Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: What happened to regular paper tickets?
Posted by: mmarloe ()
Date: March 25, 2022 22:22

Lucky dippers will probably get "real" tickets.

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 25, 2022 22:24

DeanGoodman
ronniewoody91
Ah, darn, seeing those for Vienna (oeticket) almost makes me wish I had paid the 20€ extra for shipping, well, almost...cause the PDF ticket doesn't look that nice...well, what matters most is that it's a Diamond Pit ticket smiling smiley

You can pick up Vienna paper tickets at designated outlets. I believe this was the only venue offering this free (!) option.

So I just would go to some Oeticket shop with my PDF ticket and they'll give me a printed version? :O

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 25, 2022 22:25

DeanGoodman

Not sure it's a good idea to post your barcode.

These are just Ticket-samples (directly from Eventim) - with sample-data and invalid barcode.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 25, 2022 23:18

Irix
DeanGoodman

Not sure it's a good idea to post your barcode.

These are just Ticket-samples (directly from Eventim) - with sample-data and invalid barcode.

Ahh. Excellent.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 25, 2022 23:24

ronniewoody91
DeanGoodman
ronniewoody91
Ah, darn, seeing those for Vienna (oeticket) almost makes me wish I had paid the 20€ extra for shipping, well, almost...cause the PDF ticket doesn't look that nice...well, what matters most is that it's a Diamond Pit ticket smiling smiley

You can pick up Vienna paper tickets at designated outlets. I believe this was the only venue offering this free (!) option.

So I just would go to some Oeticket shop with my PDF ticket and they'll give me a printed version? :O

Worth a shot. Either that or, "I've lost my printout, don't have a printer, and will you give me a hard ticket?"

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 25, 2022 23:25

AshtrayGirl
I'm a huge fan of normal, traditional paper tickets. I do collect mine. It's such a unique souvenir! Now I'm really concerned about Hyde Park tickets. I made the greatest mistake and I bought them from Ticketmaster UK which I personally consider the worst ticket vendor on earth because they never send tix right after the purchase. I couldn't get Diamond Pit on axs so TM UK was the only option. I'm investigating Twitter at the moment and people have massive issues with accessing their mobile tickets. They are advised to go to the box office. What a joke. Especially when you arrive early to get some decent spot.

I thought BST said the mobile app tickets will be available later?

I used TM UK too and when I go to my order, it says:

"This is not your ticket.
We will email you when your tickets are ready, along with the details of how to access them."

Also, I did a quick search on Twitter and it looks like BST is saying the app itself will be launched in due course.

I don't think AXS buyers have their tickets yet, either. The BST homepage says:

"All tickets will delivered via Mobile ID (tickets in the festival app)
All customers must download the BST app and log into their AXS/Ticketmaster account to access their tickets".

[www.bst-hydepark.com]

You'll be fine.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 23:38 by Topi.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 26, 2022 00:06

mmarloe
Lucky dippers will probably get "real" tickets.

True. And a wristband, if it’s like 2021 LD’s.

Date: March 26, 2022 00:13

Not that anyone's going to actually check the LD wristband (all they will care about is your ticket), but hey, another piece of memorabilia to take home! winking smiley

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 26, 2022 00:16

Topi
Not that anyone's going to actually check the LD wristband (all they will care about is your ticket), but hey, another piece of memorabilia to take home! winking smiley

Yep. Still have my unused wristbands. They are decently cool.

Posted by: AshtrayGirl ()
Date: March 26, 2022 00:31

Topi
AshtrayGirl
I'm a huge fan of normal, traditional paper tickets. I do collect mine. It's such a unique souvenir! Now I'm really concerned about Hyde Park tickets. I made the greatest mistake and I bought them from Ticketmaster UK which I personally consider the worst ticket vendor on earth because they never send tix right after the purchase. I couldn't get Diamond Pit on axs so TM UK was the only option. I'm investigating Twitter at the moment and people have massive issues with accessing their mobile tickets. They are advised to go to the box office. What a joke. Especially when you arrive early to get some decent spot.

We will email you when your tickets are ready, along with the details of how to access them."

