Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Why are they touring without Charlie?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 25, 2022 18:52

rollmops
The Rolling Stones are still a fascinating band to see live especially if you score a good seat or the pit. It is an amazing experience. There are other bands that are great but The Stones rock and roll the best!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Why? Do you need to be close to see poor Keith fumble through? It's not like they're a fascinating visual treat now. This ain't 1969 with Keith wearing a sharksin earring. It's not really about the music any longer either. It's not like they're playing the worn out warhorses better than they have. It's nostalgia, plain and simple. They are what's left of baby boomer youth.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 25, 2022 19:17

24FPS
rollmops
The Rolling Stones are still a fascinating band to see live especially if you score a good seat or the pit. It is an amazing experience. There are other bands that are great but The Stones rock and roll the best!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Why? Do you need to be close to see poor Keith fumble through? It's not like they're a fascinating visual treat now. This ain't 1969 with Keith wearing a sharksin earring. It's not really about the music any longer either. It's not like they're playing the worn out warhorses better than they have. It's nostalgia, plain and simple. They are what's left of baby boomer youth.

10/10. Bullseye my friend. Straight as an arrow...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 25, 2022 19:18

loog droog
Will Charlie gone they should keep on rolling, but to note his loss just call themselves "The Stones"

Yes, and maybe make it all lower case letters:

Ladies and Gentlemen:

the *stones.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 25, 2022 19:22

the gall ... stones

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 25, 2022 21:26

GerardHennessy
24FPS
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

10/10. Bullseye my friend. Straight as an arrow...

+1

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 25, 2022 22:47

24FPS
It's not like they're playing the worn out warhorses better than they have. It's nostalgia, plain and simple.

If you want things to always be better - yes, then this band is not for you and you are in the wrong forum, my friend. People age and they die as well. It is part of live and some fans just enjoy getting older WITH the Stones.

Plus: nostalgia. Yes. As in cars, vinyl, clothes, travel, food etc - most of the people actually love it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 25, 2022 23:20

Yeah its pretty easy ta figure out aint it .....
Can you give Spodlumt a quick call and tell him how goes ..... HHHhaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 25, 2022 23:51

My wife and I wish we were still in our twenties instead of an old couple with grandchildren. We're just doing a karaoke performance. There is no joy. We're just pretending for the sake of those who want to remember what we were like in our prime. When one of us passes away, I expect our family will shun the survivor because it just won't be the same no matter how much they claim to love us.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: March 26, 2022 00:15

Rocky Dijon
My wife and I wish we were still in our twenties instead of an old couple with grandchildren. We're just doing a karaoke performance. There is no joy. We're just pretending for the sake of those who want to remember what we were like in our prime. When one of us passes away, I expect our family will shun the survivor because it just won't be the same no matter how much they claim to love us.

time to go to the glue factory, unfortunately.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 26, 2022 00:22

schwonek
24FPS
It's not like they're playing the worn out warhorses better than they have. It's nostalgia, plain and simple.

If you want things to always be better - yes, then this band is not for you and you are in the wrong forum, my friend. People age and they die as well. It is part of live and some fans just enjoy getting older WITH the Stones.

Plus: nostalgia. Yes. As in cars, vinyl, clothes, travel, food etc - most of the people actually love it.
Crap.
To some it is important to go and see them again....nothing wrong with that.
To others,like me...the thrill has been gone when Charlie died and I don't feel the need to go again,so what...
Telling others "wrong forum" is just kindergarten style...respect each other.
Very simple.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 26, 2022 02:41

24FPS
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

However, you forget one other and most important factor though. Even in 2017 it struck me. They still have got a wonderful PRESENCE. When you are there in attendance, you become aware anew, if you over time have forgotten it.

One other point is that for many of us, who have been around for decades, much of the setlist consists of warhorses. But for casual concert goers and for many younger persons in early fanship, warhorses are not warhorses. Instead those are some of their greatest songs. Setlists are arranged for the majority of the audience. I cannot criticize that, even if it makes me contented with one concert only.

Probably most of all then, I will take in the said presence of the band. With that in mind, I think I also will advise others, who are in doubt, go to one concert. Experience it one more time.

