Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 31
Re: London UK 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 7, 2022 04:58

For those who are traveling into London for both Hyde Park shows what is everyone doing between the shows?

I am planning on seeing LCD Soundsystem in Brixton on the 28th and heading to Rock Werchter on the 30th for Pearl Jam, First Aid Kit and War on Drugs.

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: April 8, 2022 19:46

Hey ya all. Have come in late to grab tickets. Going with my daughter and have got two for the gold vip hydeaway. Kinda figured out that the hydeaway is at the back of the stage and we get in via gold circle Ronnie side. My question is has anyone had these kind of tickets before and any advice? This will be my daughters first time she's in her forties so standing ain't a thing for her it's just her old man ie me that has the week bladder
. !!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 9, 2022 21:12

daspyknows
For those who are traveling into London for both Hyde Park shows what is everyone doing between the shows?

I am planning on seeing LCD Soundsystem in Brixton on the 28th and heading to Rock Werchter on the 30th for Pearl Jam, First Aid Kit and War on Drugs.

Going to see the Dandy Warhols in Leeds on the 26th.

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: April 10, 2022 17:47

Tt looks like the chili perpers, G&R, Green Day and a ton of other great artest are playing in and around london from 6/24 to 7/4.

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: April 10, 2022 17:50

The only downside to only see the Stones at the London shows is that we wont get to see the new stage setup.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 10, 2022 19:11

jason8903
The only downside to only see the Stones at the London shows is that we wont get to see the new stage setup.

This.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 10, 2022 21:21

jason8903

So go to more than 2. I am also doing Brussels.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: April 13, 2022 05:41

First time visit to London & Europe. Which one of the airports is closest to London? I've been tracking the distance from the hotel to STN, LTN & LGW. Looks like they are about 30+ miles away. I haven't checked Heathrow yet. Thanks!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 13, 2022 07:19

Sockers56
First time visit to London & Europe. Which one of the airports is closest to London? I've been tracking the distance from the hotel to STN, LTN & LGW. Looks like they are about 30+ miles away. I haven't checked Heathrow yet. Thanks!

London Gatwick is the closest to Hyde Park, I’d say. You can get the Gatwick Express rail service direct from the airport to London Victoria station.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 13, 2022 08:47

Big Al
Sockers56

London Gatwick is the closest to Hyde Park, I’d say. You can get the Gatwick Express rail service direct from the airport to London Victoria station.

I´d chose Heathrow or London City Airport. Form Heatrow take the tube (Piccadilly Line)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 13, 2022 08:56

slewan
Big Al
Sockers56

I´d chose Heathrow or London City Airport. Form Heatrow take the tube (Piccadilly Line)

Yes, of course. It all depends on the location you’re travelling from. For me, it’ll be a walk to Marble Arch and Hyde Park from Victoria. My brother and I will be meeting in the Pimlico area for beer and food - mainly beer! - before making our way to the park.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 13, 2022 09:02

Sockers56

Hi Sockers. I think timbernardis introduced us at the shidoobee party last November in Florida smiling smiley Honestly, if you're flying from the US it really doesn't matter which airport you are using. I used Luton, Gatwick, Heathrow and most often Stanstead and you have good train connections from all of them. I would look after the cheapest flight, not after the nearest airport as all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Heathrow looks like it's nearest to town but you have to take a long ride on the tube if you don't take the expensive express while the train from the other airports takes you directly to central London (different stations)!

Book your train tickets in advance! They'll be a lot cheaper then!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-13 09:03 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: April 13, 2022 11:25

Hi all,

Just wanted to confirm - are you also still waiting for your tickets to show up via AXS appli?

Also, could someone kindly recommend nice dining place in London? Preferably somewhere where they serve shepherd's pie. winking smiley

Thank

Date: April 13, 2022 13:16

hockenheim95
Sockers56

Hi Sockers. I think timbernardis introduced us at the shidoobee party last November in Florida smiling smiley Honestly, if you're flying from the US it really doesn't matter which airport you are using. I used Luton, Gatwick, Heathrow and most often Stanstead and you have good train connections from all of them. I would look after the cheapest flight, not after the nearest airport as all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Heathrow looks like it's nearest to town but you have to take a long ride on the tube if you don't take the expensive express while the train from the other airports takes you directly to central London (different stations)!

