Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031Next
Current Page: 26 of 31
Re: London UK 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 24, 2022 15:54

Beast
Oh no - so sorry to hear that, STG. Join the chaos club. Kahoosier arrived on Tuesday (after 12 hours of delay hell in Schipol) and there's still no sign of his luggage or even any indication of where it might be sad smiley

Glad to know he made it - we can compare wardrobe deficiencies. Though nothing can excuse my hair.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 24, 2022 16:07

SomeTorontoGirl
Well, my bag didn’t make it past my connecting flight to Heathrow. I waited at the baggage carousel for nearly an hour, where a sign read Bags Arriving for my flight. Not a single bag came up during that time, but the sign changed to Bags Delivered. Two disinterested guys working at the enquiry counter, a long wait to be told I ‘should’ have it by Tuesday. Hundreds of bags piled randomly throughout the baggage hall but hardly any people there, nearly deserted, nobody claiming them. And periodic announcements that unclaimed bags will be destroyed ‘for safety.’ I kept most of my essentials in carry on but this is a big drag.

Ouch that sucks. There is no excuse for that now with all the technology in use. A long time ago I was on a TWA flight from Amsterdam to NY on TWA (I said it was a long time ago) where they mixed up the bags and my flight had the Amsterdam to Washington DC bags and that flight had ours. Hope you can get what you need and maybe even get what you want to get through the next few days.

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: June 24, 2022 16:35

Topi
Travman87
Topi
The entrance for Diamond VIP would seem to be gate 17 (the Garden Entrance) on the west side of the area. That"s where the Elton John Diamond VIP people were lining up this morning. Also checks out with the official map.

However, when I asked the staff just now, they told me Gate 10, which is towards the South Entrance. Go figure. I think that person just had wrong info.

How many people were lining up there and what time was that? I'm trying to figure out how early to get there tomorrow for gold circle east ticket

For Elton, it was about a dozen people in the Diamond VIP line at 10.30 AM. I didn't check any other gates.

Ok that's cool, thank you for the info smiling smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 24, 2022 16:42

So sorry about the bag, STG! Happened to me and others once on arrival at Heathrow from JFK, when going to O2 for the show. They were delivered about a day later. Hope yours come forth soon.

Good luck to Kahoosier too, yikes.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-24 16:44 by angee.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 24, 2022 16:42

daspyknows
SomeTorontoGirl
Well, my bag didn’t make it past my connecting flight to Heathrow. I waited at the baggage carousel for nearly an hour, where a sign read Bags Arriving for my flight. Not a single bag came up during that time, but the sign changed to Bags Delivered. Two disinterested guys working at the enquiry counter, a long wait to be told I ‘should’ have it by Tuesday. Hundreds of bags piled randomly throughout the baggage hall but hardly any people there, nearly deserted, nobody claiming them. And periodic announcements that unclaimed bags will be destroyed ‘for safety.’ I kept most of my essentials in carry on but this is a big drag.

Ouch that sucks. There is no excuse for that now with all the technology in use. A long time ago I was on a TWA flight from Amsterdam to NY on TWA (I said it was a long time ago) where they mixed up the bags and my flight had the Amsterdam to Washington DC bags and that flight had ours. Hope you can get what you need and maybe even get what you want to get through the next few days.

So the days of the airlines delivering your lost bags to your front door are over, lol? I remember that was actually a thing! .. But sorry about your bag Torontogirl, hope you have a great show however!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 24, 2022 17:00

SomeTorontoGirl

That is bloody awful STG. Hope your hand luggage is enough to get by for the next few days and you get your checked in luggage back soon. See you later tonight.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: June 24, 2022 17:24

I thought there were still tickets available for July 3rd. But is it sold out now?

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 24, 2022 19:34

I have a car tommorow (I have had to do alot of begging) and am good to go! Train strikes won't stop me. I have no idea where I am going to park (I'll be looking Hammersmith/Shep bush area) but I'll find somewhere. Roll on tommorow!

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: June 24, 2022 19:41

White City / Shopping mall perhaps?

Posted by: cs2003 ()
Date: June 24, 2022 20:03

petewasbristol
I have a car tommorow (I have had to do alot of begging) and am good to go! Train strikes won't stop me. I have no idea where I am going to park (I'll be looking Hammersmith/Shep bush area) but I'll find somewhere. Roll on tommorow!