I guess what your answer will be. That it is the expression that nostalgia takes in my case. My response: I don't think so. My attitude towards the largely unchanged setlists ought to argue against such a point of view.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: March 26, 2022 02:44

Ain't it good to be alive?

It sure is.

Many more exciting, relevant and happening things to see and do than to see the touring circus continue without a main man who was inextricably part of their sound, character and being.

Date: March 26, 2022 02:53

We're just doing a karaoke performance

What songs ya doin' ..... any footage Rocky ??????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 26, 2022 03:11

Too old to recall, Terry. I'm told we hit a wall.

And BeastyBurdeny takes first prize with the glue factory line.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 03:12 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 26, 2022 03:18

Four Stone Walls

It sure is.

Many more exciting, relevant and happening things to see and do than to see the touring circus continue without a main man who was inextricably part of their sound, character and being.

Do those other things that mean more to you, both now and in your future! Best of luck to you seeking other joys!

For many others here the Stones remain an important part of our lives, in one way or the other. But obviously, at all times it has been better advised to have more sources of joy than only one.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 26, 2022 03:55

Date: March 26, 2022 04:17

.... yeah that glue factory line is a killer .... HHHaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 26, 2022 06:06

I guess the Foo Fighters are finished now too.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 26, 2022 06:36

Four Stone Walls

It sure is.

so why are here debating the "touring circus"
with us deluded losers when you could be out there doing all those "exciting, relevant and happening things"?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 26, 2022 11:06

A powerful reaction to death is to continue, for the living to live and affirm life, for the living to allow happiness to return in midst of a sad situation. Creative acts such as a group of musicians playing concerts to audiences can be all of the above and a lot more.

Through their music and concerts The Rolling Stones make a lot of people happy and help fans get through their own hard or sad times. Our participation and reaction to their music and concerts can do the same for them.

These are wonky times, great that The Rolling Stones are still around to bring smiles to sad faces.

smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 11:13 by His Majesty.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 26, 2022 11:15

ProfessorWolf
Four Stone Walls

It sure is.

with us deluded losers when you could be out there doing all those "exciting, relevant and happening things"?

No one is saying anyone is a deluded loser my friend. Just because some of us prefer alternative activities to attending present-day Stones performances, does not mean we disrespect or criticise fans like yourself - and millions of others - who still enjoy seeing the band. Personally I wish EVERYONE who loves The Stones the most wonderful experience possible when they go to a concert. Some may be seeing them for the first time. Others for the upmteenth. No matter. Their pleasure is their pleasure, whatever musical form it takes.

Sadly it no longer moves me. Neither does it move a growing number of others. So be it. We now prefer other activities, other performers, other musical experiences. That does not mean these alternatives are superior, or more valid in any way. However they do feel, at least to me, fresher, more vital, and different. I like that. But then I have been a RS fan for almost all of their 60 years. It is hardly surprising that it is starting to feel a bit 'samey' nowadays. And a little formulaic. But I will always be a fan. And I will roll up to my music outlet of choice, clutching some form of payment in my sticky palms, should a new Stones musical offering appear. It might be a brand new studio album. It might be a single. It might be a recording from the vaults. Or it might be a previously unissued live concert. Then I will trot back home clutching my new treasure, lock myself in my little private cubicle, and rock my little fat socks off...

Still a fan. Still delighted, surprised, excited, irritated, infuriated and frustrated by this extraordinary bunch of outlaws. That is fandom! Long may it remain so..

Go Stones!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 26, 2022 11:53

The reality is for the general public the only irreplaceable Stone is Jagger.Had Keith left in 1977 or Wood in 1981say, you could have sold to the general public that it was still The Rolling Stones.People would have still gone to see their shows with an Eric Clapton or Mick Taylor as a replacement.Although losing Keith would have been an irreplaceable loss of creativity. But at no time would the general public have accepted a Rolling Stones band without Jagger.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 26, 2022 12:02

GerardHennessy
ProfessorWolf
Four Stone Walls

It sure is.

