Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 31
Re: London UK 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 21, 2022 13:31

grzegorz67
Anyone know if a QR Code on the AXS App will be enough to get me in ? I haven't bothered with the BST App as it seems to be troublesome.

I'll be queueing from early for GC East, rain, hail or shine. A bit of rain won't hurt winking smiley

I think BST said that the AXS app will work as well.

However, there is nothing troublesome about the BST app, it will work with your AXS login details just fine. From what I gather it's very similar to the AXS app.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-21 13:40 by Topi.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 21, 2022 13:40

Topi
grzegorz67
Anyone know if a QR Code on the AXS App will be enough to get me in ? I haven't bothered with the BST App as it seems to be troublesome.

I'll be queueing from early for GC East, rain, hail or shine. A bit of rain won't hurt winking smiley

However, there is nothing troublesome about the BST app, it will work with your AXS login details just fine.

Thanks Topi. I think the crucial bit is generating a valid QR code to get past the scanners and get a wrist band. Are there any additional benefits in getting the BST App. does anyone know?

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: June 21, 2022 14:42

grzegorz67
Topi
grzegorz67

However, there is nothing troublesome about the BST app, it will work with your AXS login details just fine.

Thanks Topi. I think the crucial bit is generating a valid QR code to get past the scanners and get a wrist band. Are there any additional benefits in getting the BST App. does anyone know?

Mine are on the AXS app, I had an email from ticketmaster stating to transfer the tickets over to the BST app.
I’ve got the QR code through the AXS app and can’t see the point of downloading the BST app as well to be honest.

Date: June 21, 2022 14:56

I think what BST has been saying is while the AXS app will work for access they are encouraging you to download the BST app for event updates etc.

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: June 21, 2022 14:58

I downloaded the BST app.
Then connect with email and pw I used for booking
In return I saw a QR code changing every minute ! No way to print it neither picture it. Just in case the app decides not to work on D day. For many reasons. My frebch phone can refuse to work in UK, the network can be unavailable, battery can die, ...
That is very stressfull.
Any idea to exchange that with a stupid paper to print ?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 21, 2022 14:59

lenurb
In return I saw a QR code changing every minute ! No way to print it neither picture it. Just in case the app decides not to work on D day. For many reasons. My frebch phone can refuse to work in UK, the network can be unavailable, battery can die, ...
That is very stressfull.

The QR code refresh still works even if you aren't connected to the internet. I tested it. I have the AXS app.

Date: June 21, 2022 14:59

lenurb
That is very stressfull.

It will work even without Internet connection. The only thing to worry about is your battery smiling smiley

Date: June 21, 2022 15:01

DandelionPowderman
The Worst.
DandelionPowderman
The Worst.
I must use the AXS app for Hyde Park 2, but O2 Venue App for Hyde Park 1. Anyone else experiencing this? I finally got the AXS app working, but can't figure out this O2 App.

Why can't you use the BST-app?

For the first show I bought thru AXS, for the second I bought thru Ticketmaster. And they don't deliver tickets to the same app apparently. I am a bit confused. I'm not really a smart phone user, I have to borrow one to get in. I find this whole thing stressful!

It's possible to transfer your ticket from the one app to the other.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-21 15:42 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: jstanek ()
Date: June 21, 2022 15:40

lenurb
That is very stressfull.

maybe you just need to calm down

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: June 21, 2022 15:55

DandelionPowderman
lenurb
That is very stressfull.

It will work even without Internet connection. The only thing to worry about is your battery smiling smiley
Surely, and with a plug adaptator for UK ... because additionnal batteries are not allowed ! Well, it's probably only rock'n roll

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 21, 2022 16:18

Father Ted
dierdz
Father Ted
dierdz
Hello guys! I was reading about the strikes but I couldn’t understand if them could affect me.

I’m arriving to Gatwik airport the same Saturday, very early. I have to take a train from there to Victoria Station and then another to the Hyde Park.

