Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 13
Re: Stockholm Sweden 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: March 25, 2022 17:33

Topi
Wasn't Gothenburg in 2007?

You are right Topi - 2007!

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 26, 2022 08:51

Question for people who know the Friends arena. Are the bars and toilets in the stadium easy accessible from the PIT area? I remember in Arnhem 2017 and Warsaw 2018, it was very easy to walk in and out of the pit to go for a drink or visit the toilets during the long waiting hours before the concert. Is that the case in the Friends arena?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 26, 2022 12:53

I was in the first row behind pit in 2017. Saw people leaving the pit for a drink and coming back with a drink. Quite easy I think.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 26, 2022 13:10

Friends Arena:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: KevinPenthouse ()
Date: March 27, 2022 06:42

jackflash27
Popularity in Sweden for the Stones is a bit low it seems. Given the facts that it’s the last show of the tour and the “low” ticket prices, I expected ticket sales would go a lot faster.
Anyway: it’s the only show for me this tour. First time in Stockholm / Sweden also, so really looking forward to this one.

I wouldnt say low if ya wanna crunch #'s looks like # 5-6 of 14 on IORR for hits /action of course London 1 & 2 . . . and generally people that do multiple shows get the other ones outta the way first . . . Switzerland looked last in interest that surprised me . . . and once Stockholm is the actually THE last shows watch prices pop . . . and if anyone is local I am looking to rent a Volvo convertible to tour the Baltic Sea . . . can only find Mercedes and BMW on the internet . . . oh woe is me struggling with a Benz lol . . . but if ya know a rental place for Volvo let me know . . . thank you

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 27, 2022 16:10

jackflash27
Popularity in Sweden for the Stones is a bit low it seems. Given the facts that it’s the last show of the tour and the “low” ticket prices, I expected ticket sales would go a lot faster.
Anyway: it’s the only show for me this tour. First time in Stockholm / Sweden also, so really looking forward to this one.

I don't think you can say that the popularity is low due to slow ticket sales.
You can't find two seats together anywhere except for nosebleeds. The pit sections are sold out but what about the other standing sections it's impossible to say anything about tickets sales. More than it's still tickets for sale.

PS. Have a nice time at your first visit in Stockholm!

Date: April 1, 2022 02:22

Is anyone Local lives in Sweden please reach out . . . would like some local knowledge thank you . . . you will not be disappointed in how I return the favor lol . . .

Date: April 1, 2022 02:26

Im not from Sweden but this might help a bit:
Visit Stockholm
Friends Arena

Date: April 1, 2022 05:01

MAF
Im not from Sweden but this might help a bit:
Visit Stockholm
Friends Arena

Thankk you for the post much appreciated i will check them out . . . but . . I was looking for much more obscure info less concert ( actually have a dialogue with friends arena people going on - should they tell me anything that blows the daylights outta me
-- i will post it here) looking moreso for odd info about a village in the southwest across from Copenhagen - travel to their & back a converted castle in the northwest to a golf course . . . and some rip this joint rock n roll clubs to hang out in of course . . i will be ther for 2-3 weeks & thanks again

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 1, 2022 08:28

KevinPenthouse
Is anyone Local lives in Sweden please reach out . . . would like some local knowledge thank you . . . you will not be disappointed in how I return the favor lol . . .

Sure thing Kevin! I'll tell you about the best restaurants as I don't like "tourist traps". Avoid restaurants in the Old Town EXCEPT for ARDBEG ROOM (Glenfiddich Warehouse) GBOT, that is about the only good places there. Eat in the VASASTAN or SÖDERMALM areas, avoid city centre restaurants as they are unnecessary expensive and rather bland. TENNSTOPET is a great place in Vasastan. OlIVER TWIST (GBOT) and Akkurat (GBOT) are two great places in Södermalm. Also you can get a decent meal in different suburbs if you are into persian food for instance;
VANAK in Akalla is a great iranian restaurant, 20 minutes with the metro from the city centre they got the best persian food. The best indian restaurant is in Heleneborgsgatan in Södermalm, it's called Indian Garden.

