Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738Next
Current Page: 34 of 38
Re: The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 23, 2022 13:16

What? Just heard about the new, added show. Sounds great.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-24 05:28 by angee.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 24, 2022 00:26

Has any reason been given regarding Sasha's absence in Milan?
If not, seems odd that they haven't issued a statement on why she wasn't at the show and/or if she will be at the upcoming shows.
The new gal Chanel did great on Gimme Shelter no doubt, and the Ghost Hound b/up singers were OK, but Sasha has been part of the team for quite a few years now...
Whatever the case, hope she's doing well, and that she'll make a grand return to her place in the Stones camp soon.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 24, 2022 00:36

She's probably quarantining and since the reason a show got cancelled was due to Mick and not her she gets to keep it private.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 24, 2022 00:47

Nikkei
She's probably quarantining and since the reason a show got cancelled was due to Mick and not her she gets to keep it private.
Yeah, what's weird though is that she's totally quite on social media. Normally she's super active, posting several stories per day. Hope she is okay.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 24, 2022 18:27

EXCLUSIVE: The Rolling Stones' backstage secrets: Dressing rooms littered with skeletons and art supplies, Jagger's intense warm up routine and last minute setlist changes

By Joanna Crawley
24 June 2022

Corbis via Getty Images

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: June 24, 2022 18:40

Wonder if Charlie’s granddaughter still goes on tour with them?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 24, 2022 22:46

Link to the "Talk Is Jericho" podcast mentioned in the Daily Mail article above.

Heather “Foster” Kjollesda has worked with Metallica and the Stones for 20+ years. A good listen, including a very nice remembrance of Charlie.

Backstage with Metallica & The Rolling Stones

[talk-is-jericho.simplecast.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 25, 2022 03:56

I am a bit surprised that no hits compilation has come out.

Has someone finally figured out they're obsolete as a new product?

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: June 25, 2022 12:17

Speaking of Ronnie, I also couldn’t help but notice that he’s aged considerably and it’s the first tour where I notice it having effects on him: less smiling, less gesturing - he was like a happy bouncy kitten, but more of a stray cat now. Hope he’s not feeling too bad and he’s still enjoying himself overall.

Date: June 29, 2022 04:28

LorenzAgain
Speaking of Ronnie, I also couldn’t help but notice that he’s aged considerably and it’s the first tour where I notice it having effects on him: less smiling, less gesturing - he was like a happy bouncy kitten, but more of a stray cat now. Hope he’s not feeling too bad and he’s still enjoying himself overall.

I noticed as well, though considering everything he's been through, he seems to be looking and doing alright. He might not be Ronnie the clown of old, but he still has his moments of cheerfulness.
And unlike Mick, luckily Ronnie hasn't contacted Covid! There were some recent pics of him going around maskless which seemed a bit alarming considering "the bubble" they've supposedly been touring inside.
And whereas Mick seemed to recover rather quickly as seen at Hyde Park, not sure Ronnie would fare so well. With several IORR members testing positive recently, and a new wave spreading across the UK,
hoping everyone continues to stay safe, and that the tour will proceed without any further postponements, cancellations, illnesses, etc. From the Independent: > "...5th Wave - back with a vengeance..."

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 6, 2022 18:27

LorenzAgain

time to play Stay Cat Blues…

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 8, 2022 03:59

A real question about vaccination status for travel from Vienna/Austria (listed as an Orange country) to France -- I realize this is a touchy subject, there are NO politics in my question, I would like to know if anyone knows the answer:

I was studying travel rules to France from Austria as I will be trying to attend Lyon after Vienna, and found this statement: "Booster required LESS than 9 months after 2nd initial dose." Does anyone with knowledge know if this still holds true? If you received a booster after 9 months are you out of luck?

Real answers only please! And thank you. (You may PM/email me if BV prefers not to have this discussion on here)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-08 04:00 by snoopy2.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: July 8, 2022 05:43

snoopy2
A real question about vaccination status for travel from Vienna/Austria (listed as an Orange country) to France -- I realize this is a touchy subject, there are NO politics in my question, I would like to know if anyone knows the answer:

I was studying travel rules to France from Austria as I will be trying to attend Lyon after Vienna, and found this statement: "Booster required LESS than 9 months after 2nd initial dose." Does anyone with knowledge know if this still holds true? If you received a booster after 9 months are you out of luck?

Real answers only please! And thank you. (You may PM/email me if BV prefers not to have this discussion on here)

After Hyde Park1, I had a short trip to Paris from London without a booster. My last(2nd, so far) shot date is December 10th. I showed my vaccination record at St Pancras station.

And whenever you got a booster, it must be OK for entering France.
I referred this URL to enter France.

[www.gov.uk]
If you have received a booster, you are considered fully vaccinated for entry into France. There is currently no expiry date for booster jabs. If you are aged 18 and over and have not received a booster, but have received two doses of a vaccine approved for use by France, then no more than 9 months must have passed since your second dose, to qualify as fully vaccinated.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 8, 2022 07:53

a bigger nut
snoopy2

After Hyde Park1, I had a short trip to Paris from London without a booster. My last(2nd, so far) shot date is December 10th. I showed my vaccination record at St Pancras station.

