Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Support Acts - SIXTY Stones Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 28, 2022 16:31

micha063
I saw 26 Stones shows since 82 and only the J Geils Band was real fun as support act.
Aaaah - you missed AC/DC and the Pretenders.winking smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 28, 2022 17:54

I enjoyed Beck, the Black Eyed Peas, St Paul and the Broken Bones, Ghost Hounds, and while I saw Sheryl Crow, at the time I wasn’t a fan yet. Wish I could have that one back to appreciate it more. But aside from Beck, I became a fan of the other bands listed because of the Stones.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 30, 2022 11:03

Kaleo just announced for Brussels

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 30, 2022 11:03

Kaleo will open in Brussels.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: May 30, 2022 11:04

erikjjf

Great!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 30, 2022 11:33

erikjjf

not again…

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2022 11:36

erikjjf

[Twitter.com] , [Twitter.com]

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: May 30, 2022 11:44

slewan
erikjjf

not again…

Haha they were so incredibly boring! By the time the tour got to Spielberg it felt like Groundhog Day

Date: May 30, 2022 13:29

Reef opening in Munich.

Features Jesse Wood on gtr.

All the family members get invited to open - sounds like we really are on a budget! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 13:30 by Topi.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: May 30, 2022 13:33

Special guest
"Reef"
will be joining the Stones at Olympic Stadium, Munich on June 5.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2022 13:46

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: May 30, 2022 13:52

satisfaction2
Special guest
"Reef"
will be joining the Stones at Olympic Stadium, Munich on June 5.

Great news, they rock!

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: May 30, 2022 14:01

Okay, so Stockholm gets a 65-yr old white guy (Thastrom). Don't know anything about him, I'm sure he's a nice guy. But wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity for Industrial Light & Magic and The Rolling Stones corporation to sponsor the Abba "Abbatars"? We could all see in the home of Abba a preview of what the corporation will be doing for the Stones in 10 years! Come on, this "abbatar thing" is going to catch on big time. Soon, there will be Freddy Mercury, David Bowie, Prince, Michael Jackson avatars touring endlessly...why not give us a Mick & Keith preview??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 14:03 by ron091.

Posted by: KeefFan2003 ()
Date: May 30, 2022 14:03

I expected more for the other concerts when they announced echo and the bunnymen for liverpool. Hopefully Paris as my third and last concert on this tour gets a kicking support act, with munich and Madrid being family affairs... but I'm ready to be surprised positively. See you all in madrid so far! Writing this from the train to munich.

Date: May 30, 2022 14:05

ron091
Okay, so Stockholm gets a 65-yr old white guy (Thastrom). Don't know anything about him, I'm sure he's a nice guy. But wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity for Industrial Light & Magic and The Rolling Stones corporation to sponsor the Abba "Abbatars"? We could all see in the home of Abba a preview of what the corporation will be doing for the Stones in 10 years! Come on, this "abbatar thing" is going to catch on big time. Soon, there will be Freddy Mercury, David Bowie, Prince, Michael Jackson avatars touring endlessly...why not give us a Mick & Keith preview??

You forgot Elvis.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 30, 2022 15:53

I saw Echo & The Bunnymen three times in the 80’s including the last show with Pete de Freitas, the late great drummer who was sadly killed in a motorcycle accident a year after. Their performance in those times was so energetic, so intense, so engaging. I vividly recall the first show I attended (Festival Hall, Osaka, 16 January, 1984) ended in a near riot, the massive stage surge by the crowd. I loved them so much back then.

After that, a long pause ensued until I caught them live again. I added another four shows in this century, of which three were in the UK, the last time 2018. To put it simply, they were shadows of the past — the energy, the intensity, the engaging power all gone along with the charisma of Ian McCalloch. It was sad to see a favorite band that once fascinated me so much going under the fading phase.

The state of the band being as such, I wasn’t that excited with the news of their support of the Stones in Liverpool, the Bunnymen’s home turf — even though I know I am not attending the show.

Sorry my view is a damper on your expectation, for those who look forward to the gig.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 30, 2022 17:59

So my three gigs
- echo and the bunnymen (Liverpool) keen to see them but not expecting much
- Sam fender and Cortney Barrett (hp2) very happy with this
- kaleo (Brussels) not familiar but will try on Spotify

Hp2 aside think last time out (Gallagher, Ashcroft, specials) floated my boat more

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: May 30, 2022 18:15

Whatever it is, it's probably better than Toots & the Maytals 2006... grinning smiley

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: May 30, 2022 19:02

ron091
I hope you do not despise "Old White Men", as this maybe the wrong forumgrinning smiley
Just joking, but please no Abba related music whstsoever

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 31, 2022 04:38

MAF
micha063
I saw 26 Stones shows since 82 and only the J Geils Band was real fun as support act.

