Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031
Current Page: 31 of 31
Re: London UK 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: raphph ()
Date: July 2, 2022 21:08

Anyone know how strict hyde park is with A4 bags only?

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: July 2, 2022 21:11

Papo
dunhill
daspyknows
dunhill
Are you supposed to transfer tickets to the rest of your party or, as in my case coming to the show with my wife and kids, I can keep all 4 tickets on my mobile?

yes as long as you all go in together (olbviously)
Thank you. Sorry for posing all these questions but we’re all pretty shocked by what happened to us yesterday upon our arrival.
Booking.com cancelled both our hotel and transfer reservations and we had to pay an extra 1.000 GBP for our hotel.
We also lost one piece of luggage, therefore I am not so confident any longer about lots of things and don’t wanna get my family and the friends we’re travelling with through anymore stress.

So sorry to read that. I hope that the rest of your trip will be a blast and you will habe a great night tomorrow.

Same here, I hope you take it up with booking.com and get some compensation, obviously it leaves a sour taste.
Please don’t let it take the shine off you, for tomorrow for you and hope it turns out for you in the end.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 2, 2022 21:16

ProfessorWolf
Hairball
The green on black has a Frankenstein meets Exorcist look to it...reminiscent of a rotting apple, or a dish of leftover old guacamole....
London deserved much better!

absolutely

i defy anyone to show me a worst poster from them

seriously it's so bad i almost want one just to prove it really was made

As I look at it today, I have visions of some sort of plague sweeping over London....
But enough of that terrible design, and hopefully the worst of the designs is behind us.

Looking forward to following this show tomorrow here on IORR, and hoping everyone there has a great time!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 2, 2022 21:40

Hairball
ProfessorWolf
Hairball
The green on black has a Frankenstein meets Exorcist look to it...reminiscent of a rotting apple, or a dish of leftover old guacamole....

absolutely

As I look at it today, I have visions of some sort of plague sweeping over London....
But enough of that terrible design, and hopefully the worst of the designs is behind us.

Looking forward to following this show tomorrow here on IORR, and hoping everyone there has a great time!

That’s what I’ll be doing. Tomorrow night seems to be in much higher demand than Show 1. It’s officially sold out and tickets are very scarce and massively overpriced on the secondary sites. In 2013, it was the other way around with Show 2 being not quite a sell out. I’m not devastated to be sitting this one out. I have 2 more shows to look forward to - Lyon and Paris - Both Lucky Dips, of course winking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 2, 2022 21:50

The high demand for tomorrow could be because many might think this will be the last time that the Stones play in London - at least in the foreseeable future, and possibly forever.
Hope you're feeling better grzegorz67, and enjoy your time in Lyon and Paris....thumbs up

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: July 2, 2022 21:52

grzegorz67
Hairball
ProfessorWolf
Hairball

absolutely

That’s what I’ll be doing. Tomorrow night seems to be in much higher demand than Show 1. It’s officially sold out and tickets are very scarce and massively overpriced on the secondary sites. In 2013, it was the other way around with Show 2 being not quite a sell out. I’m not devastated to be sitting this one out. I have 2 more shows to look forward to - Lyon and Paris - Both Lucky Dips, of course winking smiley

Last weekend a lot of people, such as I, were at Glastonbury Festival

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: July 2, 2022 21:57

Not sure Hyde Park could have been any fuller than it was last week tbh- we shall see!
Could hear Gabrielle from high up in Marylebone tonight - can understand the 10.30pm curfew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-02 22:02 by StonesSmeth99.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 2, 2022 23:49

I’m sure it’s been posted before but what time are the stones expected to be on tomorrow ?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 2, 2022 23:51

EJM
I’m sure it’s been posted before but what time are the stones expected to be on tomorrow ?

At 8:05! Last week they were on 5 minutes later at 8:10!

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: July 3, 2022 00:16

Tumlin73
Papo
dunhill
daspyknows
dunhill
Are you supposed to transfer tickets to the rest of your party or, as in my case coming to the show with my wife and kids, I can keep all 4 tickets on my mobile?

Thank you. Sorry for posing all these questions but we’re all pretty shocked by what happened to us yesterday upon our arrival.
Booking.com cancelled both our hotel and transfer reservations and we had to pay an extra 1.000 GBP for our hotel.
We also lost one piece of luggage, therefore I am not so confident any longer about lots of things and don’t wanna get my family and the friends we’re travelling with through anymore stress.

