Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738Next
Current Page: 36 of 38
Re: The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 18, 2022 10:50

bertrichards
GasLightStreet
bv

It is not a big secret there is a major new Omicron Wave with the variants BA4 / BA5 in Europe these days. If you read the news then you will see that the wave is peaking in many countries.

Having boosters or even so called immunity has zero influence on people not getting it.

confused smiley

It's the new Covid-19 virus variants (BA.1, BA.2/2.75, BA.3, BA.4, BA.5): "In the Omikron line, vaccination is still able to protect well against death, severe courses and hospitalisation, but only to a limited extent against infection, against disease and against further spread." And: "An BA.1 infection provides little protection against infection with BA.5". See: [www.Tagesschau.de] - (17-Jul-2022, in German).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-18 11:20 by Irix.

Date: July 18, 2022 10:55

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-18 14:50 by Irix.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: July 18, 2022 13:26

Hi All,

Any idea where can we find these new logo patterns and list of all (correct) tour cities for Sixty?
Thanks.

Date: July 18, 2022 13:30

Oriongalaxy

Any idea where can we find these new logo patterns

"In 2022, we’ve worked on the branding of ‘SIXTY’, their 60th anniversary project and European Tour" - [www.Thinkfarm.co.uk] .

Date: July 18, 2022 14:12

Irix
Oriongalaxy

"In 2022, we’ve worked on the branding of ‘SIXTY’, their 60th anniversary project and European Tour" - [www.Thinkfarm.co.uk] .

Thanks. However these are just a few logos...

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: July 18, 2022 16:31

Irix
Oriongalaxy

The ‘62-‘22 merchandise is on Amazon if you search Sixty tour

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 18, 2022 22:11

Oriongalaxy
Hi All,

Any idea where can we find these new logo patterns and list of all (correct) tour cities for Sixty?
Thanks.

You can find a list of all correct tour cities here: [iorr.org]

Date: July 18, 2022 23:40

hockenheim95

But that's not what he meant - [iorr.org] . He means that city-list (with dates) which is mostly to find on the back of the Tour-Shirts:

[TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] - Large picture

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-18 23:55 by Irix.

Date: July 19, 2022 12:36

Irix
hockenheim95

But that's not what he meant - [iorr.org] . He means that city-list (with dates) which is mostly to find on the back of the Tour-Shirts:

Exactly. That's what I'm looking for - a list of cities with dates for this tour - just in correct order (Amsterdam of July 7th and Berlin added on August 3rd).

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 19, 2022 14:23

Oriongalaxy
Irix
hockenheim95

Exactly. That's what I'm looking for - a list of cities with dates for this tour - just in correct order (Amsterdam of July 7th and Berlin added on August 3rd).

very unlikely that they'll print new T-shirts with correct dates (at least Bern isn't in Germany anymore)

Date: July 20, 2022 15:00

slewan

very unlikely that they'll print new T-shirts with correct dates

Hence Oriongalaxy wants to make his own T-Shirt with the correct dates and is looking for the dates/cities lettering. The 'Joane Stencil Ultrabold' font comes half-way close to the special, exclusively used SIXTY-font.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 15:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 20, 2022 15:15

What's that font called? It would be pretty easy to compile a list of your own if you knew the font.

Date: July 20, 2022 15:20

Topi

What's that font called?

It's their own special, exclusively used font - like Voodoo Lounge or Bridges to Babylon - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 20, 2022 20:56

Depending on the size of the shirt, there might be some newly printed ones available with the corrected dates on them...

Last year at the show in Detroit, my daughter got one that had Hollywood added to the list, she wears a small...

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: July 29, 2022 16:32

Wow the end of the tour
Looking back it been amazing to watch and hear these show thank you to everyone and bv...can't imagine where we all go next
I'm sixty not knowing what tomorrow will bring..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 30, 2022 01:43

Yes almost over, and there's been lots of ups and downs from the beginning...

