Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 19
Re: Munich Gerrmany 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 28, 2022 09:52

Topi
Thanks. Do the printed-out Lucky Dip tickets inficate the price of the ticket and/or the words "Lucky Dip"? I seem to recall that was the case, at least with some venues.

there's no price shown on the LD tickets nowadays (but in 2014 there was the LD price printed on the tickets).
'LD' or 'Lucky Dip' is printed the tickets but sometimes only in a very small font.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 28, 2022 10:05

OK, that might indicate that the LD "pool" is set aside/earmarked in the ticketing system even before the tickets are actually printed out.

Anyways, sorry for straying off-topic here, I think we should continue this in the Lucky Dip thread winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-28 10:11 by Topi.

Date: April 28, 2022 10:46

Topi
OK, that might indicate that the LD "pool" is set aside/earmarked in the ticketing system even before the tickets are actually printed out.

Quite the opposite! If those tickets are set aside there's no need to print LD tickets on the day of the show. Therefore I think they decide on the day of the show (or a few days before) which tickets are put in the LD pool. Then they print them (using a database makes it very easy to print any information you want on tickets within no time).
(Maybe some confusion arises because we still percieve tickets as physical tickets while they are just data)

Date: April 28, 2022 11:23

The whole process may even be more automatized than we realize!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 3, 2022 15:40

Currently new TopSeats in the frontrow of Blocks A4+A5, still the 'old' price of € 776 :

[www.Eventim.de] - (03-May-2022, 2:20pm)

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 3, 2022 16:12

Irix
Currently new TopSeats in the frontrow of Blocks A4+A5, still the 'old' price of € 776 :

[www.Eventim.de] - (03-May-2022, 2:20pm)
I learned during the last tour in Europe that the front-row seats are not necessarily the best. The reason: there always come people throughout the show sneaking in there in front of the rail and having discussions with the security guards who ask them to go back to their seats. Also the area in front of your seat serves as a pathway for all people that are getting drinks or going to the toilet during the show. So much about these "top-seats"...

Date: May 3, 2022 16:25

StonedRambler

Also the area in front of your seat serves as a pathway for all people that are getting drinks or going to the toilet during the show.

People that are getting drinks or going to the toilet during the show is an issue with almost every seat in the venue .... unfortunately.

Date: May 3, 2022 16:27

Irix
StonedRambler

Also the area in front of your seat serves as a pathway for all people that are getting drinks or going to the toilet during the show.

People that are getting drinks or going to the toilet during the show is an issue with almost every seat in the venue .... unfortunately.
Unless it is yourself who needs to go !

Date: May 3, 2022 16:31

Just go during Miss You like everybody else!

Date: May 3, 2022 16:31

Topi
Too crowed for me, my peak moment is dripping, uh slipping away

Date: May 3, 2022 16:40

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Unless it is yourself who needs to go !

Of course .... or just not going and enjoying the Music instead.

Date: May 3, 2022 17:05

Topi
Actually in 2018, most people were going during You Got The Silver. It was absurd to see in Stuttgart how a lot of people in the golden circle just sat down and others were going for drinks or the bathroom. At Miss You everyone was back partying being super excited about the song.

And yes I know that the "Miss You toilet break" has been the running gag on this forum for years...

Date: May 3, 2022 18:10

StonedRambler
Topi
Actually in 2018, most people were going during You Got The Silver. It was absurd to see in Stuttgart how a lot of people in the golden circle just sat down and others were going for drinks or the bathroom. At Miss You everyone was back partying being super excited about the song.

And yes I know that the "Miss You toilet break" has been the running gag on this forum for years...

most of the 'normal' people don't know when it's "P/Miss You" time and that's why the think Keith' set is the best opportunity…

Date: May 3, 2022 18:55

The real pros sprint as soon as HTW ends and are back when Keith's first song starts

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: May 3, 2022 19:18

I agree with StonedRambler. Leave ASAP after HTW and you wont miss a song. Unfortunately though, you will miss Mick's banter and band introductions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-03 19:19 by 2120Joe.

