Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738Next
Current Page: 35 of 38
Re: The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 12, 2022 12:40

12th July 1962 - 2022:

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 12, 2022 15:10

I feel lucky to have gotten to 4 of them this tour. Well worth the trip over. Sure hope Brussels wasn't the last time for me. If they tour I will go, but if this was is, it ended on a great last run.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 12, 2022 17:19

daspyknows
I feel lucky to have gotten to 4 of them this tour. Well worth the trip over. Sure hope Brussels wasn't the last time for me. If they tour I will go, but if this was is, it ended on a great last run.

Glad you had a good time. I enjoyed reading your reactions, and hope to possibly hear some of those recordings you made on the Sixty tour one day.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-12 18:18 by angee.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 12, 2022 21:44

georgie48
RisingStone
Consider wearing a face mask, folks, when you are at a “super-spreader covid event” (Mick Jagger).

Yep. And don't hug, kiss, etc. and wash your hands or ... put on a Rolling Stones record. "Living In A Ghost Town" may become reality again confused smiley

eye popping smiley

Great tune, but do NOT want to go back there...

"Life was so beautiful
Then we all got locked down..."

sad smiley

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: July 13, 2022 11:59

angee
daspyknows

Glad you had a good time. I enjoyed reading your reactions, and hope to possibly hear some of those recordings you made on the Sixty tour one day.
So do I. Listened to your Prague 2018 recording the other day again, so stellar. Glad you got to enjoy this run of shows! I still have a show ahead of me, but already dread the feeling of 'this may really have been it'.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: July 14, 2022 13:45

Hi All,

could anyone kindly post the working link to these interviews series with Matt Wilkinson via Apple Music?

Date: July 14, 2022 14:05

Oriongalaxy

could anyone kindly post the working link to these interviews series with Matt Wilkinson via Apple Music?

[Twitter.com] , [Music.Apple.com] . Looks like it requires an Apple Music subscription.

Date: July 14, 2022 15:31

Irix
Oriongalaxy

[Twitter.com] , [Music.Apple.com] . Looks like it requires an Apple Music subscription.

Thanks. Indeed it seems ;ike you has to subscribe.
I'm sure there are many subscribers here though...Could someone make a MP3 and share?
We would appreciate a lot! smiling smiley

Date: July 14, 2022 15:45

Oriongalaxy

I'm sure there are many subscribers here though...Could someone make a MP3 and share? We would appreciate a lot!

There's a 1 month free trial for Apple Music - [www.Apple.com] . You could make an MP3 and share it here. We would appreciate it a lot .... winking smiley

Date: July 15, 2022 13:12

Irix
Oriongalaxy

I'm sure there are many subscribers here though...Could someone make a MP3 and share? We would appreciate a lot!

There's a 1 month free trial for Apple Music - [www.Apple.com] . You could make an MP3 and share it here. We would appreciate it a lot .... winking smiley

I'm not a subscriber though...Maybe you?...

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 12:54

Hairball
georgie48
RisingStone
Consider wearing a face mask, folks, when you are at a “super-spreader covid event” (Mick Jagger).

Yep. And don't hug, kiss, etc. and wash your hands or ... put on a Rolling Stones record. "Living In A Ghost Town" may become reality again confused smiley

eye popping smiley

"Life was so beautiful

sad smiley

I fully agree. But here is some reality: on July 10 we joined a birthday party of one of our grandchildren. We learn only days later that our son and his wife had caught corona (that same day !?!). Their children didn't. Luckily, I can say nine days later, that my wife and I are also still clean. Where did it come from?
My son joined me in Amsterdam in the 7th. Could this Omicron develop in just 3 days? (His wife, not at the concert, also got in on the 10th). Other relatives were also clean. Mystery. Anyway, caution is still very important ... confused smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 21:13

My overall impression after seeing HP1 and Brussels is how much the band are enjoying themselves on stage - a delight to behold for us all.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 16, 2022 22:26

I need to hear Keith do the Can't you hear me Knocking one more time. That would be the dealbreaker you can't go to such an expensive concert only for hearing the HTW intro

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: July 17, 2022 00:14

Nikkei
you can't go to such an expensive concert only for hearing the HTW intro

I can - very very happily. smiling smiley
syrel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-17 00:15 by syrel.

Posted by: wolundamo ()
Date: July 17, 2022 17:39

I'd love to have professionally filmed videos of this tour or a documentary about no filter...or both :-)

Date: July 17, 2022 21:28

wolundamo
I'd love to have professionally filmed videos of this tour or a documentary about no filter...or both :-)

Hoping for a No Filter film release when they still used the giant superior screen towers - those were a sight to behold, and sadly missed this tour.
And specifically covering 2017-2019 when Charlie was still alive....maybe even focusing solely on his last show which was in Miami, August, 2019.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 17, 2022 21:35

wolundamo

I don't think they did properly shoot any of the shows so far for a full release. I hope they decide to do this for Waldbühne. What I think is strange that they didn't release a stadium concert since Twickenham 2003. I think stadiums are most interesting for filming.

