Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: Stockholm Sweden 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: July 29, 2022 17:53

PIT A available again

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 29, 2022 18:35

kitoise

Can somebody post a photo/scan of the today paper 'Aftonbladet' Fredag please?

Looks like the Stones-content is in a separate magazine-part (Plus):

The Stones machine rolls into Sweden: "A miracle that defies a whole series of natural laws" - [eTidning.Aftonbladet.se] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-29 19:45 by Irix.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: July 29, 2022 19:48

Well my flight from LHR-ARN scheduled for tomorrow has now been cancelled, so I am now flying on Sunday and will not land until 5:40pm, which is going to be tight!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 29, 2022 20:39

The last giant stadium show this summer...
I have a good feeling it will be a fun one, and no doubt it will be better than the bland poster/t-shirt design.
Not expecting anything beyond what's already been done this summer as far as setlists, but imagine they'll be giving it their all.
Then again, one more grand finale show to follow at the smallish venue in Berlin (capacity 22,000) - hopefully that will be one for the ages.
With that in mind, they might play it extra safe and hold back at Friends Arena in Stockholm while reserving enough energy to make it to the finish line.
Hoping Mick is 100%, while the band's on stage and it's one of those nights....speaking of which, If You Can't Rock Me would be a great surprise to the setlist!

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: July 29, 2022 20:51

Thanks a lot Irix for these 2 high quality images!
Can you help in the next days with swedish newspapers/magazines? It were great.
Thanks again for your kind help!

Date: July 29, 2022 21:29

Mr Jimmy
Well my flight from LHR-ARN scheduled for tomorrow has now been cancelled, so I am now flying on Sunday and will not land until 5:40pm, which is going to be tight!
That is really bad and unlucky at this late stage. Sending positive vibes to you and see you Sunday.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: July 29, 2022 21:41

Manofwealthandtaste
Mr Jimmy
That is really bad and unlucky at this late stage. Sending positive vibes to you and see you Sunday.

Thankyou kindly!

As long as I make it to the Pit in time for those all important six words...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 29, 2022 22:27

Hope you make it OK, Mr. Jimmy!

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: July 29, 2022 22:40

Read somewhere on this board (show topic Gelsenkirchen I believe) that someone did not get a PIT wristband, because there weren't any left. Any chance this happens in Stockholm? Would this also mean you won't be able to leave the PIT? Would be a little disaster, I need to use the toilets 1 or 2 times and also would like to get some beers during the long wait.
Never heard of this before by the way.

Date: July 29, 2022 22:46

jackflash27
Read somewhere on this board (show topic Gelsenkirchen I believe) that someone did not get a PIT wristband, because there weren't any left. Any chance this happens in Stockholm? Would this also mean you won't be able to leave the PIT? Would be a little disaster, I need to use the toilets 1 or 2 times and also would like to get some beers during the long wait.
Never heard of this before by the way.

You would get in with your ticket which opens new possibilities…

Posted by: TransmaniaconMC ()
Date: July 29, 2022 23:03

Hi girl from Gelsenkirchen! Did you already make it to Stockholm? Don't forget to greet (you know...)

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: July 29, 2022 23:43

Mr Jimmy
You will be fine.

The stadium in not that far from the airport 30mins by train. The train station is very close to the stadium so even with slow costums, You will be at the stadium around 7pm. The opener starts at 7:30. So you even have time to eat a the mall next to the stadium.

At least in 2017 there was a cloakroom inside the stadium so you could leave some stuff there.

If you need to go to to the hotel to leave your luggage before the gig, yes. Time will be tight.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 30, 2022 06:06

deeeskannnie
drbryant
After Brussels’ unknown glass house this is the second t-shirt that really isn’t
Associated with the city of the concert.

Wrong - that royal greenhouse, used for the Brussels design, IS (in fact: very-very much) "associated with the city of the concert."
YOU just don't (didn't) know about it...
...But I bet you do now; and that's a plus, imo -
that it broadens one's horizon, every once in a while.

(Obviously not commenting here on this Stockholm design though.)

OK you convinced me - I’ll order the t-shirt. I’ve only visited Brussels a couple of times and always for a day or so on business (if that’s an excuse for my lack of knowledge).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-30 07:06 by drbryant.

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: July 30, 2022 09:57

When and where can you pick up your lucky dip tickets?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 30, 2022 10:01

IsakSun
When and where can you pick up your lucky dip tickets?

These information will be provided by E-Mail. I think it will arrive today but it is usually at the time the gates open so I will think 4:30!

Date: July 30, 2022 10:02

Saw there's a free festival at the Kungsträdgården today with Danko Jones headlining.

