Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Freejack - 30 years
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 23, 2022 14:18

Hairball
Interesting that while Mick was working on this ridiculous dud of a movie, Keith was working on the highly excellent Main Offender.
I recall seeing Freejack in a theater, and it was doomed from the start mostly due to the terrible acting skills of both Mick and Emilio Estevez - they should have called it Upchuck.

Why you always feel the need to turn almost every thread into a Keith vs. Mick battle is beyond me. Guess it's a psychological thingy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-23 16:17 by retired_dog.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: March 23, 2022 15:00

retired_dog
Hairball
Interesting that while Mick was working on this ridiculous dud of a movie, Keith was working on the highly excellent Main Offender.
I recall seeing Freejack in a theater, and it was doomed from the start mostly due to the terrible acting skills of both Mick and Emilio Estevez - they should have called it Upchuck.

Why you always feel the need to turn almost very thread into a Keith vs. Mick battle is beyond me. Guess it's a psychological thingy.

I'm mystified as to why! These men are over 70, the Teenage Idea's profligated by such commentary are Beneath the consideration of Adults

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 24, 2022 09:08

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 24, 2022 10:18

I recall seeing it once (I guess from a rented VHS), but I don't recall about anything else than it being pretty bad and boring. But I am not a fan of those type of films generally, so I don't really know how it rates in its genre.

Of Mick's performance (of course, the only reason why I wanted to see it), I only recall his cool face. Not much California smile or other face expressions there.

Perhaps I should give it a second try some day. Once in every 30 years doesn't hurt that much.

Hmm... You live and learn. I always thought in the ever-lasting teenager soap opera Mick vs. Keith, the rational comparison from those days is WANDERING SPIRIT vs. MAIN OFFENDER. But now I see that it is FREEJACK vs MAIN OFFENDER. A good move, since the latter battle sounds more even (I am thinking about giving to MAIN OFFENDER a second try after 30 years as well, since I heard there is even a re-issue coming up... I am very big-hearted and open-minded nowadays, you see).

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-24 10:26 by Doxa.

Date: March 24, 2022 10:41

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 24, 2022 10:45

Doxa
I recall seeing it once (I guess from a rented VHS), but I don't recall about anything else than it being pretty bad and boring. But I am not a fan of those type of films generally, so I don't really know how it rates in its genre.

Of Mick's performance (of course, the only reason why I wanted to see it), I only recall his cool face. Not much California smile or other face expressions there.

Perhaps I should give it a second try some day. Once in every 30 years doesn't hurt that much.

Hmm... You live and learn. I always thought in the ever-lasting teenager soap opera Mick vs. Keith, the rational comparison from those days is WANDERING SPIRIT vs. MAIN OFFENDER. But now I see that it is FREEJACK vs MAIN OFFENDER. A good move, since the latter battle sounds more even (I am thinking about giving to MAIN OFFENDER a second try after 30 years as well, since I heard there is even a re-issue coming up... I am very big-hearted and open-minded nowadays, you see).

- Doxa

Well, yeah, accusing this very poster in charge of any kind of rationalism was the last thought that ever came to my mind, but as you put it, a FREEJACK vs MAIN OFFENDER comparison makes indeed some sense, not least because both projects are largely forgotten outside their respective fan circles and who knows? Giving both a second try may reveal a surprise or two. So maybe Hairball has finally come to his senses and only tries to be fair (with a slight nod to Keith, of course)?

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: March 25, 2022 03:51

“One Mississippi, two Mississippi…” Far and away the funniest line in the history of film thanks to Mick’s thespian skills. Jagger was robbed by the Academy (again).

Oh, Hairball was, is, and will continue to be a w@nker…cradle to grave – don’t need a time machine to know that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 03:52 by Swayed1967.

Date: March 25, 2022 06:54

Always wanted a time-machine ....
Go body surfin' the day Moses parted The Red Sea ... wipe-out

ROCKMAN

Date: March 25, 2022 09:44

ROCKMAN

Date: March 25, 2022 10:49

ROCKMAN

Date: March 25, 2022 11:02

ROCKMAN

Date: March 25, 2022 11:35

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1997
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home