Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
What happened to regular paper tickets?
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 25, 2022 18:35

I always like to buy a paper ticket send by regular mail. After the concert I put them in an album and like the looks of it.
For the upcoming tour I noticed for the first time there was no option to buy a regular paper ticket (at least not at Ticketmaster Sweden). I saw event in Germany does still sell the paper ticket by the way.
No biggie, and probably the younger people don't care about it. A ticket is a ticket, right?
Anyone missing the look and feel of the paper tickets as well, or is it just me complaining about this non issue winking smiley

Re: What happened to regular paper tickets?
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 25, 2022 18:38

jackflash27
I always like to buy a paper ticket send by regular mail. After the concert I put them in an album and like the looks of it.
For the upcoming tour I noticed for the first time there was no option to buy a regular paper ticket (at least not at Ticketmaster Sweden). I saw event in Germany does still sell the paper ticket by the way.
No biggie, and probably the younger people don't care about it. A ticket is a ticket, right?
Anyone missing the look and feel of the paper tickets as well, or is it just me complaining about this non issue winking smiley

I agree. Love my old souvenir paper tickets!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 25, 2022 18:46

Old fogeys like me are being forced into a world I'm not fond of. I have a cellphone, not a Smart Phone/IPhone, whatever. Businesses are demanding you do so much virtually now that it makes me angry. Coupons are virtual. Tickets to events. I like the paper souvenirs too. Think how many wasted photos and videos are on phones. They'll never look at them again. Now get off my lawn!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 25, 2022 19:04

I think COVID happened. Was so disappointed to not have the ability to get a paper ticket for Nashville last year. Only one of my 13 that I don't have. It looks like many peeps have gotten paper ones though, based on pix posted online.....

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 25, 2022 19:07

Yes, Germany still offers hard tickets! Do other Eventim subsidiaries do it as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 19:08 by Topi.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: March 25, 2022 19:11

Here in Switzerland we have hard tickets too.

sjouke

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: March 25, 2022 19:13

It seems the industry had been phasing out paper tickets prior to Covid and when it hit 2 years ago, they shifted to generally having no paper tickets available. Within a couple months the fear of covid being passed by touch subsided but they never went back to making paper tickets available again, in most cases.

Date: March 25, 2022 19:17

BST Hyde Park not only has mobile tickets, the QR code on them will change every 60 seconds.

Of course, part of it is fighting the resale market. A ticket in an app with a changing QR code is pretty hard to fake/resell.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 25, 2022 19:17

I think if you tell them that you don't have E-MAIL and will pay the service charge for paper tickets . They still have them , all it is an extra service charge that Ticketmaster loves to force on the consumer .

Date: March 25, 2022 19:21

TheGreek
I think if you tell them that you don't have E-MAIL and will pay the service charge for paper tickets . They still have them , all it is an extra service charge that Ticketmaster loves to force on the consumer .

Remember that not all vendors on this tour are Ticketmaster.

Also, you really cannot make an online ticket order without an e-mail address. Hell, you cannot post on IORR without one! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 19:22 by Topi.

Date: March 25, 2022 19:31

Also, in Sweden, it would appear Ticketmaster closed all their physical ticket outlets!

[www.ticketmaster.se]

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 25, 2022 19:44

Could you capture the image of the "ticket" on your phone and print it out as a souvenir?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 25, 2022 19:57

VoodooLounge13
I think COVID happened. Was so disappointed to not have the ability to get a paper ticket for Nashville last year. Only one of my 13 that I don't have. It looks like many peeps have gotten paper ones though, based on pix posted online.....

It has nothing to do with Covid. They were already moving in this direction.

A ticket is not a piece of property but a revokable license.

This gives the primary markets and venues more control over the tickets and let's them know exactly who is entering the venues and where they are.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 25, 2022 19:58

What happened? They turned into a "fan item" ticketmaster or whoever can squeeze some more money out of

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 25, 2022 20:01

I used to enjoy saving the ticket stubs from show I saw. I kept them in plastic sleeves in a binder.
When they began e-mailing tickets, I printed the PDF tickets in color and saved them in the same binder.
Now it's just screenshots in a folder on a phone.