So sorry to read that. I hope that the rest of your trip will be a blast and you will habe a great night tomorrow.

Same here, I hope you take it up with booking.com and get some compensation, obviously it leaves a sour taste.
Please don’t let it take the shine off you, for tomorrow for you and hope it turns out for you in the end.
Thank you guys, can’t wait for tomorrow’s show.
In the meanwhile my son has lost his iPhone on the Tube but I’ve managed to track it and collect it at Green Park’s station.
Headed to my hotel for some well deserved rest.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 3, 2022 00:35

Dirty Strangers @ The Troubadour was great - and sweaty!

Gotta make it an early night tonight. Rest up for tomorrow.

Date: July 3, 2022 00:51

dunhill
Tumlin73
Papo
dunhill
daspyknows
dunhill

Thank you guys, can’t wait for tomorrow’s show.
In the meanwhile my son has lost his iPhone on the Tube but I’ve managed to track it and collect it at Green Park’s station.
Headed to my hotel for some well deserved rest.

Glad it worked out.thumbs up

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 3, 2022 00:53

raphph
Anyone know how strict hyde park is with A4 bags only?

Not very, last week. They will want you to put your bag and other possessions into one of those airport scanning trays, but I saw people with small backpacks, picnic rugs, plastic carrier bags. I had a shoulder bag slightly larger than A4 with a waterproof and a small folding umbrella - no trouble.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: July 3, 2022 01:00

Anyone is going tomorrow to Hyde Park and would like to meet/hang out/ keep each other space near the trail? winking smiley

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 3, 2022 01:13

Have a great day tomorrow folks. I am testing negative as of yesterday but still feeling very tired from the latest bout of Covid. I'm not wasting another ticket but probably won't feel up to battling to get and keep a good spot in Gold circle. Just happy to be there at all.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 3, 2022 02:01

^ congrats and enjoy

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: July 3, 2022 08:16

Lady Jayne
Have a great day tomorrow folks. I am testing negative as of yesterday but still feeling very tired from the latest bout of Covid. I'm not wasting another ticket but probably won't feel up to battling to get and keep a good spot in Gold circle. Just happy to be there at all.

I had the time of my life on the railings at the back of Gold last week. I could sit down, get food/drink and the sound/view was amazing. Take it easy and enjoy!

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 3, 2022 08:52

petewasbristol
Lady Jayne

I had the time of my life on the railings at the back of Gold last week. I could sit down, get food/drink and the sound/view was amazing. Take it easy and enjoy!

I did the same. Great place to be at. And impeccable sound if you choose a position between the two PA sheds — you have to be there, seeing, no, hearing is believing. As someone posted upthread, you can go from GC east to west and vice versa freely.

Above all, stress-free. No need to fight for securing your place with other fans around you and stand shoulder to shoulder with them, that is a big advantage, a benefit. For a COVID-conscious person in particular.

Highly recommended.

Date: July 3, 2022 10:46

On my way to catch the train.

Hopefully bump into some members on here.

First time for vip for me and my wife, so looking forward to it.

Have a great time.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 3, 2022 11:04

RisingStone
petewasbristol
Lady Jayne

I did the same. Great place to be at. And impeccable sound if you choose a position between the two PA sheds — you have to be there, seeing, no, hearing is believing. As someone posted upthread, you can go from GC east to west and vice versa freely.

Above all, stress-free. No need to fight for securing your place with other fans around you and stand shoulder to shoulder with them, that is a big advantage, a benefit. For a COVID-conscious person in particular.

Highly recommended.

Thanks both for that reassurance. The weather is looking good and I am feeling much better about just enjoying the sound and the atmosphere and not worrying about the view.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: July 3, 2022 11:21

Hairball
The high demand for tomorrow could be because many might think this will be the last time that the Stones play in London - at least in the foreseeable future, and possibly forever.
Hope you're feeling better grzegorz67, and enjoy your time in Lyon and Paris....thumbs up

It's not gonna be the last time in London...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 3, 2022 11:24

This thread is closed.

For London updates please use the new live thread:

Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031
Current Page: 31 of 31

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1400
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home