Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: Gelsenkirchen Germany 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 21, 2022 20:28

The 777 Euro-prize ticket is due to dynamic prizing. Regular prize was less, but still expensive, though.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 21, 2022 20:40

Papo

The 777 Euro-prize ticket is due to dynamic prizing. Regular prize was less, but still expensive, though.

Must have been on 16-Mar-2022 during the fan-presale, saw it never cheaper after that. Same for Munich, except some leftover Tickets sold for less some days before the show as re-located Categories - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-21 20:55 by Irix.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 21, 2022 22:12

Quite a lot tickets for seats on sale again.

Date: July 24, 2022 14:55

Tickets still available at eventim.de and here: La Ola Club: 499,00 €

Date: July 24, 2022 14:57

Curfew?

Date: July 24, 2022 15:47

Nothing about picking up LDs till now.
Doors open: 17h
Show start: 19.30h (Arena) or 20h (FKP Scorpio)

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 24, 2022 16:31

wetter forceast seems to be good: dry, day high 22C, show time below 20.
[wetterstationen.meteomedia.de]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 24, 2022 16:36

Please do NOT post ticket sales ads here. Please use the "All Sold Out" section.

Bjornulf

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 24, 2022 21:40

falo01

That is a bit disappointing after the hot summer wheater these last days and weeks.

Date: July 24, 2022 21:42

calipachangero
falo01

That is a bit disappointing after the hot summer wheater these last days and weeks.
Perfect weather for a show. Also in a stadium it will be hot.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 24, 2022 21:45

PaintMonkeyManBlack
calipachangero
falo01

Perfect weather for a show. Also in a stadium it will be hot.

The stadium has a closed roof anyway. Doesn't matter how high is the temperature or if it rains or shines.

Date: July 24, 2022 22:41

After four days in Paris it is great to be in Düsseldorf for a couple of days, preparing for the Gelsenkirchen show. It is reminding me about past shows here. Altbier, nice Altstadt, but too hot today for Rhein riverside hanging around, it was more than 31 C in the shade this afternoon, warmer than Paris.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: July 24, 2022 22:49

So much looking forward to this show! See you maybe in Pit A!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 24, 2022 22:52

I wonder what the poster will look like. Maybe something with mining?

The mining Nordstern maybe

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 24, 2022 23:28

bv
After four days in Paris it is great to be in Düsseldorf for a couple of days, preparing for the Gelsenkirchen show. It is reminding me about past shows here. Altbier, nice Altstadt, but too hot today for Rhein riverside hanging around, it was more than 31 C in the shade this afternoon, warmer than Paris.

it's still 30°C right now in Paris (and it 10:30 p.m.)

Date: July 25, 2022 01:18

schwonek

There is no mining anymore. But maybe they take it.
Or something with football on a blue shirt... grinning smiley
When did they publish the posters for the past shows? Two days before?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 25, 2022 01:35

MAF
schwonek

There is no mining anymore. But maybe they take it.
Or something with football on a blue shirt... grinning smiley
When did they publish the posters for the past shows? Two days before?

True. But the industrial culture is and so is the general understanding of coal and steel as the pillar of the society. Of course things have changed since the 60ies. I guess it all depends who they ask to design the poster.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 25, 2022 10:17

MAF

There are three box offices close to the arena, all of them within 10 minutes walking distance (Kasse West, Kasse Nord, Kasse Ost).T I wouldn't worry to much about the pick-up location.

I will let you know as soon as I know more.

Regarding payment:

Inside the Arena you can pay cashless, since July 2022 every type of card and also Google Pay and Apple pay are accepted. Before it was only possible to pay with an prepaid arena card, which is still accepted.
If you don't have a card or phone with you for whatever reason you can still buy an arena card and pay that one with cash at the special outlets inside the Arena.

Regarding food:
If you want to try traditional curry sausage with fries I happen to like them better at the outlets outside the Arena (but after the first Check-in. Cashless payment there, too.

Feel free to ask any question you have, as a local I will try to provide you with any information you need.

At every football game there is a (solid built) merchandising shop open outside the arena and before you have to pass the first entrance/security check, which is located in front of the main entrance. Of course I don't know it, but I expect the Stones' organisation to use it, too.

The preparations for the show have been ongoing on sunday, the removable pitch is now outside the arena, the lower grandstand behind the stage has been moved back to have more space for the backstage area. A friend working at the Schalke football club told me that signs for directions will be erected tomorrow, if will try to go to the Arena tuesday evening and might be able to provide you will additional information then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-25 11:53 by Papo.

Date: July 25, 2022 11:55

schwonek

Yep - you were right:

Official Gelsenkirchen T-Shirt & Poster - [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] .

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 25, 2022 12:51

Wow, I really like this poster! My favorite so far.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: July 25, 2022 13:28

Anyone flying with Lufthansa via Munich or Frankfurt on show day please be aware that Lufthansa ground staff will be on strike on Wednesday.

Date: July 25, 2022 13:40

latvianinexile

Anyone flying with Lufthansa via Munich or Frankfurt on show day please be aware that Lufthansa ground staff will be on strike on Wednesday.

It's Lufthansa ground staff in general in Germany (not only Munich or Frankfurt) - [www.Tagesschau.de] - (in German).

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: July 25, 2022 13:43

Papo
MAF

There are three box offices close to the arena, all of them within 10 minutes walking distance (Kasse West, Kasse Nord, Kasse Ost).T I wouldn't worry to much about the pick-up location.

