Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: OT: Aerosmith stuff
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 28, 2023 16:19

Imitators right to the very end.......

Date: April 28, 2023 16:21

kovach
They're pulling a trick from the Stones playbook, Aerosmith symbols are popping up at stadiums around the country.

So far Boston, Denver, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, San Francisco, Seattle, KC. Might be others, not really keeping up with the latest.

Are they big enough to fill stadiums?

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: April 28, 2023 16:32

...Detroit.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 28, 2023 16:55

[twitter.com]

--

Besides Boston's TD Garden above, that Twitter thread includes images from other arenas.

Date: April 28, 2023 19:03

DandelionPowderman
kovach
They're pulling a trick from the Stones playbook, Aerosmith symbols are popping up at stadiums around the country.

So far Boston, Denver, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, San Francisco, Seattle, KC. Might be others, not really keeping up with the latest.

Definitely not. Have they ever done a stadium tour? Both times I saw them was at an open air amphitheater.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 28, 2023 20:20

VoodooLounge13
DandelionPowderman
kovach

Definitely not. Have they ever done a stadium tour? Both times I saw them was at an open air amphitheater.

I think these signs are popping up at arenas, not stadiums. Nothing yet about any Vancouver show though, just checked Rogers Arena twitter.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 29, 2023 17:03

Cincinnati, Knoxville, Louisville, Philadelphia, Tampa.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-29 20:08 by kovach.

Date: April 29, 2023 21:31

Scotiabank Arena in Toronto posted on their twitter yesterday.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: April 30, 2023 00:55

DGA35
VoodooLounge13
DandelionPowderman
kovach

I think these signs are popping up at arenas, not stadiums. Nothing yet about any Vancouver show though, just checked Rogers Arena twitter.

hopefully Vancouver squeaks one in.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 30, 2023 00:58

Just saw a sign in St. Louis.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 30, 2023 01:50

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

--

Besides Boston's TD Garden above, that Twitter thread includes images from other arenas.

Hopefully the "Peace Out" means they are going to retire after this tour. Another once-great band that has continued on for far too long.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 30, 2023 04:09

BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
VoodooLounge13
DandelionPowderman
kovach

Is it just me or am I noticing more bands coming as far as Seattle and no further this summer?

Date: April 30, 2023 05:21

Paddy
BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
VoodooLounge13
DandelionPowderman
kovach

Is it just me or am I noticing more bands coming as far as Seattle and no further this summer?

I don't think any more than usual? Some bands do the summer amphitheatre circuit so they bypass Van but hopefully with the new 10000 seat amphitheatre being built at the PNE we'll get a lot of those tours, too.
I'm hoping Aerosmith announce a Vancouver show since they recorded quite a few later albums in town.

Date: May 1, 2023 04:56

DGA35
Paddy
BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
VoodooLounge13
DandelionPowderman
kovach

I don't think any more than usual? Some bands do the summer amphitheatre circuit so they bypass Van but hopefully with the new 10000 seat amphitheatre being built at the PNE we'll get a lot of those tours, too.
I'm hoping Aerosmith announce a Vancouver show since they recorded quite a few later albums in town.

Yeah I wasn’t sure if it’s just the norm or my perception since Covid & Border reopening. I get some of my gig notifications from Songkick, and in the last 18 months or so there’s been 10-15 acts get to Seattle and not come up to Van.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 1, 2023 16:16

I wonder if Joey Kramer is going to do the tour.

Date: May 1, 2023 16:29

[www.aerosmith.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-02 20:13 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: May 1, 2023 16:41

crholmstrom

He will not.

Date: May 1, 2023 17:40

Kinda stinks doing a farewell tour without one of the members of the band. I know Joey's been having issues the last couple of years though.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 1, 2023 17:46

January 10! Nashville!

Posted by: Mirko ()
Date: May 1, 2023 17:58

No European dater after they had cancelled the dates from the last years. What a joke!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-01 18:17 by Mirko.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 1, 2023 18:15

Two days off between every show.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 1, 2023 18:27

Luv they got the Crowes to warmup for them.
Pretty ambitious tour.
Lets see which band implodes first?
No way this tour makes it till the end.

Date: May 1, 2023 20:14

No Vancouver show (yet). Looking at the tour dates, I honestly don't think Aerosmith's final show ever will be in Montreal, of all places. They'll probably stretch it out with more dates next year with a final show perhaps at Fenway Park?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 1, 2023 20:38

DGA35
No Vancouver show (yet). Looking at the tour dates, I honestly don't think Aerosmith's final show ever will be in Montreal, of all places. They'll probably stretch it out with more dates next year with a final show perhaps at Fenway Park?

