Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 31
Re: London UK 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Date: June 21, 2022 21:31

jmd
johnnythunders
Anyone know times for WOD and Phoebe Bridger ? Asking for a friend...

Phoebe Bridgers 4:50-5:40
WOD 6:20-7:20
Stones 8:05-10:20

(It’s all in the app…)

Cheers!

So….soundcheck around 3:00pm?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 21, 2022 22:44

no stone unturned
jmd
johnnythunders
Anyone know times for WOD and Phoebe Bridger ? Asking for a friend...

Phoebe Bridgers 4:50-5:40
WOD 6:20-7:20
Stones 8:05-10:20

(It’s all in the app…)

Cheers!

So….soundcheck around 3:00pm?

I don't think anyone gets to do a soundcheck at BST. Early entry people get in at 1pm.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 22, 2022 08:46

See you all on Saturday

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 22, 2022 09:59

Is there a location for saturday afternoon pre-show drinks organised??

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 22, 2022 10:15

Weather forecast right now says no rain:

[www.yr.no]

Date: June 22, 2022 10:26

100 aircraft mechanics in strike now over here, out of 400. Might be another 45 today... Soon, my flight on Friday morning will be hit or miss, if they can't come to an agreement.

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: June 22, 2022 10:29

Question for those who already attend shows in that venue
I will probably have a small travel bag but bigger than allowed to enter with.
St Pancras bagage service is open 8-23, not convenient for my return train on sunday (leaving 8h00 boarding 30mn before)
Is there any lockers at the venue ?

Date: June 22, 2022 10:36

I don't think they're gonna have lockers at Hyde Park.

Here's what BST says on their website:

• Suitcases, luggage and large bags (anything bigger than A4 sized bags) are prohibited. Note that cloakroom facilities are limited to holders of The VIP Summer Garden tickets only and there are no cloakroom facilities elsewhere at the event. You can leave your bags at one of Stasher’s hundreds of left luggage locations for only £6 per day (insured up to £1000). Locations within walking distance of festival. Use the code BST for 10% off: listed here. Train stations in London where items can be stored for a fee are listed here.

[www.bst-hydepark.com]

Links in the quote:

[stasher.com]

[www.visitlondon.com]

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: June 22, 2022 10:40

DandelionPowderman
100 aircraft mechanics in strike now over here, out of 400. Might be another 45 today... Soon, my flight on Friday morning will be hit or miss, if they can't come to an agreement.

Fingers crossed. Where are you flying in from?

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: June 22, 2022 11:03

Maybe it's already been discussed but, are the Stones bringing the whole production to Hyde Park or they will play on the festival's stage with its productions? Hoping not the latter.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 22, 2022 11:21

dunhill
Maybe it's already been discussed but, are the Stones bringing the whole production to Hyde Park or they will play on the festival's stage with its productions? Hoping not the latter.

Hyde Park is a Festival. On all festivals the Stones played so far they used the Festival stage and brought their own Catwalk with them. Just like in 2013.

Date: June 22, 2022 11:27

Tumlin73
DandelionPowderman

Fingers crossed. Where are you flying in from?

Thanks. Oslo, Norway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-22 11:27 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 22, 2022 11:41

hockenheim95
dunhill

Hyde Park is a Festival. On all festivals the Stones played so far they used the Festival stage and brought their own Catwalk with them. Just like in 2013.

True - but this time might be different since their new "stage" seems to be a wrap for a standard festival stage.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 22, 2022 11:48

sjs12
hockenheim95
dunhill

True - but this time might be different since their new "stage" seems to be a wrap for a standard festival stage.

But BST is a more elaborated festival stage with lots of screens and decorations. There's no way they will build the Stones Stage on the morning of the Stones show. Elton John plays friday and the gates open very early on Saturday. Same on Sunday. They will use BST stage for 100%.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 22, 2022 12:25

hockenheim95
sjs12
hockenheim95
dunhill

But BST is a more elaborated festival stage with lots of screens and decorations. There's no way they will build the Stones Stage on the morning of the Stones show. Elton John plays friday and the gates open very early on Saturday. Same on Sunday. They will use BST stage for 100%.

As long as our boys are playing, I couldn't care less about the stage.

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: June 22, 2022 14:05

MartinB
hockenheim95
sjs12
hockenheim95
dunhill

Well, yeah, me tto, but I cared for my kids, 8 and 11, it would have been cool had they had their own production.
Last week we had some major festivals in Italy, with Metallica, RHCP and Green Day playing on different nights and each band had its own production.

