Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11
Re: Milan Italy 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: March 27, 2022 13:22

Stone601
Sockers56
Hi, I'm from the US & this will be my first trek to Europe. I'll be flying from Milan to London. What airport should I fly out of Milan? It looks there are 3.
The closest to the city is Linate airport

Thank you very much, Stone601.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-27 13:23 by Sockers56.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 29, 2022 00:47

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-29 00:51 by Sici.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 29, 2022 03:06

Hope Mick doesn’t wear Azzurri shirt .Didn’t he accurately predict in 1982 Italy would win work cup that year

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: March 29, 2022 04:40

My Gold Circle tix arrived in the USA today... pkg leaning against the front door...no signature req'd although I believe the email said I'd be signing!

It's all good, they're here... kinda cool that our names are printed on 'em!

Now waiting for the care package from Bern.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: March 29, 2022 07:28

TKinOH
My Gold Circle tix arrived in the USA today... pkg leaning against the front door...no signature req'd although I believe the email said I'd be signing!

It's all good, they're here... kinda cool that our names are printed on 'em!

Now waiting for the care package from Bern.

Ours are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Checked the on line tracker today; they’ve been visiting various DHL facilities in So Cal since Saturday.

Posted by: vdoq ()
Date: March 29, 2022 08:47

There is no entry number marked on the tickets. Do you know how it will be organized?
Which entrance to which sector?

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: March 29, 2022 09:49

vdoq
There is no entry number marked on the tickets. Do you know how it will be organized?
Which entrance to which sector?
don't worry, you'll easily find your way to your seat.
Ciao, Luca

Date: April 1, 2022 11:20

Hard tickets arrived today.
They say the show starts at 19:30. It's a pity. The sun sets at 21:00 in Milan, in mid-June.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 1, 2022 11:47

1963luca0
They say the show starts at 19:30. It's a pity. The sun sets at 21:00 in Milan, in mid-June.

Show means opening act

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 1, 2022 17:02

hockenheim95
1963luca0

Show means opening act
The Stones wait till sun set. At the Pinkpop Festival we could see this very clear: sun at the horizon, start of the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-02 21:18 by MAF.

Posted by: bustabutton ()
Date: April 5, 2022 10:04

Maybe someone here that's familiar with the layout of San Siro can help...

I am considering Section 105 (close to the stage on Keith's side) or directly across from the stage (section R). Normally side stage is best (I have a 7-year-old daughter so - no Pit) but the way the stage is placed longitudinally in San Siro, the seats opposite are closer to the stage than what they'd normally be with the stage at either end. Any thoughts from somepone thats been? Side stage or across? I want my L.O. to be overwhelmed :-)

Date: April 5, 2022 10:06

MAF
hockenheim95
1963luca0

Show means opening act
The Stones wait till sun set. At the Pinkpop Festival we could see this very clear: sun at the horizon, start of the show.

No they don't, Stones mostly play start 21h.

UK tour 2018 had some shows almost fully in daylight (edinburgh)

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 5, 2022 10:48

It all depends on when the local curfew is. In 2018 Marseille was a much later start (9:45 PM), whereas in London they started before 8:30 PM, London #2 was as early as 8:19 PM.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-05 10:50 by Topi.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 5, 2022 11:10

bustabutton

I am considering Section 105 (close to the stage on Keith's side) or directly across from the stage (section R). Normally side stage is best (I have a 7-year-old daughter so - no Pit) but the way the stage is placed longitudinally in San Siro, the seats opposite are closer to the stage than what they'd normally be with the stage at either end. Any thoughts from somepone thats been? Side stage or across? I want my L.O. to be overwhelmed :-)

I would pick Section R. You have a full view of the stage and more balanced sound. Actual distance from the band is more or less the same.

From section 105 you wouldn't see much of the screens (you would be more or less in line with the end of the catwalk) and I am afraid that he sound could be a little boomy.

In any case, the best solution remains gold circle, in my opinion. I my self am going there with my daughters, only a little older than yours

C

Date: April 5, 2022 11:30

liddas
bustabutton

I would pick Section R. You have a full view of the stage and more balanced sound. Actual distance from the band is more or less the same.

From section 105 you wouldn't see much of the screens (you would be more or less in line with the end of the catwalk) and I am afraid that he sound could be a little boomy.

In any case, the best solution remains gold circle, in my opinion. I my self am going there with my daughters, only a little older than yours

C

Good points as to centered view & sound, thanks.

But the Gold Circle you mention is interesting. I've Pitted before and I imagine it won't be fun for my daughter after a few songs, but I never considered Gold Circle.
You say best option due to its being less crowded? Or, being further back might help with the obstructed view for a shorter person due to stage's height?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 5, 2022 12:17

bustabutton

But the Gold Circle you mention is interesting. I've Pitted before and I imagine it won't be fun for my daughter after a few songs, but I never considered Gold Circle.
You say best option due to its being less crowded? Or, being further back might help with the obstructed view for a shorter person due to stage's height?

Normally I arrive late at the venue. Love having my beers nearby the stadium, and start moving when the opening act is done. By then, in the front of stage section (whatever they call it) the crowd is standing and has moved towards the stage. This leaves lots of space in back of the section but you still have great view.

For sure to be in the middle of the field, with a view of the of the stadium around you is a really exciting experience (at least for me) Then again, it will be 3 hours standing, so it is up to what you believe is best for your daughter!

See you there if you opt for Gold Circle!

C

Date: April 6, 2022 13:33

Just got 'em, thanks for your help liddas.
See ya in Gold Circle.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: April 9, 2022 12:41

Hi all,

We are gong to spend several days in Milan prior to the concert. Anyone could kindly recommend some place to visit in/out of Milan? Also some good local restaurant? We don't really want to fall into tourists trap, especially if it comes to dining...

