Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Support Acts - SIXTY Stones Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: March 15, 2022 16:29

I don’t know if it’s already asiel here or maybe I’m too early. But do we know who the support acts are?

The support acts in The Netherlands are Dutch acts most of the time. In 2017 we had Van Morrison who was great to have. And for the BtB tour we had Toots and the Maytals.

I hope we get a decent act like Sheryl Crow for instance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-15 16:38 by bv.

Re: Support Acts
Date: March 15, 2022 16:31

Van Morrison was 2007 right? 10 years earlier. However he only played 2 songs before hell broke loose.

Re: Support Acts - SIXTY Stones Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: KeefFan2003 ()
Date: March 15, 2022 16:43

There are some great european younger bands out and around. Fontaines D.C. come to my mind.

Re: Support Acts
Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: March 15, 2022 17:03

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Van Morrison was 2007 right? 10 years earlier. However he only played 2 songs before hell broke loose.

Yes you are right. Time flies

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 15, 2022 17:24

Mavis Staples is touring Europe in June.
Could possibly see her as support one night?

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 15, 2022 17:26

Hoping for Måneskin and the Struts grinning smiley

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 15, 2022 17:44

John Mayer is my bet. His US tour falls perfectly in time for The Stones tour, has connections to Steve Jordan and has liked recent Stones social media activity about the new tour.

I love John Mayer so from a personal perspective he would be perfect if he was on for Hyde Park at the very least (he supported the Stones in Rome a few years back as well and was a great opener for them!)

Date: March 15, 2022 17:44

don't get your hopes up. Maneskin, John Mayer are very big bands in Europe.

Date: March 15, 2022 17:54

PaintMonkeyManBlack
don't get your hopes up. Maneskin, John Mayer are very big bands in Europe.

Kaleo isn't a small band either, yet they openend up for the Stones in Munich on 2017...plus I think due to Corona, Måneskin didn't really get to tour much in Europe yet, since they only became truly popular here after winning Eurovision last year, before only people in Italy knew them

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: March 15, 2022 21:36

Just don't be surprised if Tom Tull buys one or more opening slots in Europe, too. He's a movie industry billionaire. Legend Studios of Dark Knight Trilogy fame was his; he's sold it, cashed out, since. He assembled the late 2018-to-date Ghost Hounds, I believe, for his own ego gratification, specifically to open for the Rolling Stones. Like fantasy baseball camp, except much more exclusive and expensive. I expect his band to disappear again after there are no more Rolling Stones concerts to purchase the opening gigs for.

So I wonder if this year he's going to buy a slot, or more, in Europe, out from under more deserving, actual working bands that don't have a billionaire owner-guitarist.

I don't blame the musicians he hired, or frontman (who has a good voice and is a pretty solid performer). I'm sure Tull pays well. It's a job, and musicians need to work.

And I do applaud Tull's philanthropy.
[en.wikipedia.org]

I just wish he wasn't pursuing his love of rock n roll in this way.

My very first Stones concert, Stevie Wonder opened, so I was thoroughly astounded even before the headliners came out.

Last year, though, I got Ghost Hounds. A vanity project band.

In 2019, I got Ghost Hounds.

I hope you folks across the water get something else. Maneskin, Fontaines D.C. (who I'll see in DC next month)... they'd both be great.

And I always plug my favorite young English band since 2018: Wolf Alice. (Seeing them again next week.)

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 15, 2022 21:45

John Mayer seems SO big to open this tour, at least on a regular basis. I get that a lot of bands will sacrifice something to open for the Stones, and I could see John doing that too, but for a show or two, not for a whole tour. He's far too big.

Date: March 15, 2022 21:48

RollingFreak
John Mayer seems SO big to open this tour, at least on a regular basis. I get that a lot of bands will sacrifice something to open for the Stones, and I could see John doing that too, but for a show or two, not for a whole tour. He's far too big.

They always have like 4-5 supporting acts who each play 2-3 shows or so, so it could happen like that...wish we would get Gary Clark Jr. too like some lucky folks did in 2019 in the US...

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: March 15, 2022 21:58

I'm wondering if Grace Jones might do one of the Hyde Park shows.
Reason being, she was originally confirmed on the line-up with Duran Duran and Nile Rodgers & Chic. But the show was re-advertised after the postponements with no mention of Grace.

She will be in London in June as she's curating Meltdown Festival at the South Bank Centre, so it could be that it was decided to switch her to one of the Stones dates.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 15, 2022 22:11

RollingFreak

I agree about not doing the whole tour. I saw him at the O2 in London in 2019 and you can see how big he has become. However, I could see him doing both Hyde Park gigs. He just liked the latest Stones post about the tour as well...we shall see!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 15, 2022 23:35

Really hope First Aid Kit gets one of the Hyde Park shows. They are doing Bristol and Glastonbury the same week.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 15, 2022 23:42

bart-man
The support acts in The Netherlands are Dutch acts most of the time.

Maybe Waylon or Danny Vera?

