Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - The Cult 2022
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 15, 2022 05:11

Oh my. Another English band that I love is going on tour! And working on a new album.

Since A BIGGER BANG The Cult have released 3 LPs! 2007, 2012, 2016. They aren't the Stones but at least they continue to be creative.

I have tickets to see them, with a dear friend, in Biloxi, Mississippi. As with any "big" purchase regarding social aspects, I paid for ticket insurance in case the show is, for a third time, cancelled.

They tour later this spring with Alice Cooper at the end of May - early June, if I read the Euro dates (so @#$%& backwards!) correctly.

Re: OT - The Cult 2022
Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: March 15, 2022 17:25

Interesting you post this. I was shopping in Trader Joe’s recently & they were playing She sells Sanctuary by the Cult. I started dancing right there. Another customer smiled approvingly. I now use this song to raise my energy before a mediumship reading. Maybe I’ll catch them in San Diego although Stones in Europe will probably use up my entire concert budget - & more!

Date: March 25, 2022 04:05

I got tickets for me and my friend in Biloxi. She's never seen The Cult yet alone the Stones. She's young. Been sharing songs with her.

She's in for a surprise.

Looking forward to it - and then it's Jazz Fest!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 25, 2022 04:10

I wish you guys well, also love the Cult. Saw them on a tour with STP and Bush, band was good but Ian's going a bit 'Paul McCartney'.

Hopefully it was just a bad night.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 2, 2022 21:02

treaclefingers
I wish you guys well, also love the Cult. Saw them on a tour with STP and Bush, band was good but Ian's going a bit 'Paul McCartney'.

Hopefully it was just a bad night.

I saw this same tour, and I quite enjoyed Ian's voice. Caught them in Long Island. Trying to get my sons into them. Can't believe the closest they're coming to the Northeast is Memphis!!!

Date: May 2, 2022 21:54

Just saw the Biloxi show. Holy CRAP they were excellent. Way better than 2019!

Date: May 3, 2022 06:01

Not the show I went to but just as good:

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 3, 2022 16:05

I saw them a few years ago with Primal Scream. PS played first. I left a few songs into the Cult set, must've been a bad night. I've seen them well spread out through the years. Probably the best time was when they opened for Metallica on the Justice tour.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 3, 2022 20:39

From St. Pete Fl

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: May 3, 2022 21:18

One of my favorite bands that I have seen over more than a dozen times over the years.

Bought all the Instant Live CD's and thumb drives from their tours years back.

Hopefully they add some Massachusetts dates this summer.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: May 4, 2022 00:12

English band? The Cult have been based in LA for eons.

Date: May 4, 2022 06:57

rbk
English band? The Cult have been based in LA for eons.

Where are the Stones based vs known as?

I suppose you're right in one aspect - they call themselves a UK band. I'm the one that called them an English band.

Date: May 4, 2022 06:59

oldschool
One of my favorite bands that I have seen over more than a dozen times over the years.

Bought all the Instant Live CD's and thumb drives from their tours years back.

Hopefully they add some Massachusetts dates this summer.

They're working on a new album, while finishing up the A SONIC TEMPLE tour dates leftover from the 2019-20 tours. The Alice Cooper dates are new. They have a few things coming up this summer in the states but I'm guessing they'll do a fall/winter/spring tour with the new LP.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 4, 2022 11:35

How is Ian Asbury's singing voice doing these days? Last time I heard him, he sounded pretty weak.

Date: May 4, 2022 12:23

Father Ted
How is Ian Asbury's singing voice doing these days? Last time I heard him, he sounded pretty weak.

Check out the videos above. Much better, I'd say.

Date: May 4, 2022 13:19

saw them once. Loudest concert ever.

Great band

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 5, 2022 00:57

Back in the day, the Cult had Mickey Curry on drums, who was Bryan Adam's drummer. He played on Sonic Temple which was recorded in Vancouver so he didn't have far to travel! What an awesome album that is, great songs, great sound and a cool cover with Billy Duffy in full rock star pose!

Date: May 5, 2022 06:50

Father Ted

He's in top form.

Date: May 5, 2022 06:54

DGA35
Back in the day, the Cult had Mickey Curry on drums, who was Bryan Adam's drummer. He played on Sonic Temple which was recorded in Vancouver so he didn't have far to travel! What an awesome album that is, great songs, great sound and a cool cover with Billy Duffy in full rock star pose!

Mickey recorded on SONIC TEMPLE and CEREMONY and even played on some live recordings at A&M for radio before Michael Lee became their drummer in 1991.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1601
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home