Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13
Re: Stockholm Sweden 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 5, 2022 21:21

DeanGoodman
slewan
Oriongalaxy
Is Abba Museum worth visiting?

I'd rather visit the Wasa museum which is more or less next doors

A museum about Swedish crackers? You had me excited for a minute.

The ABBA Museum is appropriately superficial, with a good section on their folkie roots in various incarnations. The display on their low-budget videos was interesting - i.e., the f/x tricks used by director Lasse Hallstrom. (Spoiler: The opening sunset on the Fernando video is just a picture from a magazine.)

Yep, the Vasa ship is spelled with a V grinning smiley

I was pleasantly surprised visiting the museum a couple of weeks back. I would recommend a visit...

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 5, 2022 21:24

MadMax
DeanGoodman
slewan
Oriongalaxy

I'd rather visit the Wasa museum which is more or less next doors

A museum about Swedish crackers? You had me excited for a minute.

The ABBA Museum is appropriately superficial, with a good section on their folkie roots in various incarnations. The display on their low-budget videos was interesting - i.e., the f/x tricks used by director Lasse Hallstrom. (Spoiler: The opening sunset on the Fernando video is just a picture from a magazine.)

Yep, the Vasa ship is spelled with a V grinning smiley

my fault. But on the other hand: the cracking just sounds the same.

Posted by: KevinPenthouse ()
Date: April 6, 2022 04:04

Oriongalaxy
Also could someone recommend 'budget' place to visit/ eat/ drink? or this is too much to ask for in Stockholm? I mean it is anyway relatively costly compare to Southern and even Western Europe.

Anyways thanks.

BTW. we are going to stay near Fridhemsplan. Looks easy to move around from there.

i am DEF going to Abba Museum . . . after walking by Mama Mia the play in Vegas 1000+ times with the speakers blastin Mama Mia and on Broadway NYC . . . PLUS luv the song Waterloo !!! one of those ya try to get outta yer brain all day long songs . . .I will post the day i get those pit tickets lol so if anyone "Dancin Queens" are more than welcome to join in . . . let me know . . . back to Food madMax is Swedish Meatballs an actual Swedish dish ? If so wheres the best . . . and still cannot find a Volvo to rent??? now back to more important stuff . . . whats yer favorite rock club in Stockholm

Date: April 6, 2022 08:26

KevinPenthouse
Oriongalaxy
Also could someone recommend 'budget' place to visit/ eat/ drink? or this is too much to ask for in Stockholm? I mean it is anyway relatively costly compare to Southern and even Western Europe.

Anyways thanks.

BTW. we are going to stay near Fridhemsplan. Looks easy to move around from there.

i am DEF going to Abba Museum . . . after walking by Mama Mia the play in Vegas 1000+ times with the speakers blastin Mama Mia and on Broadway NYC . . . PLUS luv the song Waterloo !!! one of those ya try to get outta yer brain all day long songs . . .I will post the day i get those pit tickets lol so if anyone "Dancin Queens" are more than welcome to join in . . . let me know . . . back to Food madMax is Swedish Meatballs an actual Swedish dish ? If so wheres the best . . . and still cannot find a Volvo to rent??? now back to more important stuff . . . whats yer favorite rock club in Stockholm

Sure thang Kev!

Best meatballs (with cowberry jam and mashed potatoes) you'll find at the Ardbeg EMBASSY (just learned they changed the name from Ardbeg Room) in Gamla Stan (Old Town) but you can get a decent one at the sidewalk cafés in Strandvägen or the two restaurants next to the Djurgårdsbron (Djurgården Bridge).

The best Rock club by far is Pub Anchor in Sveavägen. I'm here at least once a week, karaoke on tuesdays and sundays as well as live bands during fridays and saturdays. There is also Harry B James in Kungsträdgården close to the Royal Castle. The Stones cover band Rocks Off, from Gothenburg, usually plays here.