Also, I did a quick search on Twitter and it looks like BST is saying the app itself will be launched in due course.

All customers must download the BST app and log into their AXS/Ticketmaster account to access their tickets".

[www.bst-hydepark.com]

You'll be fine.

Hi Topi, yes, I know the BST app will be launched later but just checking what's going on with the mobile tickets in general. If you look at some posts on Twitter regarding gigs at o2 arena for instance, there are some issues with obviously Ticketmaster. O2 arena in London has a dedicated app to gain access to the venue with Mobile tickets.

I'm just anxious in advance as always, sorry. It's always better to be aware of certain scenarios. Hope all will be fine. Tickets are very expensive and we deserve defect free service.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: March 26, 2022 00:50

I’ve been to two gigs recently at Newcastle City Hall that were both mobile entry. I went to the box office inside after entering the venue with my mobile and they kindly printed me physical tickets. Hoping there’s a box office at the BST London gigs where they can hopefully do the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 00:51 by Matt1984.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 26, 2022 00:55

ronniewoody91
Do people in the Pit all get wristbands or just those who bought LDs? I remember in Stuttgart awfully many people were wearing wristbands and we thought at first it was some other merch item you could buy at the merch stands lol

You get a weistband upon entry for the Pit, specific to either Pit A or B. No mingling!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 26, 2022 02:14

Elmo Lewis
Gone the way of the 8-track.

The 1981 tour tickets were really cool.
The best tickets I've seen are from 1982 in Germany: the shape of the tongue (still got some unused...)

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 26, 2022 03:14

My take is the driver for paperless tickets is the individual venues. This happened last December before Genesis:

I walked up to the ticket counter, asked the dude what tickets were available, and he showed me - normal stuff. Real polite, cool, calm, collected.

I decided which ticket, he entered my payment information, and asked me for my telephone number. I gave it to him, and he worked on the ticket some more, then right out said "I just emailed you a link to get your ticket" I sed: "I don't have a cell phone" and this kat imploded.

It was all I could do to keep a straight face and not laugh since I wanted a seat. He said: "ok, I'll just have to print out a ticket" and acted like I just cut down a tree to get a paper ticket.

Thanks for starting a thread on this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 11:10 by shattered.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 26, 2022 09:44

AshtrayGirl
Topi
AshtrayGirl

[www.bst-hydepark.com]

You'll be fine.

Hi Topi, yes, I know the BST app will be launched later but just checking what's going on with the mobile tickets in general. If you look at some posts on Twitter regarding gigs at o2 arena for instance, there are some issues with obviously Ticketmaster. O2 arena in London has a dedicated app to gain access to the venue with Mobile tickets.

I'm just anxious in advance as always, sorry. It's always better to be aware of certain scenarios. Hope all will be fine. Tickets are very expensive and we deserve defect free service.

Ticketmaster UK have a long record of only sending out tickets at the very last minute, leaving you pacing the hall waiting for the postman - and now it seems they are going to make us wait again until this stupid app is released. Why is it impossible to send out tickets when you've bought them, like other countries do?

Posted by: AshtrayGirl ()
Date: March 26, 2022 10:46

Just wondering why Ticketmaster UK operates on separate rules than any other Ticketmaster. I have my tix for Amsterdam and Stockholm on my email all good.
I'm seeing a concert at o2 arena in 2weeks. I bought my ticket from axs, downloaded the O2 app and my ticket is there waiting for scanning. All good. My friend bought hers from Ticketmaster and no tickets on the app yet.
Time will show what future holds for BST.

Date: March 26, 2022 12:46

It's not TM UK calling the shots here, it's BST Hyde Park. They decide the method of ticketing. TM UK (and AXS) just sells the tickets on the festival's behalf.

One reason for the delay in actually issuing the tickets might be anti-scalping.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 12:52 by Topi.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 26, 2022 19:49

I guess mobile phone ticketing also cuts down on counterfeit tickets...
PDF tickets are easily susceptible to fraud

Date: March 26, 2022 21:01

schillid
I guess mobile phone ticketing also cuts down on counterfeit tickets...
PDF tickets are easily susceptible to fraud

Exactly right.

