Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: Support Acts - SIXTY Stones Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 2, 2022 21:14

snoopy2
Samantha Fish

She shreds on guitar and better than any of the openers I saw on the last tour (Glorious Sons, Ghost Hounds & Maneskin). Also nice on the eyes. Would be happy to see her open a few shows. Will see her again when she passes through my area.

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: May 2, 2022 21:51

I don't care who opens for what city. For me the Stones have always chosen really good openers. This thread made me put this together to realize how many great acts I've seen just with the Stones. (31 shows total, some times 2x or 3x in a city; 16 different venues)

72 Forum Stevie Wonder
73 Forum Cheech & Chong ; Santana
75 Forum Eagles ; Rufus & Chaka Khan ; The Gap Band
78 Anaheim Outlaws ; Peter Tosh ; Etta James
81 Coliseum Prince ; J Geils ; George Thorogood
89 Coliseum Guns N Roses ; Living Colour
94 Rose Bowl Buddy Guy ; Red Hot Chili Peppers
97 Dodger Stadium Wallflowers
99 Anaheim Bryan Adams
02 SF Cheryl Crow
05 Anaheim Toots and the Maytals
05 Hollywood Joss Stone
06 Boise Blue October
06 Dodger Stadium Bonnie Raitt
12 O2 none
13 Honda none
13 San Jose none
15 San Diego Gary Clarke Jr
16 Las Vegas none (don't think so anyway and don't remember!)
18 London Liam Gallagher
19 Philadelphia Des Rocs
19 Rose Bowl Kaleo
21 LA The Glorious Sons

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 2, 2022 22:04

Probably get more Ghost Hounds, if they pony up more money to be on the bill. What a joke. There is nothing rock n' roll about that fantasy band camp garbage.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 3, 2022 01:47

snoopy2
Samantha Fish

that would be a nice one for her as she's pretty much unknown in Europe. Although saying that, they'd almost certainly got for acts that ARE better known.

She was on the bill for the Stones JazzFest show that got cancelled a couple of years ago.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: May 3, 2022 12:35

Talking about female guitar slingers, Joanne Shaw Taylor would surely appeal to a lot of Stones fans and introduce her to a bigger audience. She's very good live.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 3, 2022 13:55

They do not announce support acts until shortly before the tour is on. By then they know if some shows have sold slowly, or if all shows are sold out. In the past they have brought on AC DC (Europe shows) and Metallica (SF shows) to move tickets successfully. These days I think most shows sell out fast, so they might have any act as support.

Last year we had "Ghost Hounds" during several shows. Some said they actually paid to be supporting, I don't know if that is true or not. Their guitarist Thomas Tull is a billionaire who is playing just for fun, so I would not be surprised if that rumour is true.

Måneskin was great, I hope to see them more, they are average age 23 vs Stones average age quite a bit more.

I guess we will know more about the support acts soon.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-03 13:57 by bv.

Opening acts Euro Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: May 4, 2022 00:22

Any ideo who is warming up shows for the Stones in this tour? Any tour without warming up show so far? Less than a month and counting.
Carlitos
Tenerife

Re: Opening acts Euro Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 4, 2022 00:39

M Clan , spanish band deserves make the opening act in Madrid!!!

this band really rocks and have a great discography and a great live show!

"Ponme a los Stones para aterrizar mejor"!

Date: May 4, 2022 09:30

In 2007 i saw Loquillo y los Trogloditas. They were awesome.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: May 7, 2022 12:25

Still got my money on Robert Cray, but Patti Smith and Brian Wilson are also over in uk/europe May-July. Patti would be great but RC could join the band for a blues song or two, and is a good friend of SJ

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 7, 2022 12:32

Speaking of Brian Wilson, the Beach Boys are playing the Royal Albert Hall the night before the Stones' 1st Hyde Park show.

