylor

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 27, 2022 01:32

foo fighters is as far as my cup of tea as far can be, but this is so sad
RIP

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 27, 2022 01:54

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 27, 2022 03:01

Nice tribute posted by Stevie Nicks..

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: March 27, 2022 03:10

video: [www.facebook.com]

Great version of IORR with Mick and Foo Fighters....

RIP

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 27, 2022 03:11

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: March 27, 2022 03:21

JimmyTheSaint

Levon Helm

You beat me to it. drinking smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 27, 2022 04:17

Sad to hear about the toxicology. Apparently he had many demons he struggled with like so many.......still so very sad and young.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: March 27, 2022 04:48

Didn’t want to jump to conclusions, still won’t but he had a close brush with death before due to use of stuff, so I thought it might be a factor. RIP.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: March 27, 2022 05:03

I heard Taylor and Grohl being interviewed on Howard Stern last month. They were brothers in arms for sure. So sad that his life has ended at the age of only 50 and at a pinnacle in a career. R.I.P. Taylor, many thanks for the music.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 27, 2022 05:32

There were multiple drugs found in the room where Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins died, according to a report out of Colombia which cited official sources.

“Colombian authorities found: marijuana, antidepressants, opioids, heroin. At least 10 different substances found,” tweeted journalist Luis Carlos Velez on Saturday afternoon, citing Fiscalia Colombia, the national attorney general’s office.

A police officer said a “cocaine looking powder” was seen in the hotel room, claims Velez, while national newspaper El Tiempo reported that authorities “found hallucinogenic drugs” but “no signs of violence in the luxury hotel room.”

“Colombian authorities found: an empty beer can, an opened bottle of vodka, a Coca-Cola bottle, and some ‘other articles’ being analyzed by authorities,” Velez reported.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 27, 2022 07:41

Foo Fighters - Sunday Rain (Taylor sings) - live

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 27, 2022 08:48

The Sicilian
There were multiple drugs found in the room where Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins died, according to a report out of Colombia which cited official sources.

“Colombian authorities found: marijuana, antidepressants, opioids, heroin. At least 10 different substances found,” tweeted journalist Luis Carlos Velez on Saturday afternoon, citing Fiscalia Colombia, the national attorney general’s office.

A police officer said a “cocaine looking powder” was seen in the hotel room, claims Velez, while national newspaper El Tiempo reported that authorities “found hallucinogenic drugs” but “no signs of violence in the luxury hotel room.”

“Colombian authorities found: an empty beer can, an opened bottle of vodka, a Coca-Cola bottle, and some ‘other articles’ being analyzed by authorities,” Velez reported.

The official statement didn't mention heroin, or cocaine, or hallucinogens.

See, for example, billboard.com

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 27, 2022 14:48

KingmanBarstow
I heard Taylor and Grohl being interviewed on Howard Stern last month. They were brothers in arms for sure. So sad that his life has ended at the age of only 50 and at a pinnacle in a career. R.I.P. Taylor, many thanks for the music.

Got to be extremely tough for Grohl to lose another close bandmate.
From a drummer who lost his front man to a front man who lost his drummer both in hugely popular bands.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 27, 2022 15:22

A lengthy 2021 RS interview [www.rollingstone.com]

Some troubling comments but he did look healthy, so tragic...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 27, 2022 20:23

Big Al
crholmstrom

Dave Clark never sang.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: March 28, 2022 00:59

This is so tragic. Foos are my wife’s favorite band. Seen them many times. Holding tix for show this summer.

I imagine Dave is completely devastated. I could even see him ending the band.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1940
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home