Pros:

Out of Time has been great.
Midnight Rambler is always great.
Gimme Shelter and Happy, along with You Got the Silver always great.
Dead Flowers and Angie - both magnificent and should be played at every show.
Can't You Hear Me Knocking - even though it was shortened, the mutated version somewhat grew on me.
They're playing well enough (relatively speaking) that a return to the US next year seems very realistic. North America and South America - get ready!
Mick celebrating his 79th birthday while out on the road... amazing that he still has the passion to perform, and he still tries to give as much as he's capable of.
Perhaps the ultimate highlight - the inclusion of the Ukranian youth choir for You Can't Always Get What You Want in Vienna

Cons:

Ugly stage design.
Railroad strikes and airport dilemmas
Covid here, Covid there, and Covid just about everywhere.
Quite a few IORR members catching Covid, and then having to miss attending some shows.
Mick catching Covid, Sasha missing a show, along with a couple of shortened setlists.
The canceled show, the postponed show, and the rescheduled show due to Covid.
Charlie is still heavily missed every second of every show.
Still no new album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-30 01:45 by Hairball.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 30, 2022 11:33

"Still no new album" is a con on this tour?

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: July 30, 2022 18:46

I'm so past waiting on a new album I'd rather have a new live album from this tour

Posted by: Putty ()
Date: July 30, 2022 18:48

Any sales numbers so far?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 31, 2022 04:56

Hhhhaaaaa the sheep-skin is back on again ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 22:46

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: August 2, 2022 07:58

I didn't go to any shows this year because of Covid. I was wondering: at the end of each show, have the Stones been projecting onto the screen "See you again soon." or any such message? I always like to see that message as hope that we will have more shows the next year.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 2, 2022 08:15

OhYesMeAgain
I was wondering: at the end of each show, have the Stones been projecting onto the screen "See you again soon." or any such message?

It’s been ”THANK YOU” in the local language of the country they’re playing.

Date: August 3, 2022 05:22

erikjjf
OhYesMeAgain
I was wondering: at the end of each show, have the Stones been projecting onto the screen "See you again soon." or any such message?

It’s been ”THANK YOU” in the local language of the country they’re playing.

Saying "THANK YOU" instead of "See you again soon" makes me a little nervous but I suspect that I am reading too much into the message of thanks! smiling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 3, 2022 05:48

OhYesMeAgain
I didn't go to any shows this year because of Covid. I was wondering: at the end of each show, have the Stones been projecting onto the screen "See you again soon." or any such message? I always like to see that message as hope that we will have more shows the next year.

Just curious - not making fun at all - seeing all the people go to the shows in whatever live videos make you wonder if Covid was really an issue in hindsite?

I know of someone in Chicago that is is apparently terrified of going out because of Covid and his and their family's life has changed because of it to my knowledge and to this day have no participated in ANYTHING.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: August 3, 2022 18:21

powerage78

It's a nice interview with Steve Jordan. It was done via Zoom after the Madrid show.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: August 3, 2022 18:39

GasLightStreet
OhYesMeAgain

Just curious - not making fun at all - seeing all the people go to the shows in whatever live videos make you wonder if Covid was really an issue in hindsite?

I know of someone in Chicago that is is apparently terrified of going out because of Covid and his and their family's life has changed because of it to my knowledge and to this day have no participated in ANYTHING.

Oh well, I went to 17 concerts this year and in the days after the Stones show, my fourth concert this year, I discovered I had Corona, for the first time since this pandemic shit began. And I didn't really lock myself down in all that time. It was mild symptoms though. Didn't even feel sick. Other than that, no, it's not an issue. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-03 18:40 by PatrickS77.

Date: August 3, 2022 22:51

GasLightStreet
OhYesMeAgain

I can't know for sure, but maybe a lot of people probably got covid at each show. I don't think there is any contact tracing. So, I think what I did was right for me. But it was really sad not to go. I love the whole thing: waiting for the announcement, trying to get a cheap hotel room, scoring with a pit ticket! I really felt like I missed out. So, I hope next year I will be able to go.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 4, 2022 00:24

It's a wrap!

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 00:50

Now the tour is over anyone would kindly sell me their cup the stones sixty one? Ebay goes for stupid prices preferably a UK seller thanks

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738Next
Current Page: 36 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home