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 15, 2022 23:48

TheBluesHadaBaby
Just don't be surprised if Tom Tull buys one or more opening slots in Europe, too. He's a movie industry billionaire. Legend Studios of Dark Knight Trilogy fame was his; he's sold it, cashed out, since. He assembled the late 2018-to-date Ghost Hounds, I believe, for his own ego gratification, specifically to open for the Rolling Stones. Like fantasy baseball camp, except much more exclusive and expensive. I expect his band to disappear again after there are no more Rolling Stones concerts to purchase the opening gigs for.

So I wonder if this year he's going to buy a slot, or more, in Europe, out from under more deserving, actual working bands that don't have a billionaire owner-guitarist.

I don't blame the musicians he hired, or frontman (who has a good voice and is a pretty solid performer). I'm sure Tull pays well. It's a job, and musicians need to work.

[en.wikipedia.org]

My very first Stones concert, Stevie Wonder opened, so I was thoroughly astounded even before the headliners came out.

I hope you folks across the water get something else. Maneskin, Fontaines D.C. (who I'll see in DC next month)... they'd both be great.

And I always plug my favorite young English band since 2018: Wolf Alice. (Seeing them again next week.)

Sorry but a rich guy with his own band, paying to warmup for the Stones doesnt really seem right?
I saw them in Florida and was not impressed.
There are many other hard-working bands that deserve this, more then some rich guy paying for the privilege.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 16, 2022 00:07

Hellacopters for Stockholm again as at The Cirkus 03 and National Stadium 2017, Trombone Shorty were great as well in 2018. That french band, Elephant summat, in Paris, were kinda Bowie-esqe, rather quirky but somehow fitting.

Are there any soul/blues giants left who could open up otherwise? Haven't they all croaked?

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 16, 2022 00:11

Buddy Guy?

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 16, 2022 01:24

I hope Maneskin @ San Siro.
They are touring festivals this summer but still available on June 21.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-16 01:44 by a bigger nut.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 16, 2022 03:24

spikenyc
TheBluesHadaBaby

[en.wikipedia.org]

Sorry but a rich guy with his own band, paying to warmup for the Stones doesnt really seem right?
I saw them in Florida and was not impressed.
There are many other hard-working bands that deserve this, more then some rich guy paying for the privilege.

I saw them at one of the L.A. shows and they were very bland...phony...the only positive was the singer who had lots of charisma and stage presence, but his singing wasn't very memorable.
Hopefully they stay away from the upcoming mini-tour, and the Stones will have some genuine, sincere, and original bands opening for them.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 16, 2022 04:55

Now I am listening Sweet Summer Sun.
Then who played before the stones?
Same acts for 2 nights?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 16, 2022 16:36

TheBluesHadaBaby

[en.wikipedia.org]

I personally quite enjoyed the Ghost Hounds.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 17, 2022 16:29

Curious as to who else will be playing the Hyde festival shows.

Noticed Foo Fighters are in town and playing gigs between the two Hyde's.
Liked that they didn't have any "guests" last year, but if they do for these, Grohl would be great imo.

An "Easy Sleazy" live performance?
Lol.. not likely but "Bitch" or "IORR" would be great thumbs up

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 17, 2022 16:34

Mavis or Buddy Guy would do me, nothing less for this tour as it is surely The Last Time.....

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: March 17, 2022 16:54

My dream support acts would be Liam Gallagher again, The Darkness, The Struts or Maneskin!

Date: March 17, 2022 16:59

Liam Gallagher releases his new record this spring. So do Fontaines D.C. to support the stones is probably the best live promotion ever. Many great indie/rock bands are in europe in june and july as its the festival season, primavera Barcelona, countless festivals in the UK, Tempelhofer field in Berlin and so on. For their 60th anniversary they'll find good ones, I'm sure. They had the black keys, john mayer, tom waits and so many great others for their 50th anniversary.

Edit : those were special guests, my mistake. But I'm still sure they'll have great openers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-17 17:07 by KeefFan2003.

Date: March 17, 2022 17:13

KeefFan2003
Liam Gallagher releases his new record this spring. So do Fontaines D.C. to support the stones is probably the best live promotion ever. Many great indie/rock bands are in europe in june and july as its the festival season, primavera Barcelona, countless festivals in the UK, Tempelhofer field in Berlin and so on. For their 60th anniversary they'll find good ones, I'm sure. They had the black keys, john mayer, tom waits and so many great others for their 50th anniversary.

Edit : those were special guests, my mistake. But I'm still sure they'll have great openers.

that's a good point about many great indie bands being there in these months anyway...Greta van Fleet e.g. grinning smiley

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 17, 2022 18:31

Just found out that Robert Cray is all over europe/uk May - July, and is free on the 3 UK dates. Not a bad support act...maybe a little to good!

And by the way, Steve Jordan did produce and co-write his last couple of cds

Date: March 20, 2022 16:13

I'd love to have Tame Impala supporting the stones. I think I read somewhere that Mick mentioned them in some Interview but I could be wrong.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home