Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 38
Re: The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: May 11, 2022 19:12

Seeing I live in the States that should not be a problem. And after seeing them 25 times I'm good on my Stones fix.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 11, 2022 19:52

clapton71
Seeing I live in the States that should not be a problem. And after seeing them 25 times I'm good on my Stones fix.

So do I. Going to 3 plus going to see a bunch of other bands/festivals since I like to travel and go see live music, period. I did sell my Clapton tickets for RAH and doing a June/July trip instead.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 12, 2022 09:22

clapton71
The question I pose is how much more $$$ do they need? They could easily lower their prices for tix but Sir MJ thinks differently. I honestly don't think the vibe and mood will be super great on this tour.
The promoters make the prices. That's why in Germany you pay 600€ for a golden circle seat and in another country 200€ for the same spot standing. Of course they could intervent if they wanted to but I think they don't care enough.
When Mick was asked about the ticket prices a few years ago he said that it was important that everyone can visit the concert which is why there are 100€ seats for the most concerts. Of course these are bad seats then and not everybody can afford 100€ either but still most people can see the Stones if they wanted.

I personally still like seeing them but I don't care anymore about being at the front. I've seen them up close so many times and they don't get prettier either so I mainly care about the music and having a good time. That's why I get licky dips. Of course don't mind being at the front either

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 09:28 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 12, 2022 10:27

StonedRambler
clapton71
The question I pose is how much more $$$ do they need? They could easily lower their prices for tix but Sir MJ thinks differently. I honestly don't think the vibe and mood will be super great on this tour.
The promoters make the prices. That's why in Germany you pay 600€ for a golden circle seat and in another country 200€ for the same spot standing. Of course they could intervent if they wanted to but I think they don't care enough.
When Mick was asked about the ticket prices a few years ago he said that it was important that everyone can visit the concert which is why there are 100€ seats for the most concerts. Of course these are bad seats then and not everybody can afford 100€ either but still most people can see the Stones if they wanted.

I personally still like seeing them but I don't care anymore about being at the front. I've seen them up close so many times and they don't get prettier either so I mainly care about the music and having a good time. That's why I get licky dips. Of course don't mind being at the front either

well, you might not be successful with LD tickets if you don't want to be close to stage…

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 12, 2022 12:37

slewan
StonedRambler
clapton71

well, you might not be successful with LD tickets if you don't want to be close to stage…
Cetrainly I will be happy to end up in the front. But to be further back and being able to capture the vibe of the whole stadium isn't bad either. Have had both during the No Filter tour. Actually I think the show seems more spectacular and larger than life if you are a bit further away. Plus you always find space to dance. But of course it's cool to watch them up close.

I just don't understand how people always let it seem as if it was a disaster to be anywhere else then in the pit. You can have a great evening everywhere in the stadium.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 12:38 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 12, 2022 13:52

StonedRambler
slewan
StonedRambler
clapton71

Cetrainly I will be happy to end up in the front. But to be further back and being able to capture the vibe of the whole stadium isn't bad either. Have had both during the No Filter tour. Actually I think the show seems more spectacular and larger than life if you are a bit further away. Plus you always find space to dance. But of course it's cool to watch them up close.

I just don't understand how people always let it seem as if it was a disaster to be anywhere else then in the pit. You can have a great evening everywhere in the stadium.

Agreed - for me personally it’d be one gig in the pit this summer or three gigs (lucky dip Brussels, ga Hyde park, ‘cheap’ seats anfield) for my budget, give me three gigs any day

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 12, 2022 13:59

Anyone have an idea why pit tickets are so rare on this tour? On the No filter tour 2017-21 they always had some pit tickets available.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 12, 2022 14:23

Stonesfan2146
Anyone have an idea why pit tickets are so rare on this tour? On the No filter tour 2017-21 they always had some pit tickets available.

Always?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 12, 2022 14:38

Yeah I remember seeing those high priced packages of pit tickets on all concerts of the past US tours and in Europe 2017/18 they were very high priced from the beginning and I saw some Available for all shows I checked days before show day.

Date: May 12, 2022 15:08

Oh, I thought you were talking about regular, face value pit tickets, not packages...

Yes, it's true that especially for the US shows in 2019 and 2021, there were a lot of Platinum priced tickets and also VIP packs that TM tried to sell. At times, you could see some face value pits drop for several shows. But I guess as a whole it was a bit harder to find a face value pit for shows in the US.

Since I don't buy packages I haven't looked at their availability on the current tour. Would have to look that up. Note that you normally have to go through the "VIP" link on the Stones page to find them. The packages are shown under their own dedicated links on each ticket vendor's page so you usually don't see them if you're looking at regular tickets.

Also note that many venues have seen regular pit tickets drop just recently: Hyde Park #1, Brussels, Madrid, Lyon and Brussels, for example.

I wouldn't say pit tickets are unusually rare on this tour.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 15:16 by Topi.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: May 12, 2022 18:02

StonedRambler
slewan
StonedRambler
clapton71

Like what you say here Rambler! Even I have PIT or Golden Circle all the time I leave them use to walk around the stadium to catch the vibe from everywhere. And everywhere its special great!

Date: May 12, 2022 18:47

Stonesfan2146, I looked at the VIP pit package availability and the following shows seem to have them at the moment:

- Munich
- Liverpool
- Bern

- Brussels
- Vienna
- Lyon
- Paris
- Gelsenkirchen
- Stockholm

So yeah, packages are available if that's what you were wondering...