Somebody with more knowledge about the city and the trains could help me? Thank you and vamo los stoneee!

There is no Gatwick Express service to Victoria running on Saturday.
[www.gatwickexpress.com]

Looks like your best bet will be a Southern train from Gatwick to London Bridge and then tube/bus/walk to Hyde Park.

London Bridge and Gatwick Airport
"Two trains per hour will run between London Bridge and Gatwick Airport, calling at London Bridge, Norwood Junction, East Croydon, Purley, Redhill, Earlswood, Salfords, Horley and Gatwick Airport only."

Great idea! London Bridge is a train station or a city? Or is it literally the London Bridge?

Sorry for my dummy question, but I just was there once and I don't know the city! Thank you!

London Bridge is a major train station in central south London next to the bridge.

From London Bridge station, get the Jubilee Line (tube) westbound to Green Park. Change at Green Park to the Piccadilly Line (tube) westbound to Hyde Park Corner.

Good luck with all of that given that there is a railway strike and tube strike on Saturday!

I am starting to worry about how I will get there but if it comes to it I'll drive and park somewhere an hours walk outside the area to avoid the worst of the congestion. But if you are driving be warned that traffic is usually terrible and on Saturday will be significantly worse, with numerous large events taking place and no trains or tube. Buses might be OK but I'd assume extremely busy and will be caught up in traffic congestion outside of bus lanes. Getting a Boris Bike might be a better solution.

All I can say is plan your journey very carefully with fall back options and check (and re-check) the various train operator websites.

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: June 21, 2022 16:22

Hey all,

I'm super excited for the show(s) It will be my 8th time seeing the Stones live which is wild but so exciting.

What time is anyone in the Gold section getting there? Doors open at 2pm so what time are other people planning on getting there?

Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: June 21, 2022 16:23

as far as i understand there is NOT a full tube strike on saturday

only a network rail strike (though with SOME tube disruption)

the full tube strike is only today, tuesday

overview: [www.theguardian.com]

tfl (tube operator) advice: [tfl.gov.uk]

some of the pertinent info:

Saturday 25 June

Due to the national rail strike, disruption is expected on the following sections of line:

Bakerloo line - Queens Park to Harrow and Wealdstone
District line - Richmond and Wimbledon branches (sevices will only operate between 07:30 and 18:30)

There is a planned closure on the Waterloo & City line on Saturday 25 June.

There are Friday and Saturday night strikes on the Central, Jubilee and Victoria lines.

for details on saturday's disruption, check your route here: [tfl.gov.uk]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-21 16:31 by rayrad.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 21, 2022 17:00

sjs12
Father Ted
dierdz
Father Ted
dierdz
Hello guys! I was reading about the strikes but I couldn’t understand if them could affect me.

I’m arriving to Gatwik airport the same Saturday, very early. I have to take a train from there to Victoria Station and then another to the Hyde Park.

Somebody with more knowledge about the city and the trains could help me? Thank you and vamo los stoneee!

[www.gatwickexpress.com]

Looks like your best bet will be a Southern train from Gatwick to London Bridge and then tube/bus/walk to Hyde Park.

"Two trains per hour will run between London Bridge and Gatwick Airport, calling at London Bridge, Norwood Junction, East Croydon, Purley, Redhill, Earlswood, Salfords, Horley and Gatwick Airport only."

Great idea! London Bridge is a train station or a city? Or is it literally the London Bridge?

Sorry for my dummy question, but I just was there once and I don't know the city! Thank you!

London Bridge is a major train station in central south London next to the bridge.

From London Bridge station, get the Jubilee Line (tube) westbound to Green Park. Change at Green Park to the Piccadilly Line (tube) westbound to Hyde Park Corner.

Good luck with all of that given that there is a railway strike and tube strike on Saturday!

