Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 16
Re: Amsterdam NL 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: March 14, 2022 15:38

Mathijs
The Johan Cruijff Arena (old Amsterdam Arena) is just totally not suitable for any concert. And the current Stones, with a set of only 19 songs, without Charlie Watts, with mainly big hits I do not want to hear anymore, at these prices, in a venue totally unsuited for music: forget about it.

Bring on El Mocambo!

Mathijs

I would prefer Ziggo Dome or Afas Live too. Although the high ticket prices and maybe a jukebox setlist, it still attracts me to go. Even seeing them already many times before. Too much (Stones) blood :-)

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: March 14, 2022 15:41

The pre-sale starts om Wednesday at 10 AM CET according to The Rolling Stones Mailinglist.

Posted by: jstanek ()
Date: March 14, 2022 16:58

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-14 16:59 by jstanek.

Posted by: rereuk ()
Date: March 14, 2022 17:28

oh yes, takes a true rocket science to work that out right??spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: March 14, 2022 18:04

double post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-14 18:05 by ribbelchips.

Date: March 14, 2022 18:05

bart-man
ribbelchips
Eens. Ik kan dit niet voor mezelf rechtvaardigen. Als ze nou nog de sterren van de hemel speelden en het leven verder niet zo tyfusduur was geworden dan was ik misschien gegaan, maar €85 voor de minste plaatsen. En dan ook nog in die galmbak van een Arena.. Jammmer...

They will sell out the place in no time anyway :-)

Since it's the only Dutch show and after two years of no concerts due to Covid.. yeah, it could sell out. And I hope everybody has a great time!

I promised myself that I'll never set foot again in that stadium for a concert. I saw them in the Amsterdam Arena when the stadium was just 1 or 2 years old. The sound was horrible and everybody complained about it. Then they promised to improve the acoustics by hanging huge cloths, reposition the speakers and opening the roof during concerts. So with high expectations I went to the Licks tour in the Arena in 2003 but it was just as bad as before. But I had FOS tix and that kinda made up for the bad sound. But when you thought a fox is not taken twice in the same snare, I went for a third time during the ABB tour. Long story short, that was the last time for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-14 18:06 by ribbelchips.

Posted by: matthijst ()
Date: March 14, 2022 18:08

Probably something like this, Amsterdam Arena prices and seated sections:

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: March 14, 2022 19:05

Mathijs
The Johan Cruijff Arena (old Amsterdam Arena) is just totally not suitable for any concert. And the current Stones, with a set of only 19 songs, without Charlie Watts, with mainly big hits I do not want to hear anymore, at these prices, in a venue totally unsuited for music: forget about it.

Bring on El Mocambo!

Mathijs

Very well said, Mathijs. There you got it all.
Except for the El Mocambo line cool smiley El Mocambo might be overrated.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: March 14, 2022 21:31

Yes, I am also from The Netherlands and I only can agree about The Arena.
It's the worst place to have a concert in The Netherlands.

The sound is awful, but after a couple of years everytime I forgot how awful it realy was and I went again. But the last time it was so bad that I even couldn't hear what Jagger was singing. Ofcourse I know the songs so I knew the words, but otherwise I realy wouldn't have a clue what he was singing about.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 14, 2022 21:33

Sound in the pit was great in 2017

Posted by: roma1927 ()
Date: March 14, 2022 23:01

So there are also vip packages and for the first time there is entry early for the pit.
[www.ticketmaster.nl]

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: March 15, 2022 07:27

AntoineParis
Sound in the pit was great in 2017

I was in the first circle behind the pit, and the sound wasn't the worst, indeed.
But the massive crowd, the 2 percent alcohol in the beer, and the same songs year after year, really started annoying me, although I have seen them 40 times.
And after Arnhem in 2017, I just realised : for me it's over.

But for everyone else : Enjoy, but don't get seated, there the sound is horrible.

Posted by: Pearl66 ()
Date: March 15, 2022 11:04

Do any of you already know the prices of the VIP packages for Amsterdam? On the ticketmaster website it's only stated what the packages contain, no prices yet..

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 15, 2022 11:25

Maybe the sound has improved now?..

Amsterdam ArenA Outfitted With d&b audiotechnik
April 12, 2017
ArrayProcessing software and Y-Series arrays chosen to provide concert-level audio and overcome acoustical issues.
Amsterdam ArenA stadium is the preferred venue for the Dutch national football team, AFC Ajax.

As part of an ongoing upgrade, a new audio solution based on d&b audiotechnik‘s Y-Series arrays has been added.

Production manager at Amsterdam ArenA, Tim Oosterop says, “Like our LED screens, or escalators, audio investment is not something you can charge for, it doesn’t translate directly into revenue, but it does see the audience come earlier and stay longer. If they’re here that’s good for revenue, and makes best use of the facilities.