Date: March 25, 2022 20:05

It is true that paper tickets are beautiful because you can keep them as a souvenir
BUT when they charge you an extra 30 euros to mail them to your house (like the case in Munich)... I think I end up preferring the e-tickets

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 25, 2022 20:25

We got paper tickets for Munich, Gelsenkirchen and Bern. For Vienna I chose to buy a ticket that was sent to me as PDF because I didn't wanna pay 20€ extra for mail delivery...and I could still print it for my ticket collection...Hyde Park only offering that dumb app is really bugging me tho...I've only ever bought tickets on Eventim since 2010 when I went to my very first real concert, so I still got all of these tickets as memorabilia...not having that Hyde Park ticket tho really sucks :/

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 25, 2022 20:26

We just can’t have nice things anymore.

These were great, though. Little hologram on the tongue… You’d think the 60th would deserve a nice souvenir ticket… sigh.

Date: March 25, 2022 20:30

SomeTorontoGirl

These were great, though. Little hologram on the tongue… You’d think the 60th would deserve a nice souvenir ticket… sigh.

Omg this looks amazing!!! I mean, I like the logo they designed for the 60th but it still would be nice if they had printed a pic of the guys on them instead hahah smiling smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 25, 2022 20:35

Gone the way of the 8-track.

The 1981 tour tickets were really cool.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 25, 2022 20:38

Germany 2022 Ticket (sample eventim)

[www.eventim.de]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 25, 2022 20:49

SomeTorontoGirl

Oh no that would cost money to produce .

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 25, 2022 21:00

Topi

Yes, Germany still offers hard tickets! Do other Eventim subsidiaries do it as well?

Yes - [www.oeticket.com] , [www.ticketcorner.ch] , [www.ticketone.it] , [www.entradas.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 21:05 by Irix.

Date: March 25, 2022 21:44

Date: March 25, 2022 21:49

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 25, 2022 22:00

Irix
Topi

Yes - [www.oeticket.com] , [www.ticketcorner.ch] , [www.ticketone.it] .

Oh man, those are nice. Unfortunately 'my' concert in Stockholm only has dumb e-tickets. I still have my Warsaw show hard copy ticket from 2018 hanging on the wall in my bedroom. Brings back great memories. Can't imagine that a printed e-ticket gives me the same nostalgic 'vibe'.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 25, 2022 22:10

^ Not sure it's a good idea to post your barcode. There are probably multiple copies of your ticket being printed off right now.

Date: March 25, 2022 22:15

Ah, darn, seeing those for Vienna (oeticket) almost makes me wish I had paid the 20€ extra for shipping, well, almost...cause the PDF ticket doesn't look that nice...well, what matters most is that it's a Diamond Pit ticket smiling smiley

Posted by: AshtrayGirl ()
Date: March 25, 2022 22:18

I'm a huge fan of normal, traditional paper tickets. I do collect mine. It's such a unique souvenir! Now I'm really concerned about Hyde Park tickets. I made the greatest mistake and I bought them from Ticketmaster UK which I personally consider the worst ticket vendor on earth because they never send tix right after the purchase. I couldn't get Diamond Pit on axs so TM UK was the only option. I'm investigating Twitter at the moment and people have massive issues with accessing their mobile tickets. They are advised to go to the box office. What a joke. Especially when you arrive early to get some decent spot.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 25, 2022 22:21

ronniewoody91
Ah, darn, seeing those for Vienna (oeticket) almost makes me wish I had paid the 20€ extra for shipping, well, almost...cause the PDF ticket doesn't look that nice...well, what matters most is that it's a Diamond Pit ticket smiling smiley

You can pick up Vienna paper tickets at designated outlets. I believe this was the only venue offering this free (!) option.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home