Their tour moniker: "Sixty Years of the Sounds of Summer"

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 7, 2022 12:37

ukcal
Still got my money on Robert Cray, but Patti Smith and Brian Wilson are also over in uk/europe May-July. Patti would be great but RC could join the band for a blues song or two, and is a good friend of SJ

Cray's tour schedule is very tight (see: [robertcray.com]), so it's rather unlikely that he opens for the Stones. Brian Wilson and Patti Smith are very unlikely opening act since they just appeal to a rather small part or typical Stones audiences. Beside that Patti's tour schedule is also very tight (See: [www.pattismith.net])
Brian Wilson is touring the Us from early June to late July…

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: May 7, 2022 12:45

slewan
ukcal

Cray's tour schedule is very tight (see: [robertcray.com]), so it's rather unlikely that he opens for the Stones. Brian Wilson and Patti Smith are very unlikely opening act since they just appeal to a rather small part or typical Stones audiences. Beside that Patti's tour schedule is also very tight (See: [www.pattismith.net])

RC will be in Sweden around the Stockholm gig, but that is the only one date he could fit in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-07 12:48 by Domonkos.

Date: May 7, 2022 12:49

Domonkos
slewan
ukcal

RC will be in Sweden around the Stockholm gig, but that is the only date he could fit in.

Not, he plays in Sweden at the end of June, not the end of July!

Brussels might be an option, but unlikely. On July 10 he's in Hengelo and in Berlin on July 12 and opening for the Stones in Brussels would mean that he has to play 8 shows in a row…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-07 13:03 by slewan.

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: May 7, 2022 12:52

slewan
Domonkos
slewan
ukcal

Not, he plays in Sweden at the end of June, not the end of July!

True, hope my flights and hotel bookings are okay... grinning smiley

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: May 8, 2022 09:52

daspyknows
snoopy2
Samantha Fish

She shreds on guitar and better than any of the openers I saw on the last tour (Glorious Sons, Ghost Hounds & Maneskin). Also nice on the eyes. Would be happy to see her open a few shows. Will see her again when she passes through my area.

I see Samantha Fish as an ideal opener for a Stones concert. I told her as much after a show in November. I'd just seen her rip things up again... and was still annoyed about being subjected to another of Thomas Tull's ego trips a month earlier in Nashville, line-crashing in front of authentic working bands.

Samantha, in contrast, is the very opposite of a rich guy's later-life vanity project. She's a Kansas City blues rocker who's been doing this, working the road, burning up stages, and paying her dues since her teens. She's very much the real deal.

I told her she should be getting offered and performing in one of those spots, and I don't see why the Stones organization doesn't make that happen.

Her reply: "You and me both, brother."

Date: May 8, 2022 09:54

beside all rumors and wishful thinking. Isn't it time to announce the support acts? (When were they announced for the last tours?)

Date: May 8, 2022 10:43

slewan
ukcal

I think Patti will appeal to most of the Stones fans. Saw her two times, she is fantastic.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 8, 2022 11:15

slewan
beside all rumors and wishful thinking. Isn't it time to announce the support acts? (When were they announced for the last tours?)

Looks like the UK opening acts were announced on April 23, 2018, just about a month before the first UK show in London.

[www.officialcharts.com]

The 2019 US opening acts were announced on June 5, 2019.

[bestclassicbands.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-08 11:18 by Topi.

Date: May 8, 2022 22:42

KeefFan2003
There are some great european younger bands out and around. Fontaines D.C. come to my mind.

Saw them in their N. American tour opener in Washington D.C. just over 2 weeks ago. Awesome. IMO currently the best punk band in the world... tho Amyl and the Sniffers are great too. For anyone inclined to check them out, I recommend A Hero's Death (2020) and their debut Dogrel (2019) over their new album Skinty Fia... which I have on right now, differs from their first two, and definitely takes some warming up to.

Their touring schedule is heavy this year so IDK if they'd be able to fit in opening a '22 Europe Stones show. But that'd make for one memorable concert.

A little "current affairs" sidelight:

Like proper punk bands of old Fontaines have political aspects; theirs are Irish politics, of course. Washington D.C.'s is a politically attuned populace. In the 9:30 Club a Ukrainian flag hung from a balcony rail. By the encore break I was pretty much on the front rail. I took off my Ukraine flag pin and tossed it onstage. When the band did their 3 song encore they were charged up and focused and none of them picked it up, if they noticed it at all (it fell face down). Guitarist Conor Curley did step on it moody smiley. As Grian Chatten was working himself up for the final song (Nabokov) unexpectedly he was right there on the floor, stalking the rail an arm's length away. I pointed and told him Get the Ukraine Pin, but he was in a state, in a zone, and of course didn't know WTF I was trying to tell him.

