Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16
Re: Amsterdam NL 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 17, 2022 07:47

Hairball
Speaking of energy...

Wondering how much of Mick's stamina and energy, and overall stage presence will be affected during the upcoming shows, not to mention if his actual vocals will be compromised...
Considering his daily fitness regimen leading up to and during the tour, and the fact it has been disrupted due to being sideswiped by Covid, he might think about starting off slower than usual.
Some have reported him appearing out of breath at the first three shows and that was pre-positive covid...can only imagine how tough it might be attempting to jump right back in the fray as if nothing happened...
He might display a bit of restraint while also being cautious (physically and vocally), but hopefully it won't be too noticeable as seeing Mick "in action" at 100% is one of the greatest joys of witnessing the Stones.

First off, you're not supposed to talk about COVID here.

It doesn't exist anymore here.

Second, you're talking about a guy that had a heart valve replaced and was back at it 3 months later.

Do you know how severe it is? No. Does anyone? Only Mick and his doctors. Speculating does zero good unless you decide the money spent on a show might not be worth it - there are plenty that will take your place if you ie anyone has any doubt.

Right? Isn't that how it works?

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: June 17, 2022 16:48

The Amsterdam event shirt has been removed from the webstore. Interesting to see if they make new ones with the amended date.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 17, 2022 17:40

I wondered why the event shirts wouldn't be available at the actual date - but after Amsterdam I know why they don't produce them in advance this time.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 17, 2022 17:58

Only a little change in stamina and energy will be recognizable to iorrians.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 17, 2022 20:15

thunderball
The Amsterdam event shirt has been removed from the webstore. Interesting to see if they make new ones with the amended date.

Ai! Last monday evening, when I got home, I pre-ordered one together with the litho/poster...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 17, 2022 21:39

thunderball

They might keep the same design, but have the date altered.
Can't see them commissioning an entirely new design considering the budget and corners they've been cutting with this tour (cheap stage, etc.).
And while the original Amsterdam design is not the greatest, it wasn't that bad compared to many from last years US shows...

Date: June 17, 2022 22:24

For someone from The Netherlands it's a great design, it's based on a (kind of) famous bridge in Amsterdam.

[www.hilda.nl]

[geheugenvanoost.amsterdam]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-17 22:28 by GJV.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 17, 2022 23:02

GJV
For someone from The Netherlands it's a great design, it's based on a (kind of) famous bridge in Amsterdam.

[www.hilda.nl]

Yes GJV, I learned all about it in when the design first appeared in the poster thread, and this is what I posted then:

Interesting, but not as good as I was expecting or hoping for- seems a bit bland and washed out overall.
I'm assuming it's based on the "Python Bridge", but it appears the sun is setting over an ocean or a massive lake vs. a wide canal....
Not too bad I suppose, but could have/should have been better.

For someone with Dutch ancestry (my Grandmother was from Rotterdam) and as someone who has has lived in Amsterdam in the past, I was hoping for something more imaginative and/or special.
Again, not too bad, but could have/should have been better.

Date: June 17, 2022 23:42

Ok, I can live with that.smiling smiley
But you're right, the design could have been better, but the idea is kind of fun and I'm curious how they know about this specific bridge anyway?

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 17, 2022 23:57

Hairball
GJV

[www.hilda.nl]

Yes GJV, I learned all about it in when the design first appeared in the poster thread, and this is what I posted then:

Interesting, but not as good as I was expecting or hoping for- seems a bit bland and washed out overall.
I'm assuming it's based on the "Python Bridge", but it appears the sun is setting over an ocean or a massive lake vs. a wide canal....
Not too bad I suppose, but could have/should have been better.

For someone with Dutch ancestry (my Grandmother was from Rotterdam) and as someone who has has lived in Amsterdam in the past, I was hoping for something more imaginative and/or special.
Again, not too bad, but could have/should have been better.

Born in Amsterdam I was very disappointed about the poster/shirt design of the Amsterdam Stones event in 2017. Before that they had that great shirt with the three tongue-tulips! A true beauty.
The red bridge/water tongue version is fine with me, but not spectacular. Never mind, I'd buy it with the new date of July 7 on it. The Liverpool T-shirt didn't have the Liverbird(s)+building on it, but still I bought the "British tongue" one, simply because I like a memory of the experience of seeing the Stones in the town I spent almost a year in 1971.
It was so enjoyable to see Mathew Street (or Beatles street winking smiley) with so many Stones fans. Even Mick showed up cool smiley. Historically connected cool smiley

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: UNCSTONE ()
Date: June 18, 2022 14:40

Any suggestions on how to resale 2 pit B tickets? I bought them through viagogo.com. I have them listed back with them but should I consider other options?

I would really appreciate any advice from people more familiar with the process. I just hate having to relist them but no way am I able to make a second go at crossing the pond. Sure hope that we have some “streamers” for it!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 18, 2022 14:45

UNCSTONE
Any suggestions on how to resale 2 pit B tickets? I bought them through viagogo.com. I have them listed back with them but should I consider other options?

