Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Bern Switzerland 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 14, 2022 10:06

I think the decision will be made today, before carrying gear southways.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: June 14, 2022 10:23

This morning in the Berner newspaper...

[www.bernerzeitung.ch]

To go short - building the stage is continuing, they hope for the best (the organizer is quite optimistic).

Let's see how things turn out today and later this week.

sjouke

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: June 14, 2022 10:29

Translation of Berner Zeitung to English:
(Published: 06/13/2022, 19:34)

The Rolling Stones concert in Amsterdam was canceled at the last moment. Lead singer Mick Jagger (78) is infected with the corona virus, as concert organizer Mojo announced on Monday. Jagger had just been diagnosed with the virus and had just left the room sick. The singer apologized on Facebook in the evening for the short-term cancellation. "Thank you all for your patience and understanding," he wrote.

The British rock band was scheduled to take the stage at 8.45pm at the Johan Cruijff Arena in Amsterdam. According to the organizer, the concert should be rescheduled. However, a date has not yet been set.

It is still unclear what effects Jagger's illness will have on the other planned concerts of the Stones tour in Bern, Milan and London. Although there are currently no entry restrictions for Switzerland due to Covid-19, the concert in Wankdorf is still pending.

Organizer André Béchir is surprisingly calm when he picks up the phone at 8:45 p.m. on Monday evening. "Bund" and "Berner Zeitung" are not the only ones who called, he says calmly. At the moment everything looks reasonably good. Béchir says: «The stage construction continues. We are currently assuming that the concert will take place. The canceled concert in Amsterdam could also be seen as a rest for Mick Jagger so that the band can perform in Bern."

Corona course not serious
He spoke to the Stones management for a long time. At the moment the Corona course is not serious. Mick Jagger is doing well given the circumstances. And he said that he really wanted to play in Bern. And then he says: “These are the things we have to deal with today. Insurance doesn't cover that. Well, that's the way it is."

When the Stones last played in Bern in 1973, back then in the old Festhalle, it was André Béchir who organized the three concerts (two in the evening and one in the afternoon) together with "Monsieur Montreux" Claude Nobs. Béchir, then at Good-News, is now Senior Adviser at music agency Gadget abc Entertainment Group. Friday's concert would be his 14th show with the band.

Posted by: Tilla ()
Date: June 14, 2022 10:40

^ said organizer André Béchir meanwhile confirmed postponement to HZ (Handelszeitung)

Handelszeitung

"Nun ist Sänger Mick Jagger allerdings an Corona erkrankt, und der Auftritt wird deshalb verschoben, wie Konzertveranstalter André Béchir gegenüber der «Handelszeitung» bestätigte. Ein Ersatzdatum für die Show im Stade de Suisse sei noch nicht gefunden, sie werde aber sicher noch im Sommer über die Bühne gehen."

-- "However, singer Mick Jagger now tested positive for Covid, and the concert is being postponed for that reason, confirmed gig organizer André Béchir to HZ. A new date for the show at Stade de Suisse has not been found yet, but will happen this summer."

Date: June 14, 2022 10:43

The newspaper 20min.ch just announce that Bern is off... probably as expected despite the previous messages by the local organization...

[www.20min.ch]

This is really a bummer, today the Foo Fighters were supposed to play in Basel which has been cancelled of course, and now the Stones as well...

sjouke

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 10:48 by Sjouke.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: June 14, 2022 11:06

This is just sad News. It would have been a great concert on a friday night in pristine weather conditions. I don't even know how many concerts planned to attend have been cancelled or postponed multiple times because of this stupid covid BS. Really annoying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 11:09 by calipachangero.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: June 14, 2022 12:13

I'm supposed to fly from Iceland to Zurich on show day so now will probably skip that flight. Milan is the wildcard here, if that's cancelled I'm in limbo from Canada and may just go home until the tour restarts. Not even interested in the Hyde Park mess anymore so I'd be off until Brussels

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 14, 2022 13:04

bengigan
I'm supposed to fly from Iceland to Zurich on show day so now will probably skip that flight. Milan is the wildcard here, if that's cancelled I'm in limbo from Canada and may just go home until the tour restarts. Not even interested in the Hyde Park mess anymore so I'd be off until Brussels

What Hyde Park mess?

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: June 14, 2022 13:13

Festival shows are generally more treacherous

Posted by: lovingcup22 ()
Date: June 14, 2022 13:28

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 13:29 by lovingcup22.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 14, 2022 13:45

Links to the above RS-announcement: [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Posted by: StonesChild ()
Date: June 14, 2022 15:33

According to a hotelier in Bern this morning the word there is that the city is unlikely to be able to take the rescheduled gig this summer due to accommodation and other logistical issues (Presumably because it's a small city)

Date: June 14, 2022 15:51

Well then hold it in a city that is able to like Basel or Zurich. Sounds like a lame excuse.