....Hockenheim by any chance?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 31, 2022 04:50

calipachangero
ron091
I hope you do not despise "Old White Men", as this maybe the wrong forumgrinning smiley
Just joking, but please no Abba related music whstsoever

They missed their chance. First Aid Kit is the hottest band from Stockholm right now, but then again why would they want an opener like that.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 31, 2022 11:05

MonkeyMan2000
slewan
erikjjf

not again…

Haha they were so incredibly boring! By the time the tour got to Spielberg it felt like Groundhog Day

Yeah didn’t Kaleo support them in Werchter in 2003? I remember them from back then and they were boring AF.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 31, 2022 11:07

john lomax
MonkeyMan2000
slewan
erikjjf

not again…

Yeah didn’t Kaleo support them in Werchter in 2003? I remember them from back then and they were boring AF.

Oh no, sorry, it wasn’t Kaleo, it was someone else. I think I did see Kaleo on another Stones tour though - perhaps it was No Filter?

Date: May 31, 2022 11:17

john lomax
john lomax
MonkeyMan2000
slewan
erikjjf

not again…

Oh no, sorry, it wasn’t Kaleo, it was someone else. I think I did see Kaleo on another Stones tour though - perhaps it was No Filter?

yes Hamburg 2017. Boring but ok.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: May 31, 2022 11:19

PaintMonkeyManBlack
john lomax
john lomax
MonkeyMan2000
slewan
erikjjf

not again…

yes Hamburg 2017. Boring but ok.

I liked their new record and I am happy to see them again

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 31, 2022 11:41

Ghost Hounds in Amsterdam.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: May 31, 2022 18:47

Topi
Wow, War on Drugs! Not bad!
Fantastic band, you will enjoy them as opening act!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-31 18:48 by RSbestbandever.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 31, 2022 21:29

erikjjf

This will be the 3rd or 4th time these guys have warmed up for them. angry smiley
Their band leader is probably paying lots of money for this slot.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: May 31, 2022 22:17

MAF
micha063
Right! I was wrong! I saw AC/DC in Oberhausen as support act and they jamed with the Stones. That was fantastic!

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: June 1, 2022 05:30

spikenyc
erikjjf

This will be the 3rd or 4th time these guys have warmed up for them. angry smiley
Their band leader is probably paying lots of money for this slot.

Amsterdam will be their NINTH, in three tour legs.

1)  03.07.2019 - Washington DC

2)  30.09.2021 - Charlotte

3)  04.10.2021 - Pittsburgh

4)  09.10.2021 - Nashville

5)  14.10.2021 - Los Angeles

6)  29.10.2021 - Tampa

7)  20.11.2021 - Austin

8)  23.11.2021 - Hollywood, Florida

9)  13.06.2022 - Amsterdam

And this is a band:

* that has had no hit albums, no hit songs, not even a popular song.

* with a negligible-to-indiscernable "fan base."

* that didn't even exist (talking here the current, 2.0 version) a year before their 1st opening gig for the Stones

* and that -- this to me is the saddest and most telling -- really doesn't like gigging in any situation where another band, a "name" band, isn't providing the audience.

I can find just 4 total gigs, all small ones, in which they had to attract their own crowds -- and in one of those four it's a little unclear to me who headlined.

Two of the four shows were in a 500-600 capacity club in the Pittsburgh area, Jergels Rhythm Grill. At least the first of the two Jergels shows was (a) free, and (b) if you went you got to meet Pittsburgh Steelers, including then-QB Ben Roethlisberger! (For you Europeans, he's a huuuge deal in Pittsburgh.) Gho$t Hound$ owner/guitarist Thomas Tull also being part-owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

All of you many Gho$t Hound$ fans out there on IORR, please help me out here. Can you find us more gigs where The Rolling Stones' 2019-2022 Opening Act Of Choice wasn't coattailing on another band or performer's popularity to supply the audience?

So far I have just:
1. June 12, 2019: Jergels Rhythm Grill
2. July 28, 2019 - Antone's in Austin TX (I'm not sure who headlined)
3. October 3, 2019 - Thunderbird Cafe, Pittsburgh
[November 2019 they finally put out an album]
4. February 13, 2020 - Jergels Rhythm Grill

GH headlining gigs seem to be super-scarce, so we'll accept any size gig in which GH were the band responsible for providing the crowd.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home