Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: Milan Italy 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: June 18, 2022 22:25

Where are you guys checking flight status?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 18, 2022 22:58

Stoneswolf
I wonder if we will get some "health update" from Mick before they show.
In case they cancel I hope they will tell us before Tuesday.

Hoping for the best.thumbs up

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 19, 2022 00:01

Oriongalaxy
Where are you guys checking flight status?

[de.flightaware.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 19, 2022 01:32

For those interested in, Mick's in town, seeing sights, sharing photos in a social media, etc. Business as normal. No reason to ask any further statements.

Two shows missed, but The Stones roll again. That's it.

Enjoy the show, people.

- Doxa

Date: June 19, 2022 10:18

Doxa
For those interested in, Mick's in town, seeing sights, sharing photos in a social media, etc. Business as normal. No reason to ask any further statements.

Enjoy the show, people.

- Doxa

Where do you see Mick sharing photos in social media from Milan?

Date: June 19, 2022 10:58

hockenheim95
Doxa

Enjoy the show, people.

- Doxa

Where do you see Mick sharing photos in social media from Milan?

Exactly. Where did you see those?
Obviously people will enjoy the show, but they are getting anxious not seeing the band's truck, thev stage being built, the Band members around in social media...

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: June 19, 2022 11:58

I got a positive Covid test and symptoms the same day as Mick. I was able to fly to Milan, just arrived, very tired.
This Covid stuff makes you extremely tired and i guess recovery until righ before the show is a must.I was training for a marathon and had to stop it all,

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: June 19, 2022 12:13

No song vote for Milan?!? Troubles are coming…

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: June 19, 2022 12:21

Just wondering, are your tests negative now? Or are you going to the show regardless?

Date: June 19, 2022 13:02

Christos
Just wondering, are your tests negative now? Or are you going to the show regardless?

Oh I live in Vietnam so (1) we wear mask in public places (2) i meet my kids in Milan, for sure the idea is to NOT give them Covid (3) litterature shows you are not contagious after 5 to 7 days from first symptoms (4) rapid test negative (5) i did not do pcr because they are not as relevant as rapid test to assess if ine is contagious.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 19, 2022 13:13

Fotinid

Hi Fotinid, where do you got this from?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-19 13:13 by MAF.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: June 19, 2022 13:19

1963luca0

There also wasn’t one for Liverpool

Date: June 19, 2022 13:57

LorenzAgain
1963luca0

There also wasn’t one for Liverpool

But in Liverpool they decided to honoured The Beatles with their song.
Here in Milan we expert vote song.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 19, 2022 14:32

Sometimes vote start showday morning.

Date: June 19, 2022 14:53

on with the show good health to you

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: June 19, 2022 14:54

BV ..please news Milano ...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 19, 2022 14:54

May be they want to play "Con Le Mie Lacrime", they did it two times in the past, Milan 2006 and Lucca 2017.

I don't really care about the song vote. Mick is the singer, he should decide on what to sing, this is actually a quote from Keith, regarding the set list.

The Milan show is on unless Mick's doctor says something else. We will know a lot more tomorrow morning, then they should be in Milan, normally arriving in the late afternoon two days before show time.

Remember most problems never happen!

Bjornulf

Date: June 19, 2022 14:55

Concert is in 48 hours so plenty of time for a Songvote. But they might skip it and do a shorter set depending on Micks status.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 19, 2022 15:03

Fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
With two shows already being disrupted, hate to see it happen again for the band's sake, and for all who are planning on attending.
First and foremost hope Mick has fully recovered - no song vote, no big deal......keep on rolling...........

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: June 19, 2022 15:04

thanks BV .. so it's still nothing safe for Milan, they are waiting for Mick's forces ... here in Italy no news turns out .... everything is stand by ..

Date: June 19, 2022 15:45

stones2
thanks BV .. so it's still nothing safe for Milan, they are waiting for Mick's forces ... here in Italy no news turns out .... everything is stand by ..