“Ajax already has its own video production department and puts a lot of work into the pre-show environment. Entertainment is the key component and quality audio is a big part of delivering that experience.”

“As far as the challenging acoustics of stadium venues are concerned,” adds Oosterop, “we wanted a system in place that allowed us to clearly show concert organizers, band managers and event promoters, that we had invested in, and made serious inroads into making it possible to achieve the highest quality sound.

“For us that meant it was important to have an installed audio system from a brand name that is recognized as superior by the touring industry. Through our research we observed that for a significant number of years d&b audiotechnik has been identified as number one in the industry, with three other close contenders, all of whom were invited to tender.”

Oosterop says the fact the d&b ArrayProcessing software interfaces invisibly with the arena’s existing MediaMatrix management system facilitated a simple and easily executed route to accommodating a variety of event formats, without compromising safety standards.

“With what we have now, we can present acoustic models and predictive scenarios to provide those planning to bring their shows here. We have an audio infrastructure that allows them to plan for best sound. By having all the modelling software and associated data, we enable them the time and space to plan accordingly.”

Stefan Goertz, head of Education and Application Support at d&b explains how flexible formatting was realized in the system design.

“To make the switch to concert configuration easy, three of the line array clusters pivot. These turntable arrays are an easy principal; simple mechanical pins are pulled by a rope from the catwalk, and a second rope allows you to manually turn the array; the pin is sprung loaded and will click into a preset second slot to lock the array in concert orientation. It’s a very reliable manual process; no need for complex electric motors linked to positional controls. At the end of the football season the arrays can be quickly and easily repositioned in readiness.”

“The quality of the d&b system was not just a few steps up in terms of sonic delivery, there are other benefits, not least massive savings in power consumption,” adds Oosterop. “The old system, in order to comply with evacuation regulations, had to be on 24/7 so that if you hit the evacuation button the response of the system was immediate.

“With the new d&b solution it can be off when not in use. At any time, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, if you hit the evacuation button the system responds in half a second. Not only that, for smaller events where perhaps just part of the stadium is in use, the system is zoned, so we have default programs within the evacuation control customized for us by Ampco/Flashlight (the arena’s audio service provider), that trigger the evacuation system to move people out zone by zone.

“Obviously, the big saving for us is in not having the system on all the time, but we also find that not only is sound improved throughout the venue, but power consumed during non-events is lessened. Audio power consumption has been reduced by 85%. Not only is that a huge financial impact, it’s also a great ecological result. One of the arena‘s aims is to be carbon neutral; we already have solar panels and wind turbines in place. Now we are one step closer.”

[www.prosoundweb.com]

Posted by: michielz ()
Date: March 15, 2022 11:28

Where did you find these ticketprices? Can't find them on ticketmaster, the Arena site or at Mojo (the concert-promotor).

jackflash27
Voor het concert van The Rolling Stones in de Johan Cruijff Arena zijn verschillende soorten tickets beschikbaar:

Diamond Pit: €347,20
Golden Circle: €296,80
Rang 1 - Staanplaatsen: €151,20
Rang 2 - Zitplaatsen: €218,40
Rang 3 - Zitplaatsen: €173,60
Rang 4 - Zitplaatsen: €128,80
Rang 5 - Zitplaatsen: €84,00
Rolstoel- en begeleidersplaats: €151,20

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 15, 2022 11:33

michielz
Where did you find these ticketprices? Can't find them on ticketmaster, the Arena site or at Mojo (the concert-promotor).

jackflash27
Voor het concert van The Rolling Stones in de Johan Cruijff Arena zijn verschillende soorten tickets beschikbaar:

Diamond Pit: €347,20
Golden Circle: €296,80
Rang 1 - Staanplaatsen: €151,20
Rang 2 - Zitplaatsen: €218,40
Rang 3 - Zitplaatsen: €173,60
Rang 4 - Zitplaatsen: €128,80
Rang 5 - Zitplaatsen: €84,00
Rolstoel- en begeleidersplaats: €151,20

[www.ticketmaster.nl]

Date: March 15, 2022 11:44

NilsHolgersson
Maybe the sound has improved now?..

Amsterdam ArenA Outfitted With d&b audiotechnik
April 12, 2017
ArrayProcessing software and Y-Series arrays chosen to provide concert-level audio and overcome acoustical issues.
Amsterdam ArenA stadium is the preferred venue for the Dutch national football team, AFC Ajax.

As part of an ongoing upgrade, a new audio solution based on d&b audiotechnik‘s Y-Series arrays has been added.

Production manager at Amsterdam ArenA, Tim Oosterop says, “Like our LED screens, or escalators, audio investment is not something you can charge for, it doesn’t translate directly into revenue, but it does see the audience come earlier and stay longer. If they’re here that’s good for revenue, and makes best use of the facilities.