Same as me I've had a nightmare with car hire companies all week, they want £1000 deposit or credit card.
Borrowed my sisters car and added the insurance £25. Now I need to find somewhere to park, OH and I don't have a ticket for the concert yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-24 20:18 by cs2003.

Posted by: stoneskid ()
Date: June 24, 2022 21:00

fanch
Stoneskid:
I will be at the LSE Rosebery, just 20 mn walk from the IORR party friday night.

The kitchen are close, so no breakfast.

Can someone tell me when and where the IORR party is tonight?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 24, 2022 21:01

cs2003
petewasbristol

Same as me I've had a nightmare with car hire companies all week, they want £1000 deposit or credit card.
Borrowed my sisters car and added the insurance £25. Now I need to find somewhere to park, OH and I don't have a ticket for the concert yet.

Great fans here.

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: June 24, 2022 21:01

stoneskid
fanch
Stoneskid:
I will be at the LSE Rosebery, just 20 mn walk from the IORR party friday night.

The kitchen are close, so no breakfast.

Can someone tell me when and where the IORR party is tonight?

Hope & Anchor, Islington.

Nearest tube I think is Highbury & Islington station.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 24, 2022 21:53

No rain according to the latest forecast.

Date: June 25, 2022 00:01

Seems like things are a bit lax there tonight. I know 2 people who got in without their barcodes getting scanned. Some folks are getting "miracle tickets" using a phrase from the old Grateful Dead days.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 25, 2022 00:02

Tomorrow night the Rolling Stones return to London’s Hyde Park for the first of two shows there on the SIXTY Tour! There are planned rail strikes tomorrow so please check info before you travel, find out more at [bst-hydepark.com]

Photo: Dave Hogan

[twitter.com]

Posted by: cs2003 ()
Date: June 25, 2022 01:25

bye bye johnny
Tomorrow night the Rolling Stones return to London’s Hyde Park for the first of two shows there on the SIXTY Tour! There are planned rail strikes tomorrow so please check info before you travel, find out more at [bst-hydepark.com]

Photo: Dave Hogan

[twitter.com]

Great photo, love it !

Posted by: arpcap ()
Date: June 25, 2022 02:28

For info, I went to the Elton gig tonight at Hyde Park and used the barcode on the AXS app. They scanned it with no problems and they never mentioned the BST app.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: June 25, 2022 06:38

Sitting in Poznan airport waiting for flight to London Stansted. Hope I reach HP with with no problem.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 25, 2022 08:51

Hello,

Wakey, wakey sleepy London Town…it’s Stones Day!

Here’s to everyone having a ball…don’t forget the sunscreen. See you all on IORR later on…

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 25, 2022 09:26

I have tested positive for Covid last night. Know how those fans in Amsterdam felt now. Gutted. Hope everyone has a great day.

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: June 25, 2022 10:08

arpcap
For info, I went to the Elton gig tonight at Hyde Park and used the barcode on the AXS app. They scanned it with no problems and they never mentioned the BST app.

Thanks.

Thought this would be the case.thumbs up

Date: June 25, 2022 10:32

Good morning, London!

I'll take another recon walk to Hyde Park and see how many people are lining up at 8:30 AM smiling smiley

Then it's time for a pub breakfast and just chill for a while before we get ready to enter. Plan is to go in sometime around 1-2 PM, we're not going to line up.

See you tonight in Diamond VIP!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-25 10:33 by Topi.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: June 25, 2022 10:49

Have they stopped the song vote now?

Date: June 25, 2022 11:06

Who is out on the line? I am here.

Posted by: strayRooster ()
Date: June 25, 2022 11:13

Just landed from NY
Good to be here, good to be anywhere, really.
Where is the warm up party?
Am at Hilton Kensington.
Still in need for an AMS ticket.

i hear a click clack

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 25, 2022 11:17

daspyknows
Who is out on the line? I am here.

Are there people queueing up already? I’m Gold Circle East, South Entrance. Gates open at 1pm for us.

Posted by: Glimmer Twins ()
Date: June 25, 2022 11:23

strayRooster
Just landed from NY
Good to be here, good to be anywhere, really.
Where is the warm up party?
Am at Hilton Kensington.
Still in need for an AMS ticket.

[www.ticketmaster.nl]

Date: June 25, 2022 11:26

About 25 ppl in line for Diamond VIP at gate 17C.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-25 11:27 by Topi.

Posted by: wolundamo ()
Date: June 25, 2022 11:28

Where is the hyde park litho/shirt?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031Next
Current Page: 26 of 31

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home