And whenever you got a booster, it must be OK for entering France.
I referred this URL to enter France.

[www.gov.uk]
If you have received a booster, you are considered fully vaccinated for entry into France. There is currently no expiry date for booster jabs. If you are aged 18 and over and have not received a booster, but have received two doses of a vaccine approved for use by France, then no more than 9 months must have passed since your second dose, to qualify as fully vaccinated.

That last bit makes sense, thank you. I'm thinking it was a translation issue on the page I was on since the "9 months" bit was the same but referred to time between 2nd shot and booster.

I'm not worried as much after reading that, we shall see , appreciate it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-08 07:55 by snoopy2.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: July 8, 2022 23:10

I will go back my home Tokyo by tomorrow's flight.
Enjoy Vienna and Lyon. And safe trip.

Hoping for Stones 2023 Asia-Pacific tour.grinning smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 9, 2022 12:50

UK is not in EU anymore. Norway is part of EEA (European Economic Area), an economical extention of EU. I have had no problems flying into Amsterdam, London, Madrid, Milan, Munich and so on this summer, but on my British Airways flight from London to Amsterdam, I had to supply all sorts of vaccination papers. It was a pain, and I could not check in online, had to go to the Heathrow airport desk to check in.

It is not a big secret there is a major new Omicron Wave with the variants BA4 / BA5 in Europe these days. If you read the news then you will see that the wave is peaking in many countries.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 9, 2022 12:57

A question about the number of spectators indicated in the IORR tour schedule:
e.g. Madrid 50.000 - the papers wrote 45.000 were attending the show.
Gelsenkirchen 40.000 - the concert agency FKP Scorpio wrote that 64.000 were attending one Ed Sheeran show this week at this arena (his stage was in the middle of the field).
What are the "real" numbers of fans?

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 9, 2022 14:08

Hairball
LorenzAgain

I noticed as well, though considering everything he's been through, he seems to be looking and doing alright. He might not be Ronnie the clown of old, but he still has his moments of cheerfulness.
And unlike Mick, luckily Ronnie hasn't contacted Covid! There were some recent pics of him going around maskless which seemed a bit alarming considering "the bubble" they've supposedly been touring inside.
And whereas Mick seemed to recover rather quickly as seen at Hyde Park, not sure Ronnie would fare so well. With several IORR members testing positive recently, and a new wave spreading across the UK,
hoping everyone continues to stay safe, and that the tour will proceed without any further postponements, cancellations, illnesses, etc. From the Independent: > "...5th Wave - back with a vengeance..."

Hi Hairball,

With Liverpool, Hyde Park and Amsterdam in my pocket I can assure you that Sasha was there all the time and performed (with Mick) in great fashion and with great passion.
It wouldn't surprise me that she was tested positive just before Milan and singing so close to Mick, she may have infected him. But it could just as easily have been someone else. I saw the photo of Mick presenting a guitar to some (aparently well know guy, smiling a big smile) in Liverpool. No masks there, so ... ?
I had noticed that Ronnie has been masking himself (almost) all of the time, which he should, based on his cancer history (medication weakens the body).

The "new" Omicron has found its way around pretty well these days, but the general resistance of people's bodies has very much increased over the past two years, so even the latest wave is only a small wave compared with those in 2020 and 2021. Add the fact that the stadium and park concerts are sort of open air concerts and I learned from virologists that spreading of any virus is pretty limited in open air (unless you hug or kiss or don't wash your hands, etc.).
Obviously Mick was a bit shocked getting corona, but his "covid spreading event" remark in Hyde Park was merely based on that than on reality, I think.

cool smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: July 9, 2022 16:34

MAF
A question about the number of spectators indicated in the IORR tour schedule:
e.g. Madrid 50.000 - the papers wrote 45.000 were attending the show.
Gelsenkirchen 40.000 - the concert agency FKP Scorpio wrote that 64.000 were attending one Ed Sheeran show this week at this arena (his stage was in the middle of the field).
What are the "real" numbers of fans?

It all depends on stage setup, how sections are organized, and what "official" sales are vs the real sales. Some times I experience oversold sections. My venue capacity estimates are done BEFORE the show is on, based on venue and experience. Then often official sources like Billboard or Pollstar will publish official numbers. That is the taxman numbers.

Please be aware of the fact that everything is not by the book, even if we want to think so. Some times fields are simply oversold. Still, the rough estimates on the IORR Tour dates list should be quite accurate within 10% to 15%, which means you do get the size roughly.

PS. Hyde Park was packed so hard, really overpacked, I wonder where was the London Fire Brigade management?

Bjornulf

Date: July 9, 2022 16:50

Paris 100.000? Wow. Read somewhere else it would be 50k

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: July 9, 2022 16:53

An AXS employee told us Hyde park 2 was oversold by 5k. Stones had 30k more fans in than Adele on her 2nd night

Date: July 9, 2022 21:38

georgie48
It wouldn't surprise me that she was tested positive just before Milan and singing so close to Mick, she may have infected him.