I'll list some more during the weekend. Close to the Nationalstadion (Friends Arena for the people who are not following my beloved AIK Football Club) is the "Filmstaden" complex where Ingmar Bergman shot some of his most famous movies. Here you got two nice restaurants in a historic area. You go there by metro to NÄCKROSEN and the studios are situated just above the station so it's a close walk. Also it is close to Nationalstadion so maybe you could time a potential visit with the concert. The Djurgården island in the city is a MUST. Here you got the Skansen Zoo where I always bring my daughter, the amusement park Gröna Lund and lotsa fun museums. On the way there you can have a beer or five in the Strandvägen Street enjoying the beautiful view from the seaside and the people walking by.

If you are going to rent a car I would recommend going to BLIDÖ, an island north of Stockholm in the archipelago. It takes two car ferry rides to get there so it's convinient when you travel with a car. It takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to get there from the city centre but the island is worth it with great nature and clean hot water if you're into going swimming and there are restaurants there plus convinience stores so the mixture is nice.

Oh, and there is Östgötakällaren Bar (GBOT) in Södermalm where you got zillions of Keith photos at the walls.

smileys with beer

GBOT= Great Beer On Tap

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-01 08:29 by MadMax.

Date: April 1, 2022 11:17

MadMax
KevinPenthouse

Sure thing Kevin! I'll tell you about the best restaurants as I don't like "tourist traps". Avoid restaurants in the Old Town EXCEPT for ARDBEG ROOM (Glenfiddich Warehouse) GBOT, that is about the only good places there. Eat in the VASASTAN or SÖDERMALM areas, avoid city centre restaurants as they are unnecessary expensive and rather bland. TENNSTOPET is a great place in Vasastan. OlIVER TWIST (GBOT) and Akkurat (GBOT) are two great places in Södermalm. Also you can get a decent meal in different suburbs if you are into persian food for instance;
VANAK in Akalla is a great iranian restaurant, 20 minutes with the metro from the city centre they got the best persian food. The best indian restaurant is in Heleneborgsgatan in Södermalm, it's called Indian Garden.

I'll list some more during the weekend. Close to the Nationalstadion (Friends Arena for the people who are not following my beloved AIK Football Club) is the "Filmstaden" complex where Ingmar Bergman shot some of his most famous movies. Here you got two nice restaurants in a historic area. You go there by metro to NÄCKROSEN and the studios are situated just above the station so it's a close walk. Also it is close to Nationalstadion so maybe you could time a potential visit with the concert. The Djurgården island in the city is a MUST. Here you got the Skansen Zoo where I always bring my daughter, the amusement park Gröna Lund and lotsa fun museums. On the way there you can have a beer or five in the Strandvägen Street enjoying the beautiful view from the seaside and the people walking by.

If you are going to rent a car I would recommend going to BLIDÖ, an island north of Stockholm in the archipelago. It takes two car ferry rides to get there so it's convinient when you travel with a car. It takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to get there from the city centre but the island is worth it with great nature and clean hot water if you're into going swimming and there are restaurants there plus convinience stores so the mixture is nice.

Oh, and there is Östgötakällaren Bar (GBOT) in Södermalm where you got zillions of Keith photos at the walls.

smileys with beer

GBOT= Great Beer On Tap

THANKX MAD MAX super kool stuff . . . . NOW . . . . this is what i am talkin 'bout . . . i will also post more of my ideas and thoughts over the weekend and maybe we can do private email . . . all the best

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: April 1, 2022 11:54

MadMax
KevinPenthouse

smileys with beer

GBOT= Great Beer On Tap

Hi MadMax,

Thanks for the recommendations! We are going to Stockholm for the first time too. Any interesting place for local (Swedish) dishes? We are budget travellers so I'm afraid I might land in some 'tourist' spot...

Anyways thanks a lot!

Date: April 1, 2022 15:17

Oriongalaxy
MadMax
KevinPenthouse

smileys with beer

GBOT= Great Beer On Tap

Hi MadMax,

Thanks for the recommendations! We are going to Stockholm for the first time too. Any interesting place for local (Swedish) dishes? We are budget travellers so I'm afraid I might land in some 'tourist' spot...

Anyways thanks a lot!