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 12, 2022 20:50

caschimann
StonedRambler
slewan
StonedRambler
clapton71

Like what you say here Rambler! Even I have PIT or Golden Circle all the time I leave them use to walk around the stadium to catch the vibe from everywhere. And everywhere its special great!

There are some things in life you have to do, seeing the Rolling Stones is one of them.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 12, 2022 22:14

Just one more month.. this is now the thing I'm looking forward most!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 13, 2022 14:00

Tokyo, 6-Jul-2022:

"Celebrate the 60th anniversary of The Rolling Stones on 6-Jul-2022 (Wednesday) with the official band-approved project "THE ROLLING STONES 60th ANNIVERSARY - THE GREATEST FIREWORKS" at Tokyo Racecourse (Fuchu City). The non-stop fireworks display, synchronised with the Stones' music for about an hour, is expected to be one of the largest in Japan, with 14,000 fireworks shooting across the two-kilometre-long track. The fireworks will be directed by Hideo Hirayama, who has directed many large-scale fireworks displays in Japan and abroad" - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [Stones-Hanabi.com] .

Special Train-Tickets - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , Large picture , Large picture , Large picture , Large picture , Large picture

The Tokyo Firework itself on 6-Jul-2002 :

[www.YouTube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-07 14:35 by Irix.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 15, 2022 06:15

Irix
Tokyo, 6-Jul-2022:

"Celebrate the 60th anniversary of The Rolling Stones on 6-Jul-2022 (Wednesday) with the official band-approved project "THE ROLLING STONES 60th ANNIVERSARY - THE GREATEST FIREWORKS" at Tokyo Racecourse (Fuchu City). The non-stop fireworks display, synchronised with the Stones' music for about an hour, is expected to be one of the largest in Japan, with 14,000 fireworks shooting across the two-kilometre-long track. The fireworks will be directed by Hideo Hirayama, who has directed many large-scale fireworks displays in Japan and abroad" - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [Stones-Hanabi.com] .

Very cool.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 15, 2022 06:32

"The non-stop fireworks display, synchronised with the Stones' music for about an hour, is expected to be one of the largest in Japan, with 14,000 fireworks"

14,000 fireworks exploding non-stop for about an hour?eye popping smiley
I'm sure it will be an amazing spectacle, but no doubt the smoke and resulting pollution will have a devastating effect on the environment.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 15, 2022 06:33

Hairball
"The non-stop fireworks display, synchronised with the Stones' music for about an hour, is expected to be one of the largest in Japan, with 14,000 fireworks"

I'm sure it will be an amazing spectacle, but no doubt the smoke and resulting pollution will have a devastating effect on the environment.

Way lesser so than any of the Stones' tours since 2012.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 16, 2022 03:13

Hairball

I just wonder what the City administration of Vienna thinks of the idea. I mean, fireworks are forbidden here even on New Year's Eve.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: May 17, 2022 14:53

Hairball

Don't worry about fireworks, worry more about tons of contaminated water leakage (every day) into the ocean from Fukushima plant.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: May 17, 2022 16:44

I don't know if anyone had noticed (I don't feel like checking 27 pages ...), but on BV's News page there is that piece of globe showing Europe. Although the tour is marked as a 14 concerts tour, there is this small logo on the spot of the city of Helsinki (15 logos in total). Did they drop Helsinki or is it still an option?

cool smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: May 17, 2022 17:00

Yes, Helsinki was in the original plans. They dropped Helsinki and Warsaw due to, well, "recent events".

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: May 17, 2022 17:06

Topi
Yes, Helsinki was in the original plans. They dropped Helsinki and Warsaw due to, well, "recent events".

Wasn't it Prague instead of Warsaw?
Anyway, they might not sell out a big event that is added in a short time frame, but a small surprise club gig in Prague i.e. would do fine...

Date: May 17, 2022 17:10

I just recently heard from a good source it was Warsaw. (Yes, the tongue on the map looked more like Prague)

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 17, 2022 17:42

btw: what happened to the additional show in London that was rumored?

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: May 17, 2022 21:01

Unrelated to the SIXTY tour but, can anyone with a 2016 OLE OLE OLE South America Tour program tell me where rehearsals took place in Los Angeles before the tour? I am usually pretty good at finding out where they rehearse, but I could never figure that one out. My guess is Sony Pictures Studios sound stage. I know disclosing rehearsal locations is frowned upon, but considering it was over 6 years ago, I don't see it being an issue. Thank you.

Date: May 17, 2022 21:56

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: May 17, 2022 22:05

Thanks Topi, but this article is from 2013 and was for The 50 & Counting rehearsals, I'm looking for the rehearsal location from 2016. It is briefly showed in The Trip Across Latin America documentary 2016.

Date: May 17, 2022 22:06

Oh, sorry, my bad!

Did you do a search here on IORR?

According to this thread, it was in Burbank, but didn't see the actual location mentioned.

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-17 22:12 by Topi.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 17, 2022 22:30

Topi

According to this thread, it was in Burbank, but didn't see the actual location mentioned.

Could have been in Burbank at Third Encore Studios like in 2015 or at CenterStaging Studios like in 2013.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home