Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16
Re: Amsterdam NL 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 15, 2022 22:31

I'll be there (again!)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 15, 2022 22:36

Able to add this to the itinerary now, with a lot of help from Jason (sodacityflyguy) .. LD (pit if they honor) ticket, air and hotel hook up.. both in London and now here thumbs up
Gold rings on ya' Jason.

Rolling Stones fans are some of the best fans/people in the world.
Can't wait to catch up with several and meet some new smileys with beer

Never been to Amsterdam, and was killing me not to be able to hit a third show after or in between the Hydes.. see the stage etc.. can't wait!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-15 22:37 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 15, 2022 22:55

Great that you'll make it, DDDD!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 15, 2022 23:01

Good for you, MrDDDD! Have fun for me.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 16, 2022 00:14

BeastyBurdeny
Hairball
Speaking of energy...

Wondering how much of Mick's stamina and energy, and overall stage presence will be affected during the upcoming shows, not to mention if his actual vocals will be compromised...
Considering his daily fitness regimen leading up to and during the tour, and the fact it has been disrupted due to being sideswiped by Covid, he might think about starting off slower than usual.
Some have reported him appearing out of breath at the first three shows and that was pre-positive covid...can only imagine how tough it might be attempting to jump right back in the fray as if nothing happened...
He might display a bit of restraint while also being cautious (physically and vocally), but hopefully it won't be too noticeable as seeing Mick "in action" at 100% is one of the greatest joys of witnessing the Stones.

Maybe Keith could pick up an extra song in the set.They could also play a longer jam oriented song, like CYHMK, and Mick can go take a rest during the instrumental section. Or do both.. I won't complain.

Yes that would work, and I suppose it all depends on the nature and degree of his symptoms, and how long it will take for him to fully recover.
He must be doing realtively OK due to them going forward with a rescheduled date, but at the same time taking it extra cautions by postponing Bern - hopefully they'll be able reschedule that one soon as well.
Meanwhile, just read that Dr. Anthony Fauci has tested positive for Covid w/mild symptoms...seems nobody is "immune" no matter how safe or cautious, or how fully vaccinated they may be.> Fauci

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 16, 2022 00:58

lenurb
They say LD instructions later. So now no idea if a refund is possible before and/or after 1st July for LDs.
In first approach, I cannot on 7th July.
And no idea what to do with the 2 LDs tickets I have.

hi lenurb, u got mail

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 16, 2022 01:55

Maybe a strange question, but I have a parking ticket for The Arena parkinglot for last monday jun the 13th, will that also be working for july the seventh, or must I buy a new one?

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: June 16, 2022 08:07

GJV
Maybe a strange question, but I have a parking ticket for The Arena parkinglot for last monday jun the 13th, will that also be working for july the seventh, or must I buy a new one?

All the parking tickets scanned or unscanned can be used again on July 7 according to Ticketmaster on twitter

Posted by: Sodacityflyguy ()
Date: June 16, 2022 09:47

MisterDDDD
Able to add this to the itinerary now, with a lot of help from Jason (sodacityflyguy) .. LD (pit if they honor) ticket, air and hotel hook up.. both in London and now here thumbs up
Gold rings on ya' Jason.

Rolling Stones fans are some of the best fans/people in the world.
Can't wait to catch up with several and meet some new smileys with beer

Never been to Amsterdam, and was killing me not to be able to hit a third show after or in between the Hydes.. see the stage etc.. can't wait!

My pleasure sir. Fingers crossed they honor my LD tix

Date: June 16, 2022 10:12

They will certainly honor the LDs, but it's still unclear whether they're going to reshuffle the deck or just go with what tickets people pulled on June 13th. But then again, were all envelopes already handed out?

Another thing to consider is the refund availability. Not all LD buyers can make the new date and they're entitled to a refund.. What happens to those pairs - will they be re-sold as LDs?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-16 10:45 by Topi.