Like just about every other farewell tour now ... there won't be an actual farewell show.

And the tour won't be over Jan 28th unless they don't plan on rescheduling any missed shows along the way.

Black Crowes - more time to find a bargain in the parking lot but looks like Aerosmith is planning on using some of their drawing power.

OT: Aerosmith stuff
Date: May 1, 2023 21:03

Aerosmith announces farewell tour starting in September

By Jonathan Landrum Jr.
May 1, 2023

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Aerosmith will be touring a city near you for the last time to celebrate the rock band’s 50-plus years together.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame band announced Monday the dates for their farewell tour called “Peace Out” starting Sept. 2 in Philadelphia. The 40-date run of shows, which includes a stop in the band’s hometown of Boston on New Year’s Eve, will end Jan. 26 in Montreal.

“I think it’s about time,” guitarist Joe Perry said in an interview with The Associated Press.

Perry said the group, with frontman Steven Tyler, bassist Tom Hamilton, drummer Joey Kramer and guitarist Brad Whitford, learned from the staging and production from their recent Las Vegas residency shows.

Perry believes the time to say goodbye is now, especially with every founding band member over the age of 70. Tyler, 75, is the oldest in the group.

“It’s kind of a chance to celebrate the 50 years we’ve been out here,” Perry said. “You never know how much longer everybody’s going to be healthy to do this. … It’s been a while since we’ve actually done a real tour. We did that run in Vegas, which was great. It was fun, but (we’re) kind of anxious to get back on the road.“

Tyler and Perry said the band is looking forward to digging into their lengthy catalog of the group’s rock classics including “Crazy,” “Janie’s Got a Gun” and “Livin’ on the Edge.”

Over the years, Aerosmith, which formed in 1970, has collected four Grammys. The band broke boundaries intersecting rock and hip-hop with their epic collaboration with Run-DMC for “Walk This Way.”

Aerosmith performed the Super Bowl halftime show in 2001 and even had their own theme park attraction in 1999 at Disney World in Florida and later in Paris with the launch of the “Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith” ride.

“We’re opening up Pandora’s Box one last time to present our fans with the Peace Out tour,” Tyler said in a statement to the AP. His “Pandora’s Box” reference calls out Aerosmith’s 1991 three-disc compilation album that covered the band’s output from the 1970s to the early 1980s.

“Be there or beware as we bring all the toys out of the attic. Get ready,” Tyler added.

The band said Kramer decided to not take part in the current dates on the upcoming tour. He’s still a part of the group, but the drummer has been on leave to “focus his attention on his family and health” since their Vegas residency last year. Drummer John Douglas will continue to play in his place.

Perry called Kramer their brother. The band said his “legendary presence behind the drum kit will be sorely missed.”

Before the 40-date tour wraps, Perry said other cities domestically and internationally could be added.

“It’s the final farewell tour, but I have a feeling it will go on for a while,” he said. “But I don’t know how many times we’ll be coming back to the same cities. It could very possibly be the last time.”

[apnews.com]

Date: May 2, 2023 06:16

DGA35

This is another of those tours I mentioned that hits Seattle and no further.
Is there a chance 2-3 additional Canadian cities are announced after the Montreal date do you think? (wishful thinking….)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 2, 2023 07:35

crholmstrom

He's not.

Date: May 2, 2023 07:37

Mirko
No European dater after they had cancelled the dates from the last years. What a joke!

That's not true - so far.

Date: May 2, 2023 07:50

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
The Cult recorded Painted On My Heart for GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS (2000).

Aerosmith were the original choice. To my understanding.

I don't know much about The Cult's inspiration of doing this tune other than Nicolas Cage being a huge Cult fan as the reason that happened and they were in the midst of about to or were recording a record for Lava/Atlantic Records (BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL, 2001).

Aerosmith demo

The Cult

Not the proudest moment of any of those bands. However, The Cult's take is far superior, imo.

I read back then that Cage asked for The Cult to do the soundtrack.

Yep.

It did help catapult The Cult back into the public eye in regard to 2001's BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL. I remember hearing Rise (the trailer) in 2001 on the radio in New Orleans and being slammed.

They did the CULT RISING reunion tour in 1999-2000, recorded with The Doors and did Painted On My Heart, and the album in 2001 and toured it in and Lava Records (Atlantic) up and dropped them. Very strange. The record didn't sell well. Atlantic laid some bullshit on them and essentially cancelled them. The Cult were only big record sellers in 1989/90 with SONIC TEMPLE.

I can't recall at the moment but The Cult had an opening slot with Aerosmith years ago and it all got cancelled.

Date: May 2, 2023 07:53

The new Aerosmith video is entertaining.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home