Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 38
Re: The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 27, 2022 18:21

With you guys on that one. Can't help but think somebody's missing.

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: May 27, 2022 18:54

Really hits home then you see there are only 2 of the original 6 (inc Stu) left..............

Date: May 27, 2022 20:31

Arrival in Madrid video here:

[www.msn.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-27 20:32 by georgemcdonnell314.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 27, 2022 21:46

jigsaw69
jahisnotdead
Seeing only three of them exit the plane looks so strange to me.

Completely agree......sad smiley

It's even stranger when you see only the three of them on stage surrounded by side musicians, backup vocalists, and replacements...

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: May 27, 2022 22:06

but its still a great live event! looking forward to opening night, the excitement is building up every day now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-27 22:08 by bauk77.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 28, 2022 14:27

Hairball
jigsaw69
jahisnotdead
Seeing only three of them exit the plane looks so strange to me.

Completely agree......sad smiley

It's even stranger when you see only the three of them on stage surrounded by side musicians, backup vocalists, and replacements...

the reason I thought they could stop before the us tour and maybe concentrate with a last album with Charlie's recordings on. But many, I would say most here, thought and/or did differently and went to the shows

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 28, 2022 15:54

Exclusive: Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood says band going on tour is what Charlie would have wanted

The Rolling Stones have touched down in Spain to begin their first European tour since Charlie died aged 80 last August

By Mark Jefferies
27 May 2022

Reuters

The Rolling Stones tour will be a gas, gas, gas thanks to late drummer Charlie Watts ’ spirit, says Ronnie Wood.

The band have touched down in Spain to begin their first European tour since Charlie died aged 80 last August.

Ronnie insists Watts would have wanted the band to continue so they decided to bring in Steve Jordan on drums.

The guitarist said: “We were lucky enough to have his blessing to start rehearsals without him, with Steve Jordan, and we did it with a very strange feeling.

“What was going to happen when Charlie was gone? But despite the uncertainty and sadness we keep going. It is what he would have wanted, the Rolling Stones do not stop.

“And oddly enough, even if it’s almost magic, I can tell you the band now has an extra boost. It’s Charlie’s energy... Charlie lives.”

Ronnie, 74, hopes the tour with 78-year-olds Mick Jagger and Keith Richards will allow fans to forget about the troubles of the world for a night.

Reflecting on their longevity, he said: “Sometimes not even the Stones themselves believe they have been fighting for 60 years.

“It’s incredible that all this continues with such energy, and that the public continues to fill stadiums, screaming, dancing and asking for more from this gang of almost octogenarians.

“This world sucks sometimes, with all this going on... I’d like to think that we started this tour to make people forget for a couple of hours about the problems that overwhelm us so much.”

The band’s European tour kicks off next week in Madrid before heading to Munich.

The Stones will play several gigs around the UK this summer including one at Liverpool FC’s Anfield stadium on June 9.

They will also appear at the BST Hyde Park festival on June 26 and July 3, 60 years after their first ever gig at London’s legendary Marquee Club.

Ronnie thinks if the band was up-and-coming now it would be harder to break through than when they began in the 1960s.

He explained: “I don’t know if today would be that easy with so much political correctness. I think we had it easier than it is now for the new bands.

“We lived in a world of musical references, of young people wanting to provoke and break the establishment. We had live music programmes on the radio and on TV.

“Now a new group has it complicated. Either you get millions of followers on a platform or you don’t have a place where someone sees you.”

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 28, 2022 16:45

bye bye johnny

Exclusive: Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood says band going on tour is what Charlie would have wanted

Not so "exclusive" - it's almost the same wording as Ronnie's interview in the Spanish edition of the Esquire (June 2022) - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 28, 2022 16:49

that arrival in Spain was as if the Queen(s) of England arrived.

Date: May 28, 2022 17:39

Irix
bye bye johnny

Not so "exclusive" - it's almost the same wording as Ronnie's interview in the Spanish edition of the Esquire (June 2022) - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

I guess this is why they call it the Daily Mirror!

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: May 28, 2022 22:30

bye bye johnny

The Rolling Stones have touched down in Spain to begin their first European tour since Charlie died aged 80 last August

By Mark Jefferies
27 May 2022

Reuters

The Rolling Stones tour will be a gas, gas, gas thanks to late drummer Charlie Watts ’ spirit, says Ronnie Wood.

The band have touched down in Spain to begin their first European tour since Charlie died aged 80 last August.

Ronnie insists Watts would have wanted the band to continue so they decided to bring in Steve Jordan on drums.

The guitarist said: “We were lucky enough to have his blessing to start rehearsals without him, with Steve Jordan, and we did it with a very strange feeling.

“What was going to happen when Charlie was gone? But despite the uncertainty and sadness we keep going. It is what he would have wanted, the Rolling Stones do not stop.

“And oddly enough, even if it’s almost magic, I can tell you the band now has an extra boost. It’s Charlie’s energy... Charlie lives.”

Ronnie, 74, hopes the tour with 78-year-olds Mick Jagger and Keith Richards will allow fans to forget about the troubles of the world for a night.