Date: June 16, 2022 11:08

Topi
They will certainly honor the LDs, but it's still unclear whether they're going to reshuffle the deck or just go with what tickets people pulled on June 13th. But then again, were all envelopes already handed out?

Another thing to consider is the refund availability. Not all LD buyers can make the new date and they're entitled to a refund.. What happens to those pairs - will they be re-sold as LDs?
Maybe yes maybe no for the last question.

First question is more organisational. I think they will honor the tickets given out. Otherwise they would have to only cancel those. However a good administration of LD pickup is 100% needed. As far as i know they don't scan your LD pickup voucher. Also another problem is if people lose their ticket there is no way they can get the ticket back instead of ordering normal tickets where they can just block the old one and make a new one (or just print out a new PDF)

But it seems very well organised and communicated at this moment so I am sure they will figure it out.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 16, 2022 14:40

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Topi

First question is more organisational. I think they will honor the tickets given out. Otherwise they would have to only cancel those. However a good administration of LD pickup is 100% needed. As far as i know they don't scan your LD pickup voucher. Also another problem is if people lose their ticket there is no way they can get the ticket back instead of ordering normal tickets where they can just block the old one and make a new one (or just print out a new PDF)

But it seems very well organised and communicated at this moment so I am sure they will figure it out.

the first principle is (or has to be): avoid chaos.
I think there's no (practical) way to take the tickets Lucky Dippers already pulled away from them and/or not honor them (unless they are offered better seats). I short: I'm sure they treat LDs that were already handed out just as any other ticket. For those who haven't yet picked up their LD the LD booth will most likely be open as usual. Any other way would create chaos.
The only real question is what they'll do with people who have already pulled their LD but can't make it to the new show.

Date: June 16, 2022 15:01

slewan
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Topi

I think there's no (practical) way to take the tickets Lucky Dippers already pulled away from them and/or not honor them (unless they are offered better seats). I short: I'm sure they treat LDs that were already handed out just as any other ticket. For those who haven't yet picked up their LD the LD booth will most likely be open as usual. Any other way would create chaos.
The only real question is what they'll do with people who have already pulled their LD but can't make it to the new show.

I know what i said but now when i rethink i think cancelling all the LD is the best way to not get chaos.

- They know which tickets are LD
- They do not know which person has what ticket
- There is no proof of people picking up their LD
- If you want to refund your LD they need to cancell the ticket (if already issued), but they don't know what ticket to cancell
- If issued tickets are good, they can be sold with big profit very easily. That was exactly the point they wanted to prevent (you can't expect people to wear their LD bracelets till 7th july)

Very interested how they will solve this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-16 15:02 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Date: June 16, 2022 15:08

What slewan says does make sense.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 16, 2022 15:23

It will be interesting..

Not certain I agree that there is no way for them to know who picked up tix vs who didn't.
They (typically) work off a list of names, and mark them off as they go.
If you don't like your draw for ex. you can't wait ten minutes and go back saying you haven't picked them up.

It's not that many envelopes to keep track of.. my hunch is they'll honor the tix, and re-distribute those that get returned.

Otherwise if people hold on to their tickets.. and they void them and reshuffle, you would have different people with ticket stubs for the same seat(s). winking smiley

Date: June 16, 2022 15:29

MisterDDDD
It will be interesting..

Not certain I agree that there is no way for them to know who picked up tix vs who didn't.
If you don't like your draw for ex. you can't wait ten minutes and go back saying you haven't picked them up.

It's not that many envelopes to keep track of.. my hunch is they'll honor the tix, and re-distribute those that get returned.

Otherwise if people hold on to their tickets.. and they void them and reshuffle, you would have different people with ticket stubs for the same seat(s). winking smiley

If they did well the have the list indeed. But it's just a list. It could have been trown away as this is a very unfamilair situation. In Munchen they stopped crossing of names on the list. That also was a different situation. I never understand why they don't have a barcode on the LD pickup ticket. Also makes the proces faster.

Maybe easiest solution is;

- Honor lucky dips issued
- Accept that the LD can be sold on 2th market
- For refund you need to send your physical LD ticket to TM before the show so they can void it.