Date: May 3, 2022 19:26

2120Joe
I agree with StonedRambler. Leave ASAP after HTW and you wont miss a song. Unfortunately though, you will miss Mick's banter and band introductions.
Yes, but the whole band introductions and Mick's jokes got so predictable in recent years it's mostly not a big loss. I mean I can't blame him, he knows what works and most people go to one show only. ( "Is anybody here from...? Anybody here from...? Okay, enough towns")

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: May 3, 2022 19:26

Would those of you famaliar with Munich please expand on logistics for us visitors. What area to stay for 5 nights, what to see, how to get to/from show. I'm excited to add this stop with my son to the shows I will make this year. We prefer to walk whenever possible and want to stay in a safe, fun part of the city. Thank you in advance!

Date: May 3, 2022 19:35

2120Joe

Would those of you famaliar with Munich please expand on logistics for us visitors.

Public Transport: [www.MVV-Muenchen.de] - see also the Network maps there. Munich travel tips/guide (by Google) - [www.TimeOut.com] , [www.NomadicMatt.com] . About Munich - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-03 19:45 by Irix.

Date: May 3, 2022 20:17

2120Joe
Would those of you famaliar with Munich please expand on logistics for us visitors. What area to stay for 5 nights, what to see, how to get to/from show. I'm excited to add this stop with my son to the shows I will make this year. We prefer to walk whenever possible and want to stay in a safe, fun part of the city. Thank you in advance!

best advice: don't chose a hotel close to the venue since the venue is not close to the city center

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: May 4, 2022 13:04

2120Joe

I'd aim for somewhere in Schwabing, where there are plenty of bars, restaurants etc. You have easy access to the Olympic Stadium by underground (U-Bahn), or even by foot if you don't mind a 45 minute or so walk...

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: May 4, 2022 13:25

Munich is probably the safest city of Germany and has a very good public transportation system. So you could stay anywhere in the city. You can easily get to the venue with the underground.
There are so many things to do in Munich: Museums, parks, beer gardens and the nearness of the Alpes. Just depends on your personal interests...
The English garden to my knowledge is one of the world's largest parks in a the city , five years ago it was even possible to meet Mick Jagger in the Englischer Garten smiling smiley
(Perhaps MJ should change lyrics from walking central park to walking English garden winking smiley )

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-04 13:30 by Stoneswolf.

Date: May 4, 2022 15:05

I'm one of those people who prefer to stay within walking distance to the actual concert venue. Less hassle after the show.

I saw that there's an underground station next to my hotel, about a 15 minute ride from downtown Munich. That's not awful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-04 15:07 by Topi.

Date: May 4, 2022 16:00

Topi
I'm one of those people who prefer to stay within walking distance to the actual concert venue. Less hassle after the show.

I saw that there's an underground station next to my hotel, about a 15 minute ride from downtown Munich. That's not awful.

it always depends on how long you stay in a town. If it's just for the show a nearby hotel is the best. If you stay longer and what to explore the city you should stay in a hotel close to the city center.

Date: May 4, 2022 16:06

That is also true. Munich will be a really quick in and out for me this time (from Saturday night to Monday afternoon). Not much of a sightseeing trip, sadly.

Anyways, I just hate taking public transit after a show smiling smiley If I can avoid it, all the better.

Posted by: sister ()
Date: May 4, 2022 17:43

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-08 07:03 by sister.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 4, 2022 20:10

I heard that the Mandarin Oriental is the best hotel in Munich - so the Stones will be there, I guess?

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: May 10, 2022 14:09

drbryant
I heard that the Mandarin Oriental is the best hotel in Munich - so the Stones will be there, I guess?

Probably Bayerischer Hof. That one is quite popular amongst musicians (and anyone else who's famous). Pretty much everybody has stayed there. Saw Ronnie there in '06. And Michael Jackson amongst others. Almost ran into Gorbachev.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: May 10, 2022 14:22

Normally it is in the press where they stay.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-10 15:19 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 10, 2022 17:29

slewan
Topi

it always depends on how long you stay in a town. If it's just for the show a nearby hotel is the best. If you stay longer and what to explore the city you should stay in a hotel close to the city center.

Also the Olympiagarten itself is quite nice to hang out and big and offers a nice stroll and you can listen to the soundcheck while having a beer.
And - it is just 10min by subway to the old town which is really nice as well.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 10, 2022 17:39

StonedRambler
Topi

And now Miss You is one of the most crowd pleasure song of the night...
Weird

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 19

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1268
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home