“Ajax already has its own video production department and puts a lot of work into the pre-show environment. Entertainment is the key component and quality audio is a big part of delivering that experience.”

“As far as the challenging acoustics of stadium venues are concerned,” adds Oosterop, “we wanted a system in place that allowed us to clearly show concert organizers, band managers and event promoters, that we had invested in, and made serious inroads into making it possible to achieve the highest quality sound.

“For us that meant it was important to have an installed audio system from a brand name that is recognized as superior by the touring industry. Through our research we observed that for a significant number of years d&b audiotechnik has been identified as number one in the industry, with three other close contenders, all of whom were invited to tender.”

Oosterop says the fact the d&b ArrayProcessing software interfaces invisibly with the arena’s existing MediaMatrix management system facilitated a simple and easily executed route to accommodating a variety of event formats, without compromising safety standards.

“With what we have now, we can present acoustic models and predictive scenarios to provide those planning to bring their shows here. We have an audio infrastructure that allows them to plan for best sound. By having all the modelling software and associated data, we enable them the time and space to plan accordingly.”

Stefan Goertz, head of Education and Application Support at d&b explains how flexible formatting was realized in the system design.

“To make the switch to concert configuration easy, three of the line array clusters pivot. These turntable arrays are an easy principal; simple mechanical pins are pulled by a rope from the catwalk, and a second rope allows you to manually turn the array; the pin is sprung loaded and will click into a preset second slot to lock the array in concert orientation. It’s a very reliable manual process; no need for complex electric motors linked to positional controls. At the end of the football season the arrays can be quickly and easily repositioned in readiness.”

“The quality of the d&b system was not just a few steps up in terms of sonic delivery, there are other benefits, not least massive savings in power consumption,” adds Oosterop. “The old system, in order to comply with evacuation regulations, had to be on 24/7 so that if you hit the evacuation button the response of the system was immediate.

“With the new d&b solution it can be off when not in use. At any time, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, if you hit the evacuation button the system responds in half a second. Not only that, for smaller events where perhaps just part of the stadium is in use, the system is zoned, so we have default programs within the evacuation control customized for us by Ampco/Flashlight (the arena’s audio service provider), that trigger the evacuation system to move people out zone by zone.

“Obviously, the big saving for us is in not having the system on all the time, but we also find that not only is sound improved throughout the venue, but power consumed during non-events is lessened. Audio power consumption has been reduced by 85%. Not only is that a huge financial impact, it’s also a great ecological result. One of the arena‘s aims is to be carbon neutral; we already have solar panels and wind turbines in place. Now we are one step closer.”

[www.prosoundweb.com]

This has little to do with the acoustics in the stadium during concerts. It's about the internal audio system in the stadium. The Stones won't use that.

Date: March 15, 2022 12:13

Mathijs

Bring on El Mocambo!

Mathijs

Maybe you guys should bring up the IORR.Org Band in Amsterdam. Corona is over.

Posted by: michielz ()
Date: March 15, 2022 12:30

Thanks! Should have scrolled 'all the way down'smiling smiley

Date: March 15, 2022 13:00

michielz
Thanks! Should have scrolled 'all the way down'smiling smiley

All down the line.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 15, 2022 13:16

ribbelchips
This has little to do with the acoustics in the stadium during concerts. It's about the internal audio system in the stadium. The Stones won't use that.

Oh.. bummer..

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: March 15, 2022 15:01

It's against my (football related) convictions to enter the Johan Cruijff Arena.
I've made an exception in 2017 for the Stones. Sound was not as bad as I feared, but
I promised myself it was a once in a lifetime experience.
Good luck to those who will go, and I am sure you'll have fun. Me, I'll enjoy reliving
great concerts from the past.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: March 15, 2022 19:18

marcovandereijk
It's against my (football related) convictions to enter the Johan Cruijff Arena.
I've made an exception in 2017 for the Stones. Sound was not as bad as I feared, but
I promised myself it was a once in a lifetime experience.
Good luck to those who will go, and I am sure you'll have fun. Me, I'll enjoy reliving
great concerts from the past.

Ajax only rents the stadium, it's not theirs, like The Stones rent it too. Does that help you?

Posted by: snarf2014 ()
Date: March 15, 2022 22:28

Does anyone know how much Beggar’s Banquet VIP Package costs?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 16, 2022 09:59

No map shown till now.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 16, 2022 11:02

Only platinum tix on presale

Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: March 16, 2022 11:03

any one knows code for presale?

Posted by: JoelFFFF ()
Date: March 16, 2022 11:03

You can click regular tickets and then enter the pre sale code, that should help!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 16, 2022 11:04

backofmyhand
any one knows code for presale?

ROCKSOFF

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: March 16, 2022 11:09

hi all,

PIT A is which side? Ronnie's side? PIT B is Keith side?

Could anyone share the Arena view please?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 16

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2113
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home