Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Why are they touring without Charlie?
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 24, 2022 21:49

schillid
Why are they touring without Charlie?

Because he died.

grinning smiley Funny!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 24, 2022 22:01

LeonidP
schillid

Because he died.

grinning smiley Funny!

Dark humor, perhaps.

But true nonetheless
they can't tour with a dead drummer

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 24, 2022 22:12

schillid
LeonidP
schillid

Because he died.

grinning smiley Funny!

Dark humor, perhaps.

But true nonetheless

Yeah, totally inappropriate! But funny nonetheless...

Posted by: steadyrollinman ()
Date: March 24, 2022 22:48

schillid
LeonidP
schillid

Because he died.

grinning smiley Funny!

Dark humor, perhaps.

But true nonetheless

They could, if the drummer was called Mickey Hart. Or Bill Kreutzmann.

Date: March 25, 2022 00:10

schillid
... can't tour with a dead drummer

i guess you could... it just would just sound very different

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 25, 2022 01:59

bv
May be there is a new guy on bass (since 1995), and a new guy on drums (since 2021), and also a "new guy" on guitar, since 1975. So feel free to complain. But still, it is the same two guys who wrote all the great songs they play live, the same guy who master the riffs - Keith - and the same singer, the world's most fascinating singer, good old eternal Mick, with his voice as great as ever. They rock. And roll. Hard!

Many would agree that they rock'n'roll hard. But there are also sizable numbers of people who think its now more karaoke than rock'n'roll. And I am one of those. Sadly Keith is now a shadow of the guitarist and performer he once was. And I am really struggling to see Mick as the worlds most fascinating singer. Maybe he was! Once! But far from it now.

No doubt we can agree to disagree. Certainly the many many thousands who will rock up to the concerts in Europe and GB will agree totally with you.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 25, 2022 02:21

GerardHennessy
bv
May be there is a new guy on bass (since 1995), and a new guy on drums (since 2021), and also a "new guy" on guitar, since 1975. So feel free to complain. But still, it is the same two guys who wrote all the great songs they play live, the same guy who master the riffs - Keith - and the same singer, the world's most fascinating singer, good old eternal Mick, with his voice as great as ever. They rock. And roll. Hard!

Many would agree that they rock'n'roll hard. But there are also sizable numbers of people who think its now more karaoke than rock'n'roll. And I am one of those. Sadly Keith is now a shadow of the guitarist and performer he once was. And I am really struggling to see Mick as the worlds most fascinating singer. Maybe he was! Once! But far from it now.

No doubt we can agree to disagree. Certainly the many many thousands who will rock up to the concerts in Europe and GB will agree totally with you.

No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to go.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 25, 2022 02:34

The Rolling Stones are still a fascinating band to see live especially if you score a good seat or the pit. It is an amazing experience. There are other bands that are great but The Stones rock and roll the best!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: March 25, 2022 03:20

Thank you schillid - I have been wanting to say what you wrote below since this thread began.

Two other points:

1/ Every person I have known who has died wants others to really live and do what they love. Maximize life.
They want you to remember them, but not change because of them dying.

2/ No one should stop doing what they love until their last breath. All of us have hobbies or careers we love. No one in normal culture is expected to give up because their spouse, friend or relative died. Why should the band have to stop?

The best way for the Stones and us to honor Charlie is to take care of our own mental health and keep doing all the things we love.
Touring
Going to gigs
Collecting stamps
Whatever it is - don't stop

My 2 cents.

schillid

Because he died.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 03:22 by soundboard.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 25, 2022 04:00

Cooltoplady
GasLightStreet
Has the op responded since page 1?

Probably under another name agreeing with himself

I suppose what I was thinking was, has he read any of this thread? It's really turned into something.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: March 25, 2022 04:37

Cooltoplady
GasLightStreet
Has the op responded since page 1?

Probably under another name agreeing with himself

I was thinking the same thing. There's 2-3 people who are likely the same person agreeing with himself...

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 25, 2022 04:54

soundboard
Thank you schillid - I have been wanting to say what you wrote below since this thread began.

Two other points:

1/ Every person I have known who has died wants others to really live and do what they love. Maximize life.

2/ No one should stop doing what they love until their last breath. All of us have hobbies or careers we love. No one in normal culture is expected to give up because their spouse, friend or relative died. Why should the band have to stop?

The best way for the Stones and us to honor Charlie is to take care of our own mental health and keep doing all the things we love.
Touring
Going to gigs
Collecting stamps

My 2 cents.

schillid

Because he died.

Very well said!thumbs up

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: March 25, 2022 06:24

We all miss Charlie terribly. But Mick and Keith performing the greatest rock and roll songs ever written, songs that they themselves wrote, that is The Rolling Stones. There have been many, many changes over these six decades, but I have always enjoyed and appreciated seeing my favorite band play live. And how wonderful for young people to get to experience the Stones in concert for the first time in 2022. Bravo Rolling Stones!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 25, 2022 12:12

steadyrollinman
schillid
LeonidP
schillid

Because he died.

grinning smiley Funny!

Dark humor, perhaps.

But true nonetheless

They could, if the drummer was called Mickey Hart. Or Bill Kreutzmann.
Then you could have drums/space - how cool would that be ? Then you have a proper "trip"

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 25, 2022 12:15

soundboard

Two other points:

Touring
Going to gigs
Collecting stamps

My 2 cents.

schillid

Because he died.
Bravo for the positive message as we need more positive reinforcement in life ! Love your post thumbs up

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: March 25, 2022 13:59

Because Mick & Keith are THE ROLLING STONES.....