[kungstradgarden.stockholm]

Doors open 11 AM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-30 10:40 by Topi.

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: July 30, 2022 12:27

drbryant
deeeskannnie
drbryant
After Brussels’ unknown glass house this is the second t-shirt that really isn’t
Associated with the city of the concert.

Wrong - that royal greenhouse, used for the Brussels design, IS (in fact: very-very much) "associated with the city of the concert."
YOU just don't (didn't) know about it...
...But I bet you do now; and that's a plus, imo -
that it broadens one's horizon, every once in a while.

(Obviously not commenting here on this Stockholm design though.)

OK you convinced me - I’ll order the t-shirt. I’ve only visited Brussels a couple of times and always for a day or so on business (if that’s an excuse for my lack of knowledge).

Donrt worry about it - and rest assured: you'll look great in it. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: July 30, 2022 12:49

Could someone please confirm the bags restriction are the same like in every other shows this tour?

thanks.

Date: July 30, 2022 12:56

From [FriendsArena.se] :

"Bags that are brought into the arena may be a maximum of 16x11cm, other bags need to be left at the power storage. You will find this at entrance Bx, E and Gate 1. Cost is 100 SEK/bag, only card payment."

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: July 30, 2022 13:00

Topi
Saw there's a free festival at the Kungsträdgården today with Danko Jones headlining.

Doors open 11 AM.
The Rasmus guys seem to be in the same plane as me. Just about to take off.

Date: July 30, 2022 13:00

Irix
From [FriendsArena.se] :

"Bags that are brought into the arena may be a maximum of 16x11cm, other bags need to be left at the power storage. You will find this at entrance Bx, E and Gate 1. Cost is 100 SEK/bag, only card payment."

Thanks. That means rules are the same or different? I'm confused.

Date: July 30, 2022 13:05

Oriongalaxy

That means rules are the same or different?

Different from venue to venue. Mostly it was 21x15cm (A5) - [iorr.org] - sometimes it was 30x21cm (A4) or 30x30cm when the bag is transparent.

Date: July 30, 2022 13:10

Irix
Oriongalaxy

That means rules are the same or different?

Different from venue to venue. Mostly it was 21x15cm (A5) - [iorr.org] - sometimes it was 30x21cm (A4) or 30x30cm when the bag is transparent.

And does anyone know how strict the security is about bag size? Most venues I went to, people were carrying very different bags and have been allowed inside, no matter of restrictions (they carry water, blankets, big backpacs etc.)

Date: July 30, 2022 13:20

Oriongalaxy

And does anyone know how strict the security is about bag size?

Depends on how strict the specific security staff is .... and people are different.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 30, 2022 13:26

Have they not released the vote songs for Stockholm?

Date: July 30, 2022 13:29

padre69
Topi

Doors open 11 AM.
The Rasmus guys seem to be in the same plane as me. Just about to take off.

Nice! I know the guy who does the sound for The Rasmus, that's how I found out they were gonna be in town.

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: July 30, 2022 14:42

MadMax
Have they not released the vote songs for Stockholm?

I won't be surprised if there are no vote songs any longer this tour.
Last 2 gigs neither.

Posted by: youngsbest ()
Date: July 30, 2022 14:56

The Terry O'Neill exhibition at Fotografiska is worth seeing if you are around. Some great Stones pics, amongst many others. It's 5-10 mins walk from Slussen metro, though lots of roadworks, so look for the orange signs or ask someone for directions. There's a great interview with Terry. The first assignment in 1963 for the newspaper he worked for was to photograph the Beatles at Abbey Road. When he had finished, he told the paper 'We must do a feature on the Rolling Stones, as they are much better than the Beatles. So my first two professional jobs were the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. I started at the top and carried on from there!'

Posted by: alreadyoverme ()
Date: July 30, 2022 15:11

youngsbest
The Terry O'Neill exhibition at Fotografiska is worth seeing if you are around. Some great Stones pics, amongst many others. It's 5-10 mins walk from Slussen metro, though lots of roadworks, so look for the orange signs or ask someone for directions. There's a great interview with Terry. The first assignment in 1963 for the newspaper he worked for was to photograph the Beatles at Abbey Road. When he had finished, he told the paper 'We must do a feature on the Rolling Stones, as they are much better than the Beatles. So my first two professional jobs were the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. I started at the top and carried on from there!'

Good to know! I'll be checking it out later today grinning smiley

Date: July 30, 2022 15:52

Now got to the Quality Hotel Friends, and who do I see at the lobby? DandelionPowderman, RobberBride and Kurt! smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home