Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: OT: Aerosmith stuff
Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 23, 2023 00:20

With no Stones shows this Fall, I'm hopin' to catch maybe AC/DC, Aerosmith or Maiden in mid-October... planning a trip out West but always love planning it around a gig!

I guess we will see if anybody schedules anything, but if PowerTrip does a second weekend 10-13/14/15 in Indio, I've already booked accomodations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-23 00:20 by TKinOH.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 23, 2023 00:25

Big Al
fzv98d
Walk This Way

I’m not much of an Aerosmith fan, admittedly. I know -,and enjoy,I might add - their hits, but much else is lost on me. From this clip - and those I’ve seen - Joe Perry is still performing to a high standard.

With you on that. There's a time where I may have been into seeing them but that time is firmly in the past.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 23, 2023 05:50

I’m glad I saw them the 2x I did. No desire to see em anymore.

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: April 23, 2023 06:53

The last 5 times I was to see them (Joe Perry included), the shows were cancelled.

Joe Perry, Detroit 2018 - Joe hospitalization
Roxodus festival, 2019 - festival cancelled
Las Vegas, 2019 - Steven lost his voice
Madrid, 2020, postponed to 2021, postponed to 2022, then cancelled
Lisbon, 2020, postponed to 2021, postponed to 2022, then cancelled!

They seem like a fragile unit.
But once on stage, can still rock.
I'd just like to see them once more.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 23, 2023 12:33

Dalgtor
The last 5 times I was to see them (Joe Perry included), the shows were cancelled.

Joe Perry, Detroit 2018 - Joe hospitalization
Roxodus festival, 2019 - festival cancelled
Las Vegas, 2019 - Steven lost his voice
Madrid, 2020, postponed to 2021, postponed to 2022, then cancelled
Lisbon, 2020, postponed to 2021, postponed to 2022, then cancelled!

They seem like a fragile unit.
But once on stage, can still rock.
I'd just like to see them once more.

Similar over last few years had tickets for krakow, Budapest, Manchester, Sheffield - none of them happened (was particularly pissed off with the last, post covid, tour cancellation)
Actually had tickets about 2007(?) for Sheffield arena too with run dmc and that got canned due to an injury
Think they’ll be staying in the bucket list unfortunately

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: April 23, 2023 17:08

I just loaded four more videos from Friday's gig in suburbs of Chicago.

Joe Perry Concert

Posted by: Mirko ()
Date: April 25, 2023 17:49

[www.aerosmith.com]

Now runs the clock. 5 days 23 hours 11 min

Posted by: AshtrayGirl ()
Date: April 25, 2023 18:17

I hope the plan is to announce both EU and US tour. Last Euro tour was obviously cancelled. Would love to catch up.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 25, 2023 18:21

Saw them once in 1997 or 1998. Would like to see them again if they come close to Nashville.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-25 18:21 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: April 25, 2023 21:12

NashvilleBlues
Saw them once in 1997 or 1998. Would like to see them again if they come close to Nashville.

That's around the time I first saw them - on the Nine Lives tour, in Hartford. Then I saw them in 2014 or 2015 in Mansfield, MA. Slash with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators opened, and he came out to play with them on Mama Kin, and Johnny Depp came out to play on one of the encore songs. Was pretty cool.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 25, 2023 21:58

Hopefully I'll get to see them one last time. They've had decent opening acts when I've seen them in the past:
1988 w/Dokken
1990 w/Skid Row
1994 - can't remember who opened
2006 w/ Motley Crue
2010 w/Joan Jett

All in Vancouver. I believe it was the 2010 show that Tom Hamilton wasn't playing because he was either sick or injured.

Date: April 25, 2023 22:05

DGA35
Hopefully I'll get to see them one last time. They've had decent opening acts when I've seen them in the past:
1988 w/Dokken
1990 w/Skid Row
2006 w/ Motley Crue
2010 w/Joan Jett

All in Vancouver. I believe it was the 2010 show that Tom Hamilton wasn't playing because he was either sick or injured.

Wasn't that the tour when someone chucked a bottle at Sebastian Bach and he jumped in the audience and beat the snot outta the person?

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: April 25, 2023 22:29

VoodooLounge13
DGA35
1988 w/Dokken
1990 w/Skid Row
2006 w/ Motley Crue
2010 w/Joan Jett

Wasn't that the tour when someone chucked a bottle at Sebastian Bach and he jumped in the audience and beat the snot outta the person?

Are you talking about the tour when someone chucked a bottle at Sebastian Bach and he threw it back into the audience and hit some poor innocent girl?

