Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 38
Re: The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 18, 2022 22:33

NilsHolgersson
Topi
Yes, six. Munich, Amsterdam, Hyde Park 1-2, Paris and Stockholm.
You must be broke by now

Hey, you can always make more money! There's always another paycheck. But once the Stones are done, that's it - no money in the world can bring them back.

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: May 18, 2022 22:44

Wise words Topi

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 19, 2022 01:53

Topi
NilsHolgersson
Topi
You must be broke by now

Hey, you can always make more money! There's always another paycheck. But once the Stones are done, that's it - no money in the world can bring them back.

We agree. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed for anyone. Some of my biggest lifetime regrets were not going to particular shows and then never having the chance again. I could have seen Bob Marley's second to last show but we decided to go next time. Next time still hasn't happened.

I am doing Hyppe Park 1 and 2 and Brussels.

Posted by: adamw3405 ()
Date: May 19, 2022 11:16

Totally agree Topi - I'm doing 9 shows on the tour. Friends think I'm crazy but its amazing how man of them want to come to a show! :-)

Posted by: RockNStonesBR ()
Date: May 19, 2022 15:43

Topi
NilsHolgersson
Topi
You must be broke by now

Right to the point! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I'm counting the days to Madrid, Amsterdam and Vienna. smileys with beer
And dreaming of a last time in South America..

Posted by: wolundamo ()
Date: May 19, 2022 15:58

See you in Madrid and Vienna!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: May 20, 2022 14:52

daspyknows
Topi
NilsHolgersson
Topi
You must be broke by now

We agree. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed for anyone. Some of my biggest lifetime regrets were not going to particular shows and then never having the chance again. I could have seen Bob Marley's second to last show but we decided to go next time. Next time still hasn't happened.

God yes! Wanted to see Bowie in 1973 but no one wanted to come with me ...school night blah blah blah. Was 30 years before I saw him!

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: May 21, 2022 11:13

daspyknows
Topi
NilsHolgersson
Topi
You must be broke by now

I am still mad at myself for not going to see Ronnie and Tottas Bluesband in Oslo in 1988. Tickets were 3 times normal price, and this was only "the new guy" and " a Swedish Blues Band".
I also considered travelling to London to see Tom Petty in Hyde park in 2017, but flights was very expensive, so I thought next time....

You only regrets the concerts you did not go to, so see them while you can

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2022 12:54

You can regret all sorts of things even about concerts you did see. I remember in 2010 as a birthday gift for my dad I got two tickets to see The Wall in Hamburg. Waters did two shows of which we had tickets to the first one. We didn't find out about that until the next day. I urged my dad to go there anyway so we did a real fast trip and of course they had mercy and let us in. Goodbye Blue Sky had just ended. I should be happy about it but having not seen the part with the kids still nags at me

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 22, 2022 04:31

“Yeah, so I don’t get it, I mean, it’s not really The Rolling Stones anymore”

Not sure what that even means. Frankly, I could give a shit what they call themselves. With all due respect to Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman, Ian Stewart, Brian Jones and Bobby Keys — The Rolling Stones are Mick & Keith. Just like when push comes to shove The Who is Pete & Roger, Zeppelin is Page & Plant, and The Beatles are Lennon & McCartney.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 22, 2022 05:15

mnewman505

Not sure what that even means. Frankly, I could give a shit what they call themselves. With all due respect to Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman, Ian Stewart, Brian Jones and Bobby Keys — The Rolling Stones are Mick & Keith. Just like when push comes to shove The Who is Pete & Roger, Zeppelin is Page & Plant, and The Beatles are Lennon & McCartney.

ok i'm not usually one that jumps on this band wagon

but you forgot to give due respect to charlie

and i agree with you that they are still the rolling stones

but the stones are way more then just 2 people

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-22 05:18 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 22, 2022 22:33

Of course Charlie Watts was an integral part of the band. He has been the backbone of the rhythm section for 59 years. However - to the broad public mainly Keith and Mick are the well-known band members. If you would ask people on the street to name the members of the Rollong Stones most of them could probably just name those two. So as long as they are alive it works to go on tour as "The Rolling Stones". Without that name they would not be able to fill stadiums and thay's why they won't drop it.

Date: May 22, 2022 22:36

I repeat I can only say it for Germany but everyone knows who Charlie Watts is.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 22, 2022 22:59

Nikkei

I don't you'd have that kind of name recognition in North America.