Great Stuff Again Mad Max thankx again and again . . . for starters I am coming from USA . . . also I am not much of a "Foodie" I am a simple eater Pizza and Hamburgers & French fries "tourist traps" Will sadly do for my food needs (recommendations there would still be great but the least of my needs LOL). . . but still advise on the exotic dining as I have friends who are "Foodies" that are coming and you are helping others I see already . . .I am also looking to rent a Volvo ? having NO Luck only BMW - Benz and Audi all the German lineup top of the line . . . crazy mama kool cars . . . except I am a Porsche & Volvo guy so any assistance there please . . . also I am going to Falsterbo Village - if not familiar close to Copenhagen and might want to see Copenhagen ( how complicated is it for a USA passport to cross over border these days and any Copenhagen advice . . . . more to come here on

Date: April 2, 2022 03:49

Oriongalaxy
Hi MadMax,

Anyways thanks a lot!

Where do you stay? Already booked?
There must be some nice records stores. I remember one in 2017, I think it was somewhere on Drottninggatan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-02 11:28 by MAF.

Date: April 2, 2022 09:28

how late are the pubs open in stockholm, someplace to go after the show? thanks

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: April 2, 2022 10:21

MAF
Oriongalaxy
Hi MadMax,

Anyways thanks a lot!

Where do you stay? Already booked?
There must be some nice records shops. I remember one in 2017, I think it was somewhere in Drottninggatan.

"Bengans" is the name of the record store on Drottninggatan. There is also a great record store on Södermalm (three subway stations from T-centralen) called "Pet Sounds" on Skånegatan 53.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-02 10:22 by IsakSun.

Date: April 2, 2022 11:32

IsakSun
MAF
There must be some nice records shops. I remember one in 2017, I think it was somewhere in Drottninggatan.

"Bengans" is the name of the record store on Drottninggatan. There is also a great record store on Södermalm (three subway stations from T-centralen) called "Pet Sounds" on Skånegatan 53.
Thank you! In "Bengans" I saw some interesting books and a record (vinyl) with a live recording: Hamburg 1965. Obviously not an official one. I will check this store again.

Date: April 2, 2022 20:31

MAF
IsakSun
MAF

Thank you! In "Bengans" I saw some interesting books and a record (vinyl) with a live recording: Hamburg 1965. Obviously not an official one. I will check this store again.

BUT the best record shop of 'em all is in Gamla Stan, in Yxsmedsgränd St:

Got To Hurry Records, they are THE best!smileys with beer

Date: April 2, 2022 20:35

KevinPenthouse
Oriongalaxy
MadMax
KevinPenthouse

smileys with beer

GBOT= Great Beer On Tap

Hi MadMax,

Anyways thanks a lot!

Great Stuff Again Mad Max thankx again and again . . . for starters I am coming from USA . . . also I am not much of a "Foodie" I am a simple eater Pizza and Hamburgers & French fries "tourist traps" Will sadly do for my food needs (recommendations there would still be great but the least of my needs LOL). . . but still advise on the exotic dining as I have friends who are "Foodies" that are coming and you are helping others I see already . . .I am also looking to rent a Volvo ? having NO Luck only BMW - Benz and Audi all the German lineup top of the line . . . crazy mama kool cars . . . except I am a Porsche & Volvo guy so any assistance there please . . . also I am going to Falsterbo Village - if not familiar close to Copenhagen and might want to see Copenhagen ( how complicated is it for a USA passport to cross over border these days and any Copenhagen advice . . . . more to come here on

For swedish dishes the Ardbeg Room is great, they also have lots of interesting beers from Sweden. Tennstopet got great swedish food but the beer on tap is nothing to shout about.

As for car rentals I wouldn't know but surely there must be places where one can get a Volvo?!?!

A bad thing about this country is the obsession about not accepting cash, I am 39 and I hate this ridiculous "woke policy". Stupid stupid stupid, I work with tourists every day and loads of 'em hate it as well and I understand them.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-02 20:37 by MadMax.

Date: April 3, 2022 13:41

MadMax
KevinPenthouse
Oriongalaxy
MadMax
KevinPenthouse

smileys with beer

GBOT= Great Beer On Tap

Hi MadMax,

Anyways thanks a lot!

For swedish dishes the Ardbeg Room is great, they also have lots of interesting beers from Sweden. Tennstopet got great swedish food but the beer on tap is nothing to shout about.

As for car rentals I wouldn't know but surely there must be places where one can get a Volvo?!?!