I will let you know as soon as I know more.

Regarding payment:

Inside the Arena you can pay cashless, since July 2022 every type of card and also Google Pay and Apple pay are accepted. Before it was only possible to pay with an prepaid arena card, which is still accepted.
If you don't have a card or phone with you for whatever reason you can still buy an arena card and pay that one with cash at the special outlets inside the Arena.

Regarding food:
If you want to try traditional curry sausage with fries I happen to like them better at the outlets outside the Arena (but after the first Check-in. Cashless payment there, too.

Feel free to ask any question you have, as a local I will try to provide you with any information you need.

At every football game there is a (solid built) merchandising shop open outside the arena and before you have to pass the first entrance/security check, which is located in front of the main entrance. Of course I don't know it, but I expect the Stones' organisation to use it, too.

The preparations for the show have been ongoing on sunday, the removable pitch is now outside the arena, the lower grandstand behind the stage has been moved back to have more space for the backstage area. A friend working at the Schalke football club told me that signs for directions will be erected tomorrow, if will try to go to the Arena tuesday evening and might be able to provide you will additional information then.

Do you think parking when arriving by car around 16:00 without a reservation is easy? I can't find an option to reserve a spot despite the info shared here already.

Date: July 25, 2022 14:17

This is a reminder about the 9 Euro ticket as sold by DB this summer:

With the 9-euro ticket you can use all means of public transport (such as RB, RE, subway, S-Bahn, bus, tram) throughout Germany in the months of June, July and August. The ticket is valid for the calendar month of it's purchase. The ticket is not valid for IC, ICE, EC.

Se the DB link:

9-Euro-Ticket (bahn.de)

Bjornulf

Date: July 25, 2022 15:07

Irix
schwonek

Yep - you were right:

Official Gelsenkirchen T-Shirt & Poster - [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] .
Yep, quite a good idea. But is there any tower like this left in Gelsenkirchen? I know such a tower in Essen and Bochum. Maybe it's just a symbol and does not mean a conrete building.

Date: July 25, 2022 15:10

Papo
MAF

A friend working at the Schalke football club told me that signs for directions will be erected tomorrow, if will try to go to the Arena tuesday evening and might be able to provide you will additional information then.

Thanx a lot for any information. Glück auf!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 25, 2022 15:15

MAF

Yep, quite a good idea. But is there any tower like this left in Gelsenkirchen? I know such a tower in Essen and Bochum. Maybe it's just a symbol and does not mean a conrete building.

There is, but Zollverein is notorious. Gelsenkirchen lucked out by having the concert only fair for Essen to have the poster

Date: July 25, 2022 15:20

MAF

But is there any tower like this left in Gelsenkirchen? I know such a tower in Essen and Bochum.

Yes, the winding tower of Shaft 12 still exists - [en.Wikipedia.org] . It's actually part of the city of Essen, but the Zeche Zollverein is only 7.7 km (4.6 miles) away (south/southwest) from the Veltins-Arena .

Zeche Zollverein - Picture from Google Maps .

The Zeche Nordstern in Gelsenkirchen still exists too - [de.Wikipedia.org] . It's 3.9 km (2.4 miles) away (southwest) from the Veltins-Arena.

Zeche Nordstern - located in Gelsenkirchen-Horst (Nordsternpark, northern part).

The winding tower (shaft 9) of Zeche Consolidation - [de.Wikipedia.org] . It's 4 km (2.5 miles) away (southeast) from the Veltins-Arena.

Zeche Consolidation - located in Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck (Consol Park).

The winding tower (shaft 2) of Zeche Hugo - [de.Wikipedia.org] . It's 2.8 km (1.7 miles) away (northwest) from the Veltins-Arena.

Zeche Hugo - located in Gelsenkirchen-Buer (near Brößweg).

The winding tower Oberschuir - [de.Wikipedia.org] . It's 4.9 km (3 miles) away (south) from the Veltins-Arena.

Shaft Oberschuir - located in Gelsenkirchen-Feldmark (near Boniverstraße).

The winding towers of Zeche Ewald - [en.Wikipedia.org] . It's 5.8 km (3.6 miles) away (east/northeast) from the Veltins-Arena.

Zeche Ewald - located in Herten (Ewaldstraße, south of Autobahn A2).

Winding towers of Zeche Schlägel & Eisen - de.Wikipedia.org. It's 6.9 km (4.3 miles) away (northeast) from the Veltins-Arena.

Zeche Schlägel & Eisen - located in Herten-Langenbochum (near Westerholter Straße).

Winding tower of Zeche Pluto - [de.Wikipedia.org] . It's 5.7 km (3.5 miles) away (southeast) from the Veltins-Arena.

Zeche Pluto - located in Herne (Wanne-Eickel, Wilhelmstraße)

In Bochum there's the German Mining Museum - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Ten of the most beautiful collieries (Zechen) in the Ruhr area that are worth a visit - [ColorfulCities.de] - (in German).

16 collieries of the Ruhr area - [www.Industriedenkmal.de] - (in German).

Map of collieries in the Ruhr area - [www.Zechenkarte.de] - (in German).

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-25 19:10 by Irix.

Posted by: folon ()
Date: July 25, 2022 15:22

Zeche Zollverein is definitely worth a visit: [photos.app.goo.gl]

Date: July 25, 2022 15:33

folon
Zeche Zollverein is definitely worth a visit: [photos.app.goo.gl]
Yes! Zollverein.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10