And people under the age of 30, except my kids, fagettaboutit!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 23, 2022 04:22

treaclefingers
Nikkei

I don't you'd have that kind of name recognition in North America.

And people under the age of 30, except my kids, fagettaboutit!

I have the sense that many people in the US know that the drummer for The Rolling Stones died,
even if they don't know his name.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 23, 2022 08:43

I meant before, it doesn't count in that way

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 24, 2022 09:40

mnewman505
Frankly, I could give a shit what they call themselves.

…surely you couldn’t give a shit then

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: May 24, 2022 11:28

ProfessorWolf
mnewman505

ok i'm not usually one that jumps on this band wagon

but you forgot to give due respect to charlie

and i agree with you that they are still the rolling stones

but the stones are way more then just 2 people

Completely agree

....does El Mocambo not prove that the Stones were always more than just Mick n Keef....

You need all the v v finest of ingredients of Charlie n Bill together with Ronnie/Mick T/Brian and sometimes a sprinkling of Stu/Bobby/Billy/Nicky etc, to give us that magical mystic soup that we love called The Rolling Stones

Date: May 24, 2022 12:27

jigsaw69
You need all the v v finest of ingredients of Charlie n Bill together with Ronnie/Mick T/Brian and sometimes a sprinkling of Stu/Bobby/Billy/Nicky etc, to give us that magical mystic soup that we love called The Rolling Stones
These slashes make those people seem a bit interchangeable though.
Could as well say the Rolling Stones are the finest ingredients of Charlie/Steve with Bill/Darryl together with Ronnie/Mick T/Brian and sometimes a sprinkling of Stu/Bobby/Billy/Nicky/Chuck/Matt. Then indeed the only two that remain are Mick and Keith. Without disrespect to Charlie or Bill...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-24 12:27 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: May 24, 2022 12:50

StonedRambler
jigsaw69
Could as well say the Rolling Stones are the finest ingredients of Charlie/Steve with Bill/Darryl together with Ronnie/Mick T/Brian and sometimes a sprinkling of Stu/Bobby/Billy/Nicky/Chuck/Matt. Then indeed the only two that remain are Mick and Keith. Without disrespect to Charlie or Bill...

Weren't meant to seem interchangeable.

The note was merely to highlight The Stones with just Keef n Mick and some random others, would never have sounded the same....

The sound from El Mocambo clearly shows why Keef n Mick needed all the others and why we love The Stones

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 24, 2022 13:13

I had expected to read reports from the rehearsals.

Date: May 24, 2022 13:16

jigsaw69
StonedRambler
jigsaw69

Weren't meant to seem interchangeable.

The note was merely to highlight The Stones with just Keef n Mick and some random others, would never have sounded the same....

The sound from El Mocambo clearly shows why Keef n Mick needed all the others and why we love The Stones
Know what you mean. And I have to agree that for example Exile would not even remotely as good if it hadn't Nicky Hopkins and Bobby Keys/Jim Price on it. Without them it would just be a simple rock album. The Stones always knew how to surround themselves with the right people who pushed them to a higher level.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 24, 2022 13:18

noughties

Who should write a report when they're rehearsing in a big complex where you can't hear anything outside?

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 24, 2022 13:33

hockenheim95
noughties

Who should write a report when they're rehearsing in a big complex where you can't hear anything outside?

Thank you. That figures. It comes to mind.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 24, 2022 18:48

Anything known about pop-up stores on this tour?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-24 19:36 by MAF.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: May 24, 2022 19:12

Topi
NilsHolgersson
Topi
You must be broke by now

See you soon.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 25, 2022 13:59

Apparently, ZS-NEX just departed Stansted. Wonder if they still use that aircraft.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-25 14:01 by Topi.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: May 25, 2022 14:11

ZS-NEX (Boeing 767-300ER, opt by Aeronexus) on its way from STN to AMS. Fun fact - this is an ex-LOT Polish Airlines aircraft that I have flown on multiple times from 1990s until 2013 between Poland and the US. Of course it has went through a complete retrofit a few years ago and is now available in luxurious configuration.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 25, 2022 15:00

wickerman

ZS-NEX (Boeing 767-300ER, opt by Aeronexus) on its way from STN to AMS.

And if it's on the way from AMS to MAD, then we know why .... smiling smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 25, 2022 16:20

Landed at Schiphol two hours ago , with new 62-22 Logo

[www.instagram.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1207
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home