Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 31
Re: London UK 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 19, 2022 20:38

petewasbristol
bv
petewasbristol
Just trying to plan trains home. There is a train from Paddington back home to Bristol at 11.30 for the first Hyde Park gig. Can anyone remember what time the BST shows end? I know they have a curfew for 11.00 but I believe (if I remember rightly) that most bands finish at 10.30 (I think in 2013 Stones came on stage at 8.30 and ended at 10.30?). Thank you to anyone who can help. I will be walking (probably running) back through Hyde Park to Paddington at the end to avoid the underground btw!

I do believe there is a 10:30pm curfew for London.
The two Hyde Park shows in 2013 ended shortly before 10:30pm.
Same with the two London Stadium shows in 2018, the last one finished 10:18pm.

Thanks BV. Much appreciated. Roll on June!

London has had a 10.30 curfew for live music since the early 80s. More recently, all other U.K. cities have followed suit - they all had 10.30 curfews in 2018. I seem to remember Sheffield 1995 ending at about 10 to midnight!

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: March 19, 2022 21:38

So if the map is correct, if we have ticket for golden circle East, if we are early enough, we can be in front of the stage?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 19, 2022 22:31

BBrew
So if the map is correct, if we have ticket for golden circle East, if we are early enough, we can be in front of the stage?

Correct !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: March 19, 2022 23:19

Re the 10.30 pm curfew .....
Just as well, given the pitiful lack of late-night public transport in the UK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-19 23:19 by nobodyimportant.

Date: March 19, 2022 23:24

nobodyimportant

It's fine in London. Just don't hang around too long after the show. Make sure you get your train or bus. If going to Hyde Park, please note they often close Marble Arch Tube station after gigs in the park - it just gets swamped. head for a nearby station.

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: March 20, 2022 00:21

nobodyimportant

Spot on. It’s a disgusting service, makes me ashamed to be British in some ways. Embarrassing comes to mind.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: March 20, 2022 21:30

After the 2019 concert by Dylan I was quite surprised that there was no public transport and I had to walk back to the hotel, which took about 90 mins.
This time I booked a room really close to the Park.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 20, 2022 21:47

Be particularly careful on the 3rd, which is a Sunday and the transport will close down even earlier!

But with a 10.30 end to the concert you should be OK.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: March 20, 2022 23:31

grzegorz67
nobodyimportant

It's fine in London. Just don't hang around too long after the show. Make sure you get your train or bus. If going to Hyde Park, please note they often close Marble Arch Tube station after gigs in the park - it just gets swamped. head for a nearby station.

That's all very well but it depends where you have to get back to. London's not too bad for me on a weeknight as there is a later train, but it doesn't run on Saturday or Sunday nights.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 21, 2022 01:07

10:30pm curfew is good information.smiling smiley
Then what part in the park the stage installed and entrances ??

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 21, 2022 01:30

a bigger nut

Entrances depend on the type of ticket you have.

BST Hyde Park takes place on the Parade Ground on the East side of Hyde Park.

Date: March 21, 2022 01:35

a bigger nut

The BST festival site has been in the North East corner of Hyde Park since it began, 10 or 11 years ago. The stage is at the South End of the site and faces North hence Gold Circle East for Ronnie's side and West for Keith with a diamond pit that side.

GA usually enters at the North East corner at Marble Arch where Bayswater Road meets Park Lane. It was a helluva long walk/run to grab a good spot in 2013 when the gates opened

The other sections usually have their own separate entrances down near the stage.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 21, 2022 13:43

Thank you guys.
As I missed Sweet Summer Sun 2013, this is my first Hyde Park concert, first time Stones London show.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: March 22, 2022 01:54

Thanks for those logistics, grzegorz67 smileys with beer

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 23, 2022 02:47

can somebody superimpose the BST color map over a real map of Hyde Park?

Posted by: UrbanwearTS ()
Date: March 23, 2022 17:17

DREAMTIME
can somebody superimpose the BST color map over a real map of Hyde Park?

Found an old BST event map online, might be something like this.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-23 22:40 by UrbanwearTS.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 24, 2022 16:12

Is general admission for the 3rd already sold out except the early bird tickets for 111?

Do you think they will come back?

Date: March 24, 2022 18:35

I got a bit ahead of myself and pre-purchased 2 extra hotel rooms that I don't need. I can't cancel them as they were advanced rate.
£125 per Twin room if anyone is looking for a room near the park:

NOX HOTELS | Hyde Park
Address: 104-110 Queensway, London, W2 3RR, London

Looking for moneyback only smiling smiley

Posted by: cwalters ()
Date: March 28, 2022 18:45

Flight, hotel, and ticket all purchased! This will be my first time ever visiting Europe (I live in the US). I was lucky enough to catch the Nashville, Tampa, and Las Vegas shows last year. Now I'll be at the July 3 show in London in Gold Circle East.

