Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: Gelsenkirchen Germany 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 26, 2022 22:37

slewan
hockenheim95
austrianstones
So no song vote again ! Doesn`t matter , what do we expect ? Fool, Mothers, or ? but i think Dead flowers ....

Dead Flowers or Let it Bleed came to my mind. Maybe something like IORR or All Down The Line could be possible.

the last show they added a new song for this tour was Brussels… I don't think we hear any song that hasn't played before in 2022 at the remaining three shows.
If I'm wrong it might be All Down The Line which was done at the soundcheck in Amsterdam (if I remember correctly)

They did Shattered and Ain't too proud to beg quite late last year as well so there might still be a Chance but I really doubt Mothers Little Helper will ever be played live again!

But as long as they play as good as in Paris I am happy with every setlist

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 26, 2022 22:44

You do not get covid in a split second, unless you happen to meet a one out of thousand people who are (1) having covid and (2) are coughing right into your face in an extreme way.

The band and the crew are doing a great safe and secure covid bubble precautions. Masks on whenever there is high risk i.e. in the public. We all know it did work last year in USA from October to November 2021, and we do know it has been working great so far. Mick got it and had to reschedule Amsterdam and cancel Bern, but shit happens. With this virus around, we will be very lucky if we do get the 14 shows on schedule now.

Wear your maks if you are anywhere near the band or crew members. Please protect the tour. Later on we may celebrate and be social, but not yet...

Bjornulf

Date: July 26, 2022 22:51

I was on the train from Paris to Dusseldorf two days ago. As soon as we arrived into Aachen, i.e. crossed the borders from France into Germany, we were told on the train speaker systems that masks were mandatory on all trains in Germany. The people around me did not care, but most others had masks on. I have been masked up for a long long time now, all the way from Madrid back in May this year, even since last year, during the US Tour.

In Dusseldorf and Gelsenkirchen local transportation 100% of all people have masks on. I think it is an easy way of doing it ... you get the new covid ba.4 and ba.5 variant now ... or next week ... or the week after.

I do not want it now, because then I may be in bed for the shows to come soon. Later on who cares, but now there is a tour. I don't want the virus now. Simple as that.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 26, 2022 22:54

MAF
Irix
Covid-19 rules: in North Rhine-Westphalia there's still a medical mask required in public transport - [www.mags.NRW] .
Which is much better for your security - and for everybody else. In France almost no one seemed to care about it - only a few masks in public transport. They gave me a little souvenir... (it's gone now!)

Glad you're better, and hopefully there weren't many others who contacted Covid in Paris, but the lack of concern regarding safety makes exposure to it inevitable I guess.
Los Angeles is about to reinstate indoor mask mandates in public places (restaurants, theaters, transportation, etc.), and many are already rebelling against the idea.
Whatever the case, hope everyone attending Gelsenkirchen stays safe and has a great time at the show. Wearing a mask isnt always fun, but seems the safest way to go.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 26, 2022 23:26

Pit available again!!

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: July 26, 2022 23:40

Do you think you could switch tickets at the box office? I have Pit A tickets, but would like to be on Keith's side!

I know MOJO doesn't allow it. Eventim?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 26, 2022 23:46

hockenheim95
Pit available again!!
Yep! A+B. And some expensive seats pop up again. All from the packages I guess.

Date: July 26, 2022 23:51

Last time I was in Gelsenkirchen was July 27, 1998, to see The Rolling Stones. It is 24 years ago this summer. I stayed in Leiden, The Netherlands, I had a hired car, and drove the 2.5 hours which is not much of a drive. I do still remember I crossed the river Rhein several times after the show (which I should never do, both Gelsenkirchen and Leiden is north of the Rhein...), to get home to Leiden, I guess I messed up a bit on my driving, but it was easy.

My visit in Gelsenkirchen 24 years ago was short, in and out on show day. I remember walking around in the city to find postcards, I always send postcards to my family on tour, but it was hard, I don't think I ever found any real postcards, so I sent some generic cards.

Now 24 years on, it is 2022. I spent two days on my travel from Paris to the next show in Düsseldorf, having some Altbier, walking around, sighting some great buildings, the Rhein river, the Altstadt, and relaxed. Then I saw pictures of the Gelsenkirchen poster and T-shirt of this tour. Right then I knew my mission here.

So today I took the 45 minutes or so train ride from Düsseldorf to Gelsenkirchen. I got all settled in for show day, then I used my 9 Euro Bahn July ticket to get to Essen Zollverein North, a train station 3 minutes from Gelsenkirchen in the direction of Essen and Düsseldorf. We passed by at least one of the "mining shaft engines" on our way by the train from Düsseldorf to Gelsenkirchen, but I wanted to find the very one used for the poster and T-shirt.

So I went to Essen Zollverein North, walked the factory big area, now an UNESCO World Heritage Site, and soon found the source of the poster. It is not the first shaft engine you see, but the one connected to Halle 12, Shaft 12, built in 1930, according to the local guide.

The entire coal mine area was impressing, there is a 5 km walk around there, I walked a bit, but I sure want to return tomorrow morning, on show day, if there is time.

As for postcards, with the UNESCO listing, they do now have many great postcards at the HBF i.e. Gelsenkirchen main station.

As for beer, sure I had to taste the Veltins, it is a great beer, a bit hoppy, but still great, sure I will have one or two more tomorrow, on show day.

And finally, do not forget SCHALKE 04 - the football team with home ground on the Veltins-Arena. They say there are 168 football grounds in the Gelsenkirchen area. No wonder they can play football!

Zollverein mine - UNESCO listed since 2001 (Official site)

Zollverein Coal Mine Industrial Complex (Wikipedia English edition)

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-26 23:55 by bv.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: July 27, 2022 00:07

Thanks bv it's cool to see these places
Never been to Europe
One day

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 27, 2022 00:26

BV, thank you very much for your report. Glad you like it around here. And if you like Veltins - it's the beer that will be served at the Arena tomorrow.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 27, 2022 09:15

Have fun at the show today. I feel lucky - maybe In the pit again?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 27, 2022 09:33

Yep, hope for lucky pit too.cool smiley

Date: July 27, 2022 09:37

Have a great show!

Since the run Brussels-Vienna-Lyon-Paris was great, this will be a great one too!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: July 27, 2022 10:40

bv
I was on the train from Paris to Dusseldorf two days ago. As soon as we arrived into Aachen, i.e. crossed the borders from France into Germany, we were told on the train speaker systems that masks were mandatory on all trains in Germany. The people around me did not care, but most others had masks on. I have been masked up for a long long time now, all the way from Madrid back in May this year, even since last year, during the US Tour.

In Dusseldorf and Gelsenkirchen local transportation 100% of all people have masks on. I think it is an easy way of doing it ... you get the new covid ba.4 and ba.5 variant now ... or next week ... or the week after.

I do not want it now, because then I may be in bed for the shows to come soon. Later on who cares, but now there is a tour. I don't want the virus now. Simple as that.

We currently have about 120 deaths a day in Germany, died of or with COVID. A large proportion of these cases could have been avoided by such simple means as wearing masks. Which risk you take after the tour is of course your personal decision. But please always remember that you are endangering other people with your risky behavior. And even if it would be only about your person, and even if you were already once infected and had no serious course: Your next infection with COVID could be fatal.

Date: July 27, 2022 10:43

This thread is closed.

For Gelsenkirchen Germany show updates please use the new live thread:

Gelsenkirchen Germany 27-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2132
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home