Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 38
Re: The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 8, 2022 10:14

Not sure the 2013 Hyde Park tickets sold out in 5 minutes either.

Date: May 8, 2022 10:15

strat72
Greed will catch up with you in the end.

Catch up with who? The Stones? They're on a guaranteed fee.

Posted by: CrosseyedHeart ()
Date: May 8, 2022 10:25

This “slow ticket sales” talk has gone on for as long as I can remember. Same thing, every tour. Yet they always do just fine.
So silly.
All I hear is doom and gloom…

Date: May 8, 2022 10:54

I looked it up and the 2013 Hyde Park tickets (for the first show) certainly did not sell out in 5 minutes.

In fact, judging by the message time stamps here on IORR, Tier 3 tickets for the first show reappeared late in the evening of the general sale (Friday April 5)

[iorr.org]

Posted by: MRROLLING ()
Date: May 8, 2022 11:20

A picture of Keith and Ron at RIJKSMUSEUM YESTERDAY

Date: May 8, 2022 13:00

daspyknows
georgelicks
News about slow tickets sales are starting to come around:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Hogwash. The expensive Hyde Park tickets are sold.

For the June 25 Hyde Park show, Diamond VIPs and Golden Circles are available again on AXS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-08 13:03 by Topi.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 8, 2022 18:30

IORR and Hairball mentioned in the Daily Mail article on poor ticket sales for Hyde Park!

Date: May 8, 2022 20:29

Any publicity is good publicity!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 8, 2022 20:44

[twitter.com]

they just posted a clip that has a cool Charlie introduction and shows Mick and Keith in a prominent position singing the Last Time chorus

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 8, 2022 20:50

Looks like the hype is gradually gaining momentum....

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 8, 2022 21:27

Topi
daspyknows
georgelicks

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

For the June 25 Hyde Park show, Diamond VIPs and Golden Circles are available again on AXS.

They were just dropped the last few days. Nothing for weeks.

Date: May 8, 2022 21:39

Steve Heap of the Association of Festival Organisers makes some valid points regarding the sales:

‘Ticket sales are slow. People are holding off to make sure they can afford them as they battle rising bills, and in case there is another Covid problem.’

With inflation out of control, a raging war, and the continuous looming threat of covid - it's no wonder that many are on the fence about attending.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: May 8, 2022 21:49

MRROLLING
A picture of Keith and Ron at RIJKSMUSEUM YESTERDAY

Yep, I saw that picture on Instagram ... they were looking good, flanking a lady, probably from the Rijksmuseum.

cool smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: May 8, 2022 22:40

daspyknows
Topi
daspyknows
georgelicks

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

They were just dropped the last few days. Nothing for weeks.

There have been some on and off on Ticketmaster UK, mostly Golden Circles though. AXS was quiet for a long time, that is true.

Posted by: lovingcup22 ()
Date: May 8, 2022 23:29

Love the Stones, love their music, but I'm done with the No Filter tour that's been running since 2014 to 2021.

I would hope for something different for the 60th Anniversary tour, but I have no expectations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-08 23:29 by lovingcup22.

Posted by: CrosseyedHeart ()
Date: May 9, 2022 04:02

The show I saw last year in Charlotte NC was #3 on my list of the 13 shows I’ve seen since 1975 (‘75 #1, ‘99 #2). You’re missing out if you don’t go. They are on fire. People I know who went and had never seen them before said it was hands-down the best concert they’d ever been to.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 9, 2022 22:07

Hairball
Steve Heap of the Association of Festival Organisers makes some valid points regarding the sales:

‘Ticket sales are slow. People are holding off to make sure they can afford them as they battle rising bills, and in case there is another Covid problem.’

With inflation out of control, a raging war, and the continuous looming threat of covid - it's no wonder that many are on the fence about attending.

Are u going hairball to any shows?

Date: May 9, 2022 22:59

babyblue
Hairball

No babyblue, but not because of any of those reasons. Are you going to any?

I just saw two shows in L.A. in October '21 as well as four others in '19, and while they were fun shows from a nostalgia perspective seeing and hearing all the oldies, they were more or less akin to going to Disneyland on repeat visits - the same old rides that become less exciting the more you go on them. And without Charlie, it wasn't truly the Stones imo. And then factor in the general decline in their performances, the repetitive setlists, etc., etc., etc... I decided that unless by chance they come back to California some time in the future, those recent shows would probably be the last for me. Having seen them many times since '81 from here to Stockholm (and many cities and countries in between); in massive fields, in the desert, in stadiums, mid-sized arenas, along with several small theaters and clubs...let's just say I've seen my fair share of Stones shows, but at this point wouldn't bother traveling too far to see them again. However, if and when they come back to the States - specifically California, it would be something to consider...especially with Lucky Dips.