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: March 25, 2022 14:19

The answer that I had all the time on my mind is - as similarly said above - simply:-

Because he is not with us anymore.

Date: March 25, 2022 14:23

Why not?

Date: March 25, 2022 14:35

PatrickS77
ronniewoody91
PatrickS77
ronniewoody91
PatrickS77
Why not? And "No Charlie, no Stones" is stupid anyway. Since when does one guy make or break a band? Unless it's the singer, usually everyone is replaceable.

well...in the case of Charlie this might be true, but if Mick didn't wanna go on or couldn't go on, this would definitely be the end then because there is no one else like Mick...nobody could ever replace him...nobody would come to see "the Stones" without Mick...and neither without Keith...also I don't think Mick would wanna go on without Keith...at this point, Mick and Keith are the Stones...

also you beat me in editing and adding the part with the singer^^ cause well it's true...no Mick,no Stones show...

Sorry for the edit. ;-) And yes, you're right. Should Keith go before Mick, I don't think Mick would carry on as the Rolling Stones, even though, I guess it would be possible. Even though that's a slight possibility.

Tbh I cannot imagine it at all...if both Charlie and Keith were gone there would be no point and I doubt Mick would wanna continue the Stones cause he's been in this with Keith from the very beginning...tbh I cannot even see Mick touring at all in this casr (with what, Super Heavy?! lol, ridiculousspinning smiley sticking its tongue out)...on the other hand, I could very well see Keith play a handful of small club shows with the Winos like he did at the Beacon recently...

Yeah. Like I said, slight possibility. I don't think it will happen. But how would Mick tour otherwise, if he still would want to go on tour?

He would change the name of the act to "The Rolling Stone" and go on with the other guys.

Date: March 25, 2022 15:43

On a side note, I just got an email from Spotify with concert recommendations: there's a photo of the Rolling Stones with Charlie and a picture of Queen with Freddie Mercury. At least they got Van Morrison's picture right. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 25, 2022 16:19

steadyrollinman
PatrickS77
ronniewoody91
PatrickS77
ronniewoody91
PatrickS77
Why not? And "No Charlie, no Stones" is stupid anyway. Since when does one guy make or break a band? Unless it's the singer, usually everyone is replaceable.

well...in the case of Charlie this might be true, but if Mick didn't wanna go on or couldn't go on, this would definitely be the end then because there is no one else like Mick...nobody could ever replace him...nobody would come to see "the Stones" without Mick...and neither without Keith...also I don't think Mick would wanna go on without Keith...at this point, Mick and Keith are the Stones...

also you beat me in editing and adding the part with the singer^^ cause well it's true...no Mick,no Stones show...

Sorry for the edit. ;-) And yes, you're right. Should Keith go before Mick, I don't think Mick would carry on as the Rolling Stones, even though, I guess it would be possible. Even though that's a slight possibility.

Tbh I cannot imagine it at all...if both Charlie and Keith were gone there would be no point and I doubt Mick would wanna continue the Stones cause he's been in this with Keith from the very beginning...tbh I cannot even see Mick touring at all in this casr (with what, Super Heavy?! lol, ridiculousspinning smiley sticking its tongue out)...on the other hand, I could very well see Keith play a handful of small club shows with the Winos like he did at the Beacon recently...

Yeah. Like I said, slight possibility. I don't think it will happen. But how would Mick tour otherwise, if he still would want to go on tour?

He would change the name of the act to "The Rolling Stone" and go on with the other guys.

"Possibility"? I'd change the word to RISK fellas......

Date: March 25, 2022 16:31

"Mich" Jagger & His Rolling Stones

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: March 25, 2022 16:44

DandelionPowderman

Why not?

Because Charlie's dead. That's why.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: March 25, 2022 16:47

steadyrollinman
PatrickS77
ronniewoody91
PatrickS77
ronniewoody91
PatrickS77

Which would still make it a Rolling Stones show minus Keith. winking smiley Either way, he would not go out as Mick Jagger.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 25, 2022 16:57

Will Charlie gone they should keep on rolling, but to note his loss just call themselves "The Stones"

Date: March 25, 2022 17:07

... no longer "Rolling" without Charlie ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 17:09 by schillid.

Date: March 25, 2022 17:08

Or "The Rolling Stones with special guests Darryl Jones and Steve Jordan".

Date: March 25, 2022 17:59

The Glimmer Twins & Band would be correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 18:15 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: March 25, 2022 18:45

Keith Richards & The Diamond Pit Winos

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 25, 2022 18:48

daspyknows
GerardHennessy
bv

No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to go.

Absolutely true my friend! Spot on.

But even if someone WAS putting a gun to my head, I would risk life and limb to stay away now. For me - and I speak only for myself - what happens at concerts now is a kind of role-play. An inferior replica of what once was a totally engrossing, and valid, musical experience. By a band that really cared. Right or wrong, sadly, it just does not work for me any longer. I tried, I REALLY tried to persuade myself I was wrong. And I failed! In saying this I'm not disrespecting alternative views and opinions of the band. In fact I champion the rights of EVERYONE to do what they want to do. For those who still love the concert experience, I wish you all the fulfillment in the world. Enjoy every second, as I once did.

While you are doing so, I shall be listening to the deep cuts, the rarities, the 'never-played-in-concert' numbers, and the myriad treasures that adorn the recorded work of The Rolling Stones. Recordings that date from those days when they really were The Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band In The World. Yes, absolutely they were. In the entire WORLD! And by some distance too...

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1515
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home