Hi georgie. I think it was probably the other way around with Mick infecting Sasha. After all, Mick contacted Covid first resulting in the Amsterdam show postponement on June 14.
Milan went ahead as scheduled a week later on June 21st, yet Sasha was nowhere to be seen. But it's all speculation - we don't even know exactly what sidelined Sasha as there was never a statement or reason given.
It could have been something else altogether, but it would have been a respectful move from the band to at least say something like "due to unforeseen circumstances.." - instead they simply replaced her with no comment.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 9, 2022 23:01

Only thing odder than expecting some kind of announcement re Sasha's status, would have been if they actually did one.

Date: July 9, 2022 23:33

bv
UK is not in EU anymore. Norway is part of EEA (European Economic Area), an economical extention of EU. I have had no problems flying into Amsterdam, London, Madrid, Milan, Munich and so on this summer, but on my British Airways flight from London to Amsterdam, I had to supply all sorts of vaccination papers. It was a pain, and I could not check in online, had to go to the Heathrow airport desk to check in.

It is not a big secret there is a major new Omicron Wave with the variants BA4 / BA5 in Europe these days. If you read the news then you will see that the wave is peaking in many countries.

Stay safe Bjornulf and everyone else! Many IORR members have already contacted Covid resulting in them missing shows not to mention the varying levels of symptoms - some worse than others. With seven shows of the mini-tour still to go, hope no one else has to go through the same. And then there was Mick getting sick resulting in a postponement of one show, and the cancellation of another - thankfully he recovered quickly, but so many of the fans' plans went up in smoke after so much invested time and money. Of all people, never thought Mick would let his guard down. Here in Southern California, cases are again on the rise gaining momentum on a daily basis, and it's being said that Los Angeles will once again implement mask requirements. What happens in L.A. tends to spread elsewhere, so just a matter of time before masks might be required everywhere again.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 10, 2022 10:16

I wondered how Mick could recover so quickly and could be performing again just 8 days after testing positive, but then I tested positive two days aftr HP2 (missed the Amsterdam show) but luckily had no symptoms and tested negative as of yesterday, so I am ready for Bruxelles.

Back in March when I bought tickets I knew it was a gamble regarding possible Covid infections and I did not waste any energy in being angry about the cancelled Amsterdam show or me missing the rescheduled date.

But honestly, I did not expect the number of Covid cases being this high at this time of the year. So good luck to every one of you regarding "your" tour dates and plans.

Regarding HP2: I never experienced BST so packed! And I never thought the "Diamond pit area" could/would be as big as it was. They probably adjusted the size of the different areas to the number of tickets sold for each sector, not the other way around.

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: July 11, 2022 10:48

I was at the Munich show beginning of June and my friend contracted SARS COV2. Then I myself tested positive a few days after HP 1 (I was at Diamond PIT area), and just got out of quarantaine at home in Austria today, luckily with only moderate symptoms during the infection. I thought I might be safer as the concert was outside, but of course that was wishful thinking.
Here in Austria, in Vienna, everybody still has to wear a mask on public transport, wheras in UK I sometimes almost felt like an alien to put on a mask. Luckily, my next concert is Vienna, so inspite of everything I did not miss any shows I inteded to go to so far.

I am vaccinated three times, but at this point, I don´t know anybody among my friends who did NOT contract the virus by now one way or the other. I work at a hospital as a nurse where masks are required all day long and I knew that without masks, a summer wave will rush through anyway.
I was aware of the risks I take attending the concerts, so I am not complaining. Lets hope the tour continues as planned, fingers crossed everybody will be able to get to their shows as planned !!
If you know you are vulnerable, do take precautions but don´t let anything spoil your love of this great music.

It´s Only Rock´n´Roll but Vienna likes it!

Date: July 11, 2022 12:20

Omicron sub-variants push up Covid hospitalisations in Europe and US (Financial Times)

The number of new Covid admissions has grown by 40 per cent in the last week in France, 34 per cent in England and more than 20 per cent in several other European countries. The wave has been fuelled by the BA.5 Omicron sub-variant.

Bjornulf

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 11, 2022 17:18

Consider wearing a face mask, folks, when you are at a “super-spreader covid event” (Mick Jagger).

Date: July 11, 2022 23:03

bv
Omicron sub-variants push up Covid hospitalisations in Europe and US (Financial Times)

The number of new Covid admissions has grown by 40 per cent in the last week in France, 34 per cent in England and more than 20 per cent in several other European countries. The wave has been fuelled by the BA.5 Omicron sub-variant.

And in the news today, there's yet another new variant causing concerns - the BA.2.75.

New coronavirus mutant raises concerns in India and beyond
"BA.2.75 is another reminder that the coronavirus is continually evolving – and spreading".

COVID

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 12, 2022 11:07

RisingStone
Consider wearing a face mask, folks, when you are at a “super-spreader covid event” (Mick Jagger).

Yep. And don't hug, kiss, etc. and wash your hands or ... put on a Rolling Stones record. "Living In A Ghost Town" may become reality again confused smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738Next
Current Page: 34 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home