Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Running out of Luck movie
Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: March 25, 2022 06:29

I’ve got it on VHS. Showed it to some fan friends a few years back who had never seen it before. They were literally rolling on the floor laughing. Very campy, to say the least.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 25, 2022 06:45

Mick wandering lost in the desert if a screeeeeeeem ....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 19, 2022 17:47

Available on DVD in Germany since last week.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 19, 2022 19:06

Still a bit flat, actually.

Age restricted!!??

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 19, 2022 19:27

Thanks, just ordered it! Love that film!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: September 19, 2022 21:06

There are exceptions, but most of the time, it's probably a good idea if singers stick to singing and actors stick to acting.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 19, 2022 21:17

child-of-the-moon

Is this legit or a boot?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 19, 2022 21:18

Hairball
Speaking of Mick and Rae Dawn Chong..."I can see that you're fifteen years old, no I don't want your I.D...."

Yes, and hence the reason why he's singing Brown Sugar!!! drinking smiley

Posted by: snarf2014 ()
Date: September 20, 2022 01:08

Probably a boot. Read this old article [beta.blickpunktfilm.de] about the label Falcon Neue Medien.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 20, 2022 02:27

snarf2014
Probably a boot. Read this old article [beta.blickpunktfilm.de] about the label Falcon Neue Medien.

I can tell from the cover photo it's a boot. There's no way they'd use that to promote the movie.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: September 20, 2022 12:57

Camp. Yes.

Slightly embarrassing at times. Yes.

But it really does have one of the GREAT film scenes in rock music. There's a scene where a sort of destitute Mick Jagger is trying to prove to a shop keeper that he is who he says he is. (A man of wealth and taste). He's dancing.

And in the background there's a kid imitating him.

Priceless.

In the old days of VHS I would keep my tape of this extended music video (for that is what it really is) set at this scene to show people.

(High praise from me. The only other film scene I've ever left lined up like that on VHS is the mirror scene in the Marx Brothers Duck Soup.)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: September 20, 2022 17:13

The regular cutaways to a vapid looking Jerry Hall with her mouth hanging half open were my fave parts.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 20, 2022 18:46

"But it really does have one of the GREAT film scenes in rock music. There's a scene where a sort of destitute Mick Jagger is trying to prove to a shop keeper that he is who he says he is. (A man of wealth and taste). He's dancing.

Priceless."

Captain Corella, right, I completely agree. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: September 20, 2022 22:23

CaptainCorella
Camp. Yes.

Slightly embarrassing at times. Yes.

But it really does have one of the GREAT film scenes in rock music. There's a scene where a sort of destitute Mick Jagger is trying to prove to a shop keeper that he is who he says he is. (A man of wealth and taste). He's dancing.

Priceless.

In the old days of VHS I would keep my tape of this extended music video (for that is what it really is) set at this scene to show people.

(High praise from me. The only other film scene I've ever left lined up like that on VHS is the mirror scene in the Marx Brothers Duck Soup.)

Yes to all of that. The fact that Jagger had not only the vision but the comedic chops to deliver that scene is fabulous. "Taking the piss" out of one's self indeed.

Running Out Of Luck DVD 2022
Posted by: DocChill ()
Date: September 21, 2022 09:56

VoodooLounge13
child-of-the-moon

Is this legit or a boot?

...I think it's a boot, but the quality is much better than the original VHS-Copy! I got the DVD last week, love it drinking smiley!

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: September 21, 2022 11:01

The DVD was sold on eBay a few months ago by a german seller. He sold I think 10 copies of the DVD very fast.
The DVD hast got German subtitles. Great quality - I think it was taken from the Laserdisc.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 21, 2022 11:40

angee
"But it really does have one of the GREAT film scenes in rock music. There's a scene where a sort of destitute Mick Jagger is trying to prove to a shop keeper that he is who he says he is. (A man of wealth and taste). He's dancing.

Priceless."

Captain Corella, right, I completely agree. cool smiley

Indeed. First making ridiculous the idea of everyone should know this mega-star called Mick Jagger and then showing how ridiculous that figure is without having that knowledge (like an emperor without clothes). Only managing to charm a little boy who surely finds the old man jumping funny.

Is there actually any other moment Mick, or any rock star, is reflecting his status and claim to fame so self-ironically?

Think of Elvis doing the same (now, him with his Vegas habitus and karate moves - that would be a killer...grinning smiley)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-21 11:41 by Doxa.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: September 21, 2022 14:36

child-of-the-moon

Excellent, just ordered! Have the VHS, and the YouTube version isn't the best. Cheesy but very enjoyable. Madcap, only the 80s could throw something like this up. Looking forward to seeing it again actually smiling smiley

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 21, 2022 22:26

I ordered one too on the German Amazon. I will receive it on Saterday.
I have the VHS, but not a working recorder anymore, last time I saw it was over twenty years ago.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-21 23:19 by GJV.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 21, 2022 22:29

Both this and being Mick need a rerelease.

