Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie Wood at the Roundhouse Gala 2022
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 24, 2022 02:19

Thanks, Matt!

Snippet of Johnny B. Goode: [www.instagram.com]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Re: Ronnie Wood at the Roundhouse Gala 2022
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 24, 2022 02:24

smileys with beer

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 24, 2022 04:01

You can have a front row seat here:

Breathless - Ronnie Wood & Andrea Corr

Date: March 24, 2022 07:25

smileys with beer

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: March 24, 2022 08:24

Ooh la la
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: March 24, 2022 09:23

I'd love the other band to let Ronnie do Ooh la la at this summer's shows.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 24, 2022 09:56

Papo
I'd love the other band to let Ronnie do Ooh la la at this summer's shows.

so would i

or at least sure the one you need with keith

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 24, 2022 10:21

It's kinda funny to me that Ronnie has this bunch of musicians he can play gigs with outside of the Stones and Keith has the Winos..and then there is Mick whose live solo efforts always came across as kinda ridiculous to me...it's just amusing that the Stone who wanted to break away from the band the most, in the end is the one who is most dependent on them...I think if they had decided to stop playing together after Charlie passed away last year, that Keith could easily play small clubs with the Winos and Ronnie with his band as well...but Mick...idk...he needs the Stones because this is the only format I actually see him thriving in

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: March 24, 2022 11:33

ronniewoody91
It's kinda funny to me that Ronnie has this bunch of musicians he can play gigs with outside of the Stones and Keith has the Winos..and then there is Mick whose live solo efforts always came across as kinda ridiculous to me...it's just amusing that the Stone who wanted to break away from the band the most, in the end is the one who is most dependent on them...I think if they had decided to stop playing together after Charlie passed away last year, that Keith could easily play small clubs with the Winos and Ronnie with his band as well...but Mick...idk...he needs the Stones because this is the only format I actually see him thriving in

A good, and very well-put point!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 24, 2022 11:40

ronniewoody91

right. It must have been a very bitter experience for Jagger to find out that he depends on the Stones so much and that all his attempts to go solo failed

Date: March 24, 2022 12:05

slewan
ronniewoody91

right. It must have been a very bitter experience for Jagger to find out that he depends on the Stones so much and that all his attempts to go solo failed

He'd only feel that IF he indeed considered to quit the Stones and pursue a solo career instead. I'm not so sure he did.

Date: March 24, 2022 12:06

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 24, 2022 12:11

The difference is that Keith and Ron are musicians, they play instruments. They can fit in any configuration. Jagger is a lead singer, and a big time celebrity and star - that is another ball game.

Date: March 24, 2022 12:27

Ronnie looks like he's in excellent shape for the tour thumbs up

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 24, 2022 12:39

ronniewoody91

Some good points in there. Or in other words, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Much greater in their case. Always was with the Stones. Keith and Ronnie could certainly fill clubs and small arenas with their non Stones projects but big stadia? I think not. To maximise appeal, they all need each other.

Date: March 24, 2022 12:49

grzegorz67
ronniewoody91

Some good points in there. Or in other words, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Much greater in their case. Always was with the Stones. Keith and Ronnie could certainly fill clubs and small arenas with their non Stones projects but big stadia? I think not. To maximise appeal, they all need each other.

Yeah this is accurate, also Ronnie wrote so himself in his book, that they all can do good stuff on their own, but only be really great together and I guees this is the appeal of the Stones...I love some of Keith's and Mick's and Ronnie's solo songs...but it just hits differently with the Stones idk

Also yeah, I don't think at this point Mick is honestly considering any solo touring outside of the Stones...if the Stones ended for some reason, I'd rather see him producing movies or writing stuff with other artists or so, but I don't really see him touring as compared to Ronnie or Keith who'd look great in small clubs...Mick needs the big stage and only the Stones can give it to him (altho I definitely would LOVE some Stones club gigs) but Mick alone at some club...nah...

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: March 24, 2022 13:17

Outside of the Stones, Mick just seems to be more of a songwriter than a touring artist. I think it's a bit blunt to state that Ronnie and Keith are succesful solo and all Mick's attempts fail. I can't believe that's stil the narrative among Stones fans since 1985.

For example: Wandering Spirit alone sold more copy's worldwide than all of Ronnie's solo attempts combined. Same goes for She's the Boss versus Keith's discography. So what's the definition of succes?

Mick also colaborates with other artists now and then. Not any less than Keith & Ronnie I think. Dave Grohl, Arcade Fire, Superheavy, Joss Stone, Dave Stewart, Sheryl Crow, Will.i.am, Bono & Fergie and in the past of course with David Bowie, Peter Tosh and the Jacksons.

I think it's better to say that the Stones are the only format Mick thrives in when it comes to performing live. When Micks sings with the Stones you're expecting those funny moves and weird facial expressions (his infamous Jagger moves) but when he jumps on stage with another artist it gives a certain vicarious shame (to me at least). But as a recording artist, I think he is more successful than all the other stones combined.