Date: April 25, 2023 22:32

VoodooLounge13
DGA35
1988 w/Dokken
1990 w/Skid Row
2006 w/ Motley Crue
2010 w/Joan Jett

Might have been but it didn't happen in Vancouver. Just googled 94 tour and it says that Jackyl opened for them in Van, while Collective Soul opened quite a few.

Date: April 25, 2023 22:52

FrogSugar
VoodooLounge13
DGA35
1988 w/Dokken
1990 w/Skid Row
2006 w/ Motley Crue
2010 w/Joan Jett

Are you talking about the tour when someone chucked a bottle at Sebastian Bach and he threw it back into the audience and hit some poor innocent girl?

Oh that could be - I didn't remember him chucking it back. I thought he jumped in the crowd after the thrower.

Date: April 25, 2023 23:06

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 26, 2023 01:08

DGA35
1988 w/Dokken
1990 w/Skid Row
2006 w/ Motley Crue
2010 w/Joan Jett

They had Chris Cornell open for them the only time Ive caught them 2007.
I’d definitely go see them if they come through town.

I was listening to this again over the weekend, it’s like being in the room.
video: [m.youtube.com]

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 26, 2023 14:48

Saw them 3 times, opening acts Dokken, Guns & Roses, and The Black Crowes!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 26, 2023 21:11

Saw Aerosmith in 1988 and they were pretty bad to put it mildly.
Guns n Roses were great as the opening act which is the real reason I was there - it really should have been the other way around with Aerosmith opening.
To see and hear the young hot energetic Guns followed by the stale old Aerosmith didn't work at all...never had the desire to ever see them again.

Date: April 26, 2023 22:11

NashvilleBlues

So he did both actually. Man, Skid Row back in the day was great. I remember when Slave to the Grind came out, all the radio stations were saying how much heavier it was than the new Metallica album (the black album). Damn shame they've never been able to bury the hatchet and reunite.

Date: April 27, 2023 00:51

Read on the Hoffman forum that Aerosmith will be announcing their farewell tour on Monday on the Howard Stern show! Hope there's a Vancouver show included.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 27, 2023 04:27

DGA35
Read on the Hoffman forum that Aerosmith will be announcing their farewell tour on Monday on the Howard Stern show! Hope there's a Vancouver show included.

thumbs up

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 27, 2023 17:38

DGA35
1988 w/Dokken
1990 w/Skid Row
2006 w/ Motley Crue
2010 w/Joan Jett

In 1994 you may have had Mr. Big or Extreme

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: April 27, 2023 20:56

Doc
DGA35
1988 w/Dokken
1990 w/Skid Row
2006 w/ Motley Crue
2010 w/Joan Jett

I actually replied to my post several above, it was Jackyl. Would have rather seen Mr. Big or Extreme!

Date: April 27, 2023 20:59

DGA35
Doc
DGA35
1988 w/Dokken
1990 w/Skid Row
2006 w/ Motley Crue
2010 w/Joan Jett

I actually replied to my post several above, it was Jackyl. Would have rather seen Mr. Big or Extreme!

Jackyl! Hilarious! Did they bring the chainsaw onstage for the lumberjack song?

Date: April 27, 2023 21:41

Back in HS, I used to party to Jackyl in the cornfields of my hometown every weekend! Great memories associated with their debut album!!! drinking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 28, 2023 07:03

The Cult recorded Painted On My Heart for GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS (2000).

Aerosmith were the original choice. To my understanding.

I don't know much about The Cult's inspiration of doing this tune other than Nicolas Cage being a huge Cult fan as the reason that happened and they were in the midst of about to or were recording a record for Lava/Atlantic Records (BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL, 2001).

Aerosmith demo

The Cult

Date: April 28, 2023 07:45

Love Beyond Good & Evil!!! Great album.

Date: April 28, 2023 14:39

GasLightStreet
The Cult recorded Painted On My Heart for GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS (2000).

Aerosmith were the original choice. To my understanding.

I don't know much about The Cult's inspiration of doing this tune other than Nicolas Cage being a huge Cult fan as the reason that happened and they were in the midst of about to or were recording a record for Lava/Atlantic Records (BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL, 2001).

Aerosmith demo

The Cult

Not the proudest moment of any of those bands. However, The Cult's take is far superior, imo.

I read back then that Cage asked for The Cult to do the soundtrack.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 28, 2023 14:51

They're pulling a trick from the Stones playbook, Aerosmith symbols are popping up at stadiums around the country.

So far Boston, Denver, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, San Francisco, Seattle, KC. Might be others, not really keeping up with the latest.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1379
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home