Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738
Current Page: 38 of 38
Re: Top 3 european tour 2022
Posted by: eismann ()
Date: August 6, 2022 11:40

1. Waldbühne Berlin
2. Olympic Stadium Münich
3. Arena Gelsenkirchen

Could not make any other show,
but fully satisfied with the German triple

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: August 6, 2022 12:37

out of my 4 shows (5th was postponed sad smiley )

hyde II ( because of changed setlist)

vienna ( very motivated crowd )

munich ( rocks off winking smiley )

Posted by: Nankstone ()
Date: August 6, 2022 12:39

Milan & Berlin very, very small difference, greater distance to Munich.

1. Milan
2. Berlin
3. Munich

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: August 6, 2022 12:40

1.Berlin
2.Liverpool
3.Hyde Park 2

These were the only ones that I attended >grinning smiley<

Re: The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: Rambler62 ()
Date: August 6, 2022 13:40

Berlin- Munich - Vienna (in this order)

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: August 6, 2022 14:13

1. Berlin
2. London #2
3. Paris
4. Amsterdam
5. München
6. Gelsenkirchen
7. Madrid

Posted by: Erhard51 ()
Date: August 6, 2022 14:30

1. Berlin
2. Munich
3. Gelsenkirchen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-06 14:32 by Erhard51.

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: August 6, 2022 14:35

Out of my 3 shows.

Paris
Madrid
(Lyon)

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 6, 2022 14:41

out of my seven shows:

1. Berlin
2. Liverpool
3. Brussels

purely subjective, of course.
(I know that a lot of people say Paris was the best, but for me the show was spoiled by people around me singing along (loud and out of tune), others clapping along (usually out of time) and other talking and pushing all the time)

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: August 6, 2022 14:45

I've attended to four shows: Munich, Paris, Gelsenkirchen and Berlin. My top 3:

1. Berlin
2. Paris
3. Munich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-06 14:45 by bertrichards.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 6, 2022 15:21

1. Bern
2. Helsinki
3. Warsaw

Nothing can beat “live in the ghost towns”…

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 24, 2022 22:45

The German Rock-Magazine Eclipsed (October 2022) has an 8-pages special about 60 years of the Rolling Stones - [www.Eclipsed.de] :

There's also an interview with Chuck Leavell. When asked by Eclipsed about new Stones-Music, he said his personal guess would be 2023.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 24, 2022 22:55

Irix
The German Rock-Magazine Eclipsed (October 2022) has an 8-pages special about 60 years of the Rolling Stones - [www.Eclipsed.de] :

There's also an interview with Chuck Leavell. When asked by Eclipsed about new Stones-Music, he said his personal guess would be 2023.

hm, so even Chuck Leabell is guessing… is this good or bad news?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 24, 2022 23:49

slewan
Irix

hm, so even Chuck Leabell is guessing… is this good or bad news?

Could be he isn't really involved into the new music. They often do sessions with Matt these days.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 4, 2022 16:35

John Meglen on the Rolling Stones’ Sixty tour

The Concerts West boss reflects on the band's recently-completed 60th anniversary European stadium run in a new interview with IQ

By James Hanley on 03 Oct 2022

Promoting heavyweight John Meglen has given IQ the inside track on the Rolling Stones’ 60th anniversary tour.

Running from 1 June to 3 August, the 14-date AEG/Concerts West-promoted Sixty European stadium tour was a complete sell-out, generating US$121,326,763 from total ticket sales of 712,641.

With the exception of a scheduled stop in Switzerland at Bern’s 45,000-cap Wankdorf Stadium being cancelled due to Mick Jagger testing positive for Covid, Meglen considers the tour to have been a roaring triumph in the face of well-documented challenges.

“I won’t say it was the easiest show we ever did, it was tough out there, but I would call it a total team effort,” says the Concerts West boss. “We had very well planned out Covid protocols that everyone stuck to. We had one hiccup, but considering that we were running from country to country to country with different policies, regulations and procedures that you have to stay constantly updated on, you’ve got to give credit to every single person on the tour for sticking to those plans. That’s what really helped us out.”

He continues: “We’ve all seen recently, post Covid, where you [sell] the show out in the last few days because people want to make sure it’s going to happen and that it’s not going to get rescheduled or cancelled. Unfortunately, we’ve had much more of that than we’ve had in the past. But the business was amazing.”

