Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: Support Acts - SIXTY Stones Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 22, 2022 22:13

And The Rolling Stones don’t need a support act either!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 22, 2022 22:14

The promoters do to sell beer,food and merch.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 22, 2022 22:36

I wouldn't mind if they did away with opening acts. Maybe 2 sets with an intermission. In total, more time with the Stones!

Date: May 22, 2022 23:18

In 2007 they anounced 3 days before the first show

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 23, 2022 00:27

crholmstrom
I wouldn't mind if they did away with opening acts. Maybe 2 sets with an intermission. In total, more time with the Stones!

Sounds great! I wonder if they take an intermission, if it’s harder for them to get started back up. Not being a musician, I have no idea. That said, I did like it when Roger Waters had a 20 minute intermission a few years back.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 23, 2022 01:21

NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom

Sounds great! I wonder if they take an intermission, if it’s harder for them to get started back up. Not being a musician, I have no idea. That said, I did like it when Roger Waters had a 20 minute intermission a few years back.

& then the Battersea Power station rose out of the floor of the arena.... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 23, 2022 01:54

crholmstrom
NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom

& then the Battersea Power station rose out of the floor of the arena.... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It was an unforgettable experience for me. The vision and execution of that show were genius. And, Roger and his band sounded heavenly. His Wall tour was spectacular, too.

Date: May 23, 2022 02:12

NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom
NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom

It was an unforgettable experience for me. The vision and execution of that show were genius. And, Roger and his band sounded heavenly. His Wall tour was spectacular, too.

After the Stones tour Roger will be my next big shows. If the Stones took a break and did 2 one hour sets it would be great but I can't see them changing now.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 23, 2022 04:19

daspyknows
NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom
NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom

After the Stones tour Roger will be my next big shows. If the Stones took a break and did 2 one hour sets it would be great but I can't see them changing now.

Would be great, but no, they are not making any major changes at this point. These fantasies are fun though.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: May 25, 2022 20:58

Special guests

"Sidonie" and
"Vargas Blues Band feat. John Byron Jagger"

will be joining the Stones at Wanda Metropolitano Stadium, Madrid on June 1.

[m.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-27 10:17 by satisfaction2.

Date: May 25, 2022 22:55

daspyknows
NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom
NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom

If you make it to Roger's Nashville show, I'd like to say hi.

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: May 26, 2022 00:30

So, it’s Thåström for the Stockholm gig?

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: May 26, 2022 11:12

Sam Fender for London is going to be great!

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: May 26, 2022 11:13

War on Drugs and Phoebe Bridgers for first London show. Sam Fender and Courtney Barnett for second London show. Fantastic support acts for both dates.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 26, 2022 11:16

Wow, War on Drugs! Not bad!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 26, 2022 11:19

Here's the full lineup for Hyde Park:

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-26 11:20 by Topi.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 26, 2022 11:33

petewasbristol
War on Drugs and Phoebe Bridgers for first London show. Sam Fender and Courtney Barnett for second London show. Fantastic support acts for both dates.

Sigh. I'll be at the bar.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 26, 2022 11:41

I saw Courtney Barnett open for Blur at the Hollywood Bowl back in 2015, and she was really good back then.
The War on Drugs not so sure about...are a bit bland imo...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 26, 2022 11:47

Topi
Wow, War on Drugs! Not bad!

Really good band. Will be watching them.

Posted by: MRROLLING ()
Date: May 26, 2022 13:26

Madrid : the groups Sidonie and Vargas Blues Band accompanied by John Byron Jagger, Mick's nephew

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 26, 2022 13:27

Sam fender yesssssssss

Date: May 26, 2022 13:59

War on Drugs is fantastic! Lucky people !

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: May 26, 2022 14:15

MRROLLING
Madrid : the groups Sidonie and Vargas Blues Band accompanied by John Byron Jagger, Mick's nephew

Does the band hate Spain? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Maybe We Spaniards don't deserve eye popping smiley War on Drugs or Echo and... but THIS?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-26 14:43 by spain73.

Posted by: jstanek ()
Date: May 26, 2022 14:25

MRROLLING

sorry, but this is just weaak

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: May 26, 2022 14:30

spain73
MRROLLING

Does the band hate Spain? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley It seem, Burning deserve it, but if not, Los Zigarros even if they repeat, Los Fusiles.... there are some better bands!!

Date: May 26, 2022 17:59

jstanek
MRROLLING

sorry, but this is just weaak

As bad as Prague the last time in Europe. Al least London has a good opening lineup.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 27, 2022 21:56

I must be getting old…..

Or I’m just out of touch……

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 28, 2022 14:53

For those less familiar with the excellent Sam fender this song won the Ivor Novello last week for song writing and musical arrangement - referred to in sone quarters as ‘the Geordie Bruce Springsteen’ I saw him a few weeks ago in Berlin - excellent addition to HP2 and fills arenas in the uk as a headliner (Berlin gig was about 8000 I think, upcoming us tour sold out)

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 28, 2022 15:43

Thanks. I get the comparison of Sam Fender to Bruce. Not really my cup of tea. I checked out The War On Drugs too as I’d never heard of them either. They’re ok. I’d prefer them to Fender but neither is really great imo

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: May 28, 2022 15:47

I saw 26 Stones shows since 82 and only the J Geils Band was real fun as support act.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1447
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home