Book your train tickets in advance! They'll be a lot cheaper then!

We were probably introduced. That was a huge gathering for sure. Thank you very much for your input. It is greately appreciated!

Date: April 13, 2022 13:19

Big Al
Sockers56

Thank you very much!

Date: April 13, 2022 13:25

slewan
Big Al
Sockers56

Thank you, slewan!

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: April 13, 2022 17:34

Hello,

Saw this posted on my old great mate Dave Hepworth's Twitter doo-dah:
"Is this how the group formerly known as the Rolling Stones now bill themselves?"

Good point, well made. Forever it shall be, "Ladies and Gentlemen, will you please welcome...The Rolling Stones!"...

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 13, 2022 18:39

To be fair, they billed themselves as just "Stones" all throughout No Filter.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: April 13, 2022 19:27

Topi
To be fair, they billed themselves as just "Stones" all throughout No Filter.

Hi Topi,

Right, that's it...I'll be having a stern word with Sir Jaggz about this nonsense, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: April 14, 2022 11:17

By the way...anyone knows when new (beautiful) t-shirts will be available online? I mean with Stones SIXTY and so on,..

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 15, 2022 14:51

Sockers56

Heathrow is closest to central London at 15 miles, although travel time by train isn’t significantly shorter than the journeys from Gatwick or Stansted.

Date: April 15, 2022 15:16

Father Ted
Sockers56

Heathrow is closest to central London at 15 miles, although travel time by train isn’t significantly shorter than the journeys from Gatwick or Stansted.

London City airport (LCY) is even closer. Beside that Heathrow's biggest advantage is that it is well conncected to London by public transport (Piccadilly Line) – you don't need to pay for expensive tickets for Gatwick or Standstad Express.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: April 16, 2022 07:11

I have ever used all 4 airports around London and recommend Heathrow for first timers.
Metro line access from termimals to city centre is a huge advantage. No need to care about airport bus stop location and drop off point in the city.

London City Airport is also good but I guess it has only short distance flights between european cities. Very limited usage especially from another continent.

I will land on Luton from Milan though.

Date: April 16, 2022 09:07

Same here. We will be travelling from Luton winking smiley

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 16, 2022 10:59

slewan
Father Ted
Sockers56

London City airport (LCY) is even closer. Beside that Heathrow's biggest advantage is that it is well conncected to London by public transport (Piccadilly Line) – you don't need to pay for expensive tickets for Gatwick or Standstad Express.

Stansted and Gatwick are both well-served by frequent trains into central London. London City is only served by DLR, iirc.

Date: April 16, 2022 11:22

Father Ted
slewan
Father Ted
Sockers56

Stansted and Gatwick are both well-served by frequent trains into central London. London City is only served by DLR, iirc.

well, tickets for Gatwick Express are 18-20 GBP while the tube from Heathrow to London is just 6 GBP…

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 16, 2022 12:02

slewan
Father Ted
slewan
Father Ted
Sockers56

well, tickets for Gatwick Express are 18-20 GBP while the tube from Heathrow to London is just 6 GBP…

Can we all agree that it makes more sense to look for the most suitable/cheapest flight than for the arrival Airport in London?

Btw in 2018 I payed more for transportation from Stanstead to London than for the actual flights...6,99€ per flight with Ryanair.

Date: April 16, 2022 13:07

hockenheim95
slewan
Father Ted
slewan
Father Ted
Sockers56

Can we all agree that it makes more sense to look for the most suitable/cheapest flight than for the arrival Airport in London?.

of course. My point is just: if you have a choice Heathrow or LCY are more convenient.

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: April 24, 2022 12:09

Anybody here any idea about (the timing of) the completion of these Hyde Park days' line-ups?
Surely other acts will be announced...? So any guesses on who/when?

Thx -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-24 13:52 by deeeskannnie.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: April 25, 2022 21:44

daspyknows

Obviously one day before 25 June show, Elton John and one day after Eagles, both in BST Hyde Park smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 31

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1208
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home