Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: Gelsenkirchen Germany 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 19, 2022 11:16

matthijst

Any tips for parking in Gelsenkirchen?

See here - [Veltins-Arena.de] .

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: March 19, 2022 11:28

Take a look here:

[schalke04.de]

I always prefer parking D or E, as you and most people can and will turn right when you leave the parking space and head to the highway A2 - whereas on parking A-C people tend to turn left, because it's the shortest way to the highway.
But turning left means interfering with the traffic, so it sometimes takes ages to leave from there.
Plus, there are no traffic lights on the way from parking D and E if you turn right to get to the highway and two/three traffic lights if you leave from parking A-C.

Parking P7 and P1 are usually only for VIP guests.

Wherever you park, it's just a 5-10 minutes walk to the Arena.

I hope this helps.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-19 11:30 by Papo.

Posted by: MadMat ()
Date: March 19, 2022 15:34

Parking at Gelsenwasser could help. As said above, try to avoid parking A-C. you could also park in Buer or downtown and use the tram. Stadium is easy accesible.

If you wanna go for a pint or two before the show, Buer is the place to go.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 19, 2022 20:30

DocChill
...got "Silver-Pit" for Gelsenkirchen... you can't imagine how excited I'm... smiling bouncing smiley

Congrats to you!!

But: HOW did you get 'em? Ever since the Monday presale and on, "Stehplatz" and "Silver Pit Stehplatz" always were not selectable for me. It always said "Currently not available":

WTF??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-19 20:31 by waterrats.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: March 19, 2022 20:41

waterrats
DocChill
...got "Silver-Pit" for Gelsenkirchen... you can't imagine how excited I'm... smiling bouncing smiley

Congrats to you!!

But: HOW did you get 'em? Ever since the Monday presale and on, "Stehplatz" and "Silver Pit Stehplatz" always were not selectable for me. It always said "Currently not available":

WTF??

I got two Silver Pit tickets on Wednesday during the fan presale at 10:00h. It didn't work on my desktop but I was able to order with my mobile. Same with my tickets for Munich.

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 19, 2022 21:33

In case you cannot find any hotels anymore directly in Gelsenkirchen (we just looked and apparently they are all booked out...) Essen is only 10 minutes away by train and Herne 8 minutes

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 19, 2022 22:15

bertrichards
waterrats
DocChill

Congrats to you!!

WTF??

I got two Silver Pit tickets on Wednesday during the fan presale at 10:00h. It didn't work on my desktop but I was able to order with my mobile. Same with my tickets for Munich.

Thanks for this, bertrichards - you know, I'm in the IT business and I used both PC and mobile. Always the same like the pic you see above.

Technically, I can't explain myself why these categories were off for me, I really don't.

So I settled the case with 2 tickets in N5 (category 5).
But that's not what I usually would have taken...

Anyways - I'm in and my son, too!

C you alle there!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-19 22:17 by waterrats.

Date: March 20, 2022 12:48

We now booked a hotel in Essen called McDreams earlier, cheap and looking nice, if anyone still is searching for hotels around the area

Date: March 20, 2022 12:55

ronniewoody91

if anyone still is searching for hotels around the area

Have a look at [www.HRS.com] . For public transport see: [www.VRR.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-20 13:20 by Irix.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 20, 2022 13:59

stay at Dortmund! Everybody in Dortmund will understand that you don't wanna stay at Gelsenkirchen

Date: March 20, 2022 14:18

slewan
stay at Dortmund! Everybody in Dortmund will understand that you don't wanna stay at Gelsenkirchen

It's 30-40 minutes away by train tho, just to take into consideration. Guess it all depends on how you're planning to get there, whether by car, train, plane. We're taking the train from Frankfurt to Essen, it's only 2h

Date: March 20, 2022 14:36

ronniewoody91
slewan

It's 30-40 minutes away by train tho, just to take into consideration. Guess it all depends on how you're planning to get there, whether by car, train, plane. We're taking the train from Frankfurt to Essen, it's only 2h

it was a joke…

Posted by: MadMat ()
Date: March 20, 2022 14:40

plenty of Hotels around.
In case you wanna have some drinks before or later, best to stay in Bochum (Bermuda Dreieck) or Essen. Plenty of places to go.

Hotels in Gelsenkirchen - Ibis are good. Heiners nice but not unexpensive. Plaza would be a good option but they just use it as emergency for ukrainian refugees.
Buer has several hotels, Monopol e.g. is pretty close. Closest one is the stay hotel, just 3 min from the venue.
According to gone events prices are unreasonable high. Essen, Bochum and even Duisburg offer good alternatives, with just 30 min ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-20 14:45 by MadMat.