AEG/Concerts West worked with a host of local promoters on the tour, including Doctor Music/Live Nation Spain (Wanda Metropolitano, Madrid); FKP Scorpio (Olympic Stadium, Munich/Veltins Arena, Gelsenkirchen/Waldbühne, Berlin); Di and Gi/Live Nation Italy (San Siro, Milan); Mojo Concerts (Johan Cruyff Arena, Amsterdam); Greenhouse Talent (Kingbaudoin Stadium, Brussels); Barracuda Music (Ernst Happel Stadium, Vienna); Live Nation France (Hippodrome de Longchamps, Paris) and Live Nation Sweden (Friends Arena, Stockholm).

Meglen paid tribute to the wider Stones’ team, which is headed by manager Joyce Smyth.

“They’re all wonderful,” he says. “Joyce Smyth is absolutely amazing and has a tremendous team around her. Our Concerts West team has now worked with them for years and years; there’s a sense of family when we’re out on the road and we take care of each other. That goes all the way from Mick, Keith [Richards], Ronnie [Wood], all the way down through everybody else on the tour.

“It’s a blessing of working with these guys. They absolutely are the greatest in the world, there’s no question about it.”

UK dates comprised a 36,917-cap concert at Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium and two 65,000-cap nights at London’s BST Hyde Park. Each show began with a video tribute to the Stones’ legendary drummer Charlie Watts, who died last year aged 80.

“I get chills and teary-eyed virtually every time I watch it,” says Meglen. “I can only speak for myself personally, but I miss that man tremendously. He was such a gent, such a talent and an incredible guy.”

He adds: “[Replacement drummer] Steve Jordan is amazing. He just came in and didn’t miss a step. He provides a different energy, but I think he very much respects how Charlie played and tries to represent that.”

The band’s previous No Filter tour was comfortably the highest-grossing of 2021, garnering $115,498,182 – almost $30m clear of their nearest contender, Harry Styles. And despite reaching their diamond anniversary, there has been no suggestion that Sixty marked the end of the Stones’ touring years.

“I haven’t heard anybody say anything’s stopping, so we’re always there and ready,” says Meglen. “It’s for Joyce and the guys to figure that out and, if and when, it’d be a blessing again.

“A lot of what makes it work is when you have guys like Opie [longtime Stones production manager Dale Skjerseth], a tremendous, amazing band and then the guys playing better and better. It’s crazy how good they are and how they just bring it every single time.”

[www.iq-mag.net]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 4, 2022 21:44

"A complete sell-out"? What about the Munich numbers compared to 2017?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 6, 2022 07:14

Topi
"A complete sell-out"? What about the Munich numbers compared to 2017?

2022... 56,144 / 56,144.

2017... 72,637 / 72,637.

Less numbers doesn't equate to a sell out or not. A sell out is a sell out.

So yeah... a complete sell out! The tour sold every ticket available ie not just a sell out but a complete sell out - even though they mean the same thing.

Semantics.

Date: October 6, 2022 07:38

I appreciate that, but hockenheim95's message in another thread gave me the impression Munich didn't quite sell out:

[iorr.org]

Munich tickets incl.pit were still available on the morning of show day - obviously I have no way of knowing whether they actually sold them all in the end:

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-06 08:06 by Topi.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 6, 2022 10:34

Gelsenkirchen and Munich were both not sold out. For Munich there were thousands of tickets available on show day.

For Gelsenkirchen there were tickets available too. I upgraded myself in Gelsenkirchen by looking at the Eventim website for available seats. This seat was occupied by me for the whole show and not sold last minute to anyone!

My Impression is that since a few years they claim that Sold seats are the capacity to pretend they have completely Sold Out every show!

Date: October 6, 2022 12:44

In Munich, the "Abendkasse" (box office) was almost right next to the LD counter. I saw people go there to buy tickets very late in the evening, even long after the opening act had gone on.

(Some of those ticket buyers joined the Lucky Dip pickup line by mistake, resulting in even further delays in distributing the Lucky Dips!).

Forget when they closed the Abendkasse but they definitely kept it open quite late. I was still in line for the LD pickup as the Stones went on stage at around 8:50 PM...and only received my tickets three songs in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-06 12:44 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738
Current Page: 38 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home