Date: July 17, 2022 22:00

georgie48
Hairball
georgie48
RisingStone

eye popping smiley

"Life was so beautiful

sad smiley

I fully agree. But here is some reality: on July 10 we joined a birthday party of one of our grandchildren. We learn only days later that our son and his wife had caught corona (that same day !?!). Their children didn't. Luckily, I can say nine days later, that my wife and I are also still clean. Where did it come from?
My son joined me in Amsterdam in the 7th. Could this Omicron develop in just 3 days? (His wife, not at the concert, also got in on the 10th). Other relatives were also clean. Mystery. Anyway, caution is still very important ... confused smiley

Stay safe georgie. Things are starting to get out of control again here in the States, and evidently Europe is already in the thick of it.

From Bloomberg.com:

Europe Can’t Shake Off Covid as Variant Fuels Summer Spike
New wave of cases is being driven by omicron subvariant BA.5

"It was supposed to be a post-Covid-19 summer in Europe. Masks are gone in most places, and vacation season is in full swing as workers rush
for the beaches and cities they missed in the two years marked by the pandemic. But instead, the reality confronting people is that the virus never went away".

Full story. > COVID

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-17 22:03 by Hairball.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 17, 2022 23:21

I see more and more masks every day on my travels in Europe on tour now, but still 95% do not care, so the BA.5 will be many places this month. They say the wave will be peaking now any day.

Bjornulf

Date: July 18, 2022 00:16

Hairball
wolundamo

Hoping for a No Filter film release when they still used the giant superior screen towers - those were a sight to behold, and sadly missed this tour.
And specifically covering 2017-2019 when Charlie was still alive....maybe even focusing solely on his last show which was in Miami, August, 2019.

That's been done so it will be released at some point

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 18, 2022 00:38

Yes the Miami 2019 show could be a very interesting and dramatic video.
1. The show was moved up by a day so to avoid the approaching hurricane. This
decision was made with little advance notice - so it was a tense situation
for many fans and crew members.

2. The first rains hit durning the last one or two songs. A downpour during
Satisfaction - but it didn’t slow down the band.

3. Unfortunately… this was Charlie’s last show.

Date: July 18, 2022 00:41

swimtothemoon

I know what you mean the hurricane thing was something experienced by everyone following along online but I'm pretty sure that a 2018 show will be released, probably Paris

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 18, 2022 00:47

Yes Paris would be good since the Stones played three shows in the new arena.
Each show had a slightly different setlist.

Date: July 18, 2022 00:47

swimtothemoon

A great way to pay tribute to Charlie by releasing this show, and they can add in news clips at the beginning covering all the tension leading up to it.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 18, 2022 01:16

Guys, no show on the No Filter tour was professionally filmed. In 2022 I highly doubt they will release a show that just shows the material from the video screens. People have high expectations from concert films these days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-18 01:17 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 18, 2022 02:07

StonedRambler
Guys, no show on the No Filter tour was professionally filmed. In 2022 I highly doubt they will release a show that just shows the material from the video screens. People have high expectations from concert films these days.

Thanks. I didn't think any were filmed.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 18, 2022 06:46

bv
UK is not in EU anymore. Norway is part of EEA (European Economic Area), an economical extention of EU. I have had no problems flying into Amsterdam, London, Madrid, Milan, Munich and so on this summer, but on my British Airways flight from London to Amsterdam, I had to supply all sorts of vaccination papers. It was a pain, and I could not check in online, had to go to the Heathrow airport desk to check in.

It is not a big secret there is a major new Omicron Wave with the variants BA4 / BA5 in Europe these days. If you read the news then you will see that the wave is peaking in many countries.

Having boosters or even so called immunity has zero influence on people not getting it.

How bizarre. And yet how normal. How it influences the future, of course, a mystery. And beyond 4 and 5...

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: July 18, 2022 07:37

GasLightStreet

It is not a big secret there is a major new Omicron Wave with the variants BA4 / BA5 in Europe these days. If you read the news then you will see that the wave is peaking in many countries.

Having boosters or even so called immunity has zero influence on people not getting it. [/quote]

confused smiley

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 18, 2022 09:55

bv
I see more and more masks every day on my travels in Europe on tour now, but still 95% do not care, so the BA.5 will be many places this month. They say the wave will be peaking now any day.

Well I told…how many times must I repeat it?

I was on my solo “gig trip” for a fortnight recently:

Elvis Costello (Ipswich, 22/06)>Marisa Monte (London, 23/06)>The Rolling Stones (London, 25/06)>Rammstein (Coventry, 26/06)>St. Vincent (Edinburgh, 28/06)>Love featuring Johnny Echols (Glasgow, 01/07)>The Rolling Stones (London, 03/07)>Pearl Jam (London, 08/07)

I was armed with N95 and also N99 masks. I wore either of these whenever at the gigs as well as on the public transport. I never had a meal at an indoor restaurant (had a dinner in the outside portion of a restaurant a couple of times and a lunch once). I never went to a cafe or a pub. During this period, I checked myself with LFT six times, and three times afterwards.

The result: as of yesterday, 17 July, I tested negative.

Tomorrow never knows, though.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 18, 2022 10:43

I don't want any political oriented covid discussion here. I just want to remind people about the following facts:

- There is currently a major Omicron BA.5 wave in Europe
- Friends and fans I know did not make it to shows because they got Covid recently
- Being smart makes life easier

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738Next
Current Page: 35 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1219
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home