Date: March 26, 2022 21:04

SomeTorontoGirl
ronniewoody91
Do people in the Pit all get wristbands or just those who bought LDs? I remember in Stuttgart awfully many people were wearing wristbands and we thought at first it was some other merch item you could buy at the merch stands lol

You get a weistband upon entry for the Pit, specific to either Pit A or B. No mingling!

At most venues, you also get another wristband giving you access to the floor / golden circle. If you go back into the concourse for food/merch/toilet/exit the floor for any other reason, the floor wristband allows you to come back. Usually the floor wristband is just a plain, paper band with nothing on it.

I have done Lucky Dips more than a dozen times by now and the only time I ever actually got a Lucky Dip wristband was in Dublin 2018. It was useless, nobody wanted to check it.

I guess technically it could be used to double-check whether a patron with a ticket that says "Lucky Dip" (if the ticket even says so!) also wears a corresponding wristband - so as to make sure the Lucky Dip ticket hasn't been resold/transferred after it was picked up.

But honestly, the venue will not have time for that. They need to process as many people as they can in the shortest time they can. Tens of thousands of people to deal with at security/ticket scan. I bet the college kid scanning your ticket will never even know what Lucky Dips are.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 21:15 by Topi.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 26, 2022 22:50

loog droog
Could you capture the image of the "ticket" on your phone and print it out as a souvenir?

that's what I did for Nashville.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 27, 2022 00:39

I always buy my old school hardcopy tickets from my local ticket office and put the ticket in my A4 folder with the A4 promo poster they always give me plus any larger posters I like, I'm not into all this fancy stuff downloading apps onto a cellphone

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: March 27, 2022 03:09

If you want a hardcopy ticket instead of paperless go to your ticket office and say you don't have a cellphone or the cellphone you have won't download the app and they will give you a hardcopy over the counter plus it's cheaper with less fees and an instant refund if the concert gets cancelled.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: March 27, 2022 09:40

colonial
I always buy my old school hardcopy tickets from my local ticket office and put the ticket in my A4 folder with the A4 promo poster they always give me plus any larger posters I like, I'm not into all this fancy stuff downloading apps onto a cellphone

The whole point of this thread is you can't do that anymore with most events. For example in Sweden, there are no Ticketmaster offices anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-27 09:41 by Topi.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 27, 2022 10:01

The lack of physical tickets make the tour Lithographs a godsend!

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 27, 2022 11:03

Topi
colonial

The whole point of this thread is you can't do that anymore with most events. For example in Sweden, there are no Ticketmaster offices anymore.

Exactly.
I mailed Ticketmaster.se if it was possible to swap my e-tickets to physical tickets (already knowing the answer, but you never know). Answer was as expected ('only e-tickets available for this event').

Date: March 27, 2022 19:23

jackflash27
Topi
colonial

Exactly.
I mailed Ticketmaster.se if it was possible to swap my e-tickets to physical tickets (already knowing the answer, but you never know). Answer was as expected ('only e-tickets available for this event').

Could you go through another countries ticket office that still have hardcopy tickets?

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: March 27, 2022 19:27

colonial
jackflash27
Topi
colonial

Exactly.

Could you go through another countries ticket office that still have hardcopy tickets?

No, it doesn't work that way. No other Ticketmaster subsidiary than Ticketmaster Sweden sells tickets to the Stockholm show.

Besides, out of all the Ticketmaster subsidiaries selling tickets to this tour, I think only Ticketmaster France had the option of hard tickets (outlet pickup or mailed tickets). Ticketmaster Belgium and Ticketmaster Netherlands did not, they only offer e-tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-27 19:31 by Topi.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 27, 2022 19:45

I guess I'm old but I always thought paper money and paper tickets felt safer. Easier to handle. But this is basically gone in Sweden now. Everything is digitized. You can't even park your car without an app. You can't shop in a store, pay your bills or anything without apps. The younger generation haven't even seen bills and coins. If you gave them one they wouldn't know what to do with it...

Date: March 27, 2022 20:20

And even gin&tonic has gone out of style! winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home