I would really appreciate any advice from people more familiar with the process. I just hate having to relist them but no way am I able to make a second go at crossing the pond. Sure hope that we have some “streamers” for it!

sell them here on IORR [iorr.org]

Date: June 18, 2022 15:08

UNCSTONE

Ticketswap. If iorr or shidobee (fb group) dont help

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 18, 2022 19:22

Just paid 337 € for a one-way flight from Amsterdam to Helsinki on June 8, lol.

Oh well, it's only rock 'n roll!

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: June 19, 2022 15:20

If one test positive on June 13, one needs at least 5 to 7 days to deliver a negative test. 13 + 6 = 19 = today.
That is just the test point of view. Somehow how people feel will vary bur after 7 days and the right management, feeling much better is expected.
But this virus impact peopl's energy for sure. It's a serious fight.

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: June 19, 2022 16:51

maumau
lenurb
They say LD instructions later. So now no idea if a refund is possible before and/or after 1st July for LDs.
In first approach, I cannot on 7th July.
And no idea what to do with the 2 LDs tickets I have.

hi lenurb, u got mail
And you have an answer.smileys with beer

Date: June 19, 2022 16:52

slewan
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Topi
The Lucky Dip wristband in itself doesn't prevent you from selling the ticket(s). Usually no one checks whether you have a Lucky Dip wristband on or not.
yeah but the fact they use wristbands makes people think they can't sell so it is an effective rule.

I've been to Munich and Liverpool… nobody cares or looks at those wristband after you got them.
In Amsterdam, security guy told me to go to the pit lane with my LD wristband ... I did not. But i was tempted to try.

Date: June 19, 2022 16:58

NashvilleBlues
Topi
But wasn't Nashville postponed once due to COVID? I'm not sure that explains the duplicate ticket though.

Yes, you're right. They definitely didn't give out LD's before it was ppd, so that part is different from Amsterdam.
Don't forget that LDs are used too to fill the holes. The band cannot play in front of an empty pit. For example.
LDs are given some hours/minutes before the show taking into account the reality of sold tickets, or unsold. Including high price packages.
The line for VIP in Amsterdam was bigger that the one for General Admission ! All those people will come back ? How many refund ?
The LD pool will 100% change.
So, badly for those who alreday scored pits, goodly for those (many many I saw) who scored last circle seats, I am pretty sure that they will distribute new pairs for all.
If an LD is refund ? Same answer, but more chance to have a good pickup.
Price on my LDs picked up is indicated 0 ! No chance to sell it to anybody.

Date: June 19, 2022 19:30

lenurb
NashvilleBlues
Topi
But wasn't Nashville postponed once due to COVID? I'm not sure that explains the duplicate ticket though.

Yes, you're right. They definitely didn't give out LD's before it was ppd, so that part is different from Amsterdam.
Don't forget that LDs are used too to fill the holes. The band cannot play in front of an empty pit. For example.
LDs are given some hours/minutes before the show taking into account the reality of sold tickets, or unsold. Including high price packages.
The line for VIP in Amsterdam was bigger that the one for General Admission ! All those people will come back ? How many refund ?
So, badly for those who alreday scored pits, goodly for those (many many I saw) who scored last circle seats, I am pretty sure that they will distribute new pairs for all.

they say that tickets will be honored at the new show. Most likely that goes for LD tickets, too (at least for those which have already been picked up)

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: June 19, 2022 22:37

lenurb
NashvilleBlues
Topi

Are you sure that they are gonna give out new LD tickets with different seats?
I had second ring tickets with LD so if I get new tickets with maybe better seats I won’t complain. But friends of mine got Diamond pit tickets and if they now get second ring tickets I feel sorry for them.

I also noticed on the site of Ghost Hounds that they don’t play at the rescheduled show in Amsterdam as support act. So I am curious what we get now

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 19, 2022 22:57

Somehow it would just seem easier to honor the LDs already given out. I mean they should know how many envelopes were not collected, right?

Date: June 20, 2022 08:39

Official info is "Later information for LDs"
So let's see that later.
Perhaps they do not know what to do

Date: June 20, 2022 12:00

Topi
Somehow it would just seem easier to honor the LDs already given out. I mean they should know how many envelopes were not collected, right?

That's what I'm saying all the time! Since the have a list they are even know who has already picked up their LD tickets

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 20, 2022 19:10

lenurb
maumau
lenurb
They say LD instructions later. So now no idea if a refund is possible before and/or after 1st July for LDs.
In first approach, I cannot on 7th July.
And no idea what to do with the 2 LDs tickets I have.

hi lenurb, u got mail
And you have an answer.smileys with beer

yesss smileys with beer I was off for a few day, glad to have the opportunity to see the Stones again, thanks lenurb! can't wait
I told I would have not seen them again, here I am, proven wrong once more spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 21, 2022 19:25

lots of tickets in nearly all categories are available again on TM

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: June 22, 2022 18:03

Pit A available on Ticketmaster!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 22, 2022 18:06

We still get Ghost Hounds?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 22, 2022 18:11

NilsHolgersson
We still get Ghost Hounds?

Maybe the GH can work it into their busy touring schedule. Haha!

Posted by: Riffhard79 ()
Date: June 22, 2022 19:04

justeillusion

Thanks! But if you hover over it says Pit B confused smiley

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 22, 2022 19:25

Riffhard79
justeillusion