Reflecting on their longevity, he said: “Sometimes not even the Stones themselves believe they have been fighting for 60 years.

“It’s incredible that all this continues with such energy, and that the public continues to fill stadiums, screaming, dancing and asking for more from this gang of almost octogenarians.

“This world sucks sometimes, with all this going on... I’d like to think that we started this tour to make people forget for a couple of hours about the problems that overwhelm us so much.”

The band’s European tour kicks off next week in Madrid before heading to Munich.

The Stones will play several gigs around the UK this summer including one at Liverpool FC’s Anfield stadium on June 9.

They will also appear at the BST Hyde Park festival on June 26 and July 3, 60 years after their first ever gig at London’s legendary Marquee Club.

Ronnie thinks if the band was up-and-coming now it would be harder to break through than when they began in the 1960s.

He explained: “I don’t know if today would be that easy with so much political correctness. I think we had it easier than it is now for the new bands.

“We lived in a world of musical references, of young people wanting to provoke and break the establishment. We had live music programmes on the radio and on TV.

“Now a new group has it complicated. Either you get millions of followers on a platform or you don’t have a place where someone sees you.”

[www.mirror.co.uk]
Getting excited here!!!

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 29, 2022 00:08

I am soo excited for this tour. After not having been to any big concerts for the past two years for the first time since the late 80s I am eager to be part of a huge crowd again and to be with you all again.
Also it will be very emotional because of Charlies passing. I will celebrate his life and contributions to the Stones'music at those four shows I have tickets for.

I have a feeling that I've never been so excited before a tour before - what about you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-29 00:11 by Papo.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: May 29, 2022 00:49

The plane is due in to Manchester Airport on 7 June from Munich and leaving on 11 June. Source: AlphaFive on Facebook

07JUN22 Aeronexus B763 ZS-NEX A1655
D1600 11JUN22 Rolling Stones

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: May 29, 2022 16:31

Their planes just landed in Liverpool from Paris. Suspect it was hired out last night for the final

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: May 29, 2022 22:17

Our beloved Iorr's friend Jordi Güell interviewed by LaSexta television and broadcasted minutes ago about the passion that one feels for the Stones, friends, experiences and the Stones way of life. Watch the video [fb.watch]

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: May 29, 2022 22:38

Sympathy for the Devil in Madrid…

The Stones are in town! Countdown to the first show is on!

[twitter.com]

Date: May 29, 2022 22:39

Date: May 29, 2022 22:40

Date: May 29, 2022 22:43

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2022 00:15

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Cotton Club is sorely missed ....

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: May 30, 2022 18:43

So, finaly I will go to Munich.
I just bought the train tickets and the concert ticket is on its way.
My wife is wonderfull. She stays with our kids and doesn't get angry about the money, though we don't have much.
My boss even gives an extra free day. And an old friend has a place to sleep for me.
Since 1982 I went to every tour and 25 shows. Not to be able to go would have been sad.
Now I feel like 19 again, when I bought the 1982 tickets.
It's my second Stones show in Munich. 1982 it was raining but I didn't care about it too much.
I'm excited!!

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 30, 2022 18:51

Congrats, Micha! Enjoy your trip and the show. Seems you have a great partner in your wife!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 30, 2022 20:26

georgemcdonnell314
Arrival in Madrid video here:

[www.msn.com]

I'm impressed with how well Keith navigated the gap at the top of the stairs in contrast to Ronnie haha.

Thanks for posting thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-31 18:36 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: May 30, 2022 21:29

Papo
Congrats, Micha! Enjoy your trip and the show. Seems you have a great partner in your wife!

Oh yes! She is the most wonderfull person, I met in my life!

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: May 30, 2022 21:50

micha063
My wife is wonderfull. She stays with our kids and doesn't get angry about the money, though we don't have much.
My boss even gives an extra free day. And an old friend has a place to sleep for me.
Since 1982 I went to every tour and 25 shows. Not to be able to go would have been sad.
It's my second Stones show in Munich. 1982 it was raining but I didn't care about it too much.
I'm excited!!

hot smiley

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 31, 2022 06:44

Domonkos
micha063
I'm excited!!

hot smiley

Congrats Michael! thumbs up
Enjoy as much as you can! smileys with beer

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: May 31, 2022 14:30

Mick's jacket/ensemble is the bomb coming off the plane in Madrid! I think you are all going to be in a real treat with this tour and feel like they are in a much better place now...having had time to grieve and deal with the shock, and being more comfortable with Steve playing. Have a blast everyone!!!!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 31, 2022 15:35

Almost ready for blastoff, and great to see things moving forward considering all the weird vibes due to the still lingering coronavirus, raging wars, and the absence of Charlie among other things...
It's like a fantasy land where all the worlds troubles are pushed aside momentarily...reminds me of the old Dobie Gray hit "give me the beat boys to free my soul I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away..."thumbs up

Date: May 31, 2022 16:08

That's the spirit!

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: May 31, 2022 16:15

Are we expecting them to take the stage around 10 pm?

I hope everyone has a safe trip and a fantastic show tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to following it here and watching clips online.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home