In terms of news you need at least 6 days to get a negative rapid test after the first positive one so June 13 + 6 = today.
The other matter is how one feels after fighting this stuff for one week and usually the answer is "very tired".
As shorter gig would make a lot of sense indeed.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 19, 2022 15:47

Some comments about Covid-19 and laryngitis...

Before the Amsterdam cancellation last week, there have been two cancellations due to Mick having laryngitis, since they started touring every year back in 2012, and they have so far performed 158 shows from 2012 and until now.

First time was Hunter Valley 2014 We could hear Mick had voice problems at the Rod Laver Arena Melbourne show Nov 5. Then they canceled the Hunter Valley Nov 8 show the day before, on Nov 7. Then they were on stage Nov 12 for the Sydney show. Mick was still not 100% ready, Keith did three songs - You Got The Silver, Before They Make Me Run and Happy. So it took a full week to recover, 7 days.

Second time was Las Vegas 2016. Then Mick got laryngitis after the 2nd Desert Trip show on Oct 14. The first Las Vegas show on Oct 19 got cancelled the day before the show, on Oct 18 at 8:26pm, while the second Las Vegas show on Nov 22 went on as normal, Keith did again three songs - Slipping Away, Little T&A and Happy.

Covid-19 is normally contagious 1-2 days BEFORE you test positive, and 1-2 days AFTER you test positive. That is why they recommend wearing a mask as soon as you test positive, and stay away from other people for at least 2-3 days, or more, depending on risk and who you are around. If you work at a nursing home, or if you are in a band where the revenue per show is USD 10 million, I am sure there are stronger rules than just 2-3 days quarantine. That is why the Bern show got canceled so fast. Then it is very hard to test a person out of quarantine. Often the PCR test may be positive for weeks, even if you are not contagious, but I am sure the band has got methods and money to do that part of testing, knowing the level of risk and money involved.

Laryngitis is the main problem. Covid-19, and especially the Omicron variants, tend to stick in your throat, typically a laryngitis issue. Even if are not infectious, you can not sing, but you can of course be on stage doing other stuff.

On Saturday May 21 last month, I was heading to Oslo for a show by the Norwegian group a-ha. It was cancelled late afternoon on show day, because their singer Morten Harket got laryngitis at the show the day before. They later found out he tested positive for Covid-19, also the guitarist Paul Waaktaar-Savoy tested positive. Then they had to cancel five shows, and after three weeks, they were back to Oslo for two shows on June 10 and 11 at the "Over Oslo" festival. Then Morten Harket still struggled with his voice.

I just hope Mick has got a mild version of Covid-19, not giving any laryngitis problems, so that he is ready for Milan, and that may be we get three songs by Keith!

Bjornulf

Date: June 19, 2022 17:01

Do you want to say there is a risk of this show not to happen?

Date: June 19, 2022 17:07

Oriongalaxy
Do you want to say there is a risk of this show not to happen?

Mick was tested positive with COVID less than a week ago. Of course there's still a risk that they need to cancel the Show. I am in Milan since yesterday. I still wouldn't be suprised if they cancel tomorrow.

There's a concert today at San Siro. I assume they're using the same stage structure for the Stones but they surely didn't build up anything extra yet for the Stones show.

Date: June 19, 2022 17:37

But on Thursday both, Mick and the Band, already announced the show will take place. Why you people are messing up?

Date: June 19, 2022 17:39

Oriongalaxy
But on Thursday both, Mick and the Band, already announced the show will take place. Why you people are messing up?

yes there are very confident the show will take place, so I think you should live by this. Ofcourse things can change, but for sure thursday things were looking good.

Posted by: jacopo ()
Date: June 19, 2022 17:50

plane departed on the way to Milano

[www.flightradar24.com]

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 19, 2022 18:00

jacopo
plane departed on the way to Milano

[www.flightradar24.com]
Yeah, they are coming!