As for the Volvos I haven't got a clue mate, sorryconfused smiley

Date: April 6, 2022 09:57

MadMax
KevinPenthouse
Oriongalaxy

Anyways thanks.

Sure thang Kev!

Best meatballs (with cowberry jam and mashed potatoes) you'll find at the Ardbeg EMBASSY (just learned they changed the name from Ardbeg Room) in Gamla Stan (Old Town) but you can get a decent one at the sidewalk cafés in Strandvägen or the two restaurants next to the Djurgårdsbron (Djurgården Bridge).

The best Rock club by far is Pub Anchor in Sveavägen. I'm here at least once a week, karaoke on tuesdays and sundays as well as live bands during fridays and saturdays. There is also Harry B James in Kungsträdgården close to the Royal Castle. The Stones cover band Rocks Off, from Gothenburg, usually plays here.

THANKX MADMAX much appreciated . . . only there once a week - what do ya do the other 6 ? rest up lol again many thanks

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 6, 2022 10:46

Hey, didn't Mick himself visit the Abba museum during one of the recent tours?

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: April 6, 2022 11:15

Topi
Hey, didn't Mick himself visit the Abba museum during one of the recent tours?

Yes, he did.

[abbafanatic.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: April 6, 2022 11:48

Kevin Penthouse wrote:
"and still cannot find a Volvo to rent???"

I can see Volvo cars to rent: [www.rentalcars.com]

But I don't know between which dates you want to rent, neither where you want to pick up your Volvo.
And and usual, you aren't guaranteed a specific brand, you can get a similiar one. At least at websites of this type.

Date: April 6, 2022 13:51

I decided to fly in on Friday afternoon, short flight from Helsinki, and stay the night in downtown (Hotel Adlon, conveniently located right next to the Central Railway Station). On Saturday I'll move to Quality Hotel Friends.

Thanks for your tips, MadMax, I might give Pub Anchor a shot on Friday!

Date: April 6, 2022 14:30

Anyone would like to meet up for a drink prior to the show? We are in Stockholm from 29.07 winking smiley
By the way...how long it is still bright at the end of July? I mean the sunset seems to be pretty late? Am I wrong?

Date: April 6, 2022 15:03

The sunset is indeed quite late (9:16 PM on the 31st) but the show will take place at a roofed stadium, so it will be dark inside the venue anyway.

Date: April 7, 2022 12:03

Topi
The sunset is indeed quite late (9:16 PM on the 31st) but the show will take place at a roofed stadium, so it will be dark inside the venue anyway.

Oh really? Roofed stadium in the Summer time? That's good in case of rain. Is Summer in Stockholm rainy? winking smiley

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: April 7, 2022 16:43

According to "usually well-informed sources" Stockholm will be the final Stones show ever:
(Dagens industri)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-07 16:44 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: April 7, 2022 19:05

To no one's great surprise I believe Stockholm will be the end.

I will have so many mixed emotions attending but I would not want to be anywhere else.

Date: April 7, 2022 20:11

Thommie
Kevin Penthouse wrote:

But I don't know between which dates you want to rent, neither where you want to pick up your Volvo.
And and usual, you aren't guaranteed a specific brand, you can get a similiar one. At least at websites of this type.

I was on that site it was all benz BMW & Audi - - - I will double check maybe they change up THANKX THOMMIE much appreciated I am looking for a rental the tuesday wed thursday week off the show . . . off to tour Sweden golf & some villages across from copenhagen . . . . ANY Golfers out here - Voodoo Lounge fans - Bobby Keys and the horn boys played golf

Date: April 7, 2022 20:16

KevinPenthouse
Thommie
Kevin Penthouse wrote:

I was on that site it was all benz BMW & Audi - - - I will double check maybe they change up THANKX THOMMIE much appreciated I am looking for a rental the tuesday wed thursday week off the show . . . off to tour Sweden golf & some villages across from copenhagen . . . . ANY Golfers out here - Voodoo Lounge fans - Bobby Keys and the horn boys played golf

anf they played 3 times in SWEDEN

Date: April 7, 2022 20:19

Mick will be on Swedish radio this Friday.