A bad thing about this country is the obsession about not accepting cash, I am 39 and I hate this ridiculous "woke policy". Stupid stupid stupid, I work with tourists every day and loads of 'em hate it as well and I understand them.

Hi MadMax,

Thanks again for the Recommendation!
Appreciate a lot!
Do you means payments in the restaurant or shop is only possible by credit/ debit card?

Date: April 3, 2022 15:15

Oriongalaxy

Hi MadMax,

Appreciate a lot!
Do you means payments in the restaurant or shop is only possible by credit/ debit card?
I spent a week in Stockholm in 2019 with my family. We didn't need any Swedish cash, we could pay everything by credit card. In some cashless places (e.g. some hostels) you have to pay by credit card.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-03 15:17 by MAF.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 3, 2022 15:47

I was in Sweden on the last tour - didn't touch or see the currency. It was credit card all the way, and some places seemed defiantly anti-cash, like the ABBA Museum. I didn't mind since my bank gives me 2% cash back. As for food, the McD. had these great chili cheese balls (they called them Tops and were 10 SEK/$1 for a small bag), which I'd never seen elsewhere. I'd say that was the culinary highlight.

Date: April 3, 2022 16:25

DeanGoodman
I was in Sweden on the last tour - didn't touch or see the currency. It was credit card all the way, and some places seemed defiantly anti-cash, like the ABBA Museum. I didn't mind since my bank gives me 2% cash back. As for food, the McD. had these great chili cheese balls (they called them Tops and were 10 SEK/$1 for a small bag), which I'd never seen elsewhere. I'd say that was the culinary highlight.

Thanks for sharing your experiencewinking smiley
McD chili cheese balls....mmmm...I think I had them in Oslo two years ago! winking smiley

Date: April 3, 2022 19:58

DeanGoodman

My favourite IORR writer/reviewer mentions my workplace, that calls for some celebration!!! smileys with beer

Date: April 3, 2022 20:00

Oriongalaxy
MadMax
KevinPenthouse
Oriongalaxy
MadMax
KevinPenthouse

smileys with beer

GBOT= Great Beer On Tap

Hi MadMax,

Anyways thanks a lot!

Hi MadMax,

Appreciate a lot!

Well most places accept cash but not most of the museums and some O'Learys restaurants (a sport bar chain).

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: April 5, 2022 00:42

mizzoumonkeyman29
how late are the pubs open in stockholm, someplace to go after the show? thanks
Quite late. Id guess 4am ish.

In 2017 i took the train from friends arena to the center and just went to a random bar in the centre. It was full of stones fans.

It was super easy. Just follow the fans to the train and most of them will leave at t-centralen (the city center stop) and pick a bar.

Date: April 5, 2022 13:01

Is Abba Museum worth visiting?
Also could someone recommend 'budget' place to visit/ eat/ drink? or this is too much to ask for in Stockholm? I mean it is anyway relatively costly compare to Southern and even Western Europe.

Anyways thanks.

BTW. we are going to stay near Fridhemsplan. Looks easy to move around from there.

Date: April 5, 2022 14:56

Oriongalaxy
Also could someone recommend 'budget' place to visit/ eat/ drink? or this is too much to ask for in Stockholm? I mean it is anyway relatively costly compare to Southern and even Western Europe.

Anyways thanks.

BTW. we are going to stay near Fridhemsplan. Looks easy to move around from there.
If you're interested in modern art: Moderna Museet at Skeppsholmen - most of the collection you can see for free. BTW: Skeppsholmen is a nice place to walk around.
Buy a 3-day-ticket for public transport. So you can use subway (called tunnelbana), tram, bus, ferry, and commuter train. It's a nice sightseeing using the ferries around Gamla Stan, Skeppsholmen and Djugarden.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 5, 2022 14:59

Oriongalaxy

I'd rather visit the Wasa museum which is more or less next doors

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 5, 2022 21:05

slewan
Oriongalaxy

I'd rather visit the Wasa museum which is more or less next doors

A museum about Swedish crackers? You had me excited for a minute.

The ABBA Museum is appropriately superficial, with a good section on their folkie roots in various incarnations. The display on their low-budget videos was interesting - i.e., the f/x tricks used by director Lasse Hallstrom. (Spoiler: The opening sunset on the Fernando video is just a picture from a magazine.)

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 13

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1915
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home