Date: September 21, 2022 23:17

GJV
I ordered on too on the German Amazon. I will receive it on Saterday.
I have the VHS, but not a working recorder anymore, last time I saw it was over twenty years ago.

Exactly the same here. Saw ist the last time over 20 years ago when I was 13 years old or even younger. The DVD arrived today and watched it. The quality is quite good for a semi-official release.

The movie is really funny. I must admit I didn't understand everything when I was a child and I watched this movie many times as a kid. So it was really a cool thing to see als these scenes again that I know for all my life. It's really fun ans Mick makes a lot of fun of himself.

Date: September 21, 2022 23:21

Glad you still liked it.
I saw they have only one left (but more on the way).

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 22, 2022 00:02

ROCKMAN

Date: September 22, 2022 00:14

Surprisingly enough he doesn't use the official Rolling Stones phone which was released at the beginning of the eighties.winking smiley

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: September 28, 2022 14:18

treaclefingers

I can tell from the cover photo it's a boot. There's no way they'd use that to promote the movie.

The suspicion triggered by the amateurish cover is indeed confirmed, this dvd is far from official. It is a semi-official German release dated 2013. Soundtrack is English, German subtitles are optional. The picture and sound quality are below dvd standards and there's no scene selection menu.

The dvd does contain an extra documentary on Mick Jagger, unprofessionally produced but including some archive footage that may be unknown to many.

In the absence of a truly official, high quality release, it is however a good item in my collection, not to mention an improvement from the old VHS cassette I've had since the 80s.

It would be interesting to know why a proper DVD/BluRay release hasn't happened, perhaps some participating artists (Jerry Hall?) are blocking it, if not Mick himself (?) for a variety of reasons not so difficult to guess.

If you save the picture below you get it in high resolution with readable fineprint. thumbs up

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-28 14:33 by TIRED.

Date: October 1, 2022 22:38

I got it a week ago, but watched it this afternoon.
Fun to see this after twenty plus years.

The quality is not bad, but don't expect blu ray, or 4K quality.

There's also a German trailer, which is unintentionally funny, because of the German voice, who is claiming that this is more than just a movie!

The thirty-minute documentary is amateurish and worthless with interviews with people I have no idea who they are and who add absolutely nothing in terms of commentary.

Date: October 1, 2022 23:49

GJV
I got it a week ago, but watched it this afternoon.
Fun to see this after twenty plus years.

The quality is not bad, but don't expect blu ray, or 4K quality.

There's also a German trailer, which is unintentionally funny, because of the German voice, who is claiming that this is more than just a movie!

The thirty-minute documentary is amateurish and worthless with interviews with people I have no idea who they are and who add absolutely nothing in terms of commentary.

Would be a bit strange to expect Blu Ray/4k quality when you're ordering a DVD

Date: October 2, 2022 19:51

Yes and no. There are 4K prints released on dvd, which are with brighter, clearer picture than earlier versions on dvd.
For example the James Bond movies: the first dvd versions are in less quality than the later ones, which are 4K prints.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-02 19:54 by GJV.

Date: October 2, 2022 20:19

TIRED
treaclefingers

The suspicion triggered by the amateurish cover is indeed confirmed, this dvd is far from official. It is a semi-official German release dated 2013. Soundtrack is English, German subtitles are optional. The picture and sound quality are below dvd standards and there's no scene selection menu.

The dvd does contain an extra documentary on Mick Jagger, unprofessionally produced but including some archive footage that may be unknown to many.

In the absence of a truly official, high quality release, it is however a good item in my collection, not to mention an improvement from the old VHS cassette I've had since the 80s.

It would be interesting to know why a proper DVD/BluRay release hasn't happened, perhaps some participating artists (Jerry Hall?) are blocking it, if not Mick himself (?) for a variety of reasons not so difficult to guess.

If you save the picture below you get it in high resolution with readable fineprint. thumbs up

Your points are valid and I was not attempting a slight at those that owned a copy...I'd love to own a copy, never searched it out.

But yes, an official release would be nice. Mick took the piss out of himself a bit with this, so it would seem strange that he would block it.

Maybe just too cheesy?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 2, 2022 22:07

treaclefingers
TIRED
treaclefingers

Your points are valid and I was not attempting a slight at those that owned a copy...I'd love to own a copy, never searched it out.

But yes, an official release would be nice. Mick took the piss out of himself a bit with this, so it would seem strange that he would block it.

Maybe just too cheesy?

i just don't think he cares much for his solo career or doesn't think there's a market for his solo vault releases

and if he did it i think jagger down under or webster hall would come first

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1404
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home