Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: Bern Switzerland 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 17, 2022 10:28

or write to the Stones to come to Bern on june 29

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: June 17, 2022 10:32

This sounds so lame, searching excuses while already begging for federal help. Pathetic! Better make this concert happen, football can wait, especially if its a team called Young Boys.

Re: dont cancel BERN!
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 17, 2022 10:33

guitarbastard
it looks like canceling... last thing we can do is write to YB, the football-club officials. at least put some pressure on them.
here's the adress: [email protected]

Where are you getting the info that Bern's being cancelled?

Re: dont cancel BERN!
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 17, 2022 10:40

Topi
guitarbastard
it looks like canceling... last thing we can do is write to YB, the football-club officials. at least put some pressure on them.
here's the adress: [email protected]

Where are you getting the info that Bern's being cancelled?

direct contact to the booking agency....it looks awfull!

Date: June 17, 2022 11:04

in the end its gonna be a money issue. and therefore the band is also part of the equation to be honest.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: June 17, 2022 11:12

Oh guys, this sounds indeed pretty devastating… According to local promoters it’s been the band that has already denied playing Bern between the two Hyde Park gigs. Only August would technically be possible for the band but the stadium seems to be not available then due to soccer fixtures. What a mess.

—> [www.nau.ch]

Posted by: jstanek ()
Date: June 17, 2022 11:50

Because the Rolling Stones have always confirmed that the "Sixty" tour will be their last. "That's the situation." Béchir will have to make a decision on Friday...? sorry but this article is just full of bs

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 17, 2022 12:21

maradona
Oh guys, this sounds indeed pretty devastating… According to local promoters it’s been the band that has already denied playing Bern between the two Hyde Park gigs. Only August would technically be possible for the band but the stadium seems to be not available then due to soccer fixtures. What a mess.

—> [www.nau.ch]

The above article translated into English:

Rolling Stones: It looks very bad for the concert in Wankdorf

Because Mick Jagger fell ill with Corona at the beginning of the week, the Rolling Stones concert in Bern cannot take place today. A replacement date is not in sight.

the essentials in brief:

- The concert organizer Gadget is looking for a replacement date for the Stones concert in Bern.

- But the problem is that YB can only offer appointments at the end of June or in the fall.

- Again, this doesn't seem like an option for the Rolling Stones.

It's looking bad for Swiss fans of the Rolling Stones: After the concert planned for Friday in Bern was canceled due to Mick Jagger's corona disease , a replacement date seems increasingly unlikely.

Gadget concert organizer André Béchir and the old rockers are doing everything they can to find a date. But the problem is that you also have to agree with YB for the concert in the Wankdorf Stadium.

Bjornulf

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 17, 2022 12:40

maybe they should move the show to another city in Switzerland

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: June 17, 2022 12:43

I guess all soccer stadiums have the same issue (Basel, Zürich). Don't know about Geneva or Lausanne... otherwise go back to the airfield in Dübendorf, where they already played in 2006.

And otherwise they can play in my back garden ;-)

sjouke

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: June 17, 2022 12:49

YB = Bern's Football Club "Young Boys"

P.S. Given the statement about the SIXTY tour declared by the Stones as their last tour, I would not consider this media source reliable.

Date: June 17, 2022 12:50

Young Boys playing in Wankdorf Stadium. It's getting weirder every day

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: June 17, 2022 12:57

Sjouke
I guess all soccer stadiums have the same issue (Basel, Zürich). Don't know about Geneva or Lausanne... otherwise go back to the airfield in Dübendorf, where they already played in 2006.

And otherwise they can play in my back garden ;-)

sjouke

Basel would be perfect, but I guess all seating tickets would have to be refunded and sold again as no stadium setup looks the same. Has this been done before, change of stadium relatively short time before a show?

Date: June 17, 2022 13:00

zurich is not possible due to limitations (5shows a season). it looks bad… if the band is not willing to play 29th, it most probably wont happen.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: June 17, 2022 13:01

slewan
maybe they should move the show to another city in Switzerland

Zürich, Basel, Bern all have similar schedules in early Aug, going to be tricky to find a slot there. Geneva doesn't make much sense (being so close to Lyon...)
Moving to a different venue is a promoter's nightmare as well (refund all tickets etc.). Shame... doesn't look good.
Move it, Young Boys! winking smiley

Date: June 17, 2022 13:13

Changing venue is the same as to cancel the show. They have to refund all tickets.