That being said, for all of those attending any shows on this upcoming mini-tour, have a fantastic time, and I'll be following along right here via IORR for another trip down memory lane.
This could be the last time.............................

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 10, 2022 05:34

Hairball

None of those are reasons for not going to see The Rolling Stones.

Date: May 10, 2022 06:08

GasLightStreet
Hairball

For some it is - from the same Daily Mail article that Steve Heap was quoted in:

‘I’ve bought tickets, but friends have decided to give the shows a miss. It is a lot of money, with the soaring price of food, petrol and energy bills" - Mike Andrews, 47, from Bow, East London.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: May 10, 2022 07:43

GasLightStreet
Hairball

Come on man...

Leisure and entertainment are the first things one cuts when feeling the financial squeeze, as millions (if not billions) are around the world right now.

Lets be realistic, people are doing it tough right now, inequality is soaring.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 10, 2022 08:42

I am cutting back on almost everything else to be able to attend Stones concerts this summer. And Sold a few things for it,which is okay as concert memories are a bigger treasure for me than, say, any collectibles.

Date: May 10, 2022 17:19

Papo
I am cutting back on almost everything else to be able to attend Stones concerts this summer. And Sold a few things for it,which is okay as concert memories are a bigger treasure for me than, say, any collectibles.

That good. I love their shows they put their hearts into pleasing their fans.

Date: May 10, 2022 17:28

Hairball
babyblue
Hairball

No babyblue, but not because of any of those reasons. Are you going to any?

I just saw two shows in L.A. in October '21 as well as four others in '19, and while they were fun shows from a nostalgia perspective seeing and hearing all the oldies, they were more or less akin to going to Disneyland on repeat visits - the same old rides that become less exciting the more you go on them. And without Charlie, it wasn't truly the Stones imo. And then factor in the general decline in their performances, the repetitive setlists, etc., etc., etc... I decided that unless by chance they come back to California some time in the future, those recent shows would probably be the last for me. Having seen them many times since '81 from here to Stockholm (and many cities and countries in between); in massive fields, in the desert, in stadiums, mid-sized arenas, along with several small theaters and clubs...let's just say I've seen my fair share of Stones shows, but at this point wouldn't bother traveling too far to see them again. However, if and when they come back to the States - specifically California, it would be something to consider...especially with Lucky Dips.

That being said, for all of those attending any shows on this upcoming mini-tour, have a fantastic time, and I'll be following along right here via IORR for another trip down memory lane.
This could be the last time.............................

Hi Hairball yes I am attending London shows. Looking forward to it.I know Charlie won’t be there, a real shame. But I think he would like his fans to continue going to see band. I don’t care if they play same songs each night, just seeing them is great. This ain’t last time as Jagger said in interview. I’m. Sure US will see them again perhaps next year and hopefully with a new cd. It’s long overdue. I’m sure they are doing their best to get it done.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 10, 2022 17:49

Having not had it for years I just ordered another copy of Keiths book to try and get me into tour mood

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: May 11, 2022 00:35

The question I pose is how much more $$$ do they need? They could easily lower their prices for tix but Sir MJ thinks differently. I honestly don't think the vibe and mood will be super great on this tour.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 11, 2022 13:36

babyblue
Papo

That good. I love their shows they put their hearts into pleasing their fans.

To be honest, I see a huge problem here: Both guitarists have proven, that they can be devoted - but as well, that they are not ashamed of going on stage when they are totally wasted. I am not sure that they are able to put their hearts into pleasing their fans.

Date: May 11, 2022 17:57

I think you need. glasses. Who told you they are still on drugs?

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: May 11, 2022 18:16

CrosseyedHeart
The show I saw last year in Charlotte NC was #3 on my list of the 13 shows I’ve seen since 1975 (‘75 #1, ‘99 #2). You’re missing out if you don’t go. They are on fire. People I know who went and had never seen them before said it was hands-down the best concert they’d ever been to.

Love your enthusiasm. Let's hope for more of the same

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 11, 2022 18:30

clapton71
The question I pose is how much more $$$ do they need? They could easily lower their prices for tix but Sir MJ thinks differently. I honestly don't think the vibe and mood will be super great on this tour.

Then stay home. They could give away the tickets for free but many (most) would end up paying much more. The expensive seats all get sold anyway.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home