Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Old film rolls featuring the Stones surface
Posted by: automaticchanger ()
Date: March 23, 2022 21:52

ProfessorWolf
MadMax
I stood at the Metro station last night when a geezer around 70 years old walked up to me and asked me about my Stones badge pinned to my parka. We started talking and he mentions he got about 4 minutes of Super 8 footage of the show at Råsunda 1970. I asked him to go transfer it to VHS or DVD and then maybe he could be able to sell it or at least get it out for other fans to see it. Amazing.

or mail it to automaticchanger and he'll do the rest

My reputation precedes me, haha - doubt you got any contact info from the guy, but if so I'd definitely buy it off him or at least pay to get it digitized.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 23, 2022 23:00

Gold ol' Tri-X ...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 24, 2022 12:20

schillid

Gold ol' Tri-X ...

Yeah but what the MasterBlaster guy did is exactly what one shouldn't do (you should process your films asap).
The 3 images posted here are great but are technically poor, with a gray-ish dull look and total lack of contrast. The speciality lab that processed these films did a good job, but you can't only do a "damage control" job on a 45+yo latent image.

I'd love being proven wrong but I have little hope for Tri-X's exposed at 3200. On these the latent image has probably already gone to the great photo-album in the sky... winking smiley

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 25, 2022 12:13

^^^ IMO, those film rolls hold a lot of potential for wonderful images - what a treasure trove! Yes, the ones shown are lacking in contrast, but film photographers have adjusted contrast in the darkroom via dodging & burning and the use of contrast filters and contrast paper for ages. Now, it's even easier to do via digital imaging programs. I'm not referring to the heavy-handed retouching, reality-distorting "filters" and other photo fakery used today. It's a matter of judiciously bringing out the details already there on film. I do agree that 50 year old Tri X pushed to 3200 is unlikely to yield great quality images, but some of the rolls pictured were labeled as shot @ 800, so they hold promise, imo.

I'm an amateur w/ scant skills, using an old program from 2006, and I spent about 5 minutes adjusting the contrast on Ronnie (see side-by-side comparison linked below). Mediocre rush job, done to demonstrate the potential for adjustment. I think a skilled pro could work wonders and optimize these images to the max.

Side-by-side comparison here:

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 6, 2022 12:12

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 6, 2022 15:54

Green Lady beat me to it. (In my defence…5 hours behind! winking smiley )

Posted by: craigmodel212 ()
Date: April 7, 2022 02:43

[www.gofundme.com] In case anyone wants to throw him ten bucks, here is the Go Fund Me page for Charles Daniels.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1431
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home