I am starting to worry about how I will get there but if it comes to it I'll drive and park somewhere an hours walk outside the area to avoid the worst of the congestion. But if you are driving be warned that traffic is usually terrible and on Saturday will be significantly worse, with numerous large events taking place and no trains or tube. Buses might be OK but I'd assume extremely busy and will be caught up in traffic congestion outside of bus lanes. Getting a Boris Bike might be a better solution.

All I can say is plan your journey very carefully with fall back options and check (and re-check) the various train operator websites.

Some trains are running with limited frequency, incl trains between Gatwick and London Bridge.

Date: June 21, 2022 17:24

Father Ted
sjs12
Father Ted
dierdz
Father Ted
dierdz

[www.gatwickexpress.com]

Some trains are running with limited frequency, incl trains between Gatwick and London Bridge.

My daughter's train was meant to be running according to the operators website this morning. What happens on the ground is a different matter so she didn't make it to college. Hence my comment about not only planning but also having a backup plan.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 21, 2022 17:30

sjs12
Father Ted
sjs12
Father Ted
dierdz
Father Ted
dierdz

[www.gatwickexpress.com]

My daughter's train was meant to be running according to the operators website this morning. What happens on the ground is a different matter so she didn't make it to college. Hence my comment about not only planning but also having a backup plan.

Agree. I would not rely on the remnant trains, too risky.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 21, 2022 18:09

I've been down to Epsom Station which is 5 minute walk away,and not a single train running on June 21st,23rd and 25th.

Three buses to get to Hyde Park area.

Not looking good from where I live. confused smiley

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: June 21, 2022 18:27

Is there a map to see the locations of entrance for each area?

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: June 21, 2022 18:43

Talks back on tomorrow.

If anything agreed it would be too late for Thursday, but Orishas for Saturday, fingers crossed, well everything crossed.

Date: June 21, 2022 18:44

Festival map here:

[www.bst-hydepark.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-21 18:44 by Topi.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: June 21, 2022 18:50

Thanks a lot, so if I have Gold circle East I should go to South Entrance?

Posted by: dierdz ()
Date: June 21, 2022 18:56

Thanks guys for all the advices and information.

Sunday 26th trains will work as usual, right? Or I should take care about this day too?

Date: June 21, 2022 18:59

BBrew
Thanks a lot, so if I have Gold circle East I should go to South Entrance?

Not sure about that. Would seem so,but can't hurt to reach out to BST on their social to make sure.

Date: June 21, 2022 19:03

dierdz
Thanks guys for all the advices and information.

Sunday 26th trains will work as usual, right? Or I should take care about this day too?

In theory they should be back up and running but of course there will be over-spill of disruption from the previous day. So do take care and plan ahead if you can, but you should be OK if you allow plenty of time for your journey and expect some delays or cancellations.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: June 21, 2022 19:23

Anyone know times for WOD and Phoebe Bridger ? Asking for a friend...

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: June 21, 2022 19:28

johnnythunders

Phoebe Bridgers 4:50-5:40
WOD 6:20-7:20
Stones 8:05-10:20

(It’s all in the app…)

Cheers!

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: June 21, 2022 19:30

Couldn't find it on mine so thank you!

Date: June 21, 2022 19:30

Thanks.

I’ll turn up at 5:41 then ;-)

Posted by: Fishstain ()
Date: June 21, 2022 20:10

Map is up for Hyde
[www.bst-hydepark.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-21 20:11 by Fishstain.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 21, 2022 20:30

jmd
johnnythunders

WOD 6:20-7:20
Stones 8:05-10:20

(It’s all in the app…)

Cheers!

It’s really good to know the boys are given 2 hrs and 15 mins. IIRC last time they were there they were given only 1 hr and 45 mins on the timetable and the information caused a lot of commotion among the IORRers, although they eventually ended up playing over 2 hrs.

I’m greatly looking forward to seeing Phoebe Bridgers and War On Drugs, too. Fantastic lineup — it makes up well enough for missing out the new stage.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 31

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home