Date: June 22, 2022 14:18

Adrian-L

Would like to know as well. Forgot the name of the pub ( once again ) for the first Hyde park concert, it was a decent venue.

Date: June 22, 2022 14:18

Adrian-L

Would like to know as well. Forgot the name of the pub ( once again ) for the first Hyde park concert, it was a decent venue.

Date: June 22, 2022 14:34

Do you guys mean the Pride of Paddington?

It's right next to Paddington station.

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-22 14:36 by Topi.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 22, 2022 14:49

Tumlin73
Adrian-L

Afternoon Gents,

It was The Monkey Puzzle, I think.

Looks like I'm gonna have to throw this weekend away...bit gutted as I really wanted to see The IORR Band tear it up, and meet you loons once again.

I wish everyone going as stress and hassle-free a trip as is possible!

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: June 22, 2022 14:52

SimonN
Tumlin73
Adrian-L

Afternoon Gents,

Looks like I'm gonna have to throw this weekend away...bit gutted as I really wanted to see The IORR Band tear it up, and meet you loons once again.

Cheers,

Simon.

That sounds like the one.

Was looking forward to seeing you Simon.

sad smileyRe: London UK 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: eismann ()
Date: June 22, 2022 14:53

Sadly our party of three has to cancel travel for Hyde Park 1 due to positive corona testssad smiley.
At the moment We still hold tickets for the Pre 60 Party ft. the Dirty Strangers + special guests on Friday 8:00 PM at the Troubadour, West Brompton Road. If this seems interesting please leave a message here,
Our Diamond Vip Experience. Tier 2, Garden Entry tickets are covered by insurance and will be given back to AXS on Friday latest if no one here has a better idea.
So happy that we made it to Munich beforesmiling smiley

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 22, 2022 15:53

Tumlin73
SimonN
Tumlin73
Adrian-L

Afternoon Gents,

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi Mike & Adrian,

Yeah, same here: really wanted to have a cooling beverage with you and also the other IORR folk whom I only know through their high-quality ramblings, hah-hah!

In truth, the actual show was priority #3 behind seeing the IORR Band and meeting people. I rate Hyde Park as a venue pretty much right down there with Slane...that said, it'll still be a blast!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: June 22, 2022 16:11

dunhill
MartinB
hockenheim95
sjs12
hockenheim95
dunhill

Well, yeah, me tto, but I cared for my kids, 8 and 11, it would have been cool had they had their own production.
Last week we had some major festivals in Italy, with Metallica, RHCP and Green Day playing on different nights and each band had its own production.

wasn't this BST stage built for the stones, though?

that's why it's called the oaks stage

an attempt to recreate the view at the 69 hyde park show when the stones played in 2013

Date: June 22, 2022 16:12

SimonN
Tumlin73
SimonN
Tumlin73
Adrian-L

Afternoon Gents,

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi Mike & Adrian,

Yeah, same here: really wanted to have a cooling beverage with you and also the other IORR folk whom I only know through their high-quality ramblings, hah-hah!

In truth, the actual show was priority #3 behind seeing the IORR Band and meeting people. I rate Hyde Park as a venue pretty much right down there with Slane...that said, it'll still be a blast!

Cheers,

Simon.

thumbs up

Have you any more concerts lined up, Simon?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 22, 2022 16:41

SimonN

Cheers,

Simon.

Dang it Simon, terrible news! Hope you’re still able to find a way and salvage things, it would be a shame to miss meeting you!

Date: June 22, 2022 17:12

rayrad

an attempt to recreate the view at the 69 hyde park show when the stones played in 2013

I wouldn't say that. After all, numerous other acts have headlined the BST festival by now. Yes, the Stones were the very first back in 2013. But the stage has been pretty much the same all throughout the years. What it comes down to is just a regular festival stage with some tree-like decorations.

The Stones will just add a catwalk and that's it.

Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: June 22, 2022 17:19

Topi
rayrad

I wouldn't say that. After all, numerous other acts have headlined the BST festival by now. Yes, the Stones were the very first back in 2013. But the stage has been pretty much the same all throughout the years. What it comes down to is just a regular festival stage with some tree-like decorations.

The Stones will just add a catwalk and that's it.

right

but i thought i remembered it as being specifically built to make that connection with the 69 show

could be my old brain, though!

Date: June 22, 2022 17:43

See some of you in The Monkey Puzzle on Saturday lunch time then smiling smiley

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: June 22, 2022 17:52

See you at the Monkey Puzzle on Saturday.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 31

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1367
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home