Date: June 16, 2022 15:43

Mabru
GJV

All the parking tickets scanned or unscanned can be used again on July 7 according to Ticketmaster on twitter

Do you know if this is the case for Joe Park locations? When I got the concert information per mail they suggested I'd buy a ticket at Joe Park. Now I emailed them about this but no reply as of yet.

Date: June 16, 2022 15:48

edit nothing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-16 15:48 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: June 16, 2022 15:56

PaintMonkeyManBlack
slewan
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Topi

I know what i said but now when i rethink i think cancelling all the LD is the best way to not get chaos.

- If you want to refund your LD they need to cancell the ticket (if already issued), but they don't know what ticket to cancell
- If issued tickets are good, they can be sold with big profit very easily. That was exactly the point they wanted to prevent (you can't expect people to wear their LD bracelets till 7th july)

i also have scored pit tickets. Maybe it's also possible that you show your ID at the will call window and you'll get a lucky dip wristband and you can go in as before with the ticket you drew on June 13th. That would be fair and thats a proof that you don´t sale the ticket

Date: June 16, 2022 16:04

thomas guitar
PaintMonkeyManBlack
slewan
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Topi

i also have scored pit tickets. Maybe it's also possible that you show your ID at the will call window and you'll get a lucky dip wristband and you can go in as before with the ticket you drew on June 13th. That would be fair and thats a proof that you don´t sale the ticket
Great idea and hope you get to keep them!

Date: June 16, 2022 16:05

The Lucky Dip wristband in itself doesn't prevent you from selling the ticket(s). Usually no one checks whether you have a Lucky Dip wristband on or not.

Date: June 16, 2022 16:19

Topi
The Lucky Dip wristband in itself doesn't prevent you from selling the ticket(s). Usually no one checks whether you have a Lucky Dip wristband on or not.
yeah but the fact they use wristbands makes people think they can't sell so it is an effective rule.

Date: June 16, 2022 17:25

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Topi
yeah but the fact they use wristbands makes people think they can't sell so it is an effective rule.

I've been to Munich and Liverpool… nobody cares or looks at those wristband after you got them.

Date: June 16, 2022 17:26

PaintMonkeyManBlack
MisterDDDD
It will be interesting..

If they did well the have the list indeed. But it's just a list. It could have been trown away as this is a very unfamilair situation. In Munchen they stopped crossing of names on the list. That also was a different situation. I never understand why they don't have a barcode on the LD pickup ticket. Also makes the proces faster.

- For refund you need to send your physical LD ticket to TM before the show so they can void it.

right.

if the do ay other way there'll surely have to explain why anybody who got pit tickets should return them and pull new tickets

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 16, 2022 17:58

slewan
PaintMonkeyManBlack
MisterDDDD
It will be interesting..

right.

if the do ay other way there'll surely have to explain why anybody who got pit tickets should return them and pull new tickets

My LD's for Nashville were duplicate tickets. I went to my seats and found that the lady sitting there also had the same seats (I saw them on her phone). Odd stuff. And that was for a show that went on as regularly scheduled.

Date: June 16, 2022 18:01

But wasn't Nashville postponed once due to COVID? I'm not sure that explains the duplicate ticket though.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 16, 2022 18:59

Topi
But wasn't Nashville postponed once due to COVID? I'm not sure that explains the duplicate ticket though.

Yes, you're right. They definitely didn't give out LD's before it was ppd, so that part is different from Amsterdam.

Posted by: thorgal34 ()
Date: June 16, 2022 22:34

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Standard mail or registered? What if Letter with ticket got lost or delayed?

Date: June 16, 2022 22:45

The shirt is still in the online store.. the Stones show that never was... will they sell it outside on July 7th?

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 16, 2022 23:36

Mabru
GJV

Thanks for your explanation.

Edit: I just looked at Ticketmaster at my ticket and the tickets are changed for 7th of July including the parking ticket.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-16 23:43 by GJV.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home