No one is saying anyone is a deluded loser my friend. Just because some of us prefer alternative activities to attending present-day Stones performances, does not mean we disrespect or criticise fans like yourself - and millions of others - who still enjoy seeing the band. Personally I wish EVERYONE who loves The Stones the most wonderful experience possible when they go to a concert. Some may be seeing them for the first time. Others for the upmteenth. No matter. Their pleasure is their pleasure, whatever musical form it takes.

Sadly it no longer moves me. Neither does it move a growing number of others. So be it. We now prefer other activities, other performers, other musical experiences. That does not mean these alternatives are superior, or more valid in any way. However they do feel, at least to me, fresher, more vital, and different. I like that. But then I have been a RS fan for almost all of their 60 years. It is hardly surprising that it is starting to feel a bit 'samey' nowadays. And a little formulaic. But I will always be a fan. And I will roll up to my music outlet of choice, clutching some form of payment in my sticky palms, should a new Stones musical offering appear. It might be a brand new studio album. It might be a single. It might be a recording from the vaults. Or it might be a previously unissued live concert. Then I will trot back home clutching my new treasure, lock myself in my little private cubicle, and rock my little fat socks off...

Still a fan. Still delighted, surprised, excited, irritated, infuriated and frustrated by this extraordinary bunch of outlaws. That is fandom! Long may it remain so..

Go Stones!

well said

and your right no one's calling anyone deluded losers here but me

i meant what i said sarcastically and not for it to be taken seriously

sorry if it came off worse then i intended it to

should have put a winking smiley at the end

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: March 26, 2022 12:11

ProfessorWolf
GerardHennessy
ProfessorWolf
Four Stone Walls

It sure is.

Go Stones!

well said

and your right no one's calling anyone deluded losers here but me

i meant what i said sarcastically and not for it to be taken seriously

sorry if it came off worse then i intended it to

should have put a winking smiley at the end

Yes (!!!) Gerard! I suggest you take the opportunity to share a few more hours together with the Stones. I'm sure you will treasury those hours long after they're past. How about Anfield cool smiley

ProfessorWolf will understand winking smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 26, 2022 17:24

Taylor1
The reality is for the general public the only irreplaceable Stone is Jagger.Had Keith left in 1977 or Wood in 1981say, you could have sold to the general public that it was still The Rolling Stones.People would have still gone to see their shows with an Eric Clapton or Mick Taylor as a replacement.Although losing Keith would have been an irreplaceable loss of creativity. But at no time would the general public have accepted a Rolling Stones band without Jagger.

Which is ironic, because the public didn't accept Mick Jagger without the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 26, 2022 17:33

24FPS
Taylor1

Which is ironic, because the public didn't accept Mick Jagger without the Rolling Stones.

It doesn't make much sense to drag Jagger's solo career so down in the drain as some people do, as most of it took place in 1987-1988, an era in which most artist really sucked; exceptions being very few. Jagger's "solo career" wasn't a "career", it was just what any performer would do at the time; quick money.

Date: March 26, 2022 17:48

Taylor1
The reality is for the general public the only irreplaceable Stone is Jagger.

From a pure musical point of view you are right. I have heard many players and bands that come very close to Watts, Wyman, Jones, Taylor, Wood or Richards. I have never heard a singer remotely sounding like Jagger. Having written this: No Keith or Jagger: No Rolling Stones. Just forget it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 18:28 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: March 26, 2022 18:01

His Majesty
A powerful reaction to death is to continue, for the living to live and affirm life, for the living to allow happiness to return in midst of a sad situation. Creative acts such as a group of musicians playing concerts to audiences can be all of the above and a lot more.

Through their music and concerts The Rolling Stones make a lot of people happy and help fans get through their own hard or sad times. Our participation and reaction to their music and concerts can do the same for them.

These are wonky times, great that The Rolling Stones are still around to bring smiles to sad faces.

smiling smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 26, 2022 18:25

Rocky Dijon

Feel so sorry for you and what a shit family if they act that way.

Age is just a number. Youth is a way of life.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 26, 2022 18:31

In case it hasn't been brought up already, let's not forget that Charlie wanted them to keep going.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1456
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home