But still, If Mick, Keith & Ronnie would announce a solo gig in my home country The Netherlands, I have no doubt that the Jagger concert sells out pretty fast, that Keith has a hard time selling all the tickets and that Ronnie would play for a half-filled room.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-24 13:24 by ribbelchips.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 24, 2022 13:20

grzegorz67
ronniewoody91

what a @#$%& post. As if he couldn't put together a band that could tour?...or that his one off performances at times haven't been brilliant?...Foo Fighters on SNL....wasn't that epic that he out performed a band that was like 30 years younger and 20x louder than him and yet he smoked that performance...or his collabs with others....what a tired old narrative.

just stick Mick anywhere....and that performance is almost certainly better...are the others even that versatile?....not to disrespect their talents either because all of them are incredible musicians...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-24 13:23 by Rip This.

Date: March 24, 2022 13:22

ribbelchips
Outside of the Stones, Mick just seems to be more of a songwriter than a touring artist. I think it's a bit blunt to state that Ronnie and Keith are succesful solo and all Mick's attempts fail. I can't believe that's stil the narrative among Stones fans since 1985.

For example: Wandering Spirit alone sold more copy's worldwide than all of Ronnie's solo attempts combined. Same goes for She's the Boss versus Keith's discography. So what's the definition of succes?

Mick also colaborates with other artists now and then. Not any less than Keith & Ronnie I think. Dave Grohl, Arcade Fire, Superheavy, Joss Stone, Dave Stewart, Sheryl Crow, Will.i.am, Bono & Fergie and in the past of course with David Bowie, Peter Tosh and the Jacksons.

I think it's better to say that the Stones are the only format Mick thrives in when it comes to performing live. When Micks sings with the Stones you're expecting those funny moves and weird facial expressions (his infamous Jagger moves) but when he jumps on stage with another artist it gives a certain vicarious shame (to me at least). But as a recording artist, I think he is more successful than all the other stones combined.

Yes, I'm 100% with you, that's why in my original post I said "Mick's LIVE solo efforts..."...I love Primitive Cool so so much, but I just don't think that he is any good on a stage when it's not with the Stones...Keith was completely right when writing in his book about Mick and his "Keef look-alike guitar players" lol

Date: March 24, 2022 13:28

Rip This
grzegorz67
ronniewoody91

what a @#$%& post. As if he couldn't put together a band that could tour?...or that his one off performances at times haven't been brilliant?...Foo Fighters on SNL....wasn't that epic that he out performed a band that was like 30 years younger and 20x louder than him and yet he smoked that performance...or his collabs with others....what a tired old narrative.

just stick Mick anywhere....and that performance is almost certainly better...are the others even that versatile?....not to disrespect their talents either because all of them are incredible musicians...

Mick undoubtedly is the greatest frontman in history and I didn't mean that if he performs by himself he doesn't put on a great performance, he always does cause he always wants to give his best...it just seems really off to me when he isn't with the Stones, something just doesn't feel right and it doesn't come across as great as when it's with the Stones

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: March 24, 2022 13:37

Keith & Ronnie can play guitar with anyone and just blend in with the band. Mick really needs to act like Mick Jagger. The whole package. He's not the best singer, so he needs to compensate, i think. You can't put him on a chair of behind a microphone stand and let him just sing a song. He needs to move, he needs to be Mick...

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 24, 2022 18:46

Johnny B. Goode

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 24, 2022 19:04

ronniewoody91
If the Stones would quit Mick would just continue to play the warhorses on his own. That's basically what he did during his solo time in the 80s.

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: March 24, 2022 19:13

Nice to see Ronnie looking healthier than in the past.
Less gaunt and fuller in the face.
Hope his health issues are now behind him.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 24, 2022 19:21

Barkerboy2
ronniewoody91

A good, and very well-put point!

thumbs up

rbp
Nice to see Ronnie looking healthier than in the past.
Less gaunt and fuller in the face.
Hope his health issues are now behind him.

Yes he's looking good...happy and healthy thumbs up

Date: March 24, 2022 20:14

mattleeuk
Johnny B. Goode

Thank you, Matt!

Date: March 24, 2022 20:58

smileys with beer

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: March 24, 2022 22:48

Looks healthier!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 24, 2022 23:28

Cristiano Radtke
mattleeuk
Johnny B. Goode

Thank you, Matt!

yes thanks matt

we fans are lucky to have yasmiling smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 25, 2022 01:02

Thanks so much for everyone who has posted on here, and Ronnie is really looking good, and I reckon he is getting really warmed up for getting on the road again.thumbs up

Thanks for the videos, and hope no one gets uptight for me posting them all on the one post, as so easy for me to see them together like this. smileys with beer

Big thanks to Matt, and I'm sure 'Hot Stuff' is gonna be selling well on Amazon, when even more Stones Fans will hear about this book when the Tour gets going on June 1st in Madrid............................ if they haven't already heard about it. smileys with beer

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1534
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home