My hotel is right next to Russell Square. Is that a good place to stay? I'm a runner, so I plan on doing as much sightseeing as possible on my runs. I thought the proximity to the two big parks and the Thames was a plus. The room is refundable so if I picked a bad spot, I can switch no problem.

Any other tips for a first-time visitor? I'm young (late 20s) and traveling solo.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: March 28, 2022 18:51

cwalters
Flight, hotel, and ticket all purchased! This will be my first time ever visiting Europe (I live in the US). I was lucky enough to catch the Nashville, Tampa, and Las Vegas shows last year. Now I'll be at the July 3 show in London in Gold Circle East.

My hotel is right next to Russell Square. Is that a good place to stay? I'm a runner, so I plan on doing as much sightseeing as possible on my runs. I thought the proximity to the two big parks and the Thames was a plus. The room is refundable so if I picked a bad spot, I can switch no problem.

Any other tips for a first-time visitor? I'm young (late 20s) and traveling solo.

You can run, but it's very built-up city. It's not far from Regent's Park, which is good for running. I live nearby, but I usually run on the Regent's Canal, which goes from West London to East (through Camden) with a part up on the streets near Angel Station.
Also, you can sign up for parkrun and get a bar code and you can run a 5K on Saturday morning. They have them all over the country (and in many other countries. I did one in Atlanta after the Stones show last year). parkrun.com
I usually run the Highbury Fields one.

Date: March 29, 2022 17:27

Regular GA available for both shows right now.

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: March 29, 2022 17:38

Does anybody have any info or clue whatsoever about when the BST app will be available?

Date: March 30, 2022 02:59

daspyknows

That’s good. The 1st show is definitely selling better than the 2nd. It was the same in 2013, though back then the shows went on sale a week apart. The 2nd show in 2013 wasn’t quite a sellout. I’m not buying yet. I will be in the park, Ticketless on both showdays. It won’t be hard to get one. A pity there were no lucky dips for these shows or else I’d have bought some.

Date: March 30, 2022 18:25

Going to bite the bullet and treat myself and my wife to the hotel & diamond ticket.hot smiley

I do take it, the diamond ticket is more or less a pit ticket?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 30, 2022 19:04

Yes, Diamond is Keith side pit.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 30, 2022 19:05

grzegorz67
daspyknows

That’s good. The 1st show is definitely selling better than the 2nd. It was the same in 2013, though back then the shows went on sale a week apart. The 2nd show in 2013 wasn’t quite a sellout. I’m not buying yet. I will be in the park, Ticketless on both showdays. It won’t be hard to get one. A pity there were no lucky dips for these shows or else I’d have bought some.

Just be aware that there is no resale market for the Hyde Park tickets because they will all be on the BST Hyde Park app, with changing QR codes. You won't be able to buy a ticket "on the street". Also not sure if the box office will have any.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-30 19:07 by Topi.

Date: March 30, 2022 19:06

Topi
Yes, Diamond is Keith side pit.

Thanks.

Date: March 30, 2022 19:29

Topi
grzegorz67
daspyknows

Just be aware that there is no resale market for the Hyde Park tickets because they will all be on the BST Hyde Park app, with changing QR codes. You won't be able to buy a ticket "on the street". Also not sure if the box office will have any.

Seller would need to walk you in.

Date: March 30, 2022 22:44

daspyknows
Topi
grzegorz67
daspyknows

Seller would need to walk you in.

I imagine there will be a lot of that happening on the day. The anti tout security measures are actually quite impressive imho. 3 months+ between tickets going on sale and show day. All sorts of things can happen to stop people attending and having spares to shift. Tbh, I’d be quite happy to stand in the park and listen from outside with no restrictions on food or drink. Many do every year. It’s in the middle of a city. As I’m dipping 3 other shows, I wouldn’t be at all bothered about not getting in. I just can’t justify spending that much on tickets to see the band at this stage though I remain very much a fan.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 1, 2022 00:50

I will probably be doing the same as you Gregor when it comes to The Hyde Park gigs, and just going to Hyde Park and finding the best place a couple of hours maybe before the gig to get the best sound.
Hoping to see you again sometime on the day. thumbs up
Only a trip on the train from Epsom for me, and probably get there early afternoon and plenty of time to take it easy and see a few other fans there.
Last time I saw a gig there was The Who back in about 2015 or 2016 as you were, and loved the whole afternoon that day with great support acts.

As I'm a few years older than then, and spending hours in the same space to safeguard your spot is not my idea of fun as a 70 year old live music fan.

Really looking forward to The IORR Band June 24th, and meeting you again Gregor, and plenty of Stones fans there. smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 31

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1308
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home