Bjornulf

Date: June 17, 2022 13:19

lets be clear: if the band wants it its gonna happen 29th.

Date: June 17, 2022 13:26

The one week break during the middle of tours lasting for two months is not there for rescheduling shows. It is there in order to make the band members and crew some rest, just like most of us do not work on Saturdays and Sundays. If they start scheduling additional shows during the break, they put the 2nd half of the tour at risk.

Bjornulf

Date: June 17, 2022 13:35

bv
The one week break during the middle of tours lasting for two months is not there for rescheduling shows. It is there in order to make the band members and crew some rest, just like most of us do not work on Saturdays and Sundays. If they start scheduling additional shows during the break, they put the 2nd half of the tour at risk.
well it was possible to put in the amsterdam-show. and exept for mick they had a break now. i think some critics towards the band is ok, sorry to say.

Date: June 17, 2022 13:44

The July 7 date was free, it was originally held for another show that did not make it, so it was a free slot available for rescheduling.

There are may be 23 trucks on this tour, and a large crew who work every day on the tour. Every day. I do know the crew have long days and work hard also on non-show days. The band is not just Mick, Keith, Ronnie and 8 others on stage. The break is there for a reason.

Bjornulf

Date: June 17, 2022 13:55

bv
The July 7 date was free, it was originally held for another show that did not make it, so it was a free slot available for rescheduling.

There are may be 23 trucks on this tour, and a large crew who work every day on the tour. Every day. I do know the crew have long days and work hard also on non-show days. The band is not just Mick, Keith, Ronnie and 8 others on stage. The break is there for a reason.
come on, there were and still are big production tours that have/had 3-5 shows a week. if its gonna be canceled the band is also partly responsible.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 17, 2022 14:00

TIRED

P.S. Given the statement about the SIXTY tour declared by the Stones as their last tour, I would not consider this media source reliable.

At the recent RS-Tours the last video-display was always: "See you soon" while at the SIXTY-Tour it's only: "Thank You". Strange ....

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 17, 2022 14:05

The Stones will never ever say a tour is the last one. It could be.

Date: June 17, 2022 14:22

Sure there are acts who perform every day for months, but then I am sure they are scaled with band members, crew and contracts for such touring. And I am sure their core band members are not age 78, like Mick and Keith.

At this stage everybody should know the fact that any show may be the last one. In fact Miami August 30, 2019 was the last show with Charlie Watts.

Some seem to forget about their age, the world around us, and the fact that they have been around for SIXTY years. Every show is a bonus, any any show may be the last one.

I am sure they do their best to make this tour a success, in order to secure the rest of the shows, as well as the safety of band members, crew and fans.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-17 14:23 by bv.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 17, 2022 14:25

Bern… phenomenal city! Loving our visit so far… it’s a shame there’s no gig tonight, and that we probably won’t make it back for any possible new date… at least in 2022!

Everyone enjoy your travels and see you in Firenze or Milano these next few days.

Posted by: StonesChild ()
Date: June 17, 2022 15:04

Yes, came to Bern anyway and I’d never been here before and the hotel was prepaid.

Is there a fans meet up taking place in the city this evening, or any recommended bars for good music?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-17 15:06 by StonesChild.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 17, 2022 15:08

I wonder if it plays a role that tickets for Bern didn't sell as well as tickets for other shows. Maybe that's why they rescheduled Amsterdam but not Bern (in contrast to any other show pit tickets and golden circle tickets for been were avaiblable all the time)

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: June 17, 2022 15:21

In july, Young Boys Bern are playing the second round of the UEFA Europa League Conference.
If they are qualified, they'll play the third round on august 4th and august 11th.

All these games are taking place on thursday.
And there are saturday or sunday Swiss Super League games each weeks in august (or the Swiss Cup).

So it's impossible to postpon the RS show in august in Bern.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 17, 2022 15:28

Just an idea: Could they change the venue e.g. to Zürich?

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: June 17, 2022 15:34

MAF
Just an idea: Could they change the venue e.g. to Zürich?

Same issues. Plus you have to cancel and refund Bern anyway.

Swiss League just released their schedule: YB playing away the weekend after Aug 4. 7/8/9th an option? Anyway, we will know soon.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home