When the show was over a roadie picked the pin up and indicated he'd get it to the band.

The next night they played Philly. I checked the youtube vids. Nope, none of "the front four" was wearing the pin, and I couldn't tell about drummer Tom Coll.

Then, tho, I did see it. A roadie (a different one) up front changing a mic for a song was wearing it. Okay. That's good too. It was being worn and getting a least a little onstage visibility. Better than nothing smiling smiley

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-08 22:43 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Date: May 8, 2022 23:03

TheBluesHadaBaby
daspyknows
snoopy2
Samantha Fish

I see Samantha Fish as an ideal opener for a Stones concert. I told her as much after a show in November. I'd just seen her rip things up again... and was still annoyed about being subjected to another of Thomas Tull's ego trips a month earlier in Nashville, line-crashing in front of authentic working bands.

Samantha, in contrast, is the very opposite of a rich guy's later-life vanity project. She's a Kansas City blues rocker who's been doing this, working the road, burning up stages, and paying her dues since her teens. She's very much the real deal.

I told her she should be getting offered and performing in one of those spots, and I don't see why the Stones organization doesn't make that happen.

Her reply: "You and me both, brother."

I agree, she is better than any of the opening acts I have seen for the Stones in years (Bob Dylan included) and has paid her dues. Another act is First Aid Kit. If ticket sales are lacking in Stockholm it would sell tickets although I am hoping for Hyde Park 2 or Brussels.

Date: May 11, 2022 00:03

carlitosbaez
Any ideo who is warming up shows for the Stones in this tour? Any tour without warming up show so far? Less than a month and counting.
Carlitos
Tenerife

rogerriffin
M Clan , spanish band deserves make the opening act in Madrid!!!

this band really rocks and have a great discography and a great live show! "Ponme a los Stones para aterrizar mejor"!

How is Hinds regarded in Spain? They're not what you'd call highly accomplished... more of just a girl garage band that's gained a little popularity.

But from their music and vids of their shows they sure seem to be having a good time onstage. Lotta youthful energy happening, which ain't a bad thing. Their crowds look to be having fun, too.

Don't know if they'd be overwhelmed by a full Madrid stadium. They have played in some big festivals, though.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 14, 2022 19:06

They should get Amyl & the Sniffers to open a show or 2 for them. I just saw them Wednesday & they were amazing. Musically think Iggy & the Stooges with a very talented lady singer named Amy Taylor. I've seen hundreds of concerts so I'm fairly jaded at this point but this band blew me away. They would definitely get people woken up for the main course. A band definitely on the way up & to watch especially Amy. She's a force of nature!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 14, 2022 20:06

The Dirty Knobs would be great, too. They're opening on the west coast of the US for the Who in the fall. I suspect Mike Campbell doing a few Tom Petty songs would go over extremely well. His new material is great, too.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: May 14, 2022 20:19

Simple Minds are touring Europe.
A usual suspect.

Date: May 15, 2022 11:54

little more than two weeks to go and we don't even know the support acts…

Date: May 15, 2022 18:17

The auction to open for the Stones is ending on EBay soon.Ghost Hounds lead the bidding in most venues (jk)

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 16, 2022 03:29

I guess I was one of the few who actually enjoyed the ghost hounds

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 16, 2022 17:07

VoodooLounge13
I guess I was one of the few who actually enjoyed the ghost hounds

I don't hate their music, just how they paid their way onto stage.

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: May 16, 2022 23:12

I saw Amyl and the Sniffers this weekend in Chicago. I loved their show so much!! Unfortunately they are touring with Green Day in Europe.

The Dirty Knobs are booked this summer too. I saw them in April. Catchy tunes!

Leaving room for The Ghost Hounds. Lol, once was good. Have the Stones recycled openers?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-16 23:14 by Chitown23.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1957
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home