Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: Gelsenkirchen Germany 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Rockingaussie ()
Date: July 14, 2022 12:09

Hi,

Could you tell me what the best place is to park my car?
Is it difficult to park around the stadium? or better to park somewhere in town?

Thanks Nico

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 14, 2022 12:20

Rockingaussie

See here - [Veltins-Arena.de] . Park & Ride - [www.Gelsenkirchen.de] . Public Transport - [www.VRR.de] - (note the flat-rate €9-Ticket).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-14 15:25 by Irix.

Posted by: django ()
Date: July 14, 2022 12:56

Rockingaussie
Hi,

Is it difficult to park around the stadium? or better to park somewhere in town?

Thanks Nico

Thanks for the question, I have the same one. In 1990 it was possible to park in streets near the stadium. It was quite easy to get out of the area after the concert. Is that still possible, or do you have to use the official parking place? And if so, which one is the best? Thanks!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 14, 2022 14:50

django
Rockingaussie
Hi,

Thanks Nico

Thanks for the question, I have the same one. In 1990 it was possible to park in streets near the stadium. It was quite easy to get out of the area after the concert. Is that still possible, or do you have to use the official parking place? And if so, which one is the best? Thanks!

1990 was Parkstadion - a different one in Erle. You can still park in Erle and walk to the Veltins Arena. I would use the official parking or use park and ride and take the train.

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: July 16, 2022 21:59

I bought a paper ticket via a member here. All good, just the post office could ruin it if not international deliver on-time. Anyone a clue if there is a 'plan B' solution if such thing happens? Can the paper ticket then be cancelled and changed to an e-ticket or so?

The eventim website has something written about a lost ticket, however you need to log-in to see what you need to do.

Date: July 17, 2022 03:20

bluenote

The eventim website has something written about a lost ticket, however you need to log-in to see what you need to do.

You'll need the 9-11 digits order number. The seller of your ticket should help you with that. Eventim will then examine the case. Maybe it would have been better to send the ticket via express-mail.

Date: July 17, 2022 09:35

It has been send via express winking smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 18, 2022 07:53

When I saw GunsRoses in Gelsenkirchen there was a bar in FOS. You think they will sell drinks at the Stones show in the Golden circle?

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: July 18, 2022 08:40

schwonek
When I saw GunsRoses in Gelsenkirchen there was a bar in FOS. You think they will sell drinks at the Stones show in the Golden circle?

Not in Munich/ not in Brussel and not in Vienna. Only mobile Beer Runnner.
But lot of in de GA.

Date: July 18, 2022 08:56

schwonek

In amsterdam just outside pit in golden circle big bar. Very efficient

Posted by: Rockingaussie ()
Date: July 18, 2022 16:19

Does anyone know if it is easy to park your car close to the venue? and if so do you need to buy tickets upfront?

Date: July 18, 2022 16:30

Rockingaussie

Does anyone know if it is easy to park your car close to the venue? and if so do you need to buy tickets upfront?

See here - [iorr.org]. Park-Tickets for P2/P3 can be bought in advance - [iorr.org] . See also the FAQ - [Veltins-Arena.de] - ("Kann ich Parktickets bereits im Voraus kaufen?").

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 19, 2022 11:34

for the Schalke experts: Is the roof usually open or closed for concerts or does it vary?

Posted by: Mimi73 ()
Date: July 19, 2022 16:03

I have seen some shows "auf Schalke", and the roof-thing always has varied, regardless which wether...

Date: July 19, 2022 16:20

falo01

for the Schalke experts: Is the roof usually open or closed for concerts or does it vary?

Not Schalke - but for comparison: in Düsseldorf the roof varies - open in 2007, but closed in 2014 & 2017.

Date: July 20, 2022 18:51

I was wondering what is causing the quite steep differences in ticket prices?
If you look for example Amsterdam/Lyon pit prices versus here.

Is it a 'closer' pit? Smaller? Or just something else and it is all the same pit?

Date: July 20, 2022 18:55

bluenote

I was wondering what is causing the quite steep differences in ticket prices?

Probably they think all Germans are rich and do work at Mercedes, BMW & Porsche .... winking smiley

Comparison: Standing Golden Circle (Pelouse Or) Lyon - € 144.50. Seated Golden Circle (TopSeats) in Gelsenkirchen - € 777.65.

Lyon:

[www.OLVallee.fr]

Gelsenkirchen:

[iorr.org] , [iorr.org]

Seated Golden Circle (TopSeats) in Munich, 5-Jun-2022 (€672.63 - €776.13) - [iorr.org] :

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 20:00 by Irix.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 20, 2022 19:57

Anybody who pays 777 euros for these tickets is a damn fool who contributes to a market of greed.

Date: July 20, 2022 20:05

calipachangero

Anybody who pays 777 euros for these tickets is a damn fool who contributes to a market of greed.

And what would you do if you wanna be as close as possible to your favorite Band and couldn't get a LuckyDip-Ticket for Pit or TopSeats?

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 20, 2022 20:09

Mimi73
I have seen some shows "auf Schalke", and the roof-thing always has varied, regardless which wether...

Have you been to loud shows in the evening where the roof was open?

Posted by: quarkie ()
Date: July 20, 2022 21:44

thanks for these info

Posted by: quarkie ()
Date: July 20, 2022 21:46

thank you for the information

Date: July 20, 2022 22:52

Actually Gelsenkirchen will be my first pit show!
Very excited! On the pictures the pit looks quite smaller compared to Amsterdam or Lyon. Or isn't that the case?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 22:54 by bluenote.

Date: July 20, 2022 22:56

Agree to this! I am happy paying the price for the pit (which is not €777) to be able to see them actually 'in real' .

Date: July 20, 2022 23:05

bluenote

On the pictures the pit looks quite smaller compared to Amsterdam or Lyon. Or isn't that the case?

The Pit will probably have the same size as in Munich due to the seated area.

Maybe someone who was in the Pit in Munich as well as in Amsterdam or Lyon can compare it.

In the graphics the Pit in Lyon reached until the round part of the catwalk - in reality as well: Lyon picture (note the fences) - while in Gelsenkirchen the Pit is only the half length of the catwalk.

If you're early in the Pit and have a good spot reserved for you, then the size of the Pit actually doesn't matter.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 23:50 by Irix.

Date: July 20, 2022 23:18

Fair point. But being early without a toilet break is difficult with these higher temps grinning smiley

Date: July 20, 2022 23:21

bluenote

But being early without a toilet break is difficult with these higher temps

At the army they said: "Sweat it out". grinning smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 23:24

bluenote
Fair point. But being early without a toilet break is difficult with these higher temps grinning smiley

You can always have a toilet break even at the rail. Talk with people around you. Nobody will steal your place! Never experienced that and I Always go for a beer or the toilet. Even after Support act. The Pit is so small - it works

Date: July 20, 2022 23:27

Good to know!!

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 21, 2022 20:01

Irix
calipachangero

And what would you do if you wanna be as close as possible to your favorite Band and couldn't get a LuckyDip-Ticket for Pit or TopSeats?

I probably wouldn't because I'm interested mainly in the music and don't need to see every move. But ok fair enough, if that was what I wanted I would travel to a place where the same amount of money gets me the Pit, the train ticket and maybe even the hotel and make a great weekend trip out of it.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1843
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home