Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: The Stones post Charlie
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 29, 2022 20:14

Taylor1
24FPS
Really. Bill said it best at the time about how you can't go home again. It didn't work then, it would be worse now. Mick, most likely, let him play on two songs he wasn't particularly known for, instead of something like Miss You, or Start Me Up. Bill tried, it didn't work.

As for Mick Taylor, be honest, did his playing really enhance the tour? His presence was great, but were the results outstanding? And god knows what kind of physical shape he's in. I haven't seen a picture of him since then.

At almost 80, Mick probably feels a 14 date tour is enough. Play the hits by rote, make some people happy, squirrel away more bread, return to solo projects. As Charlie's passing showed them, this really could be the last time.
Taylor had great moments like Can't You Hear Me Knocking at Glastonbury. What do you expect when he was only allowed one or two songs asho. And you can't say Wood or Richards played better than him on any song

asho? what does that mean?

Re: Why are they touring without Charlie?
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 29, 2022 20:20

Means a show

Date: March 29, 2022 23:43

Taylor1

Taylor had great moments like Can't You Hear Me Knocking at Glastonbury. What do you expect when he was only allowed one or two songs asho. And you can't say Wood or Richards played better than him on any song

I criticized Taylor a lot 10 years ago. Now I think I just expected too much.

Re: Why are they touring without Charlie?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 30, 2022 08:05

I think a segment of Stones fans were looking for this type of message from the band after Charlie died on August 21, 2021. (I borrowed it from the FF who released it 4 days after the death of their drummer Taylor Hawkins)

It is with great sadness that the Rolling Stones
confirm the cancellation of all upcoming tour dates
in light of the staggering loss of our brother
Charlie Watts. We're sorry for and share in the
disappointment that we won't be seeing one another
as planned. Instead, let's take this time to grieve,
to heal, to pull our loved ones close, and to appreciate
all the music and memories we've made together.

Instead, 17 days after Charlie's death, some fans were understandably upset at no mention of a pause in the tour or a message to fans. (I edited the original quote of the anger and frustration.)

Spodlumt
He died on 8/24/21. They have said nothing other than posting their "touching" photos on social media. Added a date to their 2021 tour without him. There website - after their "touching" website photo of him - has returned to business as usual.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 30, 2022 08:25

Cooltoplady
Taylor1
24FPS
Really. Bill said it best at the time about how you can't go home again. It didn't work then, it would be worse now. Mick, most likely, let him play on two songs he wasn't particularly known for, instead of something like Miss You, or Start Me Up. Bill tried, it didn't work.

As for Mick Taylor, be honest, did his playing really enhance the tour? His presence was great, but were the results outstanding? And god knows what kind of physical shape he's in. I haven't seen a picture of him since then.

At almost 80, Mick probably feels a 14 date tour is enough. Play the hits by rote, make some people happy, squirrel away more bread, return to solo projects. As Charlie's passing showed them, this really could be the last time.

asho? what does that mean?

I thought you were referring to me. Which I am.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home