Posted by: matthijst ()
Date: March 21, 2022 21:02

Plenty of hotels around just all sold out.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: March 21, 2022 21:30

Start very early if you're coming from the South via motorway A 45. Mind that a bridge near Luedenscheid is gone!
Though this seems to be a 'gap' of only a few kilometers long distance traffic is recommended to head for Cologne already at Kreuz Olpe. But that means lots of additional fuel (and time, too)...
But detours around Luedenscheid must be terrible during daytime on a working day like Wednesday.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: March 23, 2022 18:21

The hotel found early in footwalking distance has cancelled the bookingangry smiley. Now I am looking at Essen or Bochum Central station to have the 302 line to Veltins. Any fresh recommendations?

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Date: March 23, 2022 21:10

eismann

Any fresh recommendations?

See above - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: hoopsmccann ()
Date: March 25, 2022 03:07

Booked myself a hotel in Essen.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: April 25, 2022 21:34

Unfortunately I might not make it to this show. I have a pair of Lucky dips. How can I transfer them and would anybody be interested?
Thanks!

Date: April 25, 2022 21:52

I would be very much interested!
patrick_musial@yahoo.de

Date: April 25, 2022 22:26

calipachangero
Unfortunately I might not make it to this show. I have a pair of Lucky dips. How can I transfer them and would anybody be interested?
Thanks!

LD tickets are not transferable

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 26, 2022 00:14

slewan
calipachangero
Thanks!

LD tickets are not transferable

I am not so sure. My Lucky Dip states that it is possible: "Die Übertragung setzt voraus, dass der Dritte alle Vertragspflichten – insbesondere auch das Weiterverkaufsverbot – übernimmt." In the past I made it work two times. One time in Germany, one time in the States. I would give it a try.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 26, 2022 08:46

People have been able to "transfer" LDs before. It's a matter of getting both the ticket vendor and the box office to "play ball", so to say.

Sometimes Ticketmaster has agreed to add another person's name as the one picking up the tickets.

For example, see: [iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

Technically it's not a "transfer" of the order over to another TM/Eventim account, it's them agreeing to add/change the name of the person picking up the tickets.

But yes, it has been done.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-26 08:53 by Topi.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 26, 2022 10:10

It's a gamble to collect someone elses Lucky Dip Tickets. Sometimes it works without any Problem, sometimes you have to try it several times (Like in Spielberg) and sometimes like in Austin last year it doesn't work at all although you have a confirmation by Ticketmaster.

Date: April 26, 2022 10:40

I would take the risk. Our son (17 and a half years old) has told us that he wants to see the Stones live once in his lifetime. As we live close to Gelsenkirchen, I want to make it possible for him.

@calipanchero: If you want to go to Amsterdam instead, I might be able to provide you with a lucky dip for that one, as a probaly have a spare one to share.

Date: April 26, 2022 11:12

Yes, there are no guarantees and ultimately it will come down to the person working the box office, but my point was that LDs can be "transferred", even though the fine print does say they can't be.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 26, 2022 11:17

Topi
Yes, there are no guarantees and ultimately it will come down to the person working the box office, but my point was that LDs can be "transferred", even though the fine print does say they can't be.

If it comes down to the person at the box office you can't call it a transfer. Even if they add a name like TM did in the past there's no guarantee. So I would call it "collect someone elses LD tickets" which works in 90%. A transfer sounds like something ultimate!

Date: April 26, 2022 11:40

Yes, as you probably noticed, I did put the word "transfer" inside quotation marks and even said it's technically not a question of an actual transfer (in the sense that Ticketmaster/Eventim would move the tickets over to another account, the way you can sometimes transfer tickets to another person yourself, at least with Ticketmaster). smiling smiley

But I guess for all intents and purposes we can call it transferring/selling/[insert favorite word here] of Lucky Dips. Just saying people have done it before.

Yes, you may have to jump through hoops to do it. (see [iorr.org]. [iorr.org])

No, it's not guaranteed to work. Yes, it's against the official LD "rules".

But it's possible. smiling smiley

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-26 14:03 by Topi.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: April 26, 2022 14:18

Papo
I would take the risk. Our son (17 and a half years old) has told us that he wants to see the Stones live once in his lifetime. As we live close to Gelsenkirchen, I want to make it possible for him.

@calipanchero: If you want to go to Amsterdam instead, I might be able to provide you with a lucky dip for that one, as a probaly have a spare one to share.

@papo
I'll write you an email tonight.

Date: May 20, 2022 13:55

For those using Public Transport - there's now a €9-Ticket valid for entire Germany each for the months Jun/Jul/Aug 2022 (except long-distance via IC/ICE/EC-Trains & Flix). Details: [www.DW.com] , [www.Bahn.com] .

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2636
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home