Radio P4 Extra at 1:30 PM.

It will be available afterwards here:

[sverigesradio.se]

Date: April 7, 2022 21:04

KevinPenthouse
MadMax
KevinPenthouse
Oriongalaxy

Anyways thanks.

Sure thang Kev!

THANKX MADMAX much appreciated . . . only there once a week - what do ya do the other 6 ? rest up lol again many thanks

You are more than welcome Kevin! As for the other 6 nights during the week? They are spent in bed reelin' and rockin' with my new lass who happens to be a Agneta Fältskog/Jerry Hall look-a-like...

Whheeeeeeehhhhaaaaaaaa!!smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-07 21:07 by MadMax.

Date: April 8, 2022 00:41

MadMax
KevinPenthouse
MadMax
KevinPenthouse
Oriongalaxy

Anyways thanks.

Sure thang Kev!

You are more than welcome Kevin! As for the other 6 nights during the week? They are spent in bed reelin' and rockin' with my new lass who happens to be a Agneta Fältskog/Jerry Hall look-a-like...

Whheeeeeeehhhhaaaaaaaa!!smileys with beer

I GOT IT MY MAN MAD MAX . . . I always play George Throrogood version of Reelin n Rockin to get myself going (and hes playin 20 minutes from me with Sammy hagar in June also that I will be at ) . . . lets exchange cell phones please as I want to chat up some more ALL GOOD Stones Stuff Sweden & more . . . as I have more things in the works that I do not want to blow up on here . . . BTW I Still have not made my travel plans but will do in another week or so . . . all the best

Date: April 8, 2022 12:09

Topi

[sverigesradio.se]

Hi Topi,

Any link where we can listen to this radio online?

thanks!

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: April 8, 2022 12:44

Oriongalaxy
Topi

[sverigesradio.se]

Hi Topi,

thanks!

Maybe here?

[radio.garden]

Date: April 8, 2022 13:16

That's perfect! Thanks ChrisL! smiling smiley

Date: April 8, 2022 19:51

MadMax

Got 2 LDs for Stockholm. Hotel already booked, too. Sweden, here I come!

Sounds great, Welcome!!!smileys with beer[/quote]

Hey MadMax can we friend up on Facebook . . . I'm just "Waiting on a Friend" . . . much easier for me too stay in touch . . not on here IORR much

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 8, 2022 21:43

yeababyyea
According to "usually well-informed sources" Stockholm will be the final Stones show ever:
(Dagens industri)

No, not correct.

Only thing stoping them is severe illness or death.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: April 8, 2022 22:02

ChrisL
Oriongalaxy
Topi

[sverigesradio.se]

Hi Topi,

thanks!

Maybe here?

[radio.garden]

Did anyone hear the interview? Any interesting news or nice quotes from Mick?

Date: April 8, 2022 22:37

I did listen to it. As for me nice to hear his voice and laugh. Talked about coming tour, Charlie’s passing, 70' and some other stuffs.

[sverigesradio.se]

Date: April 9, 2022 07:41

I STILL cannot find a VOLVO to rent in Sweden ?

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: April 9, 2022 08:56

Oriongalaxy
I did listen to it. As for me nice to hear his voice and laugh. Talked about coming tour, Charlie’s passing, 70' and some other stuffs.

[sverigesradio.se]

Thanks. Nice to listen to.

Date: April 9, 2022 12:21

KevinPenthouse

[www.rentalcars.com]

Date: April 9, 2022 15:30

Thommie
KevinPenthouse

[www.rentalcars.com]

Already gone! Two Volvos available when I put out the link.
It's like Lucky Dip tickets, you have to be fast.smiling smiley
Try again later!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home