Thanks a lot!

Date: April 9, 2022 12:50

You can have anything you like, here.
In my opinion, you’d
Visit Leonardo’s Last Supper and the Pinacoteca Ambrosiana
The castle and its museums
Brera Museum
La Scala theatre

You can pay a visit to our Duomo cathedral and its rooftop
Take a long long walk across the town and visit Navigli and Brera didtricts, among others

If you want to make your stay unforgettable, spend one day in Venice: you’ll never regret.

Dinner? It depends on your budget: very expensive Milan is..
Welcome to Milan

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 9, 2022 14:22

Oriongalaxy
Hi all,

We are gong to spend several days in Milan prior to the concert. Anyone could kindly recommend some place to visit in/out of Milan? Also some good local restaurant? We don't really want to fall into tourists trap, especially if it comes to dining...

Thanks a lot!

I visited Milan a few summers ago - this is a great pizza place (and relatively inexpensive) [m.facebook.com]

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 9, 2022 14:38

Oriongalaxy
Hi all,

Thanks a lot!
There is a nice Japanese restaurant with very moderate prices.sagami

There is a very nice Calabrian restaurant
I believe it is this one

dongio

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 10, 2022 03:05

yorkshirestone
Oriongalaxy
Hi all,

Thanks a lot!

I visited Milan a few summers ago - this is a great pizza place (and relatively inexpensive) [m.facebook.com]

Evidently favored by hot women, per the Napiz Instagram page. I may have to pop in. Mille grazie.

Date: April 10, 2022 14:27

Whale
Oriongalaxy
Hi all,

Thanks a lot!

I believe it is this one

dongio

Thanks a lot! I'm looking for local dining rather than any other. Mostly budget but no problem with fine dining if there is something really worth.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 10, 2022 22:44

Oriongalaxy
Whale
Oriongalaxy
Hi all,

Thanks a lot!

I believe it is this one

dongio

Thanks a lot! I'm looking for local dining rather than any other. Mostly budget but no problem with fine dining if there is something really worth.

Milan is the most international town in Italy. So, contrary to other places, you'll be looking for restaurants serving stuff from other Italian regions. Calabria would be one of them.

I quoted the Japanese restaurant because it is right next to central station, and unlike most other Japanese restaurants it is very reasonably priced.

There are some Milanese dishes (risotto with zafferano being one) but really what you're looking for in Milan is good regional food from elsewhere in Italy. Pizzas in Milan can be good, but for the best Pizza you head out to Napoli, where the stones played in 82.

Milan is also known for its many museums. They more often than not have great exhibitions. That may be something to look out for. Another fun thing are the old trams from the twenties that are still operational. Some lines have them.

THere's great modern architecture at Tre torre

The italian shoes can be bought at shops near the corsa buenos aires. My favourite shop is Ago e Spago at via Plinio, 16. But there are many.

This restaurant is fairly upmarket, and they are not very fast, but also really good. You have stuff from Alto Adige, the mountain region in the north of Italy.

Date: April 11, 2022 14:10

Still, there are some excellent restaurants where you can get the traditional local cuisine with Coniglio Bianco heading the list. That said, these restaurants are more expensive than those who serve tourists. In case of Coniglio Bianco, please, expect to spend no less than Euro 80 per person, if you drink just one bottle of wine.
In case, you’d go for
mondeghili
risotto con ossobuco
rustin negaa
cotoletta
cotoletta con grissini
casseola
And so on…
No need to say, reservation is required
All the best,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-11 14:11 by 1963luca0.

Date: April 11, 2022 15:05

Thank you guys! smiling smiley

Is there any side trip worth making from Milan? Como? Bellagio? Torino? Cremona?

I wish we could travel all the way tp Napoli, but ...not this time.

Date: April 11, 2022 15:36

in my personal order:
Venice (2.30 hours by train)
Stresa and isles(1.30 by car)
Sirmione (Garda lake) (1.30 by train to Desenzano + shuttle)(1.45 by car)
Padova's Cappella degli Scrovegni (if you're after the best of Giotto). It's mid-way between Sirmione and Venice

Closer destinations could be:
Bergamo Città Alta (50 minutes by car)
Como (50 minutes by car) - attention: you might risk to be disappointed

Have a nice stay!

Date: April 14, 2022 22:01

1963luca0
in my personal order:
Venice (2.30 hours by train)
Stresa and isles(1.30 by car)
Sirmione (Garda lake) (1.30 by train to Desenzano + shuttle)(1.45 by car)
Padova's Cappella degli Scrovegni (if you're after the best of Giotto). It's mid-way between Sirmione and Venice

Closer destinations could be:
Bergamo Città Alta (50 minutes by car)
Como (50 minutes by car) - attention: you might risk to be disappointed

Have a nice stay!

Thank you so much!
So generally you recommend Lake Garda over Como? winking smiley

We are not going to rent a car, I'm afraid it might be difficult to manage by public transport.

Date: April 14, 2022 22:19

Freccia Rossa trains are excellent and not too expensive, if you get tickets in advance.
Yes, Garda is much better than Como and yes, renting a car would be very usefull to have day trips.
Enjoy Milan and your stay.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 14, 2022 22:27

Taylor1
Hope Mick doesn’t wear Azzurri shirt .Didn’t he accurately predict in 1982 Italy would win world cup that year

It was that DAY! And he even got the score correct.

Safe to say he wont be predicting a win this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-14 22:27 by Gazza.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1454
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home