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 14, 2022 16:19

The problem is that the football season in Switzerland starts mid-july. From 14. July on the teams in Basel, Zurich and Bern will play matches in the swiss league and qualifiocation matches for the UEFA Champions-, Europe- or Conference League. This programm (with matches each on weekend and midweek) will make it almost impossible to organize the concert in august, be it in Basel, Bern or Zürich.

But the Stoners could come to Bern between the two Hyde Park shows, or between Hyde Park II and Brussels, on june 29./30 or july 6./7.

resotele

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 14, 2022 16:29

resotele
The problem is that the football season in Switzerland starts mid-july. From 14. July on the teams in Basel, Zurich and Bern will play matches in the swiss league and qualifiocation matches for the UEFA Champions-, Europe- or Conference League. This programm (with matches each on weekend and midweek) will make it almost impossible to organize the concert in august, be it in Basel, Bern or Zürich.

But the Stoners could come to Bern between the two Hyde Park shows, or between Hyde Park II and Brussels, on june 29./30 or july 6./7.

resotele

Only every 2nd game is a home game! They will find a way to sort this out. There have always been concerts during football season!

Date: June 14, 2022 18:28

resotele

resotele

Lets hope so, 30th of June would be a great date!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 14, 2022 18:52

calipachangero
resotele

resotele

Lets hope so, 30th of June would be a great date!

June 29 would fit better. They always have 3 days off between shows now.

HP#1 6/25, off 6/26-6/28, make-up 6/29, off 6/30-7/2, HP#2 7/3, off 7/4-7/6, make-up 7/7, off 7/8-7-/10, Brussels 7/11. Fits perfectly, it seems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 18:54 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: June 14, 2022 19:26

Since 2017 tour, they are always taking a week off.
Don't expect a rescheduled show between HP1 and HP2.

This year there is another week off.
Maybe there is some place for a rescheduled show between HP2 and Brussels.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: June 14, 2022 19:29

Massimo68
Since 2017 tour, they are always taking a week off.
Don't expect a rescheduled show between HP1 and HP2.

This year there is another week off.
Maybe there is some place for a rescheduled show between HP2 and Brussels.

I agree. I think Bern and Amsterdam will be slotted in after Stockholm though.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 15, 2022 07:13

according to this source a rescheduled date end of June is most likely

End of June or beginning of August whereby end of June is more likely

Date: June 15, 2022 10:57

Stoneswolf

Reading the last paragraph, one has to ask if organizers are in their right mind.
Mr. Bechir from promoter Gadget is said to be crying for Federal help because insurance won't pay... WTF? Federal government has nothing to do with it, there are absolutely no restrictions in Switzerland and I don't see what financial damage a postponement four days in advance might surge for them?
It has become an absolutly bad behaviour demanding public fundings to cover probable losses while privatizing huge profits. Even more so in pandemic times.

Date: June 16, 2022 01:09

thumbs up
calipachangero
Stoneswolf

Reading the last paragraph, one has to ask if organizers are in their right mind.
Mr. Bechir from promoter Gadget is said to be crying for Federal help because insurance won't pay... WTF? Federal government has nothing to do with it, there are absolutely no restrictions in Switzerland and I don't see what financial damage a postponement four days in advance might surge for them?
It has become an absolutly bad behaviour demanding public fundings to cover probable losses while privatizing huge profits. Even more so in pandemic times.
thumbs up
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: June 16, 2022 14:25

Oh, Bern is sticky now. Nothing has been officially communicated so far about a new date though.

sjouke

Date: June 16, 2022 16:23

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 16, 2022 19:43

I’m having a great time in Bern… anyone thinking of seeing our Boys here for the rescheduled date… Do it! I was looking forward to our visit, and I’m not disappointed!!!

Get well, Mick! See you all in Milano!!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 16, 2022 21:12

Scheduled sticky maybe?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: June 16, 2022 21:33

On the stadium’s website it’s not possible to book a stadium tour for June 28 (for all days around it is). However, I got no idea if that’s been the case only for minutes or for a couple of days with no relation to the postponement. Still an indication maybe?

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 17, 2022 09:46

looks like canceling. due to football schedule beginning of august is not possible... i have direct contact to the booking agency. its not looking good at all. zürich is not possible because of other restrictions. what a BUMMER!!!

Date: June 17, 2022 10:10

I think that june 29, as mentionned before, would work for the football club and the stadium; the team is away for some days, in Gstaad, and plays a match there on 28.
So it would be up to the Stones to do the show between the two Hyde Park Shows. Come on boys, this should be possible ...

resotele

dont cancel BERN!
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 17, 2022 10:04

it looks like canceling... last thing we can do is write to YB, the football-club officials. at least put some pressure on them.
here's the adress: info@bscyb.ch

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1720
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home